Started on: 08-16-2011 12:10 PM
Replies: 117
Last post by: htexans1 on 08-21-2011 10:25 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ya, it looks like every other bus on the road....

I think it needs a big red star and cresent on the side though. Its his bus paid for by taxpayers. Any president travels in an armored vehicle. That thing prob weights more than a couple of Abrams tanks. Black is the right color for his because its signafies the gloom and doom hes created for the US. I heard they nicknamed it Darth Vadar....fitting too.
IP: Logged
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

So it's a class thing? You live somewhere that has photoshopped busses running around? I don't get it. Perhaps I am not good enough or something. Please, elaborate.

And you realize Wheaton is right outside of Branson right, lots of good musicians there, but I doubt you have heard of the place.

Brad

Oh, Brad....chill out, guy.

Something about my posts always seems to bring forth the "Miss Pissy" in you.

Review these posts. You fired the first salvo, don't forget.

Let's make nice.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:
Tho a nice USA emblem or something somewhere would be nice, it is OUR bus, not his ...

I was gonna post as such when I saw this dumb statement ... :

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
.....maybe a watermelon & fried chicken mural is more what you are looking for?

The Presidential limo sports American flags.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
LOL, now thats funny. True....but still funny
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by cliffw:

The Presidential limo sports American flags.

I have one.... it carries 2 American flags on the front fenders, but when pres is inside, it has one American flag and one Presidential flag.

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Tie dyed shirts never went out of style here.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I have one.... it carries 2 American flags on the front fenders, but when pres is inside, it has one American flag and one Presidential flag.

They are symbols of our country, so that works for me. ( and you can have 2 on the decoy cars too )
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Oh, Brad....chill out, guy.

Something about my posts always seems to bring forth the "Miss Pissy" in you.

Review these posts. You fired the first salvo, don't forget.

Let's make nice.

I am making nice. You poked fun of where I live, after I called you out on a BS post.

Brad
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jaskispyder:

So, I am not against a bus, but I have to ask, why is it all black?

Why is the bus all black? Perhaps Obama is a hard-core Oakland Raider fan

Cordially,
kevin
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 504
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Where are the spinners?
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Cordially,
kevin
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
And as far as I can tell it is all black, there are no words anywhere on it. Even the blackest of black tour buses have a DOT number on them.

Brad
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Sorry for the double post

Cordially,
kevin

8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Quote the picture again. I dare ya! I double dare ya!

[This message has been edited by 8-P (edited 08-18-2011).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

I am making nice. You poked fun of where I live, after I called you out on a BS post.

Brad

Okay. I tried. Whatever.
Next?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Okay. I tried. Whatever.
Next?

No, you made fun of where I lived, and then said we should be nice when I said something back. When I told you what upset me you said "I tried". No, you didn't. Do you have a problem with not everyone kissing your butt because you hung out with a band? I'm not going to be your "yes man", and I could care less who you are, or were if you talk to me like I'm a piece of **** . Respect is a two way street bud.

There are other members I don't get along with at all, but I talk to them with respect at least (not all of them, just the ones that do the same to me).

Long story short, stop talking to me like I'm white trash, and I may stop thinking you are an ******* with the same problems every other musician has.

Brad
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

No, you made fun of where I lived, and then said we should be nice when I said something back. When I told you what upset me you said "I tried". No, you didn't. Do you have a problem with not everyone kissing your butt because you hung out with a band? I'm not going to be your "yes man", and I could care less who you are, or were if you talk to me like I'm a piece of **** . Respect is a two way street bud.

There are other members I don't get along with at all, but I talk to them with respect at least (not all of them, just the ones that do the same to me).

Long story short, stop talking to me like I'm white trash, and I may stop thinking you are an ******* with the same problems every other musician has.

Brad

??
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

??

X2
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Where are the spinners?

Hey...........its got 22" chromies and chrome lugs.................

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Kind of hilarious that after Barry the Kenyans big pep talk about how he wants to get it so all the goods in your shopping cart say "Made In the USA", they looked at his tour bus, and almost everything on it was made in Canada. Another Obamamessiah fail.
PFF
System Bot
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Cordially,
kevin

They had to paint it a dark color, and black is best to keep the original "Summer of Recovery Tour" scheme from bleeding through.

Originally posted by Old Lar:

So folks are printing these and folks are buying them?
Who says their bad policies are not creating jobs and helping the economy?

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 08-18-2011).]

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I really don't care what color the frigg'n bus is, I'm not real pleased that it wasn't made in the USA but, I don't know much about bus manufacturing so maybe Cananda was the only close option. At least it wasn't made in China.

http://www.nabusind.com/index.asp
Right down the road from me. I see the new buses out all the time making the road tests. They build school buses, transit buses and motor coaches. I am sure they could build an appropriate motor coach fit for the President.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

http://www.nabusind.com/index.asp
Right down the road from me. I see the new buses out all the time making the road tests. They build school buses, transit buses and motor coaches. I am sure they could build an appropriate motor coach fit for the President.

Checked out their site and I like their "BRT" model. That would make one Hell of a motor home!
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
All three of the big motorcoach makers in Oregon (Monaco, Country Coach and Marathon) are gone, along with over 4,000 jobs.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Apparently the best motorcoach manufacturers are not in the US anymore and the Secret Service had to search elsewhere for the quality they were looking for. I am surprised it doesn't have a big Canadian leaf on it, like much of what I see for logos of Canadian businesses.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Brad

Maybe you are reading Doni's posts like white trash. The problem is with the receiver, not the transmitter. And the fact that you of all people should cry about someone "making fun of your town" is just precious. I mean, really?!
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Maybe you are reading Doni's posts like white trash. The problem is with the receiver, not the transmitter. And the fact that you of all people should cry about someone "making fun of your town" is just precious. I mean, really?!

No, mentioning his hometown wasn't relevant to the conversation at hand - just a low blow to distract that the fact that he was wrong, as far as I could tell.

Your Greyhound comment was pretty out of line as well. Grow up.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8-P:
No, mentioning his hometown wasn't relevant to the conversation at hand - just a low blow to distract that the fact that he was wrong, as far as I could tell.

Your Greyhound comment was pretty out of line as well. Grow up.

What was he "wrong about"? That he didn't "need help with Photoshop"? I don't know how anyone can tell the level of Doni's Photoshop expertise, as he indicated the link to the source website which included the alterations to the picture already made. Unless Doni is now in the tour bus business, it is apparent to me that he is not the one making alterations to any picture in this thread, for any reason. Including the most obvious inference, that Doni was somehow being deceitful.

As far as the Greyhound comment. You are right, completely out of line. I checked the website, Greyhound doesn't go to Wheaton.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Apparently the best motorcoach manufacturers are not in the US anymore and the Secret Service had to search elsewhere for the quality they were looking for.

Jaski,
I can't say you're wrong, I'm not in the bus building business but, I sincerely doubt the Secret Service couldn't have procured the buses they wanted from a US firm. Having been in government, I've seen how decisions such as this are influenced by, the "Powers that be". the ones currently in charge. Many times, those in "favor" are somehow moved to the top of the approved vendors list for very obscure reasons that causes one to wonder why. I've witnessed it personally, I also no longer work for the government.

That's not to say the Canadians don't produce a quality product but, I'd rather see a US company get US tax dollars just as I'm sure Canadians would rather their dollars be spent in Canada.

------------------
Ron

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

All three of the big motorcoach makers in Oregon (Monaco, Country Coach and Marathon) are gone, along with over 4,000 jobs.

Monaco has or had a plant in Elkhart, IN as well. I read recently they were facing bankruptcy but dodged a bullet by being bought out. I think it was Caterpillar but I may be wrong about that.
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Monaco has or had a plant in Elkhart, IN as well. I read recently they were facing bankruptcy but dodged a bullet by being bought out. I think it was Caterpillar but I may be wrong about that.

Yeah, it was Navistar, the old International Harvester that bought what was left of Monaco. They closed the Oregon operation and moved what little remained to Indiana where Monaco had another plant. Monaco coaches were/are built on a Navistar chassis.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Friends of mine own Farber Speciallty Vehicles and Custom Coach here in Columbus. They build some of the best equipment in the world as far as buses. They build command centers for police, FBI and CIA. Also XRay and Bloodmobiles, bookmobiles and mobile offices for corperations. The Coach division build busses for bands, celebrities and weathy clients. Most of those are one off customs. They start with bare supplied chassis with front or rear engines and build to specs from there on.

http://www.fsvcc.com/
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Friends of mine own Farber Speciallty Vehicles and Custom Coach here in Columbus. They build some of the best equipment in the world as far as buses. They build command centers for police, FBI and CIA. Also XRay and Bloodmobiles, bookmobiles and mobile offices for corperations. The Coach division build busses for bands, celebrities and weathy clients. Most of those are one off customs. They start with bare supplied chassis with front or rear engines and build to specs from there on.

http://www.fsvcc.com/

Sounds like the type of company the secret service bought their buses from.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Sounds like the type of company the secret service bought their buses from.

Yeah, with the exception that they apparently chose one north of our borders.

It's not like the technology, skill, materials or engineering aren't available here, someone made the decision. All I want to know is why they went north. There is a reason.

------------------
Ron

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, with the exception that they apparently chose one north of our borders.

It's not like the technology, skill, materials or engineering aren't available here, someone made the decision. All I want to know is why they went north. There is a reason.

I guess my point was that I spent about two seconds on the site linked and saw Prevost buses just like the ones the secret service bought. Of course there is a reason, I think the secret service spokesman has answered it.

“The vehicle had to support the weight of security and communication equipment that we had,” Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said in an interview. “Our understanding was that that was the only model that could do it.”

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 08-21-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

All I want to know is why they went north. There is a reason.

Follow the $$$.
Wether it's pulling less out of the pocket or putting more in, it's always the $$$.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Ya, it looks like every other bus on the road....

I think it needs a big red star and cresent on the side though. Its his bus paid for by taxpayers. Any president travels in an armored vehicle. That thing prob weights more than a couple of Abrams tanks. Black is the right color for his because its signafies the gloom and doom hes created for the US. I heard they nicknamed it Darth Vadar....fitting too.

I'd go for the Hammer and Sickle of the (former) Soviet Union.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock