Started on: 08-16-2011 12:10 PM
Replies: 117
Last post by: htexans1 on 08-21-2011 10:25 PM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

So, I am not against a bus, but I have to ask, why is it all black. Why not paint it something along the lines of Air Force One?

Secondly, with Obama telling us to live green, this is anything but green. Is it a hybrid? Does it use bio-diesel, or solar power? Shouldn't it be a lighter color so that it doesn't take as much power to keep it cool?

Finally, who gets to keep the swirl marks out of the paint? Geez, that would be a 24/7 job
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I would expect it is 100X more green than a helicopter or a jet.

and, getting mighty petty when you start whining about color choice......maybe a watermelon & fried chicken mural is more what you are looking for?

loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Typical liberal. Just like their Canadian counterparts - they need large vehicles to compensate for where they are lacking in other departments. Regarding your green comment, it was funny a couple years ago when environmental extremist David Suzuki roared across Canada in a diesel guzzling bus with only him and a few others, preaching to other Canadians about why we should walk or bike to work, and why we should try and reduce our carbon footprint. When called out on his own choice to drive such a fuel inefficient vehicle, in typical liberal fashion he said the awareness he was creating about the problem of pollution far outweighed his own polluting, and that overall he didn't do any harm to the environment because his foundation bought an equal amount of carbon emissions credits to offset his tour. Hilarious.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
That's how he rolls.

It would be a good green energy advert if it ran on biodiesel, though. It would show he's not all talk. Of course, taxpayers pay for it either way.
Maybe it's not painted with official colors because he's in campaign mode. Notice the "regular Joe" Kakhis and rolled up sleeves? That's candidate Obama.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

and, getting mighty petty when you start whining about color choice......maybe a watermelon & fried chicken mural is more what you are looking for?

FYI, he took Air Force 1 out to the location where the bus was and then rode the bus into town.
I'm just surprised it doesn't have his big O plastered all over it.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 08-16-2011).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I am not sure why you would think that I am equating the "black" bus with Obama... but again, I am not racist and I don't think along those lines.

Shouldn't our President be proud of our USA colors, shouldn't the bus at least be colored in a presidential looking color, not something the mafia would drive around in.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Formula88:
That's candidate Obama.

could be true. BTW, the Republican candidate will also have a similar bus, as this is a requirement by the secret service. But it is ironic..... do as I say, not as I do..... and don't show patriotism, that is bad....
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
Shouldn't our President be proud of our USA colors, shouldn't the bus at least be colored in a presidential looking color, not something the mafia would drive around in.

Is he travelling in his capacity as POTUS, or is he campaigning?
More likely, it's just a rented bus and there wasn't time to vinyl wrap it.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is traveling the Midwest on a new $1.1 million bus purchased by the Secret Service, an impenetrable-looking conveyance the size of a cross-country Greyhound, painted all in black, with dark tinted windows and flashing red and blue lights.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan emphasized that the bus wasn't purchased solely for the president and would be used for other dignitaries in the future. He said the agency has not previously had buses in its fleet and was overdue to get some since it's had to protect politicians traveling by bus for decades.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is traveling the Midwest on a new $1.1 million bus purchased by the Secret Service, an impenetrable-looking conveyance the size of a cross-country Greyhound, painted all in black, with dark tinted windows and flashing red and blue lights.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan emphasized that the bus wasn't purchased solely for the president and would be used for other dignitaries in the future. He said the agency has not previously had buses in its fleet and was overdue to get some since it's had to protect politicians traveling by bus for decades.

...and since the country has a surplus of cash right now, this was a good time to buy it....
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
A black bus will fit in with almost any setting. It just looks like another bus driving down the road. If you were to paint "Road Bus One" on the side it would be like putting a target on the it.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009

...and since the country has a surplus of cash right now, this was a good time to buy it....

It costs 57k per hour to operate air force one. It will pay itself off in no time at all.
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Now, I don't have any tangible "proof" to back this up, but I was listening to Talk Radio yesterday and they were talking about Mr Obamie. [He was in Cannon Falls, MN yesterday, so I guess they felt the need to talk about him] Apparently the bus is flown in...on a plane....along with several other Suburbans and Tahoes.

Again, I could be wrong. Though I do find it hard to believe that our "fearless leader" would travel the country by bus.

[This message has been edited by Racingman24 (edited 08-16-2011).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Come on....

If he rode a 10-speed, some folks would gripe about his taking up the bike lanes.

You don't like the man....that's a given...but complaining about a bus when he's got the entire US Air Force at his disposal (and at our expense, don't forget) is IMHO a bit lame.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-16-2011).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

It costs 57k per hour to operate air force one. It will pay itself off in no time at all.

Air Force One will still fly him. You don't think he's gonna ride that bus all the way back to DC do you? The bus allows him to get closer to us, the voters. He's in campaign mode. I don't like him or his politics but, it would be the same regardless of who the President was.

On a side note, since we (the taxpayers) paid for and own this bus, I would like to schedule the weekend of October 16 and the following week for a little trip I plan on taking. Where do I sign up?

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-16-2011).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Come on....

If he rode a 10-speed, some folks would gripe about his taking up the bike lanes.

You don't like the man....that's a given...but complaining about a bus when he's got the entire US Air Force at his disposal (and at our expense, don't forget) is IMHO a bit lame.

"do as I say... not as I do"..... Obama
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, every president in modern history rides around in a black stretch vehicle.. but since its Obama, that color of a bus must have some hidden anti-american agenda. At least the lights are red and blue lenses with white bulbs.. not patriotic enough?

Still...
The rhetoric for rhetoric's sake is getting REALLY OLD. How much hate and vitriol is the right willing to spew forth based on choice of the president's transportation... so much for the REAL issues when anger and contempt can rule the day. Certainly there are more worthwile things to criticize him for. No? Then I guess he isnt doing as bad a job at president as many here would like to make us believe with puff pieces like this.

A million dollars to keep the president safe in a bulletproof bus is not the issue, your dislike of him as our leader is. It is actually in line with the costs of other tour busses, less than some. Even if it was used, It would still be the subject of criticism from the president's detractors. The facts be damned, just be critical of him for whatever reason you can find.

They plan to use this bus for other dignitaries and people after the campaign... including the next president if its not Obama.

By the way, no biodiesal or solar power? That would have brought the costs up to purchase, just another thing to jump on if they HAD done that. Maybe Obama should have borrowed Willie Nelson's biodiesal bus, but then he would have been accused of associated with a known pothead, an even more "condemnable offense". And since there are very few biodiesal stations on the campaign trail, he'd have to have a biodiesal tanker following him around wherever he goes just to stay gassed up, or go well out of his way and use MORE fuel just to fuel up. And then THAT would draw criticism too. Its not viable at this time, maybe in the future.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-16-2011).]

Bwhit12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bwhit12Send a Private Message to Bwhit12Direct Link to This Post
The whole "Go Green" slogan that he spews out is just the same as his wifes "Don't eat burgers" slogan. It's all do as we say not as we do.

If it's to expensive to drive something "Green" maybe he should think how expensive it is for us to purchase the "Green" vehicles. If he thought more along those lines maybe he wouldn't push the middle class man so hard to buy them. I don't have the money to buy 50 batteries to keep my car going that is only going to hold a 40 mile charge and I don't have the time to drive out of the way to fill up on some fuel that is not at every gas station.

Great idea in theory, but hard to put into action.

[This message has been edited by Bwhit12 (edited 08-16-2011).]

partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Is he travelling in his capacity as POTUS, or is he campaigning?
More likely, it's just a rented bus and there wasn't time to vinyl wrap it.

The taxpayers flipped the tab, it was a purchase.
Would be nice to keep tabs on what happens to it after it's usefulness is exhausted.
Sure it will be some campaign donor's private family motor home, bought for only $5.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Yeah, every president in modern history rides around in a black stretch vehicle.. but since its Obama, that color of a bus must have some hidden anti-american agenda. At least the lights are red and blue lenses with white bulbs.. not patriotic enough?

Still...
The rhetoric for rhetoric's sake is getting REALLY OLD. How much hate and vitriol is the right willing to spew forth based on choice of the president's transportation... so much for the REAL issues when anger and contempt can rule the day. Certainly there are more worthwile things to criticize him for. No? Then I guess he isnt doing as bad a job at president as many here would like to make us believe with puff pieces like this.

A million dollars to keep the president safe in a bulletproof bus is not the issue, your dislike of him as our leader is. It is actually in line with the costs of other tour busses, less than some. Even if it was used, It would still be the subject of criticism from the president's detractors. The facts be damned, just be critical of him for whatever reason you can find.

They plan to use this bus for other dignitaries and people after the campaign... including the next president if its not Obama.

By the way, no biodiesal or solar power? That would have brought the costs up to purchase, just another thing to jump on if they HAD done that. Maybe Obama should have borrowed Willie Nelson's biodiesal bus, but then he would have been accused of associated with a known pothead, an even more "condemnable offense". And since there are very few biodiesal stations on the campaign trail, he'd have to have a biodiesal tanker following him around wherever he goes just to stay gassed up, or go well out of his way and use MORE fuel just to fuel up. And then THAT would draw criticism too. Its not viable at this time, maybe in the future.

"do as I say, not as I do".... Obama
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Bwhit12:

The whole "Go Green" slogan that he spews out is just the same as his wifes "Don't eat burgers" slogan. It's all do as we say not as we do.

If it's to expensive to drive something "Green" maybe he should think how expensive it is for us to purchase the "Green" vehicles. If he thought more along those lines maybe he wouldn't push the middle class man so hard to buy them. I don't have the money to buy 50 batteries to keep my car going that is only going to hold a 40 mile charge and I don't have the time to drive out of the way to fill up on some fuel that is not at every gas station.

Great idea to theory, but hard to put into action.

EXACTLY! If a green bus doesn't make sense, then maybe higher oil prices and higher car prices for higher MPG doesn't make sense either. This is why I say, "do as I say, not as I do".... Obama
PFF
System Bot
Bwhit12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bwhit12Send a Private Message to Bwhit12Direct Link to This Post
I don't care for the guy one bit, but that's not why I pick at his political stances. I pick at them on the sole fact that he is one big HYPOCRITE!!

Edit: He will be gone soon enough and we can pick on the next politician that enters office. Hopefully it's not another liberal. I think the U.S. will die if that's the case.

[This message has been edited by Bwhit12 (edited 08-16-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
hahaha, I saw that bus yesterday!

How come no one has mentioned this bus's twin yet? There was a burgandy decoy out in front of this one. Preceeded by 12 state patrol motorcycles, 20+ squad cars, 12 black Suburbans, and then followed by 4 more suburbans, 4 white Ford econoline 15-passenger vans, plus more police force.

My friend and I were just at a junkyard off of Hwy 52 getting some new tires put on, and when we went to leave, the city had taken all the snowplows out and parked them in front of every business on the highway. No one could enter or exit the junkyard 30 min before the president came, and made us wait about 10-15 min. after the last police cruiser had went past before the snowplows were moved.

Now I hate listening to people blame all sorts of politicians for all sorts of problems, but I think its safe for my friend to blame Obama for making him late to work yesterday.
Bwhit12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bwhit12Send a Private Message to Bwhit12Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
Now I hate listening to people blame all sorts of politicians for all sorts of problems, but I think its safe for my friend to blame Obama for making him late to work yesterday.

I believe your friend is what they call "Racist"!
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

I believe your friend is what they call "Racist"!

hahahah, That made me laugh. Either way it was something to switch up my regular day to day routine. I mean, how often can you say you the president was less than 50 physical feet away from you?
Bwhit12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bwhit12Send a Private Message to Bwhit12Direct Link to This Post
I strive to keep the president states away from me. Don't believe I would enjoy his presence.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Still...

Yes. "Thumbs up." "Quoted For Truth." Well said / well written! Kudos to the "tbone" ... Might say the "tbone" is "well done" here ...
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

I don't care for the guy one bit, but that's not why I pick at his political stances. I pick at them on the sole fact that he is one big HYPOCRITE!!

...and suddenly a hypocritical politician is a major shock to the system ? In the presidency, no less?

T'was ever thus, I'm afraid.

Please let us all know when authenticity in political life becomes the norm rather than the exception.
Bwhit12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bwhit12Send a Private Message to Bwhit12Direct Link to This Post

Edit: He will be gone soon enough and we can pick on the next politician that enters office. Hopefully it's not another liberal. I think the U.S. will die if that's the case.

Could you please read my entire post?
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I did.

The latter part wasn't relevant to the point made in the former.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Could you please read my entire post?

Whats the point in saying that, how do you know he did not?

We all know what your intent is, we all saw your words.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I don't give much of a damn what color his freaking bus is. I wouldn't like him even if it had daisies painted all over it.

It's about his policies. He's a socialist.

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
...I mean, how often can you say you the president was less than 50 physical feet away from you?

Never. Thankfully.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't matter if he bicycled around the state, some would pick fault with that too. The hate is strong in many!
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

It doesn't matter if he bicycled around the state, some would pick fault with that too. The hate is strong in many!

hmmm, I don't think his smoker's lungs could handle that. Oh wait.... he quit smoking... right.... "do as I say, not as I do".... Obama
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

hmmm, I don't think his smoker's lungs could handle that. Oh wait.... he quit smoking... right.... "do as I say, not as I do".... Obama

Haters gotta hate.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I pick at them on the sole fact that he is one big HYPOCRITE!!

Sadly, you can find plenty of that right here.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Haters gotta hate.

So very typical. Have some more kool aid.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
Is this the "Summer of Recovery Bus Tour" buses that were ordered with stimulus money?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

...and suddenly a hypocritical politician is a major shock to the system ? In the presidency, no less?

T'was ever thus, I'm afraid.

Please let us all know when authenticity in political life becomes the norm rather than the exception.

While I don't necessarly agree with your premise to begin with, does it make hypocrisy excusable, just because we're now talking about Obama?

8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

While I don't necessarly agree with your premise to begin with, does it make hypocrisy excusable, just because we're now talking about Obama?

Excusable? Not really, but people make a much bigger deal out of Obama doing something hypocritical than any other politician.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock