Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Muslims called to commit forest fire arson in the US (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Muslims called to commit forest fire arson in the US by loafer87gt
Started on: 06-30-2012 09:15 PM
Replies: 288
Last post by: Jonesy on 07-24-2012 11:18 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
Again, they do what the god they belive in tells them to do. muhamid tells them that infidels must die. IF they do not belive muhomid then they they are not muslim. Do not make the mistake of inturpiting islam for them. They know better than you what to do to infidels.

The Muslim world is divided between those that think like that--the Islamic radicals--and those that think otherwise--the moderate Muslims.

All that you are doing here is slandering the moderate Muslims.

Can you even name any Muslims, aside from the late Osama bin Laden and the by now centuries late Mohammed?

Here are some excerpts from a webpage that is maintained by a certain-sized group of Muslims in the U.S.: The Cordoba Initiative.

These are the people that you are slandering with your latest PFF posts on this topic.

Now we can argue about how relevant these "Cordoba" Muslims are. We can argue about how many or few there are. We can argue about whether they are making any progress in their stated goals--or not.

But do you really want to keep on slandering these people in what I can only describe as your completely uninformed fashion?

Compared to you, loafer87GT is relatively open-minded about Muslims--and when it comes to posting uninformed bigotry on PFF, loafer87GT is certainly no slouch!

http://www.cordobainitiative.org/about/

Founded in 2004, the Cordoba Initiative is a multi-national, multi-faith organization dedicated to improving understanding and building trust among people of all cultures and religions.

The name Cordoba was chosen to symbolize the time in history when Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together in peace and harmony and created a prosperous center of intellectual, spiritual, cultural and commercial life in the city of Cordoba in Southern Spain.

Cordoba Initiative is often asked about extremist interpretations of Islam, the conflict between the secular and religious traditions in the Muslim world, the lack of young Muslim leaders speaking out against violence and the role of women in modern Islam. The Cordoba Initiative tackles these and other tough issues in a practical way in order to break the cycle of fear, misunderstanding and mistrust that fuels extremism and radicalism around the world.

The Cordoba Initiative is the vision of Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf. Imam Feisal brings together leaders across the Muslim-West divide to speak out for innovative, proactive, and positive solutions to shared challenges. In this capacity, Cordoba Initiative can provide novel solutions to those areas where conflict between Islamic and Western communities undermine local and global security.

In 1997, he also co- founded the American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA); the first Muslim organization committed to building bridges between Muslims and the American public by elevating the discourse on Islam through educational outreach, interfaith collaboration, culture and arts.

Background: Born of Egyptian parentage and educated in England, Egypt, and Malaysia, Imam Feisal holds a Bachelor of Science in Physics from Columbia University in New York and a Master of Science in Plasma Physics from Stevens Institute of Technology in New Jersey.

Published Work: What’s Right with Islam Is What’s Right with America (HarperCollins, 2005); Islam: A Sacred Law (Threshold Books, 2000); Islam: A Search for Meaning (Mazda Publishers,1996); “What is Islamic Law?” Mercer Law Review (2006); and “Justification & Theory of Sharia Law: How the American Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and Constitution are Consistent with Islamic Jurisprudence” University of St. Thomas Law (2010).

Imam Feisal is also the author of the forthcoming book Moving the Mountain: Beyond Ground Zero to a New Vision of Islam in America (Free Press)

So there you have it.

It sounds like you are too totally locked into your Muslim "hatefest" to consider changing the direction of your posts on this topic in any way, but it may be that some other posters (besides myself) will have something to say in reaction to this post.

Peace.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-04-2012).]

IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

If I were a catholic I would be protesting loudly so that others wouldn't think that I believe child rape by priests is ok

I am not catholic, my coment is only common sence. FIRST demand an investigation into the claims of molestation. DO NOT assume the claims are true. Make decisions on the findings. IF there are molsters in the church, THEN protest and demand justice.
I have my opinions on the matter, but the truth may not be all out yet?

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Not all Muslims follow Al-Quaeda. But yes, it's a problem with those that do..

I have yet to meet a Muslim that opposes what the radicals do.

I have met smokers to oppose bad things other smokers do.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
F there are molsters in the church

IF? Its pretty clear there is.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by rinselberg:

The Muslim world is divided between those that think like that--the Islamic radicals--and those that think otherwise--the moderate Muslims.

All that you are doing here is slandering the moderate Muslims.

You mean the ones that believe their religion and those that don't? Its pretty clear that their religion does not support the existence of anyone else. So if you are one, by default you embrace its core concepts. If you don't embrace it, you really aren't Muslim and are something else.

To be fair, throughout history most other religions have also gone thru this same 'eradicate the unbeliever' phase, but they outgrew it. These morons have yet to do that..

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I think that I'm nearly always in agreement with what you say, but it would benefit Catholics if they didn't remain silent and the same thing goes for Muslims. To many people their silence denotes acceptance or agreement. If I were a catholic I would be protesting loudly so that others wouldn't think that I believe child rape by priests is ok

They are protesting loudly... support in the Catholic church in the United States has dropped considerably, and has actually driven many people to non-denominational churches like Calvary Chapel, etc...

I know that just before I left Florida... the Archdiocese of Miami had to close three Catholic churches... two of which had been around since the 60s (which is a long time for South Florida).

Believe me... there's a major backlash. The new Catholic Pope has also apologized many times in the past couple of years, and vowed to make major changes.

http://www.christianpost.co...r-child-abuse-44398/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/w...ical-child-sex-abuse

When the declared leader of the entire religion apologizes numerous times and promises to make major changes and hold those responsible... accountable... I think it's pretty remarkable.

But we're talking Apples to Oranges here... we're comparing... maybe... what... ~400 possibly abuse cases?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...use_cases_by_country

Some of which were thrown out and the priest sued for damages / libel because they were false.

But in any case, you're comparing maybe... let's say even 1000 (which the number reported isn't even half that)... still bad, but compared to the millions who have actually DIED at the hands of radical Islam, in the name of Islam?

Really big difference... I don't even know why you would compare it?

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 07-04-2012).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

But in any case, you're comparing maybe... let's say even 1000 (which the number reported isn't even half that)... still bad, but compared to the millions who have actually DIED at the hands of radical Islam, in the name of Islam?

Plus its not 'systemic' with the Catholics, and those priests are operating "out of bounds" when they do things like this. With Islam and the Muslims, its a core belief..
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:
You mean the ones that believe their religion and those that don't? Its pretty clear that their religion does not support the existence of anyone else. So if you are one, by default you embrace its core concepts. If you don't embrace it, you really aren't Muslim and are something else.

To be fair, throughout history most other religions have also gone thru this same 'eradicate the unbeliever' phase, but they outgrew it. These morons have yet to do that..

No--you can't fairly say that their religion (islam) excludes the possibility of peacefully co-existing with other religions.

Islam---and I just look on it as an outsider, gleaning what I can from the Internet and those mainstream news channels that you so vigorously disdain--is evolving. Did you just read the top of my previous post, or did you go all the way through it?

Where is Islam evolving? In the United States, in particular. You have groups of Muslims like the Cordoba Initiative that are focused on peacefully coexisting with other religions in this post 9-11 world that we all live in. There are mosques in the United States that are involved in interfaith programs of cooperation and peace with neighboring churches---perhaps even with Jewish synagogues--and with a little effort I am sure that I could dig up some mainstream news reports to better illustrate what I am talking about.

Islam is also evolving into a more modern, peaceful and tolerant religion in Austria, according to this new report from the BBC News (which you probably despise).

Is Islam evolving for the better, towards modernity and tolerance, in other countries and especially in countries where Muslims are the overwhelming majority of the population, like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Kuwait, etc.?

I think that there is a struggle going on in every one of these countries, pitting moderate Muslims who want to modernize and become more tolerant of other religions, against Islamic conservatives and radicals who want to stay frozen in time or evolve backwards towards even greater intolerance and oppression. In some countries (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria) the moderates are having a very hard time, perhaps even losing. In other Muslim-majority countries (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait) the moderate Muslims are making some real progress--not in terms of letting other religions into their countries in any significant way, but at least in terms of maintaining peaceful international relations and reducing the funding that supports international Islamic terrorism. Again, I could dig up some news stories about this, but I can't give you links right off the top of my head.

I could go on in this vein, but if you can't see some truth in what I already said here, you probably aren't going to be interested in anything else that I could dig up for you to substantiate my thesis that Islam is evolving for the better--at least in some parts of the world.

So--what's your reaction to this?
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

No--you can't fairly say that their religion (islam) excludes the possibility of peacefully co-existing with other religions.

Um, all non believers are mandated to be eradicated, so yes, i can say there is no co-existence. If they change, perhaps, but then its a different religion and a totally different discussion. I also wont hold my breath on them EVER becoming 'tolerant'.

I will also go so far to say that currently if any appear to be 'tolerant' its a scam. They aren't, and never will be.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 07-04-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

I agree with this in part. The more aggressive and evangelizing religions do go though this phase. I think that the Christian religion was dragged out of their phase by Enlightenment in the 17th and 18th centuries and put in the more civilized and diminished place it is now.

Yet, not even all Christians have put this phase behind them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ti-abortion_violence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Order_%28group%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...%27s_Resistance_Army
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

I think it's wrong and dangerous to classify all Muslims as murderous radicals or sympathizers. An Us vs. Them mentality will not move us forward. What other alternative is there, anyways? Exterminate 1.5 billion Muslims?

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 07-04-2012).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

What other alternative is there, anyways? Exterminate 1.5 billion Muslims?

If that is what it takes, yes. I refuse to 'get along' or 'compromise' with people that want me dead out of principle, and will act on it.. You don't make deals with that sort of person as its only a ruse to catch you off guard.

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

If that is what it takes, yes. I refuse to 'get along' or 'compromise' with people that want me dead out of principle, and will act on it.. You don't make deals with that sort of person as its only a ruse to catch you off guard.

I think you and people who think like you are a) wrong and b) dangerous. Are you really aware of what you are saying?
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

I think you and people who think like you are a) wrong and b) dangerous. Are you really aware of what you are saying?

Yes i am. If there is a choice between me and a person ( or group ) that *intends* to do me harm. I pick me, and to hell with them.

Note i not saying it's due to their belief that they are better/etc, which they can have all they want, but instead its due to their active attempts to eradicate non believers.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Um, all non believers are mandated to be eradicated....

I have heard the Koran misquoted just as much as the Bible, mostly by people trying to control or destroy others.

I have also seen many violent things in our own Bible.
I heard it was not ment to be taken literally.
But the Koran is?

Why is it so much easier to hate then think?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Um, all non believers are mandated to be eradicated, so yes, i can say there is no co-existence. If they change, perhaps, but then its a different religion and a totally different discussion. I also wont hold my breath on them EVER becoming 'tolerant'.

I will also go so far to say that currently if any appear to be 'tolerant' its a scam. They aren't, and never will be.

"All non-believers are to be eradicated." So you are taking the entire Koran, from first page to last page, and interpreting it literally. As if every line in the Koran were to be regarded as equally important as every other line; as if there were no distancing of oneself from the text, no room for thinking "Yes the Koran says that on this particular page" but "No, we're not really going to do exactly that."

I of course don't know what faith (if any) you profess, but if it's Christianity and you take even the New Testament (leave aside the Old Testament) literally, from front page to back, and think that every sentence is as important or valid as every other sentence, and every Biblical injunction has to be carried out literally, word for word, then you would be a Christian fundamentalist. Like that fruitcake Terry Jones who wanted to (and eventually did) burn the Koran. And I probably wouldn't enjoy "hanging out" with you very much. Unlike an Islamic fundamentalist (which to me is the same as an Islamic radical), you might not kill me, but I wouldn't look to you (as a Christian fundamentalist) for any guidance or example of how to live.

I think that one can be a Muslim and not take the entire Koran literally, word for word, from front page to back.

That's what I mean when I say "moderate Muslim".

And you say "that's not a Muslim anymore, but something else."

Maybe we've come to an impasse in our discussion here, Nurb. A dead end, where no further agreement is possible.

I do appreciate the back and forth between us (up to this point). There are other PFF posters who start something (like the OP on this thread) but don't come back to argue and expand on their points. I'm glad that you seem to be not one of them.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I agree with this in part. The more aggressive and evangelizing religions do go though this phase. I think that the Christian religion was dragged out of their phase by Enlightenment in the 17th and 18th centuries and put in the more civilized and diminished place it is now.

Hmm. Enlightenment? You can tell a whole lot from any type of religion by the fruitage it produces. If the so-called Christians claim they are followers of Christ then what is the fruitage they are producing? I thought the greatest command is too, "Love thy neighbor as thy self? The United States of American is mainly made of so-called Christians, but by the bad examples seen in the news it appears to be a bumper crop of bad fruits? What happened to the "Sermon on the Mount"? Or could it be said that those who claim to be followers aren't really true followers of Christ and are fakes? I mean come on. I never heard of Jesus Christ running around killing people in his name.

How about the so-called Muslims that claim to be followers of their Holy books. What type of crop have they produced? In all of the countries that are Muslims is there peace among them? Are they too just like the so-called Christians who claim to be followers are fakes too?
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Yes i am. If there is a choice between me and a person ( or group ) that *intends* to do me harm. I pick me, and to hell with them.

Note i not saying it's due to their belief that they are better/etc, which they can have all they want, but instead its due to their active attempts to eradicate non believers.

Nurb...wow, guy.

Are you really suggesting that 1.5 billion people die because of the actions of a relative few? Do you sincerely think the whole of the Muslim world is waiting for you to take a nap so we can tiptoe over and smother you with a pillow? I respectfully draw your attention to the fact that vastly more Muslims are killed by other Muslims than Christians killed by Muslims....about 1000-to-1 is a good estimate. In some nations, the Islamic community has much more to fear from their own than you ever will. Those Muslims who had the wherewithal to do so came to this country to avoid such risks....a security concept severely undercut by some of the opinions expressed in this thread, among other places....but most would rather face American racism than a car bomb any day.

I suspect all....scratch that.....SOME of your like-minded supporters will cry "Hell, Yeah....kill 'em all!" to those questions but I'd then have to ask....

Who ARE the savages really?

Also inferring all Al-Qaeda are Muslims therefore all Muslims are Al-Qaeda sympathizers is akin to saying all KKK members are White therefore all Whites are charter members of the KKK.....an absolutely ridiculous assumption and blanket indictment.

Okay....I'll leave you guys to continue your hate-fest.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 07-04-2012).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:
Also inferring all Al-Qaeda are Muslims therefore all Muslims are Al-Qaeda sympathizers is akin to saying all KKK members are White therefore all Whites are charter members of the KKK.....an absolutely ridiculous assumption and blanket indictment.

Okay....I'll leave you guys to continue your hate-fest.

I hope the World don't think ALL of us are like that.
I choose think over hate.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

"All non-believers are to be eradicated." So you are taking the entire Koran, from first page to last page, and interpreting it literally.

It is the teaching of their god, so yes i take it literally. If its to be 'interpreted by man' then its' not a 'guidance from god' and just a bunch of made up nonsense to be dismissed as false. ( this applies to any religion )
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I have heard the Koran misquoted just as much as the Bible, mostly by people trying to control or destroy others.

I have also seen many violent things in our own Bible.
I heard it was not ment to be taken literally.
But the Koran is?

Why is it so much easier to hate then think?

Its not my bible and yes its just as bad, however few 'christian based' religions now go out and try to eradicate non-believers.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

It is the teaching of their god, so yes i take it literally. If its to be 'interpreted by man' then its' not a 'guidance from god' and just a bunch of made up nonsense to be dismissed as false. ( this applies to any religion )

Did men write bibles, or Gods?
PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Who ARE the savages really?

One is to prevent, the other is to create. I say the ones preventing are not savage.

As far as the rest, if they are complacent, they are part of the problem. Silence about outrageous acts speaks volumes. ( which goes for any subject, not just the one that the thread is talking about )

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Its not my bible

It's your bible or I WILL KILL YOU!!!!
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

It's your bible or I WILL KILL YOU!!!!

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

But only in the name of it.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-04-2012).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

The difference i see is that many whites openly condemn the actions of the KKK.

(oh, and being Muslim is a choice, being white isn't )

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Did men write bibles, or Gods?

Men were moved by God's spirit to write the various books of the Bible which are 66 in total. However, the writers were inspired by God. (1 Tim 3:16). The Bible is meant for all of mankind regardless of race (Acts 10:34).
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

One is to prevent, the other is to create. I say the ones preventing are not savage.

As far as the rest, if they are complacent, they are part of the problem. Silence about outrageous acts speaks volumes. ( which goes for any subject, not just the one that the thread is talking about )

So you are talking about the silence of the Muslim majority? Silence in regards to outrageous acts carried out by Islamic extremists like al-Qaida?

Is it silence--or is it that you are not listening? Are there peaceful, tolerant Muslims holding up signs that you do not see because you are not looking?

Here's the most important post in this discussion, up to this point--it's from Pyrthian: Did you read it? Do you not agree?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/094688-4.html#p144

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

So you are talking about the silence of the Muslim majority? Silence in regards to outrageous acts carried out by Islamic extremists like al-Qaida?

Is it silence--or is it that you are not listening? Are there peaceful, tolerant Muslims holding up signs that you do not see because you are not looking?

Here's the most important post in this discussion, up to this point--it's from Pyrthian: Did you read it? Do you not agree?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/094688-4.html#p144

I disagree they are out there in any significant number.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

I wonder how many Muslims would see your words and think the exact same thing about Americans. I've said it before and will again, you DON'T speak for us, and you're an embarrassment to many of us. Your views are EXACTLY the same as what you're accusing them of.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Its not my bible and yes its just as bad, however few 'christian based' religions now go out and try to eradicate non-believers.

Tell that to the sufferers of the Holy Wars, Spanish Inquisition, Native Americans, etc, etc, etc
PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Your views are EXACTLY the same as what you're accusing them of.

No, they are not the same acts that i accuse of them of, but you seem to assume i care what they think of me? I don't.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by mptighe:

Tell that to the sufferers of the Holy Wars, Spanish Inquisition, Native Americans, etc, etc, etc

Native Americans fought back. The Jews fought back in WWI the best they could, the 'witches' in Salem protested. Yes, many of these groups lost in the end but they were not complacent in the process.

When 9/11 happened i worked with many ( several floors of the building actually ) Muslims, and not one spoke up. Not one was in the middle of a 'holy war' here in town and could have easily and safely said 'that was wrong'. None did. I don't expect them to go on a personal crusade or something, but silence? Nope, i don't buy it.

And sure, there are always exceptions as nothing is 100%, but when the vast majority do not speak up to condemn actions that THEIR CHOSEN RELIGION REQUIRES, it tells me they support the actions.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

I disagree they are out there in any significant number.

I think that is very debatable.

Define "number". Are you talking about a percentage of Muslims worldwide, or would you be interested in, say, just a percentage of the Muslims that are residing in the United States? It would seem to me that it's the Muslims that are here in the U.S. that would be of most interest (or concern) to you.

Either way, we'll probably just have to agree to disagree, because I don't have numbers for you.

You did see the poll results that I posted?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/094688.html#p21

That was a poll taken of Muslims in five Muslim-dominated countries (including Pakistan) about their confidence (or lack thereof) that al-Qaida would do "the right thing".

Do you not make anything positive and significant of these poll numbers?

I already know--you don't--it's just a rhetorical question.

We'll probably just have to agree to disagree, because I think the problem is more in your perceptions of reality than the reality itself.

That must have been a memorable experience, when 9-11 went down, and you were surrounded by all those Muslim contractors.

I have no experience like that--I wasn't around any Muslims when 9-11 went down.

Perhaps you could post more about what happened at that time, as you personally experienced it. What was it like for you, as far as these Muslim contractors and their reaction(s)? How in particular did they react to the events of 9-11? How did they make you feel uncomfortable?

Whatever..
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Either way, we'll probably just have to agree to disagree, because I don't have numbers for you.
Perhaps you could post more about what happened at that time, as you personally experienced it. What was it like for you, as far as these Muslim contractors and their reaction(s)? How in particular did they react to the events of 9-11? How did they make you feel uncomfortable?

Sometimes that's the best thing, just agree to disagree

The co-workers ( contractors, H1-B style due to skill sets ) didn't make me feel 'uncomfortable', and no i wasn't looking at them funny wondering if they were going to blow up our building. On that morning soon after the first tower was hit and before we knew what was really happening they almost universally stopped talking in English and left the building. ( I got to the parking garage as the first building was hit.. when i got the office they were already leaving ) They also avoided most all the Americans for a few days. While an understandable reaction to avoid any possible retaliation it did make them look suspicious, but again that didn't bother me. What did bother me is that even after things 'cooled' down, not one ever made a statement that it was bad. They just avoided the topic if it ever came up ( which it did, due to who i work for ) and continued to mostly avoid speaking in English in the halls or elevators.

"A simple, that was a terrible thing that happened and was wrong to do" would have sufficed for me, and most others that i work with.

And no, i wasn't working at the pentagon, but we were at risk due to the unknown factor at first and instigated a lock down ... it was NOT a fun day.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

I have had in the past, before and after 9/11, Muslim friends... but they were all American. However, I remember after 9/11, when I received calls from my Dutch relatives... one of them is a school teacher... (what would be comparable to elementary school), and at least half of her kids are Muslim... not to be confused with Moroccan descendents (some of my family is Moroccan that converted to Christianity a LONG time ago). Anyway... these school kids, many of them from Iraq, Syria, etc... they were laughing, screaming with pleasure... when there was an announcement that the United States had been attacked. This is what my cousin told me that she experienced with her class (a little more than half of which is Muslim). They were PLEASED by the fact that America had been attacked... very pleased.

Todd
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post
OK. I don't doubt it. But I don't think that this contradicts anything that I have ever posted on this forum.

I'm talking about the situation right now, today. Especially in the United States.

Not too long ago, when the Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan, were burning Terry Jones in effigy, they were also burning Osama bin Laden in effigy at the same time. I posted that here when it happened.

Sounds like progress to me.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
sorry it took so long to reply, reality intervenes.

freedom of speech has limits, whether based on the BOR or universal human rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
"the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, as with libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime."

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/95-815.pdf
the Court has decided that the First 'Amendment provides no protection to obscenity, child pornography, or speech that constitutes "advocacy of the use of force or of law violation... where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action".'

http://www.freedomforum.org...itsfreedomspeech.htm
'The First Amendment does not protect statements that are uttered to provoke violence or incite illegal action.
Justice Holmes, speaking for the unanimous Supreme Court, stated, “The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent.”

You wont get a different answer: Yes, they have that right.

i trust this means that you will similarly support my right to have and express my opinions?

on another issue:
http://www.news24.com/Afric...nt-violence-20120703

i will repeat myself this one last time then I'm done

now i am done here. seeya!

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 07-04-2012).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

i trust this means that you will similarly support my right to have and express my opinions?

Have and express your beliefs and options, of course i support it. Punch someone in the nose over your beliefs, no.

I removed the legal mumbo jumbo as it doesn't apply to my statements above. I was speaking only of my personal feelings on the matter of speech, not what some court decides.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Sounds like progress to me.

I hope you are right, but it will take a lot more than that to convince me that 1000's of years of hard core bread in fanaticism will just go up in smoke one afternoon..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock