Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  stop this from coming to the USA (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
stop this from coming to the USA by proff
Started on: 07-24-2012 06:22 AM
Replies: 48
Last post by: newf on 07-29-2012 08:37 PM
stumpkin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

If Islam becomes the dominate religion in the UK and the USA or around the world, so be it.

I don't find any real differences between Christianity and Islam any ways.

A Comparison between Jesus and Muhammad:

Death: Jesus died and rose from the dead; Muhammad died and stayed dead.

Fighting: Jesus never fought; Muhammad fought many times.

Hearing from God: When Jesus heard from God he went to the desert to be tempted and began his ministry with boldness (Mark 1:14-15); When Muhammad heard from God (through an angel) he cowered, was uncertain and wanted to commit suicide (Quran 74:1-5).

Identity: Jesus claimed to be God (John 8:24; 8:58) as well as a man, Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6); Muhammad claimed to be a man.

Instructions Received: Jesus received from God the Father (John 5:19); Muhammad received from an angel.

Killing: Jesus never killed anyone he had the power to take life, but never did. He restored it; Muhammad killed many Muhammad had the power to take it, but not to restored it.

Life: No one ever died in Jesus' presence; Many people died in Muhammad' presence -- he killed them.

Marriage: Jesus never married; Muhammad had over 20 wives and even married a nine year old girl.

Ministry: Jesus received his calling from God directly (Matt. 3:17); Muhammad received it from an angel (Gabriel).

Ministry Length: Jesus taught for 3 1/2 years; Muhammad taught for more than 20 years.

Miracles: Jesus performed many miracles including healing people, calming a storm with a command, and raising people from the dead; Muhammad's only alleged miracle was the Quran.

Prophecy: Jesus fulfilled biblical prophecy about being the Messiah (Matt. 24:24); Muhammad did not fulfill any prophecy.

Sacrifice: Jesus voluntarily laid his life down for others; Muhammad saved his own life many times and had others killed.

Sin: Jesus never sinned (1 Pet. 2:22); Muhammad was a sinner (Quran 40:55; 48:1-2).

Slaves: Jesus owned no slaves; Muhammad owned slaves.

Voice of God: Jesus received and heard the direct voice of God (Mark 1:10-11); Muhammad did not receive or hear the direct voice of God. He hear from an angel instead.

Women : Jesus spoke well of women; Muhammad did not respect women (Hadith 3:826; 2:541), and said that the majority in hell will be women (Had. 1:28,301; 2:161; 7:124), and that women could be owned.

This comparison & contrast between the lives of the two men came from the following book (& it's a good quick read)

Jesus and Muhammad: Profound Differences and Surprising Similarities by: Mark A. Gabrial, PhD

Mark was born (Mustafa) a Muslim in Upper Egypt and has a PhD in Islamic history and Culture from Al-Azhar University in Cairo. His native speech is Arabic. As a boy he memorized the Quran and became an Inman or cleric I’m not sure which. As a young adult he was persecuted for no apparent reason. Shortly after that he discovered Christ as his savior which forced him to seek asylum here in the U.S. as his life was in great danger in his home land. Mark holds a Christian education and a master's in world religion from Florida Christian University in Orlando.

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp
Live Strong - I Am Phil 4:13

IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stumpkin:
snip

I'm not much interested in Mohammed.

I am interested in what the present world's most influential Muslims are like.

http://onfaith.washingtonpo..._with_modernity.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-27-2012).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I am 100% all for not letting religous people have a say in politics.

so - yes - that includes the sharia laws made up by that god that made adam & eve.....
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

If you said the threat of "radical Islam" I would generally (if not totally) agree with you.

From what I see and hear, I dont take the time to make a distinction between radical and other. Unless you prove to me first your not up to bad stuff, Im going to assume you are. I treat everyone the same here. You come into my driveway behind the house at 2am, your given the same greeting...ill assume your up to no good since there is no plausible reason for you to be here.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Now THAT made some sense!

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-27-2012).]

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Now THAT made some sense!

Made more sense than the crap coming out of your mouth. So you found one radical mufti who believes in a non-violent version of Islam, and all of a sudden this radical is one of the most "influential" muslims. Bullshit. I am willing to bet dollars to donuts, faithful muslims (aka - the savages) have already called for a fatwa against this radical individual and his non-traditional views of a non-violent version of Islam. Islam does not want peace. It demands submission or death from those who don't follow the way of their pedophile prophet.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
Made more sense than the crap coming out of your mouth. So you found one radical mufti who believes in a non-violent version of Islam, and all of a sudden this radical is one of the most "influential" muslims. Bullshit. I am willing to bet dollars to donuts, faithful muslims (aka - the savages) have already called for a fatwa against this radical individual and his non-traditional views of a non-violent version of Islam. Islam does not want peace. It demands submission or death from those who don't follow the way of their pedophile prophet

I found one "radical" Mufti..? No, that's what you did; not me.

So, back to that video clip that you posted of the "Azz-Bomber" cleric. That was London-based Shiite cleric Abdallah Al-Khilaf. I used Google but I couldn't turn up anything more about this idiot. He's exercising his U.K.-guaranteed freedom of speech to make a total f*cking moron of himself. And somehow you decide that this moron is fairly representative of Islam. That's simply risible, given your persistent confusion about Obama. (Hint: He's not a Muslim, he's a ..? Begins with a "C".)

I am no novice with Google, so if there were more substance on line about this Abdallah Al-Khilaf I am sure that I would have found it. Why isn't there anything on line about this moron, except that video clip? Well--maybe he's just a nobody, as far as Islam goes. A minor leaguer, in terms of influence. That's what I think.

That's not to say that he isn't dangerous: I guess we could say that Osama bin Laden was a minor leaguer--up until the day of 9-11.

But dangerous isn't the same as influential. What will be the historical legacy of Osama bin Laden? Nothing! Many of his once-upon-a-time followers have long since disavowed him. Muslims in Dearborn burned him in effigy.

No, I don't see that your Azz-Bomber cleric stacks up at all in terms of influence, against the Amman Message.

The Amman Message is a statement which was issued by King Abdullah of Jordan, calling for tolerance and unity in the Muslim world.

Subsequently, a ruling was issued by 200 Islamic scholars from over 50 countries, focusing on issues of: defining who a Muslim is; excommunication from Islam, and; principles related to delivering religious edicts (fatwas).

And as all True Islam forbids wanton aggression and terrorism, enjoins freedom of religion, peace, justice and good-will to non-Muslims, it is also a message of good news, friendship and hope to the whole world. I pray that this unique consensus as documented and affirmed in this book will bring us closer to a world where we can be loyal to our religion, live in peace and prosper with all our fellow human beings, and fulfill the purpose for which we all were placed on earth.

Together, these are principles that provide common ground for the followers of religions and [different] groups of people. That is because the origin of divine religions is one, and Muslims believe in all Messengers of God and do not differentiate between any of them. Denying the message of any one of them is a deviation from Islam. This establishes a wide platform for the believers of [different] religions to meet the other upon common ground ...

Islam honors every human being, regardless of his color, race or religion: We have honored the sons of Adam, provided them transport on land and sea, sustained them with good things, and conferred on them special favors above a great part of our creation.

So what's your solution to the "threat" of Islam, given that there are about two billion Muslims across the globe? Nuke 'em? Let me know when it starts, so I can put on my radiation shielding.

Muslim terrorists have killed many times more Muslims than non-Muslims. It's good Muslims vs. bad Muslims. I'd rather find common ground with the good Muslims, than slander them.

How many good Muslims are there?

God would have spared the city of Sodom, for the sake of only ten just men.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-28-2012).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post
Muslim scholars: No conflict between Islamic law and U.S. Constitution

“Islamic teachings require respect of the laws of the land where Muslims live as minorities, including the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, so long as there is no conflict with Muslims’ obligation for obedience to God. We do not see any such conflict with the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. The primacy of obedience to God is a commonly held position of many practicing Jews and Christians as well.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.c...fatwa_n_1020641.html

Resolution On Being Faithful Muslims and Loyal Americans
http://www.icsd.org/2011/10...and-loyal-americans/
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

The comparison of Islam and Christianity is a frequent occurance here. I'd like to see the news stories of where ANY Christian group has engaged in the kind of violence that we see emanating from Islam. Where are they?

Right under you nose apparently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

But of course it's always easier to believe "We" are better than "Them" because they are different.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 07-29-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock