Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Avengador1's Official Anti Obama thread. Trolls not welcomed! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Avengador1's Official Anti Obama thread. Trolls not welcomed! by avengador1
Started on: 08-14-2012 07:59 PM
Replies: 94
Last post by: avengador1 on 09-05-2012 10:07 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I spit out my pop when I read this line. I thought I was going to fall off the chair laughing....

" If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails "

Id like him to name one Islam country in which peace prevails......
IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I spit out my pop when I read this line. I thought I was going to fall off the chair laughing....

" If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails "

You are talking about the fictitious quotation from Obama, which I proved never happened?

But to respond to your question, Indonesia, which is the largest Muslim country in the world by population, is said by many to be more peaceful and tolerant (overall) than some of the Muslim countries in the Middle East (like Saudi Arabia). I know that there is this one particular area or island of Indonesia (can't remember the name) where there is long-standing sectarian conflict, and I know that if you get out into the rural countryside of Indonesia you can find places where there is Muslim vs. Christian trouble, but let's say the main cities, like Jakarta..

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Lets say you answer the question he actually asked-- instead of the one you made up in your mind to answer.

If the answer is none, then by gosh--spit it right out and say none--THEN wax philosophically to your heart's content, but never ever ever skirt a direct question.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-29-2012).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Islam is NOT A COUNTRY, IT IS A FAITH Jeeeeeesh...
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
... name one Islam country in which peace prevails......

I think I made a pretty good case for Indonesia:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/095639-3.html#p81

How about Qatar? Set up a $100 million Hurricane Katrina relief fund for the United States. Contributed air and ground forces to the NATO-led military intervention to free Libya from the internationally reviled tyrant Qaddafi. Homeland of Aljazeera, one of the most respected brands in international journalism.

Azerbaijan, where moderate Muslims rule--arguably the friendliest of all the Muslim countries to Israel..?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-29-2012).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
You made a case for a question you made up in your mind to answer.

It really isn't all that difficult. If the answer is "none" then spit it out and say so--if it isn't, then you're in good shape.
You and I both know the answer, but evidently, only one of us is willing to answer it honestly and straightforward.

Life is relatively simple. The only difficult part to it is keeping it simple.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure what "MJ" is saying (exactly) but maybe this will help clarify my POV:

I wouldn't want to live in any of the Muslim-majority countries around the world, because (to the best of my knowledge) they range from full-blown theocracies (like Saudi Arabia) to somewhat watered-down theocracies (like Indonesia)--that (watered-down theocracy) being better, but still not attractive to me, compared to the secularism of the West.

I wouldn't want to see radical Islam making inroads in the United States that would move the U.S. (in even a small way) towards becoming a theocracy, or a place where Muslims claim advantages or privileges that put them above anyone else in even the smallest way.

I said "radical" Islam, because I don't think that moderate or mainstream Islam tries to make those kinds of inroads in the U.S.

I think that moderate or mainstream Islam (as I have tried to identify it in my many posts on this topic) holds that Muslims should strive to live in the U.S. as a peaceful religious minority, enjoying the same freedom (but no special freedoms) that a secular U.S. government grants to all of its citizens.

The first principle of Sharia law (in the U.S.) is to observe all U.S. laws and traditions.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-30-2012).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Do I need to re-word it?

I'd like him to name one Islam country in which peace prevails......

"Are their any--or even one nation predominantly or significantly Islamic in which peace prevails? If so, how many?"

Life is relatively simple--the only difficult part is keeping it simple.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-30-2012).]

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:
Becoming what you have been accused of? Brother look in the mirror and say that with a straight face!

You don't know how or when to shut up,do you? I've tried to stop this disagreement a few times,but you won't quit.Now who is the troll.I will always defend myself.DON'T call me brother ! I respect my brothers.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Do I need to re-word it?

"Are their any--or even one nation predominantly or significantly Islamic in which peace prevails? If so, how many?"

Life is relatively simple--the only difficult part is keeping it simple.

Is there any nation where peace prevails? There is violence and bloodshed the world over. Do you think peace prevails in the United States? I don't see that. I see rape and murder, assaults and thefts, children being abused, and that is just Florida! The human condition is evil.
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Whoops, disregard.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 08-30-2012).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Obama’s guilty silence
No apology for economic sins
http://www.washingtontimes....amas-guilty-silence/

The most salient characteristic of the Obama administration’s abject failure to put the American economy back to work has been its deafening silence on the issue in his campaign.

President Obama doesn’t talk about the economy’s painful weaknesses. Democrats in Congress are all but silent on the issue, as if it doesn’t exist. His campaign ads ignore it altogether as if everything’s fine, asking voters to turn their attention to lesser issues — ones that don’t make the top 10 list of major concerns in voter surveys.

Across the Potomac River in swing state Virginia, almost all of the Obama attack ads against Republican rival Mitt Romney are about abortion and contraception, hoping they will be able to woo enough women to vote for Mr. Obama based on a single issue to put the state into his electoral column.

We’re in an election year when the president’s handling of the economy is the No. 1 complaint. High unemployment and the lack of good-paying jobs is No. 2, and unfathomable budget deficits and a nearly $16 trillion debt are Nos. 3 and 4. Mr. Obama believes he can win a second term on abortion, Mr. Romney’s tax returns and bashing his successful career as a venture capital investor. Apparently, he thinks the American people are fools who will fall for the old carnival shell game.

In “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” Hans Christian Andersen tells the tale of two tailors who weave a suit of clothes that is supposedly invisible to anyone who is either stupid or incompetent. When the emperor rides by, no one in the crowd dares to say anything, until a child cries out, “He isn’t wearing anything at all.”

Like the naked emperor, Mr. Obama appears oblivious to the dismal state of the economy. Or he thinks not enough of his voters will care that the economy is now in a sharp decline in the fourth year of his presidency if he can keep them distracted by other issues. He is also counting on the base of his party and its leadership not to utter a word about the 23 million Americans who can’t find good-paying, full-time jobs. So far, the Obama administration has done a good job of gagging Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill. They’re counting on the national news media to focus their fire power on the Romney-Ryan ticket, while burying the economic news stories — as the networks have been doing for the past four years. They did it again Wednesday by ignoring the Commerce Department’s report that the economy was barely growing at 1.7 percent and, economists say, will remain below 2 percent for the rest of this year.

It was left to vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan to say the obvious Wednesday night at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., “I have never seen opponents so silent about their record.” Mr. Obama’s cronies are silent because they know the economy during his time in office has not really recovered and is to a large degree much worse than it was in 2009 when he was sworn in. They are silent, too, because they have nothing to say about how to strengthen the economy, create jobs, raise middle-class incomes, expand overseas export markets, boost energy supplies to reduce gas prices and save an unsustainable Medicare program from insolvency.

Their last shot at trying to jump-start the economy was Mr. Obama’s $800 billion-plus spending stimulus plan in 2009 that was an abysmal, wasteful failure. He can point to nothing he has done since then that has worked.

“They’ve run out of ideas,” Mr. Ryan said in his electrifying acceptance speech. “Their moment came and went. Fear and division are all they’ve got left. With all their attack ads, the president is just throwing away money — and he’s pretty experienced at that.”

Mr. Ryan’s speech crowned a lineup of inspiring speeches delivered at the convention Wednesday. Especially welcome was the determination by the party’s younger rising stars to aggressively rebut the fallacious, flimflam hucksterism peddled by Mr. Obama. One excerpt from Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s address should be broadcast in a 30-second ad for the duration of the campaign. “Mr. President, you say the rich must pay their fair share. But when you seek to punish the rich, the jobs that are lost are those of the poor and middle class,” Mr. Paul said. He’s boiled down a complicated economic reality to a sound bite. Mr. Obama knows that the top 25 percent of income earners pay 87.3 percent of all federal income taxes, according to the Internal Revenue Service. But he’s betting most Americans don’t know that or don’t believe it. Meanwhile, the truth is that over the past four years, the middle class has been shrinking and has born the brunt of the severe unemployment levels under Mr. Obama’s failed economic policies.

The Republican National Convention has put an end to the four-year honeymoon the president has had with most of the national news media. A newly energized GOP campaign has begun punching back with some effective firepower.

A major target was Mr. Obama’s unending excuses: He “is the first president to create more excuses than jobs. In his view, it’s [George W. Bush’s] fault. It’s the bank’s fault. It’s Europe’s fault. It’s Congress’s fault,” said former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty. “Mr. President, if you want to find fault, I suggest you look in the mirror.”

Besides the economy, no Obama statement took more of pounding from the convention podium than his “you didn’t built that” claim, which placed the government at the center of everything Americans have accomplished in their lives. Mr. Ryan, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez and others struck down that preposterous claim with a vengeance in a counter-attack that revives a deeply held political belief in the American electorate.

Americans still believe that persistence, hard work and the opportunity to compete in the open marketplace in a free-enterprise society is the surest path to success. They just want the government to get out of their way.

That’s the economic revival Republicans were selling in Tampa this week. Next week, however, Mr. Obama and the Democrats will meet in North Carolina — where the jobless rate is 9.7 percent — peddling more government.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The Blasphemous Deification of Barack Obama
http://godfatherpolitics.co...ion-of-barack-obama/

Ever since Barack Obama first announced his intentions of running for president in 2007, people have flocked to him as if he were some kind of Messiah. Once he was elected and sworn into office, many began to deify him and place him on the same plane as Jesus Christ.

Just prior to the 2008 presidential election, Maggie Mertens, an associate editor for the Smith College (Massachusetts) campus newspaper, wrote a commentary headlined as:

“I Will Follow Him: Obama As My Personal Jesus.”

Her commentary went on to say:

“Obama is my homeboy. And I’m not saying that because he’s black – I’m saying that in reference to those Urban Outfitters T-shirts from a couple years ago that said, ‘Jesus is my homeboy.’ Yes, I just said it. Obama is my Jesus.”

Not long after taking office, images of Obama appeared all over the internet showing his lifted chin and arrogant look on his face a halo over his head.

As Obama approached his first 100 days in office, artist Michael D’Antuono prepared to unveil his painting, The Truth, of Obama in front of the presidential seal, arms outstretched and wearing a crown of thorns. There was no doubt that the image was meant to portray Obama as the Savior. The pre-publicity of the unveiling created a great deal of public outrage which was so overwhelming that the scheduled event was cancelled.

In December of 2009, just after Christmas, an editorial appeared in Politiken, a prominent Danish newspaper, not only compared Obama to Jesus Christ but went one step beyond in raising him above Jesus, saying:

“And no we are not thinking of Jesus Christ, whose birthday has just been celebrated – - but rather the President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama….

Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus – if we have to play that absurd Christmas game.”

With the Democratic National Convention taking place in Charlotte, North Carolina, Obama memorabilia abounds on the streets and in the shops. One of those pieces of memorabilia is an Obama calendar. The calendar features various photos of Obama and an assortment of assumed facts. However, when you turn the calendar to August, the month in which Obama was born, you find a photo of his supposed short form birth certificate, a small photo of Obama in the corner and the following caption:

“Heaven Sent,

For God so lover the world,

That he gave his only begotten

Son, that whosoever believeth

In him should not perish, but

Have everlasting life. – John 3:16”

The small photo of Obama included next to the Scripture verse shows him in a darkened room with a light shining on him as if to signify his deity. The same type of light and shadow is used on the birth certificate to highlight “State of Hawaii” and “Barack Hussein Obama.”

Not long ago in America, no one would ever consider committing such blatant acts of blasphemy. In the early days of America, one would be arrested and jailed for such actions. 2000 years ago, Jesus was hung on a cross to die for claiming to be deity and the Son of God.

But America has declined so far that many of these acts are not only made public, but hailed and promoted by many. They care not for the seriousness or consequences of their actions. They don’t see it as blasphemy to the Creator of heaven and earth, but as a tribute to their earthly Messiah, the one who promised to save them from the despair they were in.

I’ve got one big news flash for them. Jesus Kept All Of His Promises!!!

Beware of false prophets and idols!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock