Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Original KAMEI X1 ground effects kit (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Original KAMEI X1 ground effects kit by FieroGT 914
Started on: 03-26-2008 05:42 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: Fiero5 on 04-28-2008 06:44 AM
FieroGT 914

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post
SOLD...

[This message has been edited by FieroGT 914 (edited 04-26-2008).]

IP: Logged
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
They are very rare: someone who dosen't mind putting the plastic parts on their car (nothing wrong with it as long as you never hit anything) may very well pay that. If you hit something they will break & you can't get a replacement. Repairs on that type of plastic are not very solid (assuming you don't knock out a large hunk of plastic), & usually don't last long. Then when you hit another object in the road you have an even worse senario.
If they bring that much I'd have to have orders for at least 12 to 14 to make it worth my while.
The reason fiberglass repros will cost $750 (I could probably get more) is that fiberglass gelcoat, resin, & mat are all very expensive, & there is a lot of time involved in making them when you are hand-laying them. (Hand-laid parts are much stronger than production chopper gun peices.)
I'm not out yet, but I don't see enough interest to have much optimism.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
This body kit is the only way on earth i would every consider keeping a bumper pad Notchy a bumper pad...

I have always converted over to GT style front and rear bumpers. But this kit looks sooooo hot!
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
The one I have came with the sides and rear, the front was already smashed beyond repair and it only cost $100 which I felt waqs a fair price. They are made out of cheap plastic and break very easily so a stronger fiberglass one would be a very large improvement over the plastic ones. The stock rear one is warped from heat off the tail pipes and from what I see is also cheaply made and warps very easily. Again a stronger fiberglass unit would be better.
I can see where properly made fiberglass ones would be worth a lot more then the stock plastic ones, don't know for sure how much I would pay for a set but I would be willing to pay a lot more for a stronger made set then I would for the stock plastic ones. Dan
FieroGT 914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:
The one I have came with the sides and rear, the front was already smashed beyond repair and it only cost $100 which I felt waqs a fair price. They are made out of cheap plastic and break very easily so a stronger fiberglass one would be a very large improvement over the plastic ones. The stock rear one is warped from heat off the tail pipes and from what I see is also cheaply made and warps very easily. Again a stronger fiberglass unit would be better.
I can see where properly made fiberglass ones would be worth a lot more then the stock plastic ones, don't know for sure how much I would pay for a set but I would be willing to pay a lot more for a stronger made set then I would for the stock plastic ones. Dan

I stated in my previous post that I would "start" at that dollar amount. I understand that some may feel it's a lot of money. That's why it is negotiable. This is a full kit which is literally brand new and originally cost approx $650 after tax back in '91/'92. (See the post by avengador1 with breakdown of prices as a reference https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067899.html) I understand that fiberglass reproductions may be better than these plastic pieces but you need to start with the original pieces to make the molds. This kit looks to be the best way to go in order to make these copies. Therefore, I don't think that it's fair to expect me to dump it for a cheap price so someone else can profit off of reproduction pieces. It is a rare complete kit but I am not trying to make a fortune off of it. I just want a fair deal and I would expect anyone else would want the same if it were theirs.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT 914:

I stated in my previous post that I would "start" at that dollar amount. I understand that some may feel it's a lot of money. That's why it is negotiable. This is a full kit which is literally brand new and originally cost approx $650 after tax back in '91/'92. (See the post by avengador1 with breakdown of prices as a reference https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067899.html) I understand that fiberglass reproductions may be better than these plastic pieces but you need to start with the original pieces to make the molds. This kit looks to be the best way to go in order to make these copies. Therefore, I don't think that it's fair to expect me to dump it for a cheap price so someone else can profit off of reproduction pieces. It is a rare complete kit but I am not trying to make a fortune off of it. I just want a fair deal and I would expect anyone else would want the same if it were theirs.

Well said to I just wanted to let you all know that I did come to offer up little more to what hes asking in the Mall .. I think if someone else would have this kit would of done the same to the price ..
But FieroGT 914 choose to try to help out by somebody making a mold before try selling it private ..And I can,t blame him there cause I told him that I couldn,t mold them , and to why I can,t is that am not set up for it to now .. I realy I can,t buy these then ship them here and there to have it mold .sorry don,t want to sound a mean man lol .
It may come to my lost that way to pay for something of this hard find of a kit and New on top of that ... That is why I stand back and understand to what hes trying to do to help out .. Hes a great man to do so

I stand By him to what he choose and I be happy also to who ever gets it Maybe somebody like Archie can get a go out of this and Make them Mold ..I don,t know .. FieroGT 914 I be happy to whatever it goes as long you got your sale . to what best to you ..Good luck .. .Just my 2 cents ....Rob
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I think you are getting the wrong point here, my point is that the kit is poorly made the way it is and that any one making stronger fiberglass kits would be able to get more for them then the original kit. I know how cheaply made the kit is because I have the sides on my car which crack very easily and the rear piece which is all warped where the tail pipes went through making it not usable.
The selling cost how ever shoudl be for the value of the kit by itself and not how much profit some one may or may not make from making copies from it.
If copies are the sellers biggest concern then why not make some kind of deal with the person wanting to make copies where partial payment comes after a few copies are sold or a lower price for a percentage from each copy sold. This would help keep the initial investment a little lower for some one wanting to make copies of the kit.
I personally would buy a set of stronger side pieces to replace the cheap plastic ones that are on my car now as I have the Aero bumpers and do not need the front and rear pieces and can guarantee there would be a lot of interest in the side pieces as I am constantly asked by people where I got the side pieces that are on my car. Dan
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
FIEROFLYER you got a PM

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT 914:
Plus, I did some research on complete ground effects kits for a lot of current cars. They're around $900-1200 on average.

BTW, I think the ground effects kits you are talking about come with complete one-peice bumpers front & rear. They're not just add-ons to the stock bumpers.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006
I'm out. Unless someone buys them & brings (or sends) them to me along with a lot of cash I'm not going to deal with it.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041804.html
Thank you,
Paul
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Okay, we've been waiting for a year for one of these to come up for sale and here it is so...

If I purchase this is there anyone who would actually be able to make copies off it before it is installed? I am all for it being available, especially made of a higher quality material for the entire Fiero community.
PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

Okay, we've been waiting for a year for one of these to come up for sale and here it is so...

If I purchase this is there anyone who would actually be able to make copies off it before it is installed? I am all for it being available, especially made of a higher quality material for the entire Fiero community.

Yea, let's say she bought them and then sent them to someone who does fiberglass (Archie, norm, ect.) and then she could have the first set out of the molds. Sounds like a win win.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
*IF* your trying to unload these parts, your best option is ebay at no reserve, while i personally dont want them, there may be someone out there that would pay thousands for them, OR there could only be limited interest in them, either way you'll get fair market value for them, as you can already see there is more than one person interested in them, so you wont have to worry about not getting a fair market price for them, id start the bidding around $300+ shipping then see how well it works up, OR you could start the bidding at like 99 cents so you dont have to pay a larger ebay fee.... i start all mine at 99 cents - 10 bucks and just let them ride, the fair market price will be shown at the end of the auction, ive got way more than something is worth to me sometimes (GT Taillight for $220 bucks) and sometimes you feel alittle cheated (two 12" subwoofers for 99 bucks that cost me $225 each) so you never know whats going to happen.

my 2 cents.

matthew
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like there is not much of a market for this kit. It's been over a week and no one is putting up any money. I like the looks of it, but i'm not in the market to purchase one.
Good Luck with the sale, I say e-bay it also.
Gary
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Yea, let's say she bought them and then sent them to someone who does fiberglass (Archie, norm, ect.) and then she could have the first set out of the molds. Sounds like a win win.

I would be more than happy to do this, except I don't have the money to make the molds. I have the resin (a 55 gal drum of it - not sure how much is left but it's still very heavy) & the Gelcoat (a new 5 gal bucket), but I need to buy another roll of mat. Plus I can't give my time for free. That's why I offered to do it if there were enough people willing to put up $100 so I could buy them & spend the time making molds. If I could get a few firm orders it would make it worth my while. But, as you can see, not enough interest.
I know there will come a time when a bunch of folks will say "I wish I had known we could do this I would have joined in.".
I just wish I had the money to do it on my own.
Paul

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 04-03-2008).]

FieroGT 914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:
Sounds like there is not much of a market for this kit. It's been over a week and no one is putting up any money. I like the looks of it, but i'm not in the market to purchase one.
Good Luck with the sale, I say e-bay it also.
Gary

Hi Gary - there actually does seem to be a fair amount of interest at this point. Not everyone posted on the thread but I have 11 different members who have asked about it and almost all of them have submitted offers. How legit any of them are remains to be seen. I don't need to unload it anytime immediate so that's why I'm not pressing anything on here. I'm sure there are a bunch of members like me who check on things from time to time but may not be on here for months in between.

I figured if the right deal came up and someone was coming to the Carlisle show this year, I could save them the shipping fee and bring it to the show. As a few have said, there's always the ebay route too.

P.S. To anyone that sends a pm to me over the next week, due to a busy schedule, I may not be on here. So don't worry if you send something and don't hear back from me right away. I'll do my best to keep up with emails.

Thanks!
FieroGT 914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post
Finally back in town... The sale is pending and the kit will most likely be gone as of next Friday. Thanks to everyone who inquired!
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Happy to see you got a sale for it ..Have a great one .take care ..Rob
FieroGT 914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post
SOLD!!!

...we may be seeing this reproduced in 6 months or so
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Woo!
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
We put a set of the side skirts on Jordans Fast & Furious Fiero to give it a more exotic-unusual look
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock