NEW KEVLAR Clutch Discs and HIGH PERFORMANCE Pressure Plates by mera7
Started on: 01-13-2011 04:58 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: mera7 on 02-02-2011 01:08 PM
mera7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
NEW SACHS OR VALEO KEVLAR CLUTCH DISCS. Kevlar is smooth as silk engagement and tough as nails for hp and tq. Stock pedal feel. We also have the NEW SACHS OR VALEO HIGH PERFORMANCE PRESSURE PLATES as well. Available as a combo or seperately. Best results is as a combo. The kevlar clutch disc alone will gain at minimum 25% over stock holding power of a v6 fiero gt. the hp pressure plate and kevlar disc together will gain around 200% over a stock v6 fiero gt. My kevlar is made in the usa, my fasteners are made in the usa as well. turn around time depends on my kevlar suppliers demand at the time you order. most times i can have the clutch and pressure plate to you in 14-30 business days. KEVLAR CLUTCH IS $295.00, HIGH PERFORMANCE pressure plate is $295.00. We support the fiero 4speed muncie, isuzu 5 speed, getrag 282 5 speed, getrag 287 f23 5 speed, and f40 6 speed. let us know which transaxle and flywheel package you have when ordering.

edit; we have stock pressure plates/stage 1 $135.00, heavy duty pressure plates/stage 2 $195.00, high performance pressure plates/stage 3 $295.00, and extreme pressure plates/stages 4 and 5 $395.00 and $495.00. stage 5 clutch dump/rpm mod pressure plate $595.00, all out drag car, drift car, pressure plate. we have stock clutch discs $70.00, and kevlar clutch discs $295.00. pm me for combo prices.

[This message has been edited by mera7 (edited 02-02-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Have you used one in a Fiero yet?

Bryce
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

Have you used one in a Fiero yet?

Bryce

yes we have, thanks. mike

[This message has been edited by mera7 (edited 01-13-2011).]

stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post
nice quality clutch man, but i hate to break it to you, but clutchnet and spec KILL your prices.

[This message has been edited by stickpony (edited 01-13-2011).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello stickpony,

thank you for your compliment on the quality.

as for price... well im not the cheapest in town but i offer the best quality you can buy, period. i have heard issues with both... some clutchnet pressure plates and alot of spec pressure plates. i think you get what you pay for. i dont sell chinese parts, i sell only sachs which also owns valeo. and the kevlar i use and the steel fasteners i use are all AMERICAN made. thank you for letting me address this concern. happy motoring, mike in oklahoma
stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

hello stickpony,

thank you for your compliment on the quality.

as for price... well im not the cheapest in town but i offer the best quality you can buy, period. i have heard issues with both... some clutchnet pressure plates and alot of spec pressure plates. i think you get what you pay for. i dont sell chinese parts, i sell only sachs which also owns valeo. and the kevlar i use and the steel fasteners i use are all AMERICAN made. thank you for letting me address this concern. happy motoring, mike in oklahoma

you know what, i can dig that...AMERICAN MADE! One thing i would request that you look into 2 things:

1) because of the small size of the fiero clutch discs ( 9 1/8" ), higher TQ applications have sometimes had issues with the standard clutch hub spring configuration. clutchnet is the only company i know that makes a different cover plate for their clutches, one that allows full 4-side coverage of the hub springs, so that they cannot possibly pop out under high off-idle TQ situations. as seen in capt fiero's thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/090893.html

2) increase the clutch size to 9.75", such as the fiero store offers. it gives almosy 20% more surface area over the stock 9 1/8" clutch discs..

[This message has been edited by stickpony (edited 01-13-2011).]

murrrey

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for murrreySend a Private Message to murrreyDirect Link to This Post
are clutchnet pressure plates chinese?
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by stickpony:

you know what, i can dig that...AMERICAN MADE! One thing i would request that you look into 2 things:

1) because of the small size of the fiero clutch discs ( 9 1/8" ), higher TQ applications have sometimes had issues with the standard clutch hub spring configuration. clutchnet is the only company i know that makes a different cover plate for their clutches, one that allows full 4-side coverage of the hub springs, so that they cannot possibly pop out under high off-idle TQ situations. as seen in capt fiero's thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/090893.html

2) increase the clutch size to 9.75", such as the fiero store offers. it gives almosy 20% more surface area over the stock 9 1/8" clutch discs..

very good info... ill look into it.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by murrrey:

are clutchnet pressure plates chinese?

unless the manufacturer tells you its made in house it is 90% likely chinese, and even when made inhouse components can still be chinese. not knockin other competitors as there are some good ones out there, but there are some bad ones too.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
bump
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
I am installing a 3800sc into my 87 GT with the getrag, what would you recommend?
PFF
System Bot
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2011 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt27:

I am installing a 3800sc into my 87 GT with the getrag, what would you recommend?

i would use my hd pressure plate and kevlar disc. NEW; hd pressure plate, kevlar disc $395.00 plus shipping. about 2 wk turnout at the moment.

[This message has been edited by mera7 (edited 01-21-2011).]

hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post
pm sent

tyler
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hammer pm replied to. i can build a clutch pressure plate combo to fit any needs. it depends on the specific primary application the car will be used for. mild to wild.
hammer18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post
well the game plan for this build has been go big or go home. i just dont want my setup to slip what so ever and im almost positive the spec stuff i ordered will slip till there is no tomorrow.

Tyler
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2011 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
i currently have one of my stage 5 modified setups in a porsche 997 gt2 drift car. car dynoed at 780hp at the rear wheels. my stage 5 pressure plate with the clutch dump/rpm strap mod and copper/kevlar puck disc have held up for 2 seasons.
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2011 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxDirect Link to This Post

Considering how often some people are having to change out their spec clutches, his prices don't seem that bad.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
bump
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
Physical and Mechanical Properties

•Composition: 100% long KEVLAR® fibers and proprietary polymer binders. Includes no metal, no abrasives, no cotton, and no fillers.
•Density: 0.91 g/cu. cm (0.033 lb./cu.in.)
•Thermal conductivity: Extremely low
•Shock resistance: Excellent (does not crack, or break)
•Lubricant contaminant resistance: Does not degrade
•Abrasiveness: Non-abrasive to opposing iron, steel, and copper surfaces

Operating Conditions

•Static pressure: Up to 6900 kPa (1,000 p.s.i.), (or as limited by substrate)
•Dynamic pressure: 140 - 3100 kPa (20-450 p.s.i.)
•Temperature: Ambient to 315° C (600° F)
•Surface speed: Static to 40 m/s (8,000 ft./min.)
•Opposing surface: Machined and unfractured surface required, no fine finishing necessary
•Surface speed, temperature, and pressure are interdependent energy parameters. Values represent typical conditions and are not the ultimate limits of the material.

Burnish time to achieve full mating surface contact can be three to five times that of conventional materials.
Approximate Dry Friction Properties (after extended burnish)

•Wear rate: 1/5 to 1/10 that of asbestos materials, 1/2 to 1/3 that of sintered bronze materials
•Dynamic coefficient of friction: 0.36 µ ± 0.1 in the 95 - 345° C range (200° F - 650° F). Approximately 25% higher than molded asbestos, glass -fibered, and graphitic materials
•Static to dynamic ratio: 1.05
•Fade: Significant fade to 260° C (500° F), accelerating at 370° C (700° F)
•*All values shown are approximations derived from a variety of tests and field applications.
•No warranty or implied liability assumed herein. Friction values shown are for guide purposes only, as actual values can deviate with individual design and operating conditions.
stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

Physical and Mechanical Properties

•Composition: 100% long KEVLAR® fibers and proprietary polymer binders. Includes no metal, no abrasives, no cotton, and no fillers.
•Density: 0.91 g/cu. cm (0.033 lb./cu.in.)
•Thermal conductivity: Extremely low
•Shock resistance: Excellent (does not crack, or break)
•Lubricant contaminant resistance: Does not degrade
•Abrasiveness: Non-abrasive to opposing iron, steel, and copper surfaces

Operating Conditions

•Static pressure: Up to 6900 kPa (1,000 p.s.i.), (or as limited by substrate)
•Dynamic pressure: 140 - 3100 kPa (20-450 p.s.i.)
•Temperature: Ambient to 315° C (600° F)
•Surface speed: Static to 40 m/s (8,000 ft./min.)
•Opposing surface: Machined and unfractured surface required, no fine finishing necessary
•Surface speed, temperature, and pressure are interdependent energy parameters. Values represent typical conditions and are not the ultimate limits of the material.

Burnish time to achieve full mating surface contact can be three to five times that of conventional materials.
Approximate Dry Friction Properties (after extended burnish)

•Wear rate: 1/5 to 1/10 that of asbestos materials, 1/2 to 1/3 that of sintered bronze materials
•Dynamic coefficient of friction: 0.36 µ ± 0.1 in the 95 - 345° C range (200° F - 650° F). Approximately 25% higher than molded asbestos, glass -fibered, and graphitic materials
•Static to dynamic ratio: 1.05
•Fade: Significant fade to 260° C (500° F), accelerating at 370° C (700° F)
•*All values shown are approximations derived from a variety of tests and field applications.
•No warranty or implied liability assumed herein. Friction values shown are for guide purposes only, as actual values can deviate with individual design and operating conditions.

whats the break-in time of the kevlar clutch?
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
approxiamately 500 miles is required
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock