Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  AusFiero's Stage 2 Side Scoops! Please bring it back!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
AusFiero's Stage 2 Side Scoops! Please bring it back! by Fiero Vice
Started on: 02-19-2016 12:10 AM
Replies: 30 (2774 views)
Last post by: yamaha94 on 09-26-2020 07:50 PM
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2016 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was getting ready to place an order for AusFiero’s Stage 2 Side Scoops only to find out he’s no longer producing it, like the one as shown below on Yellowstone’s. For that, I’m greatly disappointed! AusFiero said he's looking for someone to take over the moldings in the states, but wouldn’t tell me how much he wanted for the moldings. Maybe we could form a list of buyers who still want to buy Stage 2 Side Scoops and try to convince AusFiero to make another run for the love of Fieros everywhere!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 02-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are beautiful side scoops for the Fiero. They match the Fiero's lines perfectly and look like were factory installed.

If you like those, you'll probably like the ones from Fiero Fiberglass - they are still available and are gorgeous as well, and Doug is a great guy to deal with.

http://fierofiberglass.com/...ages/SideScoops.html

I just ordered the trunk lip spoiler for my GT - will be here Monday. Super easy to deal with and my spoiler was shipped the day after I ordered it.

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 12-03-2020).]

LostNotForgotton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Fiberglass puts out some nice products. I'm actually installing a set of IMSA scoops on my 87GT now. I do have to say though that I would like to get my hands on a set of custom rocker panels with scoops. Fiero Fiberglass should buy those molds and produce them locally in the US. I'd certainly buy the rocker scoops to compliment my IMSA style scoops. It's a nice Ferrari 355 inspired idea for complimenting the Fiero's body lines while giving it a slightly more exotic look.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those were good looking.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine, with a little custom work..... I don't know anybody producing rocker panels anymore.
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Orig88GT-NC:

Mine, with a little custom work..... I don't know anybody producing rocker panels anymore.
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Orig88GT-NC,

Are those Fiero Fiberglass or AusFiero scoops?
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2016 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

These are beautiful side scoops for the Fiero. They match the Fiero's lines perfectly and look like were factory installed.

If you like those, you'll probably like the ones from Fiero Fiberglass - they are still available and are gorgeous as well, and Doug is a great guy to deal with.

I've seen Fiero Fiberglass's products. They're nice, but their side scoops is a different style. AusFiero's side scoop has a deeper line that goes inward at top end & bottom line fades into rockers. FF's fades into upper molding along with vent in a different position. You can see those are two different styles. Yeah, I'm gearing my Fiero toward to F355 style in small ways.

Surely, I can picture much nicer scoop, but so far, AusFiero has the best scoop in the Fiero market. Why are Fiero businesses going out of business slowly? We gotta keep the Fiero market alive with more, not less, exciting products!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 02-22-2016).]

Player1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Player1Send a Private Message to Player1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noo, I was also planning on ordering the ausfiero scoops this summer...
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

I've seen Fiero Fiberglass's products. They're nice, but their side scoops is a different style. AusFiero's side scoop has a deeper line that goes inward at top end & bottom line fades into rockers. FF's fades into upper molding along with vent in a different position. You can see those are two different styles. Yeah, I'm gearing my Fiero toward to F355 style in small ways.

Surely, I can picture much nicer scoop, but so far, AusFiero has the best scoop in the Fiero market. Why are Fiero businesses going out of business slowly? We gotta keep the Fiero market alive with more, not less, exciting products!

Aus has been mostly out of the game for years... this is not a new development. Fiero businesses are dying out because people talk about wanting all sorts of great things and when it comes time to send the money, not enough people buy. There will be no supply where there is no serious demand. All the window shopper comments in the world do not support the creation of exciting products. You may be a serious buyer, but on the whole, the Fiero community no longer has the means to support a large number of custom parts vendors. So we have a phenomenal few that are far more interested in the hobby than the business and luckily they've made enough to keep doing what they are doing.

Just an unfortunate fact. If you were into the car about a 10 or 15 years ago, you would have been golden.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 04-08-2016).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ocassionally, someone will sell some on ebay or in my case Craigslist.
I got a heck of a deal for the ones I bought.
I got the whole kit except I only used the side scoops.
I like how the ground effects on the doors taper but the little piece that goes on the bottom of the fender, in my opinion, is tucked under too far.
So it looks like they aren`t finished.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2016 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

I just came across AusFiero's thread dated April 1, 2015 by accident. He's willing to sell his products to anyone with condition that they give two sets to two of his friends in the USA. Check it out!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095309.html

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 04-08-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Robb Craige

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robb CraigeSend a Private Message to Robb CraigeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

I was getting ready to place an order for AusFiero’s Stage 2 Side Scoops only to find out he’s no longer producing it, like the one as shown below on Yellowstone’s. For that, I’m greatly disappointed! AusFiero said he's looking for someone to take over the moldings in the states, but wouldn’t tell me how much he wanted for the moldings. Maybe we could form a list of buyers who still want to buy Stage 2 Side Scoops and try to convince AusFiero to make another run for the love of Fieros everywhere!

Are these still available as I would take two sets
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2020 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these Fiero Fiberglass scoops? They're 'glass but the box is postal coded from Florida..

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2020 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robb Craige:

Are these still available as I would take two sets

No longer available!

Mark from Canada is working on making a copy of this style & should be available in the near future.

Here's the link:
Remake of Aus Stage II Scoops

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 09-22-2020).]

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Vice

732 posts
Member since Jun 2015

Originally posted by sourmash:

Are these Fiero Fiberglass scoops? They're 'glass but the box is postal coded from Florida..

Yes, those are Fiero Fiberglass scoops by James Schulz.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 09-30-2020).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would make them myself second time around but the original ozfiero ones are the best. I am partial to Archies considering another mod.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone here in Toronto area said he would reproduce them a few months ago, and even had a professional cheerleading busybody involved, but not sure if it went anywhere.

Hopefully it is real. Would love to see a set made of urethane

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/078438.html

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm this far along with my own version....these are "plugs":

Just haven't had time to make the molds yet.

They will be called "Turbos"............and no...........they will not be urethane.....they will be fiberglass.

Jim (Ausfiero) had plans to send the molds for the originals to me at one time. Not sure what happened, but bottom line is....I never got them.

As I told him and said before, really don't need the original molds (which to my understanding were pretty well "shot" anyway) or even a set of the original panels, to make them....just would've made it easier/quicker.

There are a few differences, but they are ones I chose to make.

No timeline.....when they're done....they're done....and not a minute before!

HAGO!

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look great !!
I like how the lower curve is like Ausfieros were but I think the top looks good to.
It parallels the belt moulding but is lower than the other scoops that Fiero Fiberglass made.
Ted, will these match up to the stock rockers ?
I`m hoping that you are producing them about the time I`m ready to order.

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2020 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

I'm this far along with my own version....these are "plugs":

Just haven't had time to make the molds yet.

They will be called "Turbos"............and no...........they will not be urethane.....they will be fiberglass.

Jim (Ausfiero) had plans to send the molds for the originals to me at one time. Not sure what happened, but bottom line is....I never got them.

As I told him and said before, really don't need the original molds (which to my understanding were pretty well "shot" anyway) or even a set of the original panels, to make them....just would've made it easier/quicker.

There are a few differences, but they are ones I chose to make.

No timeline.....when they're done....they're done....and not a minute before!

HAGO!

Sage,

Wow! Yours looks really nice! I might be interested in a set.

IMO, much better than Fiero Fiberglass' "Porsche Ear" version.

I think yours should be called Sage II Scoops. Much better fitting name. Ha

Possible if you could put your scoop on a Fiero so we can see how it looks like?

Thanks for giving us a hope with another option in the near future.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 09-23-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2020 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"May be?" Pfft. I straight up dig 'em. I like them better than the ones I already have, but there are also several cars here so multiple sets could be used.
PFF
System Bot
yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Someone here in Toronto area said he would reproduce them a few months ago, and even had a professional cheerleading busybody involved, but not sure if it went anywhere.

Hopefully it is real. Would love to see a set made of urethane

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/078438.html

-1 Feedback given. Tired of these passive aggressive bullying posts.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yamaha94:

-1 Feedback given. Tired of these passive aggressive bullying posts.

Blah blah.. Unlike you, there is far more to my life than my shitty little Fiero... Don't really care about "feedback ratings" or stupid little ribbons, trophies. I am not 13 years old

Instead of being a crybaby, maybe you can do something useful and update the forum about the reproduction AUSFIERO scoops you were so excitedly raving on about months ago? You seemed to be so gleefully "in the scoop" about the scoops, so what happened? They would be a great seller if built correctly. I could have digitized and machined the molds in one or two weekends, and even offered to do it for free, but never heard back from Mark.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 09-25-2020).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my shitty little Fiero...

That's largely a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Think it's **** -> treat it like **** -> it actually becomes shitty -> repeat the cycle.
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blah blah.. Unlike you, there is far more to my life than my shitty little Fiero... Don't really care about "feedback ratings" or stupid little ribbons, trophies. I am not 13 years old

Instead of being a crybaby, maybe you can do something useful and update the forum about the reproduction AUSFIERO scoops you were so excitedly raving on about months ago? You seemed to be so gleefully "in the scoop" about the scoops, so what happened? They would be a great seller if built correctly. I could have digitized and machined the molds in one or two weekends, and even offered to do it for free, but never heard back from Mark.

Please let me know when you actually accomplish developing an actual Fiero product or start a group of Fiero owners with over 200 members province wide . I did . I am just going to end the conversation here.... not worth waking up to the constant disrespect from someone like you to myself that has done so much for the Ontario Fiero community. My grandfather always taught me that "respect is a two way street, if you give someone respect and they choose not to respect you back, its not worth your time". Unfortunately my door is closed talking, helping or assisting you. Maybe one day you can change.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yamaha94:

Please let me know when you actually accomplish developing an actual Fiero product or start a group of Fiero owners with over 200 members province wide . I did . I am just going to end the conversation here.... not worth waking up to the constant disrespect from someone like you to myself that has done so much for the Ontario Fiero community. My grandfather always taught me that "respect is a two way street, if you give someone respect and they choose not to respect you back, its not worth your time". Unfortunately my door is closed talking, helping or assisting you. Maybe one day you can change.

I don't "need" your help. Never did. Anyone can start a chat group on Whatsapp about any topic. It is free. It takes 30 seconds. What Fiero product did you "develop" ?? The cradle brace that is a knock off of something another person developed? That anyone with a CNC plasma or laser can cut in 30 seconds ? It's not rocket science.. believe me. I sell CNC lasers and these parts are about as simple as it gets. You are a thin skinned busybody who thinks he should stick his nose into everything related to these cars.... Who the hell elected you to be the friggin Fiero Emperor?? These are just some cool, oddball economy cars from the 1980's . A Fiero chat group is not curing cancer or Covid. Get over yourself. If this is your life's big accomplishment, then perhaps it's time to focus more on friends or family than some obsolete, obscure economy car from 30 years ago.... and the 4-5 people out of "200" that you can actually convince to come for a drive with you. If this is your "community", then maybe it is time to focus on something more important than Fieros. This may cause you deep emotional pain, but just because someone owns a Fiero in Ontario , they don't need your approval or involvement to buy, sell, repair, modify or drive their cars. Get over yourself.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 09-26-2020).]

thecage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So why are you even on this forum if you have a shitty little Fiero. A lot of rage and negativity on your part. Anyone who helps the Fiero community in anyway large or small is doing a great service.

I don't "need" your help. Never did. Anyone can start a chat group on Whatsapp about any topic. It is free. It takes 30 seconds. What Fiero product did you "develop" ?? The cradle brace that is a knock off of something another person developed? That anyone with a CNC plasma or laser can cut in 30 seconds ? It's not rocket science.. believe me. I sell CNC lasers and these parts are about as simple as it gets. You are a thin skinned busybody who thinks he should stick his nose into everything related to these cars.... Who the hell elected you to be the friggin Fiero Emperor?? These are just some cool, oddball economy cars from the 1980's . A Fiero chat group is not curing cancer or Covid. Get over yourself. If this is your life's big accomplishment, then perhaps it's time to focus more on friends or family than some obsolete, obscure economy car from 30 years ago.... and the 4-5 people out of "200" that you can actually convince to come for a drive with you. If this is your "community", then maybe it is time to focus on something more important than Fieros. This may cause you deep emotional pain, but just because someone owns a Fiero in Ontario , they don't need your approval or involvement to buy, sell, repair, modify or drive their cars. Get over yourself.

------------------

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thecage:

So why are you even on this forum if you have a shitty little Fiero. A lot of rage and negativity on your part. Anyone who helps the Fiero community in anyway large or small is doing a great service.

I love Fieros. I have had more than 30 of them since my first one in 1991. With that said, I don't appreciate some self absorbed, Fiero obsessed person proclaiming himself judge and jury of anything related to these cars locally. Trying to tell people what they should or should not do or say, or do business with, meets the can or cannot attend. It has aggravated me, (and others) lately and I guess I just got tired of it and vented here in public... My apologies to the original poster- it was not appropriate of me to aim my "dig" in this thread. Should have been kept private or PM- it was unnecessary. I am sorry for my post, but not the content.

Back on topic I do hope someone does reproduce the Aus Fiero scoops in urethane one day. If someone else steps up with a set and wants them digitized and molds machined, I will have machine time avaiilable December or January. I don't want any money for this except to cover the material cost, and do not want to be involved in selling or distributing the end product. Too busy with life.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 09-26-2020).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back on topic

Indeed. Back on topic. Perhaps y'all missed what has been going in TO/T, but my tolerance for personal attacks, vendettas, and BS/negativity in general has reached an all time low. Take it to PM.

PS: that is not directed at you per se, but in general.
Karrnutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KarrnuttSend a Private Message to KarrnuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, There is a lot of "stress" out there, but this is not the time, and place to vent it. Buy a punching bag and get it out of your system. Play nice children. Yamaha94 has helped me in the past to locate my lost car, so I know his heart is in the right place. As the singing bass on my wall says "Don't worry be happy."
yamaha94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Karrnutt:

Agreed, There is a lot of "stress" out there, but this is not the time, and place to vent it. Buy a punching bag and get it out of your system. Play nice children. Yamaha94 has helped me in the past to locate my lost car, so I know his heart is in the right place. As the singing bass on my wall says "Don't worry be happy."

Hey Karrnutt! Im happy I could help you. Thank you for your kind words. Send me some pictures when you start driving it!
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock