Fiero on Young Sheldon by Larryinkc
Started on: 11-16-2018 11:42 AM
Replies: 11 (2151 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 12-09-2018 09:07 PM
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking red T-top Fiero fastback on Young Sheldon last night, "Family Dynamics and a Red Fiero" Season 2 Episode 9

[This message has been edited by Larryinkc (edited 11-16-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw that....It was cool...But they sort of made it catch fire......(Arrrgggggghhhhh! Perpetuating the myth)........Later, they showed it sitting in front of the house, so technically, they cut the myth short.....But come on!

We need to have a channel on all the cable stations that shows a Fiero (And a Pinto) ALL the time.....and they NEVER catch fire! I get more crap over that one myth......"Run away! It's going to catch fire and explode!!!!!!!!"
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loved seeing this last night. My only thing negative is that this show takes place around 1989-1990, and I don't remember black wheels being popular then.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

Loved seeing this last night. My only thing negative is that this show takes place around 1989-1990, and I don't remember black wheels being popular then.

That was my first thought too.

Throw on a set of those neon pink or green double wiper blades, THEN I'd peg it at 1989 exactly!

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would also need a bra........(Always asked people with bras on their car......."Does your front end sag THAT much?!")
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

I’m more curious who’s GT that is or was.

Belongs to a guy named Jess. He posted about it on the Fiero Facebook page. You have to be a member of the group to see the post I think.

The Link to the POST IS HERE.

For those that are not a member of the group, here is a screen capture:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-16-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5212 posts
Member since May 2009
Here is a REALLY nice capture of the car with "George" (Sheldon's father) driving away from the house.
(Looks like some nice Mr. Mikes seats, Lowering Springs, Custom exhaust tips, Aftermarket Alarm system with 2 way pager, custom radio antenna, a chin spoiler, custom side scoops, custom wheels, After-market quarter windows, custom rocker panels, Custom Fiero Fiberglass tapered lower door trim, blacked out PONTIAC on the tail lights, and LED side markers, license plate lights & headlights)

Here is a (pretty bad) CGI effect of the car sparking and shorting out making the car come to a stop:

I have a feeling this is going to become like the yellow GT commercial with the monks in it. It is going to get posed over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over to this forum and every Facebook page

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-18-2018).]

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Here is a (pretty bad) CGI effect of the car sparking and shorting out making the car come to a stop:

Why is the Pontiac not lit up there? I wonder if they took the bulbs out?

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2018 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also find additional pictures of his car (and non blacked out rims) on the Fiero T-top page https://www.facebook.com/gr...tif_t=group_activity
kooljess

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2018 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

You can also find additional pictures of his car (and non blacked out rims) on the Fiero T-top page https://www.facebook.com/gr...tif_t=group_activity

I decided to not have the PONTIAC lit up since I acquired the car 17 years ago.....though it's back on now.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2018 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with Jess on Facebook about the shoot, and he went into detail on a few things abo9ut the whole process. I asked him if he minded if I shared it here, and he said it was ok. So here is a transcript of some of the tings he told me about having his car on the show.

Hi John...I'd rather let you know what transpired regarding on how my Fiero was featured on Young Sheldon on here. I have not been on Pennocks for quite sometime now. All my posting have been through FB.
My Fiero was found through West Coast Fiero. Warner Brothers asked Chris West if he knew a Red Fiero GT with T-Top and Chris in turn contacted me, to let me know that Warner Brothers was looking for a Fiero that fits my description. I Called Warner brothers and they wanted to see my Fiero. I sent them pictures of my Fiero, that's how they saw my car.

I Drove my Fiero to Warner Brother Studios (they wanted to make sure Lance Barber (Plays Young Sheldon's father on the show) will fit in my Fiero. Everyone in the up in up were excited to see my car and they all said that the fit is good. The young Lady producer was in awe of my Fiero (it made me proud) LOL. She said they like it and I think we can use this Fiero. Now all they needed was the full OK from the big guy CHUCK LORRE. I was told that they will let me know.

After 3 days Phil texted me and asked when can they pick up my Fiero...he said that they will only need it for 3 days. Two days to prepare the car and one day Friday shoot. Well, during the shoot, it was thundering and lightning that day in Burbank, CA and the shoot was cancelled. So I was called and asked if they can have the car for another 3 days....so more funds were added for my Fiero (yes, I was compensated pretty well).
They asked if they could paint my rims black and take the Carbon Fiber wrap off of my rear spoiler. I told then yes they can, since I was going to peel it off anyway and re-wrap it.
My front facia was full of cracks due to my mishap during our Coast Run (long story) and I had left it that way for 7 years!!! Warner Brothers decided to paint it to cover the cracks and did a semi nice job. Let's put it this way...it was so much better than it was. So I will live with it for a while. They also fixed my broken driver side door handle. You can see the red tape in the picture. I taped it so that I will not loose my handle. They also had to put red tape to cover up the Pinenfarina sticker...LOL.

Warner Brothers insured my Fiero for $5 million...can you believe it? I have the paper work to prove it!

This is not my first rodeo of my Fiero in the media. My Fiero was also rented for the movie called Lies and Alibis. See pictures of the shoot.
Anyhoo....my Fiero is back and rims are back to chrome. I will be powder coating it white this time instead of plastidip. That my friend is my story and I'm sticking to it.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-09-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock