Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I would like to see a How To thread on Fiero body panel mixing & matching

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I would like to see a How To thread on Fiero body panel mixing & matching by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 01-30-2022 03:47 AM
Replies: 1 (339 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 01-30-2022 07:12 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went through the How To section but didn’t see any thread related to changing body panels from one Fiero style to another. I’m getting close to starting my 85 GT “nose job” project and I know there’s going to be fitment issues/ details to work out once I start swapping stuff over. It would give me much more confidence to have a tutorial from someone who has already been there and done that.

One huge example is CVXJet’s car. Talk about a mix & match Fiero! 😀
Also, I thought Patrick had done the nose job swap.
My point is that someone has to have some of these projects documented.
I would like to see them please.
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 01-30-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my car, I swapped in (From stock 1985 SE) a 1986-88 rear quarter and decklid- there was really nothing difficult or "Special" that had to be done.

I did not include the ground effects, nor the GT rear facia (I like the bumper-pad rear)

I did not like either the bumper-pad (Stock) front facia nor the GT facia- went with the 87-88 base car nose. On that I had to also swap in the bumper egg-crate (behind the facia)

When I pulled the GT quarter panel off the car in the JY, one window was already crazed and the other broke due to ME not being careful with that stud under there...SO I created the custom "B" pillar covers out of aluminum.

Also, the Later nose has a rounded rub-strip while the rear facia has the ribbed; Have actually not done anything yet but plan on replacing all of the side (Ribbed) with the later rounded.....And I know someone who is 3D printing pieces that can be glued into the rear so it comes out (Matching) rounded.

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 01-30-2022).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock