Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Never realized they changed the Fiero...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Never realized they changed the Fiero... by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 10-31-2022 11:16 PM
Replies: 20 (818 views)
Last post by: A_Lonely_Potato on 12-07-2022 01:24 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2022 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember the car being low, but not that it was almost impossible to get in and out of. (what model year did they change that, exactly?!?)

oh wait...it's not the car...it's ME...

The first Fiero I owned, the guy was selling it because he "had trouble getting in and out of it". Literally shed tears as he (actually his son, he left because he was torn up) handed me the keys.

22 year later, I'M THAT GUY.

I bought the latest one for my son, but WOW. 20 years changes a lot. DAMN.

well, at least it was really nice driving the car.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2022 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My dad was still able to get in and out of my Fiero at age 95... so I never plan to complain about getting in and out of this car... unless I'm still driving it at age 96. (Wait, that's only 30 years from now!)
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone who looks like they have a sense of humor sees me getting out of Fiero, I tend to state "I don't remember this car being so low when I bought it 37 years ago!" (The years changes every....year)

I am now thinking about asking a Low Rider to help me install hydraulics on it.....
OldsFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It can't be us. The cars are getting old- the springs sag.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It hasn't changed a bit....still a "FICO" car.....Fall In....Crawl Out!

HAGO!

Damn! Just smashed my monitor trying to get that spider! )
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, 65 isn't like 28 when I got my first Fiero or even 36 when the 2nd came along; selling the 3rd at 62, things weren't as easy. That said, my Triumph GT6 was worse even at 20; used to pivot on my left hand getting out, something I was doing at 62 in the Fiero.
FICO, that's funny!
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A slightly older female friend has hinted she wants a ride in the Fiero. Knowing her knee issues, I'm not sure she'd be able to get back out of the car!
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my 86 back up and running this past weekend after about 15 years of sitting. I told the wife its not like what I remembered.

I've been used to my work truck so getting into/out of it is a bigger chore. I put about 10-15 miles on it and driving is not what I remembered either. The pedals have gotten smaller and seem to be packed closer together. I think someone has been playing around with my car when I wasn't looking.

Gary
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we should start a Class-action lawsuit- Nobody warned us about this "Getting older" crap when we were born- I would never have signed the contract if I'd known!

I talked to a friend about this idea- and she asked, "Who are you going to sue?" And I told her, "These lawsuits never go to trial...Start the suit and it will be settled out-of-court!"

She must think I'm stupid!
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2022 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at a Coast Run some years ago and saw a "senior" trying to get out of his Viper. He looked up at me sheepishly and said, "You work for 40 years to be able to buy a toy like this and then find out you're too old to get out of it".
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2022 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Secret is drop spindles which make up about 1.5 inches and and lower springs another 2 inches or build body kit down or all 3.
Or go the coil overs.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-02-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2022 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont know what yall are complaining about. at the ripe age of 19 this car is fine! swing in, and jump out!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2022 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No trouble with the Fiero getting in or out. But I got in a F40 the other day and most un gracefully fell out of it.

I guess that means I am too old for a F40. That is if I even could afford one
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2022 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell me about it. Getting old ain't for sissies.

I found that the best way to get in and out of my Fiero is to open the door, put may back to the interior and sit down and spin to the right putting my legs in. Doing the process in reverse works when I get out. I'm able to use the door and the B-pillar as support when getting out. It's not graceful but it works.

If you want to see something really funny, watch me get on my K1200RS when the bags and trunk box are mounted. Trying to kick the right leg up high enough to clear the trunk is a hoot.

Dang, I hate getting old...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2022 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Dang, I hate getting old...

Beats the alternative!

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2022 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fall in and fall out, what is the problem.
Frenchrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2022 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get in my Fiero better at 57 years old than when I bought it at 40 years old!
And it's much lower now than original.
Must be because I crawl everywhere now😜😄

No, seriously I think it's because I try harder to stay in shape now than I did in my 30's an 40's.

However, the clutch is going to get my knee joint one day😞

Regards to us all, the older we get....
Rafe

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. - The fastest Fiero in France!
https://youtu.be/c4Cu7_2OgYc
https://www.youtube.com/cha...1wZvWQlkYxTjivW_0XNg

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2022 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frenchrafe:
However, the clutch is going to get my knee joint one day😞

Dodge Stealths had a vacuum booster for the clutch. You may look into one of those.

Also, why is the focus on clutch pedal effort, when clutch pedals in cars are not any harder to press than throttle or brake?
Frenchrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2022 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Dodge Stealths had a vacuum booster for the clutch. You may look into one of those.

Also, why is the focus on clutch pedal effort, when clutch pedals in cars are not any harder to press than throttle or brake?

Hi,
I'll might post a video soon showing how a worn clutch fork can make a clutch feel very heavy. "Homebuilt by Jeff" had the same problem with "Harry" his Porsche 911.
There are no Dodge Stealths in France?
It's how you use the clutch on track: it's not just on/off; you have to feather the clutch which leads to RSI for your leg! And SPEC pressure plates are a bit harder to push!
Try holding some weights at arms length: lift, hold a few minutes and then place down gently. Not the same as lift then drop!

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. - The fastest Fiero in France!
https://youtu.be/c4Cu7_2OgYc
https://www.youtube.com/cha...1wZvWQlkYxTjivW_0XNg

[This message has been edited by Frenchrafe (edited 12-01-2022).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2022 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to the mechanic and asked how much it would coast to raise the Fiero up about 10-20 inches.*

Decided to work on my knees and FAT STOMACH OF FATNESS, instead.

Now I can get in and out of it without pain and/or loud, embarrassing noises (and smells)

*(no, I didn't actually DO THAT)

I now save those gasses for random,epic, room-cleaning moments.... "So.....no one will pull my finger?!? Well...like they say...if you want something done RIGHT..." #TUGGGGGG

MUHWAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAA
A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2022 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Went to the mechanic and asked how much it would coast to raise the Fiero up about 10-20 inches.*

even on front ramps and the rear on stands, the seat was still lower than our hatchback suzuki aerio, and more so than our minivans. and my s10. only thing lower was my dads 3000GT

EDIT: forgot to append picture haha

[This message has been edited by A_Lonely_Potato (edited 12-07-2022).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay