Started on: 04-22-2023 06:14 PM
Replies: 76 (1722 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 10-01-2023 09:29 AM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude! Nicely done!

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some people just have a knack for bodywork.

I sure don't.
Frenchrafe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2023 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice rebuild mate๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰
You are doing a great job!

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. - The fastest Fiero in France! @turboslugfiero
https://youtu.be/c4Cu7_2OgYc

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks you guys it was a fun challenge. I dont have a knack for bodywork or anything, I just keep doing it till I get good at it. The kitcar build got my bodywork skills going. Been driving the hell outta this thing! Breaks necks everywhere I take it. It got a case of the shakes at idle, goes away somewhat when warmed up. Exhaust is crazy quiet, everything feels really solid on the car im amazed. Heard a ring a ding sound at all 4 coroners lol when I hit bumps, looked inside and all the sway bar link bushings are mia. Other than that, everything on this cars working great. Its a dog w the 5 speed wow lol, but thatll change eventually. I need to find a cradle foist, then ill start getting the motor together.

Finally had some time to take it for a smog check yesterday, failed

Could be the cat or 02. Or this turbo pcm I dunno. California cats are $$$ now, I got one installed on the kit car mebbe 4 years ago for $200. Magnaflow has the universal for $600, cheapest exhaust shop is $600. I found a walker calcat on amazon for $150 and will install meself. Guy didnt even check the timing, egr, or the evap. I left the egr hose off, he saw it and pointed it out to me. I said "whoops I forgot to put it back on, I just checked the egr with the vacuum pump." So he kinda knew I went over that stuff. Got my lil beater 90 toyo pickup smogged and it took almost 3 hours, dude checked everything. These shops all want 1-200$ to smog an older car.

Took about an hour for the smog test. So many people came by and checked out the car and started chatting, everyone loved it! So many said they never see em anymore but loved em. One guy chatted w me for 15 mins asking questions.

Shem
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me personally, I take all my cars to MT Smog off of Little Orchard in San Jose. (off of Curtner)
Theyโ€™re not especially warm & friendly but they are all business. They will check Evap but they never check timing nor underneath my car to verify for correct cat numbers.
You got a Calif. certified cat for $150.00??
That canโ€™t be right. I buy the Walker cat too and it ainโ€™t no $150.00 bucks. โ˜น๏ธ What is the Walker p/n? Kit
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2023 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I lived in san jose, I used to take my car to the smog hut on 4th. They were just a few blocks from me. They hated my kitcar and only did the running test. One time they guy tried to check the timing, spent 10 mins looking around, then asked me if the timing was ok. I said yes lol.

Heres the walker carb cat
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B...dt_b_product_details

When my heavy cheby got stolen, they took all 4 cats, all my tools, stereo, and left the bed full of garbage. Chevy wanted about 5k for new cats n pipes, magnaflow wanted $800/ per cat. I found magnaflows for $200 each on apollo optics and got em installed for $400.

shem
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2023 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked the cat in your link and it says it does not fit an 86 GT. It may be โ€œuniversalโ€ but at the end of the day the muffler shop wonโ€™t install it if itโ€™s not on the list of approved cats for your car. Yes, you can weld it in yourself but be aware some smog shops will check the OE number.
Kit
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2023 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good call Kit! U da man man! bBeen going thru the carb website. I had a new cat put on the kitcar exhaust, I checked it online, and it showed up ok. Hit autozone and got a 6$ coupling, and welded that cat in. Checked w the smog guy and he found a page where that cat is not good anymore. Looks like they only let these cali cats be sold and installed for a few years at a time, then you gotta buy a new one whether its bad or not. Thats friggin lame, some of the magnaflow spun cats are $700+. Got the walker one ordered and returned the udder one today. Should be here friday.

I had a hunting idle and I didnt before I put the motor in this car. I cut off the map connector and put on the one from the 86 harness and installed the 86 computer. No more hunting idle. Took it for a spin and got on on the way to the smog place. Butt dyno says many many horses have returned from the dead, things got some stones in 1st n 2nd now. Dunno if it was the cat or the ecm change, but thing feels way better.

except for those brutally slow power windows, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

shem

[This message has been edited by shemdogg (edited 06-12-2023).]

FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2023 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the one I have been considering on Amazon. Let us know the part # you get that passes. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Walk...converter&pd_rd_r=2d 489175-fb2e-4a68-b5f7-3c455d5029aa&pd_rd_w=eEmvQ&pd_rd_wg=52DPG&pf_rd_p=d3f43d11-fd5a-4179-8b1e-1a03d11e07f4&pf_rd_r=0BDZ6HNCGSZEC610XWEJ&pid=msnA99H&qid=1664234616&sprefix=catalytic+converter%2Caps%2C159&sr=1-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.08f69ac3-fd3d-4b88-bc a2-8997e41410bb&vehicle=1988-52-594------------&vehicleName=1988+Pontiac+Fiero
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2023 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats the one I would up getting. Gonna check w the smog guy today before installing. Numbers match up w carb website tho, so should be good. Its the only pc-1 cat approved. Hopefully next week I can get it in, kit car engine swap taking up driveway space. Figured out my engine vibration issue lol. Found a thread that said the 88 motors balanced internally. Well chit I got a clutch kit w flywheel for my 88, and put that flywheel on an 86 motor DOH! lmao freakin rookie smh lol. Oh well while the engines back out I can change the cat and rubber mia sway bar links.

shem
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2023 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

except for those brutally slow power windows, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

shem

This is how I fixed my windows.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/000050.html

PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2023 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Larry! Looks like I need to stock up on lithium grease. My fiero needs lube lol. One more job added to the list, hopefully next week......

shem
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2023 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unrelated to this thread, I sent you a PM Shemdogg.
Kit
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez its been a month already! Made my kid a 20x40 rc dirt track for his smt10 "money pit edition" cough cough I mean grave digger edition. ($179 axles wtf) Anything to keep him off the screen and outside. Started on the fiero last friday. Pulled the cradle, saturday got the motor off. Changed the flywheel, orientated the clutch disc the right way(whoopsie lol), welded in the new cat, and changed the sway bar links. Also changed out the select cable that was bad. Wrapped it up yesterday and took it for a drive. Runs and feels like a new car, love it. No more clankity clank, no more shaky idle. Got an appt fer smog munday.

shem
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish you luck on the smog test. (fingers crossed)
On another note, I encourage you (and all Fiero owners) to go over the numbers on your smog test. Itโ€™s very helpful at determining how your engine is doing emissions wise. It will also steer you in the direction of what to look at if it fails. I watch my numbers carefully and in addition I compare them with the previous smog check to see if there are any changes.
Kit
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smog guy usually has me waiting for about 30 mins while he gets set up. Went to the shop early, dude never showed up or answered his phone. Monday mondays........

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2023 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez its been ages already! Waaay to busy w work n dad/grandpa stuff. Got the car smogged today! Finally turnin this damn page! Got a dmv appt monday, gonna get some plates. No more ridin dirty lol. Had a cop follow me a few miles after the second test on the backroads I was takin. Been driving this car everywhere, runs good luv it. Just worried about gettin pulled over.

Sooooo- last saturday I had an appt for a smog check at a new spot, gave up on the last joint. Dude looked at the car and said he didnt have the equipment to check an older car. Drove off n found a random parking lot to start makin calls, I was getting a smog check. Wait till 9, start callin, no one answers anywhere. 9:10-9:15 one guy answers in sunnyvale, asking all kindsa questions. Thats a no no for sure. Frustrated I get outta the car to stretch my legs, and I notice im in a big cul de sac parking lot of automotive shops. Walk to the street, sure enough theres a suburban w "quik smog" and an arruh pointing inwards. I start walking and find the shop, dudes there talking to a customer. He sees me walking up and I ask, " Do you have a left rear hubcap for a 72 pinto hatchback?"(looking at the customer too lol), then asked if he could smog an old car. He asked what year, I said 88 fiero, he said pull it up. Sweet first place, and got an icebreaker in(crazy important). He finished up w the customer right away, gets my keys and drives it into his shop.

I have the egr hose disconnected from the egr valve but very close so its obvious it off. He pops the trunk and sees it quickly. Calls me over(he has no idear I know about cars yet), and shows me the hose. I do this every time at a new spot lol. Thats when I quickly reconnect the hose and tell the guy its off because I just had the vacuum gauge on it to test the egr w motor on n off. Tell him I just checked the timing, its at 10 degrees, cats new n matches the code on the carb website, and I have the ecm connector hanging out the side of the center console so you can check the ecm. No codes tho. Thats pretty much word for word what I say. Thats lets them know U know, and gets you by the visual inspection w most guys.

Then he asks if im going to leave it or wait. I say ill wait but im going to the 7-11 to get something to drink, and always ask if they want something! Gotta set the mood lol.

They dont care if you pass or not, theyre getting paid regardless. Theyre gonna do the bare minimums( jeez unless you go to the guy that did my toyo truck-2 hours checked every possible thing he could) required by the machine. For my area thats a 15 and 25 mph test on the rollers, fuel cap test, and egr test. Anyways it failed, crazy high nox 1700ish. Went home played w the egr, its working, I get ported vacuum that increses w rpm above idle. Change out the vac lines for shits n giggles and go back a few hours later. Had to wait a lil bit, dude didnt wanna smog it, said he had to charge me lol. Anyways, failed AGAIN but now w nox in the 1800s. WTF?!

Found a shop thatd do an alignment, left the car w them to play w the egr. Lost confidence, and brought it home after the alignment. They said they needed more time to find the problem. Played w it in the driveway, the ported vacuum didnt come on all the time. Took a paperclip to the line under the IAC, all clear. Ran new vac line from the ported vacuum line to the egr solenoid thingies(why is there two devices?!), put in a drip irrigation tee and ran a line to the turbo gauge so I could watch the ported vac while driving. Kinda worked, dunno how accurate the gauge is, but it seemed to be working. My nose told me thats how the exhaust is supposed to smell lol

Left this morning for the smog shop, egr vac is working mosta the way, then after a few mins on the freeway, nada. Getting close to the shop, Im gettin butterflies. I pull over and run the ported vac line directly to the egr valve, no gauge. I plugged in some leftover tubing into the solenoids so it looks factoryish enuf to pass. Cross my fingers and went for it. As a backup lol, I drove 2 cities over this morning to a gas station that sells e85(in my truck lol). I had just under a half tank in the fieruh, so I got 1.370 gallons to give me a ruffly 30% fellatio ratio.

Pulled up to the smog shop at 8:55, 2 cats ahead of me. He goes thru them quickly and pulls my car in. Does the roller test and about 6 new car smogs while mine was going. He made $400 while doing mine lol. My car passed w flying colors.

What I learned: anything in the first 4 slots is high, your 02/cats prolly bad. Hign Nox- egr not working
Can add up to 30% ethanol to lower nox too. Drive around for a bit to mix it up, car wont like it. Fill up w premium and octane boost afterwards get all out by driving.

Heres my 4 tests from beginning/top to end

and heres the cat I used (thanks Kit!)

Finally finally lol

shem
FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2023 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Thanks for the update!
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2023 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on your car passing. ๐Ÿ˜€ Not an easy feat smogging a Fiero in Ca.
Speaking of 10 degrees timing, I had a smog tech tell me my timing was WAY off and to check it and then come back. Guess what? It was 100% spot on. Turns out he ASSUMED and didnโ€™t bother to read the emissions sticker on my 86 GT that youโ€™re supposed to check timing on the auto V6 in DRIVE with the wheels chocked and the aldl jumpered. When I drove back to his shop I told him he did not check it right, there was nothing wrong with my timing and also you kind of wasted my time. ๐Ÿ˜• Lesson learned? I watch the technicians go through their tests.
By the way, I noticed you took it to a smog shop off of Old Middlefield. I grew up right down the street!
Just for fun, here is my smog report from my 86 GT just two weeks ago. Look at the Nox. I think this might be a record for the lowest Fiero Nox number ever. ๐Ÿ˜€ Kit
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2023 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How the hell did you get the nox so low? lol Got my plates and stickers tuesday night, drove it to my buddys euro shop( where ellsworths machine shop used to be).

They loved it, one had never seen a fiero before. The other never saw a fastback gt. It gets lots of attention anywhere lol. Poked around his shop when customers showed up, found a vw motor w holes in the block from a thown rod, saw this on the floor

Customer states she barely hit the curb lol, yeah at 70 mph

2 ford fusion trans that popped this hole out in the bellhousing

This ones done, back to the kit car

shem
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2023 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

What am I seeing on the back of the car next to the driver's side of the wing?
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol that pole connects to the flux capacitor. I hit the wires as close to 88 mph as I could, but it just ripped the wing off.

Those are support cables for the telephone pole in the background, sometimes I install a yellow protective casing to attract drivers.

It works!!!!!

tee hee

shem
A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty sure patrick is talking about this black thing
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Lonely_Potato:

pretty sure patrick is talking about this black thing

Exactly!

Originally posted by Patrick:

What am I seeing on the back of the car next to the driver's side of the wing?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-11-2023).]

A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh...im pretty sure thats just a harsh shadow now...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Lonely_Potato:

oh...im pretty sure thats just a harsh shadow now...

I dunno... might be alien technology.
A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the more i look the more confused i am. it has to be a shadow, but why is there a overexposed white spot in the center?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2023 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lmao Patrick thats hilarious! Yeah its just a shadow, I do have the wing mounted as far back on the decklid as itll go. Picked my lil guy up from his last day of school in the fiero yesterday. Pulled up in front of the playground, watched the jaws drop, then went n parked. He was so excited! Until he had to get in the car, he was hesitant. Didnt like the ride, "Dad why is it so bumpy?" lol. First time hes been in the front seat. Got his graduation today, cap, gown, tassel, pomp n circumstance, lol. Big day today.

Still needs the exhaust shields installed, calipers painted, and get a stereo in there. Has a nice factory radio that doesnt work. Gave it power and it pops the speakers when turned on, but thats it. Bigger fish to fry, ill get at those later.

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2023 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I had this "spare" 3800 sitting around that knocked. Took it to a few machine shops they all said they couldnt see why it was knocking, everything was in good shape. I put new mains in it, honed the juggs, and cleaned up the rod bearings and put it all back together. Plastigauged errthang and it was all ok. Heads wound up being good too so

Made an alternator and tensioner placement for maximum belt wrap

Using the tube bracket that comes w the motor, I made brackets to hold the tensioner and alt in place
still need a filler in this one

The wiring harness was telling bad yo momma jokes while getting pulled, this things mutilated

Diabeetus- do the best u can w whatchu got. I can use it, cut it up more n ran what I needed from it

Missing pcm hookups, coil pack, and knock sensor connectors. Looks like a pick n pull run is in my future

shem
Ray_and_kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2023 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ray_and_kevinSend a Private Message to Ray_and_kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you read this far and are looking for your own 88 GT project, please see my post in the Mall for 3 GT project cars that could likely yield an 88 GT and an 87 GT.
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2023 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey best of luck w the sale! Some body buy the mans cars! I would but I just need an 88 cradle n trans. Found one close by too, just gotta make room for it in the back yard. Got a great deal on it. Only problem is it came w the whole rest of a car oy!

Hit pick n pull today for a parts run, saw this in one o the aisles

Dunno how its done elsewheres, but here they weld 2 wheels together perpendicular and use that for stands. They used to use 4, now theres only 3. Old 60s and 70 wheels w janky welds. Sketchy!

Anywho scored my parts. Motors almost complete, mosta the harness wrapped

Got a 77" belt to get a lil more slack on the tensioner. I really hate that vacuum tee thingie on the top of the motor. Looks like chit, and when you turn it the way you need for the swap- theres a buncha vacuum lines that look fugly. Nay I say. I made a block off plate from aluminium. Drilled the side of the blower and mounted a 5/8" barbed nipple for the big brake vacuum line. The others will all tee off the tb port. Got the pcm ends today at the boneyard so I can finish up the harness to be plug n play. Fierorog is working on my flywheel, alreddy got the bolts. Dug out the fuse box I got w the first motor I pulled. Going to try and mount the pcm in the engine bay(was going to try a factory airbox but theyre yuuuge), and have all the engine power lines going to the separate factory fusebox to minimize the wiring going into the fiero cabin.

shem
Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2023 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That very obviously a lunar wane shaft exhaust gas recirculation tube for his car's built-in panametric turbo encabulator

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2023 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You forgot the AC compressor. I'm not even gonna go into depth the issue with running the SC on the same belt as the accessories.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2023 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Appreciate it!

Cut up and bent the map sensor bracket to mount it to the intake, tryin to keep errthang nice and toight!

Pulled the fuel rail and took the harness apart and id each wire, cut the at wires out from the pcm connectors, extending the short ends of the harness, and started wiring the fiero end. And a whole buncha udder stuff I cant remember now.

I had an idear for a schweet lil lip spoiler that carried the lines of the back, picked up some 2x2 drip edge at hd, and came up w this

then glassed it

I like it a lot, kinda wanted the rake lower. Oh well, on the next one

shem
kendell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2023 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great progress, shem!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2023 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man, always too much going on so gotta pick at it lil by lil.

Swap motors getting closer and closer to completion, got some wiring diagrams from ryan at sinister performance( The only place to go for 3800 pcm programming!) to figure out the mess of wires. Going to hafta swap some wires in the connectors to match my pcm. Im going to swap pcms between the kit car and fiero(cant drive em both at once! lol). Got my ls swap motor mounts and installed, fuel line kits here, waiting on fittings. So for the fiero v6 im going to get some male threaded ends to go into the fuel rail with the quick disconnect male ends. That way I can just plug the 3800 fuel lines into the stock v6 when the changeover time comes. Everything else on the motor is good to go.

Almost done with the rear lip I made, got it good enuf to put some color on it. Love it! Notice the sides are different lol. One is curved back, and one is angled back. Dunno which style I like better, like em both.

Its not done done, just a feeler. I want the rake more raked so ill be building another eventually.
All my times going into wrapping up the kit car and making fiberglass stuff. Thats it for now

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock