Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Someone needs to buy this... or I will... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Someone needs to buy this... or I will... by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 08-03-2023 02:19 PM
Replies: 100 (1932 views)
Last post by: bandi on 10-08-2023 08:49 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I moved to Tampa, my wife was willing to move into one of the older homes, many of which came with multiple buildings (e.g., workshops and garages on site).

There was one house for sale before we moved that we would have won, but at the last minute I didn't put a bid in on it. It was in an A-rated school district, 2 acres, had 4-bedroom home w/ 2-car garage on the lot, a lake in the back yard that was shared with 3 other lots, a mother-in-law house which was a single bedroom w/ small kitchen building of which half of it was a large full-length (400 square foot) air conditioned workshop with solid work bench around all four sides of the room... and then there was a SEPARATE steel construction building in the back hidden behind the trees (so it wasn't something people saw when they visited your house), and it had a large two-car garage, but could easily fit 6 cars inside. It even had a circle driveway with a fountain in the middle.

My wife was totally OK with getting this, but I came to the conclusion that if I bought this house, I would fill it. I knew that if I bought it, I'd end up buying a car for every spot that there was. To that point, I'd at least be able to take my VW Bus and my Fiero out of storage and put it in there... but there would be more cars. And this scared me... (remembering a time when I had 9 cars and a golf cart).

So, we bought a smaller home in a clustered community with a small HOA and a 3-car garage... I don't regret it because I know the feeling I'd have of being owned by all of my stuff.

But with that said, what do you guys think of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126017748701

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305041712038
IP: Logged
Vintage-Nut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading your house story above, I thought...

"Chronic Vehicle Addiction"
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

I concur.
But my wife and I have a system. She says, "I want a puppy." I reply with, "Fine. I want a car. Go for it."
We have three dogs. I have three Fieros, So it kind of works.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... yes, but I've managed to get it under control...

But occasionally I need to search eBay for deals... and just home someone else buys them!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

But with that said, what do you guys think of these?

1970 Mercury Cougar Convertible
Barn Find/Convertible/No Drivetrain

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I wouldn't want that heap if I was paid $4500 to take it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I wouldn't want that heap if I was paid $4500 to take it.

Don't be like those people on the Canadian house-flipper shows Patrick!

This is a SOLID chassis that's already had most of the demo-work done. All you need are parts at this point, a good paint job, a new top, and a crate motor!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All you need are parts at this point, a good paint job, a new top, and a crate motor!

Yep, that's "all"... and maybe a transmission.

Todd, I'm just trying to save you from yourself!

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2023 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That doesnt look TOO bad, cant really tell from the pics how much rust is there. I see some on the door edges. Thats what scares me, motor/trans, paint job, interior, easy peasy. But it what parts are missing that counts. Some of the rarer more expensive pieces are likely sold off. When I got my 66 mustang (on craigslist), as I went thru it, I found most of the hard to find parts were already sold off(probably also on craigslist). Dash cluster, dash top, heater core box, shift bezel, a whole buncha stuff was missing. It was a roller but had an insanely well done set of t-tops so that was the selling point for me.

No engine/trans, interior, brakes locked up, hole in the floorpan so big you could stand in it (came w new panels), buncha random parts in the trunk, what was left of the exhaust system and the bare seat frames in the inside. I remember my wifes face at the time looking like( hes not really gonna buy this turd), and my neighbor who was outside w a buddy as I pulled up w the trailer. I needed help unloading, they were trying not to laugh. If theres one thing I can do its polish a turd. 3 months n $10k later

New interior, new 5.0 efi/ 4spd aod, wheels/tires/ paint/ granada front brakes, custom body kit, cougar tail lites. Kept it simple, got maybe 12k in it.

If its complete and the rust is manageable, its really not that much work to bring a classic back. Having to weld on quarter panels or frame rails is a deal breaker for me.

I do want that kit car tho, went back n watched it often.

Nothing wrong w a chronic vehicle addiction, couple that w a lack of space......... now thats a problem!

shem

[This message has been edited by shemdogg (edited 08-12-2023).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2023 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: the non-running rebodied Fiero that was referenced in the first post on this thread is again for sale on Facebook. It looks the "bid" that he had on eBay was in fact from a stooge. Unless you are there in person to give it a thorough inspection and drive it;. from what I can see this is not a good car to purchase

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2023 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Update: the non-running rebodied Fiero that was referenced in the first post on this thread is again for sale on Facebook.

On Facebook as well? We knew it had been re-listed on eBay.

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut Here:

Surprise! (or no surprise?)

1984 Pontiac Fiero

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Bidder!

The First eBay Bidder was 0***9 which has a feedback score of (1) (a stooge?)

The Second eBay Bidder is 5***6 which has a feedback score of (116)

Time Left: Thursday, 10:24 AM
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Second eBay Bidder is 5***6 which has a feedback score of (116)

I'm telling ya, that beauty is gonna be mine! I can't wait to admire that mighty duke power plant in person. I'm sure it sounds incredible!

And no denying the fact that dead leaves in the engine bay add an extra dimension to this purchase!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-16-2023).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm telling ya, that beauty is gonna be mine! I can't wait to admire that mighty duke power plant in person. I'm sure it sounds incredible!

It is a project vehicle and should be sold as such. If you examine photos of the interior, its pretty beat up.. My guess is that the OD has probably been turned back. "It hasn't been run in a while" is a sure red flag that it may or may not start and even run. Then there is no description or statement on frame condition. This man is definitely a Stooge that's bidding on his own item. As such I would not trust this seller. Buying this for $5000 on the blind would probably end up being an asinine decision. Non-running vehicles are not worth much.
8/17/ 4 bidders/6 bids and one bidder has the last four bids that raised the price. Statement says sold but don't be surprised if we see this 84 again. .
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 08-17-2023).]

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2023 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess Dennis was right. You will be seeing this car again!

Look how happy it was when I picked it up today. Look at that smile..

Seller was a good guy. He got a lot of nasty flack from the Fiero community about the car. Some folks were just down right rude actually and should be ashamed. He showed me some of the messages. Not cool on our end at all.

Yes I was one of the bidders, yes, some of the bids were real. Yes the car is definitely a project and definitely going to need a LOT of work, but it deserved a second chance. Yes I will go broke spending money on it.

Thanks to 82 - T/A for posting this, otherwise I'd have never come across it!
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2023 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002

It photographs WAY better then it looks in person.. Tires are 23 years old. It's got some really janky stuff going on with the kit install.

Engine ran smooth for one day and then started stalling out badly after idling for 30 mins. Will have to look into that with everything else.

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2023 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats smartaxel for your new project!

We hope you'll start a thread with photos and the process....an engine swap too?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2023 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

Look how happy it was when I picked it up today.

I thought you were just kidding around... but damn, you're serious!

Alright, well... I'll be looking forward to your future posts on this beast.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2023 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It photographs WAY better then it looks in person.. Tires are 23 years old. It's got some really janky stuff going on with the kit install.

Engine ran smooth for one day and then started stalling out badly after idling for 30 mins. Will have to look into that with everything else.

Oh man!!! So glad that someone on here bought it!!! I'm really happy for you!!! Can you detail your progress on here? I would love to see the progress!!!
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2023 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smartaxel good luck with the car.
" He got a lot of nasty flack from the Fiero community about the car. Some folks were just down right rude actually and should be ashamed. He showed me some of the messages. Not cool on our end at all." The sad part is some people are proud of this behavior.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2023 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick... do you see what I see... down vertically in the image, below the decklid release switch, in the passenger footwell?

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 08-24-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2023 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick... do you see what I see... down vertically in the image, below the decklid release switch, in the passenger footwell?

Yep. I'm not surprised it has the interior fresh air vents! It's an '84, with no A/C.

It probably doesn't have A/C because it's a Michigan car... but armed with that knowledge, there's a high possibility it's also rotted out underneath.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if smartaxel, who's been around the block, has plans to be transferring those body panels over to a much "cleaner" Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-24-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2023 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep. I'm not surprised it has the interior fresh air vents! It's an '84, with no A/C.

It probably doesn't have A/C because it's a Michigan car... but armed with that knowledge, there's a high possibility it's also rotted out underneath.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if smartaxel, who's been around the block, has plans to be transferring those body panels over to a much "cleaner" Fiero.

Furthest north I've ever lived was Massachusetts back in the late 80s / early 90s. All the cars I grew up around (which were 70s and 80s cars), they all had air conditioning. So it still astonishes me that some cars don't have air con. That said, my aunt had two cars, an early 70s VW Beetle and (later) a 1984 Toyota Starlet, neither of which had air conditioning, but we only drove it in the spring, and I was skin and bones back then because I was a kid and hyper... so I never noticed it.

I just get excited by the fact that this is a 1-year only feature, and that... to some extent at least, it can be added to all other Fieros. I'm just wondering if there's a use for the passenger one. I'm curious if it isn't possible to attach this to some other flap or something within the HVAC air box to get the same effect. I think you said that the frame is actually different from 84-85 in that specific area (or at the very least, this hole is now solid sheet metal) ... the least of which is that it's blocked by the air box.

Patrick, I like buttons... so, get used to it!!! Haha...
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2023 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That said, my aunt had two cars, an early 70s VW Beetle and (later) a 1984 Toyota Starlet, neither of which had air conditioning...

Brings back memories of the 1983 Honda Civic which was the first car my parents ever bought brand-new. It had no AC (because "that's just something that'll be real expensive to fix if it breaks") and pretty much no other options either. No radio, no armrests, no sound deadening. It was about as comfortable as a cardboard box on wheels and not much faster either.

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2023 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, that's "all"... and maybe a transmission.

Todd, I'm just trying to save you from yourself!

When the rear wheel is sitting about 3 inches too far forward it might take more than just "a little work"

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2023 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I'm terrible at taking before pics. Yep, it will get a 3800sc. I actually have that in the garage. Had the heads redone and have to put it back together, but was going to go into my orange 88. That plan may change due to the unplanned purchase.. LOL. Or now I have to buy another 3800 engine.

Congrats smartaxel for your new project!

We hope you'll start a thread with photos and the process....an engine swap too?

[This message has been edited by smartaxel (edited 08-26-2023).]

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2023 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Lets just say I know I overpaid, but reality was if I didn't, then I wouldnt have it (which in some aspects may have been a blessing since its yet another project)

I thought you were just kidding around... but damn, you're serious!

Alright, well... I'll be looking forward to your future posts on this beast.

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2023 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Most of its life it was some form of Southerrn car, but was in NY a few years, which makes the lack of AC really strange. . Its got rust in places moreso due to the swap then anything else. They have no gaskets on the 308 panels, so the trunk has rust, engine has rust, and they cut the back window into three pieces and siliconed it together, so the interior has rust and mold due to being wet. The cradle and framerails dont look so bad. Its really odd. I hope to get it cleaned up, de-spidered, and on a lift this weekend to see the frame better and determine if its getting a frame swap, or if im cleaning this up ad building on it. it has 3 to 4 layers of paint on it, so its going ot have to be stripped down at some point and all the body cracks fixed as well.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2023 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most of its life it was some form of Southerrn car, but was in NY a few years, which makes the lack of AC really strange. . Its got rust in places moreso due to the swap then anything else. They have no gaskets on the 308 panels, so the trunk has rust, engine has rust, and they cut the back window into three pieces and siliconed it together, so the interior has rust and mold due to being wet. The cradle and framerails dont look so bad. Its really odd. I hope to get it cleaned up, de-spidered, and on a lift this weekend to see the frame better and determine if its getting a frame swap, or if im cleaning this up ad building on it. it has 3 to 4 layers of paint on it, so its going ot have to be stripped down at some point and all the body cracks fixed as well.

I definitely hope you start a long thread on here. Any chance you'd be willing to start a new post with the images you sent me in PM? Would love to be able to follow it and see it... even if it takes years.

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2023 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seller was a good guy. He got a lot of nasty flack from the Fiero community about the car. Some folks were just down right rude actually and should be ashamed. He showed me some of the messages. Not cool on our end at all.

Cars are about personal taste. All that matters is that it is what you like.

But I still recommend that you remove the decals and don't try to pass it off as anything but a kit car.

Be sure to keep us updated. That car will be sweet when you get it all lined out.

[This message has been edited by fredtoast (edited 08-27-2023).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2023 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the metalwork is all intact and not rusted out then you have a nice Fiero rebody to restore. My criticism of this vehicle was mainly because it MAY have many unknowns. If all is solid the engine starts and runs it may prove to be a decent buy. One thing for sure is that the body looks nice but for $5K beauty is in the eye of the beholder. .Good luck on the project.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... another one pops up. This one is closer to home... seems to have no rust, but in a rather ... less desirable purple color.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276018523873

It's outside of my "sympathy" price range, so while I'd like to have it, not worth the cost to me... but maybe someone else closer to my neck of the woods would want one.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I concur.
But my wife and I have a system. She says, "I want a puppy." I reply with, "Fine. I want a car. Go for it."
We have three dogs. I have three Fieros, So it kind of works.

LOL
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well... another one pops up... 1986 Ferrari 308 replica/kit MERA Fiero GT

The exhaust tips appear to be multiplying!

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2023 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well... another one pops up. This one is closer to home... seems to have no rust, but in a rather ... less desirable purple color.

It's outside of my "sympathy" price range, so while I'd like to have it, not worth the cost to me... but maybe someone else closer to my neck of the woods would want one.

For nearly $7K its not a good buy. It may cost another $7k or more to get it running and restored.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So that giant horse on the back.. Its not a decal. Its paint Surprised me as well. Its one of the few things on the car that was actually done well (taste aside). That looks like they put time into it. But yes, when it gets repainted, it will be gone.

Originally posted by fredtoast:
Cars are about personal taste. All that matters is that it is what you like.

But I still recommend that you remove the decals and don't try to pass it off as anything but a kit car.

Be sure to keep us updated. That car will be sweet when you get it all lined out.

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Oh no, it was not a good buy - but I knew that going in.

1. When I drained the oil, 7 quarts came out, 3 of which were coolant, so while the engine did run at the time of inspection, its got issues.
2. The Framerails and front of the car/suspension are excellent, as far as rust. Very clean. The Floorboards, however, look like the titanic. I moved the driver seat forward and it broke free from the chassis. The frame will be junked soon.
3.Its getting swapped onto another 84 chassis, however with true lower miles, that I purchased a few days ago, then that chassis will eventually get engine swapped to 3800.
4. The car has its own ecosystem. I have found a live frog inside, wasps nest, and mice remains.

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If the metalwork is all intact and not rusted out then you have a nice Fiero rebody to restore. My criticism of this vehicle was mainly because it MAY have many unknowns. If all is solid the engine starts and runs it may prove to be a decent buy. One thing for sure is that the body looks nice but for $5K beauty is in the eye of the beholder. .Good luck on the project.

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002
the purple one could cost far less then the yellow would have. No shipping to you, better shape, interior isnt gross.

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Once I get some time to settle things out I can start a thread for it, sure.

I definitely hope you start a long thread on here. Any chance you'd be willing to start a new post with the images you sent me in PM? Would love to be able to follow it and see it... even if it takes years.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car has its own ecosystem. I have found a live frog inside, wasps nest, and mice remains.

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Say hello to my little friend...lol

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay