Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Someone needs to buy this... or I will... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Someone needs to buy this... or I will... by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 08-03-2023 02:19 PM
Replies: 100 (1932 views)
Last post by: bandi on 10-08-2023 08:49 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134671703227

Seriously... someone needs to buy this instead of me. I'm debating sending the owner an e-mail to buy it cash outright before the auction ends... so someone needs to tell me they seriously want to buy this, otherwise I'm going to end up buying it and I don't need another Fiero.

This is a cry for help, like when an addict intentionally does something to get themselves in trouble so they get help.

Someone please buy this... because I have a 3.4 V6/60 that I can put in there with a carburetor and call it a day. Please save me...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice re-body but being a four would mean doing an engine swap to make the performance fit the look. IMO a 90hp engine doesn't belong in a Ferrari style body.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Very nice re-body but being a four would mean doing an engine swap to make the performance fit the look. IMO a 90hp engine doesn't belong in a Ferrari style body.

I have a 3.4 V6/60, and I would probably try to find an old Offenhauser intake that had the mechanical injection ports, but used the three-webber carbs, and hook that up, but use an aftermarket ECM / fuel injection kit with a TPS on mechanical throttle bodies that would replace the webber carbs. I'd probably throw in a 5-Speed getrag that I have, and tool around town pretending I was Don Johnson in Miami... or I guess Magnum PI... but I think I associate more with Don Johnson since I'm from South Florida...

EDIT: I just looked on eBay. Back in the day (like... late 90s / early 2000s), there were dozens of awesome old intake manifolds that were for sale by various vendors for the V6/60. There was one from Offenhauser, one from Edelbrock, one from Holley, and even one from... what was that other company that's from the Offenhauser days? I can't remember... but they had lots of kits back then for people doing various racing or applications. Seems like there's none of this stuff around anymore. Or... people have snatched them up and are using them.

I agree, I can't even believe there's a 2.5 in there, but I guess it's just because it's an 84 and that's what it is. But man... this would be a lot of fun with a bigger engine in it.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 08-03-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Supposedly only 52,000 miles... and the interior looks like this! Look how worn out the door handle is! I bet the frame is completely rotted out.

Todd, I just saved you $5000 and a lot of heartache.
Vintage-Nut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the motion; walk away and don't look back....
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
⚠️ ❓ "Why Keep 4cyl?" (and other "weak" engines)
Because Many people w/ Body Kits/Swaps keep the OE Engine because of Insurance and more.
This Car is simply a Fiero 4 cyl in I-co word view and treated same for billing & after a crash. F' you if Body Kit and other things you added cost a lot.
vs.
Most people w/ Engine swaps Do Not report this to I-co's that default to VIN Engine Code to set Prices. Then get wrecked and I-co's and more find out @ that point can cancel the policy leaving you holding the big can of snakes. If, more very likely When, get Sued after a crash... Lawyers will use that info against you too.

I-co Can Cancel? Failure to report engine swaps can count as Insurance Fraud in many places because they have wrong data to set Prices. Canceling can be least of problem when I-co calls Fraud as Many US States most to all I-Fraud is a Felony.

Sued? Almost every crash now should expect to get sued just because Morgan et at pushes this crap on TV and other Media for Decades.
Example: In my recent "crash" that did little damage, the other driver claim I "rear ended" them and had lawyers contacting both I-co's in days.
Dash Cam output send to I-co's and State Police stopped that Fraud and other I-co paid me for damage to the car.
And also part of Why I don't have "State Minimum Insurance" even after a loan is paid because I-co pays for lawyers as part of "full coverage." Yes even my 30+ years old Fiero has "Full Coverage."

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

⚠️ ❓ "Why Keep 4cyl?" (and other "weak" engines)
Because Many people w/ Body Kits/Swaps keep the OE Engine because of Insurance and more.
This Car is simply a Fiero 4 cyl in I-co word view and treated same for billing & after a crash. F' you if Body Kit and other things you added cost a lot.
vs.
Most people w/ Engine swaps Do Not report this to I-co's that default to VIN Engine Code to set Prices. Then get wrecked and I-co's and more find out @ that point can cancel the policy leaving you holding the big can of snakes. If, more very likely When, get Sued after a crash... Lawyers will use that info against you too.

I-co Can Cancel? Failure to report engine swaps can count as Insurance Fraud in many places because they have wrong data to set Prices. Canceling can be least of problem when I-co calls Fraud as Many US States most to all I-Fraud is a Felony.

Sued? Almost every crash now should expect to get sued just because Morgan et at pushes this crap on TV and other Media for Decades.
Example: In my recent "crash" that did little damage, the other driver claim I "rear ended" them and had lawyers contacting both I-co's in days.
Dash Cam output send to I-co's and State Police stopped that Fraud and other I-co paid me for damage to the car.
And also part of Why I don't have "State Minimum Insurance" even after a loan is paid because I-co pays for lawyers as part of "full coverage." Yes even my 30+ years old Fiero has "Full Coverage."

This is a good point. I think it's worth mentioning though that if you have a garage to keep your fun car (like this), and you don't drive it to go to work every day, you can get collector insurance.

Insurance is insane now. I can get minimal insurance with no coverage for like $800 a year for all my cars, but even with the few miles I put on my cars, I pay about $4,000 a year for insurance for myself and my wife for 3 cars registered and insured. None of us have accidents, or any tickets for like... decades. We also aren't test pilots or movie stunt doubles. Very modest careers that are safe. But that's insurance now if you actually want to be protected.

BUT... I recently switched insurance for my Crown Victoria... which I get collector insurance for. I pay $281 for the entire year through American Collector Insurance.

They don't really care what you do to it... so long as you also have liability insurance. So something like this... if you don't drive it all the time, you could pay next to nothing for insurance.

And of course, I live in Florida... so I could put a nuclear reactor in the back, and still get tags, title, and insurance later that afternoon.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
BUT... I recently switched insurance for my Crown Victoria... which I get collector insurance for. I pay $281 for the entire year through American Collector Insurance.
If you don't drive much...
Many I-co's have discounts for that even for "normal" policies but don't promote this.
Have that for both cars because even w/ drive to work for new car is ≤ 7500 mile per year under rules w/ current I-co.
My I-co looks looks at Miles when bought, current miles, and maybe data from DMV so can prove how much you drive.

Have to have "normal" Tags and Insurance to drive to work store etc in most states.
"Antique" and related tags and insurance have rules that restrict driving to Shows etc depending on state. Worse State and I-co Rules may not be the same w/ I-co is often more restricted. Some simply ignore the rules can have same problems as above w/ I-fraud etc.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2023 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't mind the Ferrari body kits as long as they don't actually say "Ferrari" on them (like this car).

That just seems ridiculous. I mean you eventually have to start the engine.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

That just seems ridiculous. I mean you eventually have to start the engine.

That car just needs (among a hundred other things) one of these devices below... with perhaps the audio being piped outside the car through multiple speakers.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-03-2023).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2023 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by82-T/A [At Work]
...I get collector insurance / if you don't drive it all the time, you could pay next to nothing for insurance.

My '84 Chevy and '88 Fiero don't get many miles each year which both are getting more valuable....

I never thought about collector insurance and 'thanks' for the comment!

Clearly, I need to research Collector’s Insurance Vs. Traditional Car Insurance
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Supposedly only 52,000 miles... and the interior looks like this! Look how worn out the door handle is! I bet the frame is completely rotted out.

Todd, I just saved you $5000 and a lot of heartache.

Very good point and an excellent observation. I too would be very suspicious of the 52,000 mile claim and "it hasn't been started in a while" . In essence this is being sold a non-running vehicle with many unknowns. Unless you are physically there to inspect this car, especially the frame near the trunk I would take Patricks advise and Stay Away.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 08-04-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

My '84 Chevy and '88 Fiero don't get many miles each year which both are getting more valuable....

I never thought about collector insurance and 'thanks' for the comment!

Clearly, I need to research Collector’s Insurance Vs. Traditional Car Insurance

YES, 100%... you absolutely need to get this, it's so worth it. I'm not an expert on this, so you'll want to call them, but this is effectively what's required...

- Must have a daily driver that you use for normal day to day driving.
- Must have liability insurance (from another insurance company) on all the drivers who would drive your collector cars. Note: you do not need to have your collector cars ON the other insurance, you just need to have liability insurance.
- Collect cars must be garaged when not in use.
- You cannot drive the collector cars as a daily driver. You may occasionally take it to work, occasionally take it to run an errand. You can always use it for everything else (vacation, cruise-ins, etc.)
- There is a mileage limitation... I don't know what it is... but it's variable. I think I'm limited to 5,000 miles, but I've not even driven 5 since I got the insurance earlier in the year (lol).
- You agree upon a restitution value (mine is $9,300 full value... which is fine... I was less concerned about that, and more concerned about what I'd pay annually).
- If I want a higher restitution value, I can get an appraiser to come out and look. (but I didn't really think it was important)
- You will need to send in pictures of your car in the garage (like below)

It saved me about $1,300 a year... for my 2002 Crown Victoria LX-P74, which as I said... basically sits in the garage and is never driven...

Very good point and an excellent observation. I too would be very suspicious of the 52,000 mile claim and "it hasn't been started in a while" . In essence this is being sold a non-running vehicle with many unknowns. Unless you are physically there to inspect this car, especially the frame near the trunk I would take Patricks advise and Stay Away.

To be completely honest, this doesn't scare me at all. More than half the cars I've purchased have been sight-unseen with the exception of a few images on the internet. They've all been pretty good. It is Michigan, but surprisingly, the car doesn't seem to have a lot of rust where I'd expect it, in the rockers, for being up there. I think for someone who hasn't already done everything to a car, or knows how to do everything on a car (more or less), it would be bad. But with a car like this, I'd expect to completely re-do everything. In my opinion, the body is the most expensive part to repair / fix... and in this case, it looks pretty darned good. All I would do is remove the Ferrari graphics on the back, straighten out the grill, and repaint the black bumper portions... and probably even the headlight lids to black. Any frame work, or swapping out the engine wouldn't really be a problem.

The biggest thing for me is... what the hell would I do with a fake Ferrari? I already have a Fiero and a VW Bus in a storage unit that I don't have room for at the house... and a Crown Vic (above) that I never drive. So... that's the big negative. But this sure would be a lot of fun to drive. The car looks really good, and that's what would make it a fun car to tinker with.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think a lot of how that looks is caused by the black paint flaking off. Which is the No. 1 worry I would have if I ever painted any of my interior parts.... That it just wouldn't hold up.

I'm more concerned by the wrinkly center console, the peeling(?) part of the dash by the radio and HVAC, the spiderwebs and the rusty "spokes" on the steering wheel. That car needs a significant cleaning!

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the starting points Todd!
I'll research more about Collector’s Insurance details as both vehicles are worth over $10k each.

As the "supposedly only 52,000 miles... and the interior looks like this" observation:
The yellow body was painted with overspray in the engine bay and the hood, and it is peeling in few areas where RED shows.

As you said "expect to completely re-do everything" plus an engine swap.

IF you're really interested in the car Todd, add the car on your eBay 'watchlist' and I bet 'No Bids'
Maybe the seller will lower the starting price on the second round.....

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 08-04-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:
I think a lot of how that looks is caused by the black paint flaking off. Which is the No. 1 worry I would have if I ever painted any of my interior parts.... That it just wouldn't hold up.

I'm more concerned by the wrinkly center console, the peeling(?) part of the dash by the radio and HVAC, the spiderwebs and the rusty "spokes" on the steering wheel. That car needs a significant cleaning!

Yeah... I wonder what the aftermarket scene looks like for interior parts for the Fiero? I know a lot of this stuff could still be done by Mr. Mikes, but I recall that there were a lot of aftermarket interior components that were available just 10 years ago. My assumption here is that I'd likely have to replace the entire interior.

The biggest thing for me is... what would I do with a fake Ferrari? I really like the body style, it's gorgeous (for obvious reasons), but it presents itself as a Ferrari, and... I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone on this list who has a Fiero kit car, but I don't really want to misrepresent a Ferrari. I kind of view cars as art... you know... there is an artist / designer for every car... some of it sucks (~1993 Toyota Corolla) and some of it is amazing (1967 Ferrari 275 GTB).

My house could be firebombed for saying this, but I would prefer to buy a somewhat beat up Ferrari 308 with a blown engine, and then drop a GM roller-cam V6/60 in it... like a 3.9. I know... take out a Ferrari engine and put in a GM engine, blasphemy. But that Ferrari motor would make a fantastic table for my patio, and I'd be much happier with a GM engine and transmission in it.

Thanks for the starting points Todd!
I'll research more about Collector’s Insurance details as both vehicles are worth over $10k each.

As the "supposedly only 52,000 miles... and the interior looks like this" observation:
The yellow body was painted with overspray in the engine bay and the hood, and it is peeling in few areas where RED shows.

As you said "expect to completely re-do everything" plus an engine swap.

IF you're really interested in the car Todd, add the car on your eBay 'watchlist' and I bet 'No Bids'
Maybe the seller will lower the starting price on the second round.....

Dude, you are NOT helping me right now!!! Hahaha...

You're supposed to say... "Todd, don't worry, I will relieve you of this issue and I will go ahead and buy it myself. I will then also restore it, and send you pictures every week in an e-mail, and then I will drive down to Florida so that you can take a drive in it."

... and that's how this conversation should be going.

Hahaah!!!!

On the collector insurance... yeah. I don't really know what my 2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX-P74 is worth. It has literally every option ever offered on the Crown Vic, except the sunroof (which wasn't available then), or Traction Control.

I'd have to assume in the condition, it's probably worth more than $9,000 or whatever I said that they said... but that requires an appraiser for you to go through it with them, and detail everything. Otherwise, all they know is that it's just a used car. If I remember correctly, the appraiser is a $99 fee if they come to your house, otherwise if you bring it to them, the insurance company pays for their time, and you just walk them through it. I've thought about doing it, but seeing as how I've literally driven it maybe 4-5 miles since January... probably not worth it.

EDIT: This is who I use ... American Collectors Insurance: https://americancollectors.com/

Grundy will also do it, but Grundy is a lot more exclusive, if you will. They generally do not want to deal with most 80s and 90s cars unless they are very exclusive cars (like a Grand National, or say, a *pristine* 1985 Toyota Celica GTS, or maybe a low mileage T-Top 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT 5-Speed.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 08-04-2023).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry that our conversation isn't going should be.....

My Fiero is still on the lift and 'refurbishing' always been the lowest priority in my garage (or life).
BTW, I took seven years to refurbish the K10 at the tune of $11k in parts.
The Fiero expenditures are ~$7k for the moment with many months (years?) to go...
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry that our conversation isn't going should be.....

My Fiero is still on the lift and 'refurbishing' always been the lowest priority in my garage (or life).
BTW, I took seven years to refurbish the K10 at the tune of $11k in parts.
The Fiero expenditures are ~$7k for the moment with many months (years?) to go...

I was joking of course, I hope you knew that. But yes... I completely understand. "My" Fiero (not my daughter's) has been sitting in storage for about 13 years. I haven't done a lick of work to it, and no idea when I'll get around to it.

If you have receipts for all the work you've done, especially a "project planning book" like Stacey David sells, or something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Car-...rison/dp/B0B9LH4PBV/

... they will take it as part of the evaluation / insurance adjudication process for determining coverage. I had nothing at all... so it was just pictures for me.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That car just needs (among a hundred other things) one of these devices below... with perhaps the audio being piped outside the car through multiple speakers.

Didn't one of the production hybrid or EV vehicles do that? And it was audible outside.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Didn't one of the production hybrid or EV vehicles do that? And it was audible outside.

The newer Ford Mustang has that (inside)!

https://www.pocket-lint.com...e-cars-sound-better/
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I'm more concerned by the wrinkly center console, the peeling(?) part of the dash by the radio and HVAC, the spiderwebs and the rusty "spokes" on the steering wheel.

I only mentioned the interior door handle as a start... the photo speaks for itself. I've seen better interiors in Fieros that have been rotting away for years in scrapyards.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owner of this jalopy has one bid. I say the bidder is probably a stooge.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]
I was joking of course, I hope you knew that...

Of course

I'm a dinosaur and to me, the internal combustion engine has always been about the sound (noise) in the high-performance sports car. You're 'alive' and the engine pulls against the transmission......

The Superformance MKIII E Electric Snake (think 'Shelby Cobra') which has instant 1500 pound-feet of torque (yes, hold-on your butt) however, lacks 'sensory excitement'.

The loudest sound is the 'click' of solenoids! VERY fast and VERY quiet.

But I said in another thread; "I'm Not Buying the 'Battery' Idea for Many Reasons."

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua

We'll see and it ends on Saturday...

Edit: I hope Todd that this isn't your bid.....

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 08-04-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2023 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We'll see and it ends on Saturday...

Edit: I hope Todd that this isn't your bid.....

Hahah, no, it's not me. But I will say, I am happy that someone has bid on it. It's like seeing a pet at the shelter, you're like... do I have room? No, I don't want to clean up someone's **** , and I don't want hair all over my house... but I hope SOMEONE does...

Of course

I'm a dinosaur and to me, the internal combustion engine has always been about the sound (noise) in the high-performance sports car. You're 'alive' and the engine pulls against the transmission......

The Superformance MKIII E Electric Snake (think 'Shelby Cobra') which has instant 1500 pound-feet of torque (yes, hold-on your butt) however, lacks 'sensory excitement'.

The loudest sound is the 'click' of solenoids! VERY fast and VERY quiet.

But I said in another thread; "I'm Not Buying the 'Battery' Idea for Many Reasons."

Dude, I totally get it. This was a video I took about 13 years ago when I owned a 1973 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It was all original, all I did was have the rear-end straightened (it had been rear-ended before I got it), and I rebuilt the carburetor and tuned the secondaries...

I thought about getting a TBI injection unit or something for an Olds 455 big block that I have. Are you saying it won't sound similar to a carburetor with an open-element air cleaner? I guess I just assumed those would sound the same as long as it was a square bore, or whatever it's called.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2023 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD @ $5k - eBay member 'matty8429' is hoping to get a payment....
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2023 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SOLD @ $5k - eBay member 'matty8429' is hoping to get a payment....

I hope the guy who buys it shows up on here... I want pictures!!!

There was a 1960s something Fiat 850 Spyder that I almost bought on eBay about 14 years ago. It had just had the body completely restored and painted that Ferrari red color, and the motor completely rebuilt. But all the rubber was shot, and it came crated and needed all the parts to be put back on it. It went for ~$500, and at that time, you could still see who was bidding and e-mail them. I wanted to buy it, but I had 9 cars at the time. I asked the guy to send me pictures, and he did when it arrived and he unboxed everything. He said it was as amazing of a deal as I thought it was. Like... a $20k paint job, and professional engine rebuild... which turned out to be an Abarth-tuned engine. It was still missing some parts, but basically just needed to be put back together. The story was a guy who was restoring it died before he could put it together, and some friend helped the wife sell it all on eBay. The guy was like.... this should have been a $20k auction.

I still kick myself... but as they say... NO RAGRETS!!!!

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2023 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was a 1960s something Fiat 850 Spyder that I almost bought on eBay about 14 years ago.

The only engine I've ever been able to remove in one piece with the transaxle connected and carry it by hand across the garage

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2023 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The only engine I've ever been able to remove in one piece with the transaxle connected and carry it by hand across the garage

Haha! For me, it was a the Turbo engine out of a Pontiac Firefly. It's Canada's performance version of the GeoMetro 3cyl that came with a turbo. I saw one sitting in the yard. It was attached to a manual transmission, with one of the axle-shafts still attached, and a wheel hub on the other side. I was able to pick the whole thing up with one arm... and easily drag it 30-40 feet in the junkyard. I felt so strong... haha!!!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2023 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The body lines are not just adjusting the door but re-working the panels. The belt trim shows that unless those doors crack when opening with bad pins that is how it will sit.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2023 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebay shows that the bidder has made one bid only. That should tell the story right there. Look for this Fiero to be relisted soon.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2023 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The owner of the jalopy and the "stooge" are probably one and the same. As you've suggested, we'll probably see this Fiero re-listed. Todd will have another crack at it.
PFF
System Bot
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2023 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2023 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a machine! Now that a second chance has miraculously availed itself, I simply must have this car!

Look at that potent power plant. Very very impressive. It... it... it moves me!

It's no use, Todd. I will outbid you no matter how high you go. This Fiero belongs in my driveway, and in my driveway alone!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-10-2023).]

sleek fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2023 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd , Patrick I am going to outbid you both. I want to be the guy to burn it ! sleek
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2023 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, fine... we'll see who has the most dollars and the least cents sense. lol

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-11-2023).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hope that whosever "won" is compensated
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Son of a *****!!! I don't need this to be for sale again!!!
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Son of a *****!!! I don't need this to be for sale again!!!

You beat me to it. It's been re-listed! That's a sign that you MUST buy it! Resistance is futile!

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, look... I need you guys to talk me out of it. And rust and a shitty engine isn't a problem. I've known how to weld for like 20 years, and I have no problems putting literally anything in there. I would shoot PMs to Lou Dias and the other guys who do the roller cam V6/60s and I'd have a crate motor coming to my door within a week... and my biggest issue would be everyone criticizing me for not going balls-out on aftermarket rocker arms.

So tell me why I shouldn't buy this? From what I can tell, this is literally the MERA body kit before it became "MERA."

The trashed interior just means that I'll now have to pay someone in Little Havana to leather-wrap and stitch every interior component of the car.

If this car was in Florida, it would already be in my driveway. Literally the only thing keeping me from buying it is having to deal with a shipping company... because I'm sure the seller has no interest in handling that.

I hate you all (not really)...
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2023 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want that thing too! I got enuf on my plate tho, didnt see it relisted.

Did find this beauty tho
https://www.ebay.com/itm/30...0kR07MdTxlYw%2BKntKt dXYLxu0r3wcYIDWuC7Wd0izY6oCYDP%2BZtkX8stH%2Fss2joniR4ZGY8nNnaTbwJsQsKknHDW4MzAnYNVFX5TGsO0NfcfmoY4phm7II5ayg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9zu08u8Yg
That pic w the front body off and just the frame and motor, wow. Id drive it like that lol

Peep this custom creation
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27...afCZCiztRANS51UzHf3v wA4WfDE1bONz1mmka20sZEC%2BIdhbOnEuL3FjkaF8fjm0xH7NR3ybxc3gIrXhX77ub%2BJA85RSB87inTiSLHZLIBTJG4QSrBcMh0cN9ZEb%2BIklObG0JareXZKmk1SkkW1OdO5SJ3wDeuPsXpmd%2Fkhx%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7DP8Mu8Yg
I like it!

And some yard art
https://www.ebay.com/itm/13...imuyTaNp3Qe3B9zCzY%2 BUppwH4NkIdYQqdfKPMQc8T7LHehBIyvY0y2x4hQqka4hiYKaN6URlSTCOMUhes4QOrMDy%2BAfZU9ZyU3PFyB9uwQPdyTcK%2FysaxJgso2YIPD5w%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7DP8Mu8Yg
That thing looks funny, definitely a head turner tho lol

Always something cool popping up on ebay, im always looking for a partially finished diablo kit

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock