Roof scoop by fredtoast
Started on: 08-16-2023 08:04 AM
Replies: 16 (408 views)
Last post by: fredtoast on 08-21-2023 01:30 AM
fredtoast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2023 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of a small roof scoop like this that could be fitted to a Fiero

I don't care for the big "snorkel" type scoops, but I really like this small one.

[This message has been edited by fredtoast (edited 08-16-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I have ever seen one like that, just the snorkel kind. If that is the look you are after you will probably need to make your own.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

Anyone know of a small roof scoop like this that could be fitted to a Fiero

Just curious... what would be the purpose for it?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to really search for this one. When Fierofiberglass was in business, Jimmy sold a fiberglass panel to replace the sunroof. He also made a panel with a scoop.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-16-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

He also made a panel with a scoop.

Hmmm... that panel doesn't seem to follow the curvature of the roof.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hmmm... that panel doesn't seem to follow the curvature of the roof.

None of them did, not even just the blank panel version. I have no idea why they made that so flat instead of curved.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2023 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

None of them did, not even just the blank panel version.

Couldn't have helped sales any. Once the word got out that they didn't fit properly, who'd want to buy them? That's kind of weird.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2023 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2023 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious... what would be the purpose for it?

Prevent dome light overheating.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2023 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prevent dome light overheating.

I was serious though, what would be the purpose? There are simpler ways to bring air into the cab.

If any of those roof scoops pictured above are actually functional, I'd be interested to know how well rain water is kept out of the cab.

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2023 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was serious though, what would be the purpose? There are simpler ways to bring air into the cab.

If any of those roof scoops pictured above are actually functional, I'd be interested to know how well rain water is kept out of the cab.

I found this

https://www.tuningblog.eu/e...t-roof-scoop-228130/

"Surely you have ever wondered why some rally cars have a small air scoop on the roof, a so-called Roof scoop, Among other things, this method is used to ventilate the interior, but that is not the main reason, otherwise any racing car used in circuit racing would have an air scoop on the roof, so that the driver wearing a helmet would be optimally equipped with cooling air and Oxygen is supplied. The real reason why rally vehicles wear a roof scoop is that the air pressure in the interior is slightly increased, which means that much less dust and sand from the rally route into the interior."

PFF
System Bot
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2023 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2023 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera:

Not going to lie, that actually looks pretty awesome. However, looking out the rear window is probably useless anymore. ha
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2023 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Not going to lie, that actually looks pretty awesome. However, looking out the rear window is probably useless anymore. ha

Well, I've never able to zee out of the rear view mirror anywayz. I'm going with a rear view camera inztead.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2023 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please tell me you are going to put a wheel of intake blades in that thing so it looks like the front of a jet engine.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2023 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please tell me you are going to put a wheel of intake blades in that thing so it looks like the front of a jet engine.

If you look inside, the air filter looks like a turbine propeller.

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2023 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you look inside, the air filter looks like a turbine propeller.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock