carpets installation by mencalico
Started on: 09-02-2023 10:51 AM
Replies: 22 (384 views)
Last post by: A_Lonely_Potato on 09-10-2023 10:30 PM
mencalico

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2023 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mencalicoSend a Private Message to mencalicoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have two sets of carpet, both in pretty good condition. One of the cars is going to the junkyard.

I have heard of people installing new carpet directly over the old stuff because it really keeps road noise down. Could a similar thing be done with two sets of stock carpet? Or is it more trouble than its worth?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you put new carpet over old carpet in your home?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most just get sound deadener to put under their existing or new carpet.
Different strokes for different folks

shem
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have carpeted over my original carpet but my carpet is perfect and wanted to change color. My car has very low milage.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 09-03-2023).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mencalico:

So I have two sets of carpet, both in pretty good condition. One of the cars is going to the junkyard.

I have heard of people installing new carpet directly over the old stuff because it really keeps road noise down. Could a similar thing be done with two sets of stock carpet? Or is it more trouble than its worth?

Seems to me you've got some explaining to do.

Originally posted by Threedog Here:

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mencalico turns out to be a PM scammer. He scours The Mall and sends PMs to anyone looking for a part claiming he knows someone who probably has it. You email that person, he just so happens to have that exact part, you send money which you then never see again. Nor do you ever get that part.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Mencalico turns out to be a PM scammer. He scours The Mall and sends PMs to anyone looking for a part claiming he knows someone who probably has it. You email that person, he just so happens to have that exact part, you send money which you then never see again. Nor do you ever get that part.

Good save! Thanks.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since this is resolved, I have a question for Patrick. How the hell did you find an exact quote from 2017?

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
I have a question for Patrick. How the hell did you find an exact quote from 2017?

Yes Indeed, Inquiring Minds Want to Know.........?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a question for Patrick. How the hell did you find an exact quote from 2017?

The post at the top of this page seemed somewhat familiar to me. I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner last night, but for some reason I appear to be able to recall bits and pieces of old forum posts. So in this instance, all I did was copy one sentence from the post and paste it into the forum's Search utility. As long as the parameters are set correctly, the utility works very well... which it did. It found the post from 2017 2016.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-04-2023).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The post at the top of this page seemed somewhat familiar to me. I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner last night, but for some reason I appear to be able to recall bits and pieces of old forum posts. So in this instance, all I did was copy one sentence from the post and paste it into the forum's Search utility. As long as the parameters are set correctly, the utility works very well... which it did. It found the post from 2017 2016.

Man, you love that damn search function
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man, you love that damn search function

Judging from some of the questions I see asked here every day, I think I'm the only one who uses it!

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm,

If I copy "So I have two sets of carpet, both in pretty good condition" and paste it into the "Search" and select "Entire Forum" and select "Subject" I get:

"Your search - So two sets carpet, both pretty good condition - in section Entire Forum + Archives did not return any results."

If I select "Entire Thread" I get:

690 Threads for "So I have two sets of carpet, both in pretty good condition"

Clearly, I don't know how to set the parameters correctly!

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 09-04-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2023 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

If I select "Entire Thread" I get:

690 Threads for "So I have two sets of carpet, both in pretty good condition"

Clearly, I don't know how to set the parameters correctly!

Okay, here's the secret... use the quotation marks around the sentence in the Search box. Do that, and you'll get two threads... this one and the original thread that the opening post appeared in. Piece of cake.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-05-2023).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good work @Cliff as i have been screwed over many times with cars. I also exposed scammer and got a refund from here over my seats.
Off topic general not fiero talk.
When taking any car to new place I will say just keep evidence of everything along with updated photos to at least prove you had it or have it. I have had parts knocked off so much it disheartened me as enthusiast. I wish i took regular pics so had something to back myself up. I have had some huge losses due to theft in life but happening more and more even when trying to buy lunch these days. This scene isn't the lambo ferrari crowd just a bunch of guys trying to get some performance or enjoyment out of our skeletal dream. Screw these people taking advantage as we are likely going without something to complete a refurbish.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick
Okay, here's the secret...

I see, said the blind man; thanks for the lesson!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Good work @Cliff ...

Really, Patrick deserves all the credit. He was the one who noticed the oddness of his posts. I simply confirmed what he already expected.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock (In'The Mall')
Well, Patrick was the one who noticed some odd behavior (and) gave me the heads up....

And I 'second the motion' with Good Job Patrick Well Done!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You never know what these scammers are up to. I just didn't want to see the forum itself possibly harmed or any member taken advantage of. I appreciate Cliff's quick job of removing the threat!
A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Judging from some of the questions I see asked here every day, I think I'm the only one who uses it!

please, i always use it. speaking of, i tried looking and couldn't find any answers, but my clutch doesnt work. whats the problem?
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Lonely_Potato
please, i always use it. speaking of, i tried looking and couldn't find any answers, but my clutch doesnt work. whats the problem?

Did you put a foot on the pedal......?
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2023 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

Did you put a foot on the pedal......?

And was it the left pedal?

A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2023 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh wow guys thank you so much!!! i was just pushing harder on the right most pedal and forcing the shifter into place! works much smoother and less grindy now. thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock