Poster? /Advertisement? by 88TTops
Started on: 09-28-2023 08:53 PM
Replies: 12 (246 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 10-06-2023 08:18 PM
88TTops

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2023 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I am looking for this poster or advertisement. My dad who gave me my fiero laughed so hard when I showed him this. He said the girl in the middle looks exactly like the women he bought or fiero from. He gave me his baby knowing i had a good knack for mechanics and keeping my cars up to par. (general maintenance, cleaning washing etc) Dose anyone know where i could buy this? I want to frame it under my other fiero poster my dad framed in the late 90's
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2023 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was an ad but I have no idea where you could get a full size copy. Here is a larger image.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-28-2023).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2023 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but when running a Google search for the above image, I found this Euro site with quite a few Fiero posters.

Pit Stop: Pontiac Fiero, it's time for redemption

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2023 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk to mrfiero. He bought the entire remaining stock of T-top parts, and maybe some of the posters, too.
If he doesn't have them, talk to fieroparts.com on this forum. That's who had all of that stuff, originally.

Edit - If that doesn't work, post in the mall and ask. Someone has one, for sure.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-29-2023).]

88TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2023 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

That was an ad but I have no idea where you could get a full size copy. Here is a larger image.

thanks for the larger image. I am afraid that if i send it to someone to make it a poster it will look stretched out and crappy.
88TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2023 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88TTops

32 posts
Member since Aug 2023

Originally posted by Raydar:

Talk to mrfiero. He bought the entire remaining stock of T-top parts, and maybe some of the posters, too.
If he doesn't have them, talk to fieroparts.com on this forum. That's who had all of that stuff, originally.

Edit - If that doesn't work, post in the mall and ask. Someone has one, for sure.

I will have to try this thank you!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2023 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was the cover of the Cars and Concepts catalog for the Fiero TTop. They show up on EBay. It was just 4 sided if I recall.

There also was a poster that is similar but not the same. It too shows up on EBay.

I have both but they are packed away.

There were some older advertising too but they are more rare. I have one from 1984 as that was the first year they offered he TTop as a dealer installed option through Cars and Concepts.
88TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2023 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

That was the cover of the Cars and Concepts catalog for the Fiero TTop. They show up on EBay. It was just 4 sided if I recall.

There also was a poster that is similar but not the same. It too shows up on EBay.

I have both but they are packed away.

There were some older advertising too but they are more rare. I have one from 1984 as that was the first year they offered he TTop as a dealer installed option through Cars and Concepts.

O wow! i am learning more and more about the fiero! I personally did not know that they even offered the TTop in earlier years. Maybe I should have looked for a cars and concepts add as opposed to a fiero add.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2023 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88TTops:

O wow! i am learning more and more about the fiero! I personally did not know that they even offered the TTop in earlier years. Maybe I should have looked for a cars and concepts add as opposed to a fiero add.

Some like to try to make the 88 TTops more rare than they really are.

The truth is over 7,000 kit were made. The first was offer in 84 the last kit was installed around 91-92 at Cars And Concepts. By then they were call Skylite Roofs. It was during a Fiero event.

The roof were installed bybthe main shop and trained C&C installers retailers.

The 88 was ordered as a factory too but the cars were delivered to C&C. The same people installing most of the others were the same people. One seal was different. Parts are interchangeable.

The very first ones used a slightly larger glass but they are rare. They went to a smaller glass and a metal band on the roof.

Now out of those kits sime were installed in kit cars and a number of them were broken up for warranty parts.

So there may have been just over 6,000 kits installed in Fiero’s. Still a somewhat low number but not exceedingly rare.

What is rare are parts today as no one is really making most of the parts. Most good parts are on cars and if scrapped they are picked up quick.

I coined the term Fiero death Grip as to how to hold a Fiero top as finding a good glass is not easy or cheap like say for a Corvette.

Not many Pontiac dealers prior to 1988 would send cars to C&C and have the tops installed and sold as new. My local dealer did this. They had an add on sticker like the 88 too.

Pontiac considered it an approved dealer installed option. In other words they would not void the warranty.

Not much on modern cars is considered rate today as limited options are just not done like they used to do. While the TTops are not scarce they are limited in modern terms. Good condition ones more so.

Just watch EBay and some of these posters and books pop up. Some Pontiac merchandiser books will have the TTop page if not missing.

Local C&C installers also had their own hand outs too.

Mine was installed by the local dealer installer. Two days installed by one guy.

Sone of the local installs were a little better lined up than some of the plant cars. Just an ofservation I have made over the years. Much may come down to just who did it.
88TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2023 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some like to try to make the 88 TTops more rare than they really are.

The truth is over 7,000 kit were made. The first was offer in 84 the last kit was installed around 91-92 at Cars And Concepts. By then they were call Skylite Roofs. It was during a Fiero event.

The roof were installed bybthe main shop and trained C&C installers retailers.

The 88 was ordered as a factory too but the cars were delivered to C&C. The same people installing most of the others were the same people. One seal was different. Parts are interchangeable.

The very first ones used a slightly larger glass but they are rare. They went to a smaller glass and a metal band on the roof.

Now out of those kits sime were installed in kit cars and a number of them were broken up for warranty parts.

So there may have been just over 6,000 kits installed in Fiero’s. Still a somewhat low number but not exceedingly rare.

What is rare are parts today as no one is really making most of the parts. Most good parts are on cars and if scrapped they are picked up quick.

I coined the term Fiero death Grip as to how to hold a Fiero top as finding a good glass is not easy or cheap like say for a Corvette.

Not many Pontiac dealers prior to 1988 would send cars to C&C and have the tops installed and sold as new. My local dealer did this. They had an add on sticker like the 88 too.

Pontiac considered it an approved dealer installed option. In other words they would not void the warranty.

Not much on modern cars is considered rate today as limited options are just not done like they used to do. While the TTops are not scarce they are limited in modern terms. Good condition ones more so.

Just watch EBay and some of these posters and books pop up. Some Pontiac merchandiser books will have the TTop page if not missing.

Local C&C installers also had their own hand outs too.

Mine was installed by the local dealer installer. Two days installed by one guy.

Sone of the local installs were a little better lined up than some of the plant cars. Just an ofservation I have made over the years. Much may come down to just who did it.

This is good but I am basing my information off of GM's actual build list. I am not trying to make my car more rare, I am just getting the information on it. I never plan to sell my fiero I LOVE IT. There may have been a bunch of kits installed, but I am more interested in how many GM had ordered personally as a build for a customer. Someone who ordered it that way, and I like the advertisement I think it will look cool on my wall. Also my father who gave me the car knows about all this as he accidently broke one of the original glass panels . CC sent him a box that had a mustang on it, and it fit. So I know these kits were made for multiple cars, again I am just interested in my car.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2023 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1252 88 t tops made 614 GT.

Now this is just a CJB code car. The C&C independent installs and ones retrofitted from junked cars will add to that too.

That is the GM number they sent to C&C for conversion.

As for the Mustang tops they are different. Close but not the same. It might have had a Mustang on the box but they used a number of cars on their advertising and labels.

C&C supplied Ford, GM and Chryslers over the years in the early 80’s. Each was tailored for each application hence the lack of parts today.

You can figure 1252 GM ordered cars plus at least 5,000 dealer and customer ordered conversions. No exact figure on this but it did come from the owner of Skylite roofs.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 10-06-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
88TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2023 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1252 88 t tops made 614 GT.

Now this is just a CJB code car. The C&C independent installs and ones retrofitted from junked cars will add to that too.

That is the GM number they sent to C&C for conversion.

As for the Mustang tops they are different. Close but not the same. It might have had a Mustang on the box but they used a number of cars on their advertising and labels.

C&C supplied Ford, GM and Chryslers over the years in the early 80’s. Each was tailored for each application hence the lack of parts today.

You can figure 1252 GM ordered cars plus at least 5,000 dealer and customer ordered conversions. No exact figure on this but it did come from the owner of Skylite roofs.

Have you ever seen the T-tops that can also vent?

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2023 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88TTops:

Have you ever seen the T-tops that can also vent?

Not on a Fiero. But yes these were some after market ones that never lasted for other cars. They were in a Cutlass.

I have only seen two kinds in a Fiero. One like the normal one and the early tops that did not have the metal band over the roof and were wider. They were very rare.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock