Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gen-Z-Garage : Episode 14 - Visiting Larry Hubbert's Fiero Depot!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gen-Z-Garage : Episode 14 - Visiting Larry Hubbert's Fiero Depot! by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 12-13-2023 02:21 PM
Replies: 12 (262 views)
Last post by: KissMySSFiero on 12-18-2023 01:33 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2023 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again for everyone who supports my daughter by watching her videos. She took a break a few weeks ago from working on the car, and we instead took a trip to Larry Hubbert's Florida Fiero Depot to see his collection of Fieros and Fiero parts at his storage lot and warehouse. We picked up a lot of awesome parts!

She's about 3 videos behind, but this is the most recent that's ready to post. Audio was really bad. She had an entire video, and the SD-card corrupted (never had that happen). Then finally when she re-interviewed him, there was an emergency at one of the near-by lots with a lady screaming, and an ambulance and then a whole fire truck came by. It was literally one thing after another, and I had to use some machine-learning processor to try to filter out the fire truck. No matter how many times we re-did the interview, there was some act of God or some crazy thing going on... so hopefully you can still hear the interview.

Thank you for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHSvrFnWoCM
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PhatMax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2023 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the videos ! So great seeing younger kids getting into cars. Slight criticism….the background music is too loud.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2023 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm enjoying all of these videos but I need to take advantage of this one.
Your daughter should have asked why he never returns emails or phone calls to the people on here who want to buy things from him.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-13-2023).]

richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2023 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'm enjoying all of these videos but I need to take advantage of this one.
Your daughter should have asked why he never returns emails or phone calls to the people on here who want to buy things from him.

thats happened to me too.last week.
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2023 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry is hard to get a hold of but when you do he is very nice to deal with. He also has other things going on in his life and might get distracted. Drove over there one day to pick up an ecm tray.

[This message has been edited by jdv (edited 12-14-2023).]

richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2023 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdv:

Larry is hard to get a hold of but when you do he very nice to deal with. He also has other things going on in his life and might get distracted. Drove over there one day to pick up an ecm tray.

my only complaint is twice i placed wanted ads in the mall for items.larry said he might have one.no farther replies.i try to give people a little time before i start looking again.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2023 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!!!

Larry is a really good guy. He's the kind of person we all strive to be at his age. The man is 80+ years old, and works 4 days a week in a normal job, and then spends 2 days a week at the Fiero Depot, and the last day with family. The man never rests, is always working. So to say he's busy is putting it mildly. I think the best thing to do is to reach him on Facebook... which he said is much easier to get a hold of him. I don't personally have a Facebook account, so I reached out to him via e-mail and scheduled a time to go meet with him.

He has a LOT of stuff... a LOT of stuff. I'll say that for the most part though, the parts he has are primarily for GTs. He doesn't actually have a lot of 4-cyl specific parts, so if you're looking for 4 cyl stuff, he doesn't have it. He primarily carries 1986.5+ GT parts, with an emphasis on 88s. So if you're looking for those parts, and you can make the trip, I think it's worth your while.

He has a lot of general V6 stuff too... brackets, etc. So if you need any brackets and some such, he has that also. But it's a lot for him to go through. He recently moved from one warehouse to another, so he's still somewhat sorting through everything. I know he sells a lot of stuff to Canada (something about selling cars in parts so it gets past the tax man in Canada, hahah)... but you just gotta be patient and keep reaching out to him.
sleek fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2023 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd the tax man still gets you on used parts in Canada. Tristen Just gave me an intake manifold for the price of shipping and customs still wanted $17 duty. sleek
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2023 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How far are you from Larry's?

I'm about 10 minutes from his shop.

Did you need 4 cylinder parts? I have a 2.5 from an 88 that I pulled to install a v6.
You can have it if you want to pick it up.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2023 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Larry still around?? We were talking all the first part of the year and then after the 40th he dropped off. I've tried various email, here, PMs. Does anyone know how to contact him?

Thank you.
Matthew_Fiero
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2023 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

How far are you from Larry's?

I'm about 10 minutes from his shop.

Did you need 4 cylinder parts? I have a 2.5 from an 88 that I pulled to install a v6.
You can have it if you want to pick it up.

Hi! Yes... definitely, I would love to have those parts. I'll take whatever you're willing to give me. There's a few things specifically I need, but I'd also love to have all the 88 brackets so I can convert her car to the newer belt tensioner (which requires some modification to work, but still worth it in my mind).

Do you want anything? I'll take it all if you don't want it. I'm located about 45 minutes away, but have no problem driving out there.

Thank you!
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2023 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

23706 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Originally posted by Matthew_Fiero:

Is Larry still around?? We were talking all the first part of the year and then after the 40th he dropped off. I've tried various email, here, PMs. Does anyone know how to contact him?

Thank you.
Matthew_Fiero

Hi Matthew, he said the easiest way to get a hold of him is through his Facebook messenger account. If you watch the video, it's near the end. I don't remember what it is.

I don't have Facebook though, so can't help you, but he said he checks that much more frequently.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2023 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hi! Yes... definitely, I would love to have those parts. I'll take whatever you're willing to give me. There's a few things specifically I need, but I'd also love to have all the 88 brackets so I can convert her car to the newer belt tensioner (which requires some modification to work, but still worth it in my mind).

Do you want anything? I'll take it all if you don't want it. I'm located about 45 minutes away, but have no problem driving out there.

Thank you!

I sent you a PM.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock