Another Fiero made it to my house. by bjc 350
Started on: 08-02-2024 12:59 PM
Replies: 9 (247 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 08-04-2024 07:48 PM
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2024 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it happened again! A week ago I traveled over to Chinook, Wa. after my yoga class. One of my coworkers had told me that a Fiero was for sale there. Sure enough, an 88 Formula, 5 speed. Ugly as could be and needing a lot of stuff. But it ran and drove. Owner was outside working on his truck so I approached him with a few questions, like "how much are you asking?" The response surprised me, "I'll give it to you since I am moving to Arkansas and can't afford to take it with me." I said I didn't expect it for free so I'd give him $200 for it and that was OK with him. But I didn't have a driver to get it home so I offered him $250 if he would drive it 45 minutes to my house and I would drive him back home. Fine, was the answer. So I ran back over to Astoria, to get some cash from my bank, returned, gave him the money , got the title and off we went to my house. So after title, tags, plates and such being another $262 I now have another project at my advanced age of 80! Wasn't going to do any more projects.
So, attached are a few pictures of my find. I'll update when progress is made on this, yes, 216,000 mile Formula. Anybody have any Beechwood interior like drivers seat? Appears to be option 66B Pallex cloth.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2024 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Considering how old these cars are... and it's 2024... and not 2000 like when you could get them cheap... this car is in fantastic shape. Just needs paint and some TLC, and I bet it's awesome.
BingB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2024 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are 80 years old and have "co-workers"?

You are my hero.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2024 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

You are 80 years old and have "co-workers"? You are my hero.

This is no doubt a contributing factor to his healthy longevity!

Originally posted by bjc 350:

...after my yoga class.

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2024 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, 80 I am. Turned 80 in March and have been working at the same company since 1969. About 16 years ago I semi retired and have been working two days a week since except when on vacation, etc. I was going to retire when 80, but too many friends have dropped by the wayside and I figured working kept a bit of normalcy in my life so why quit now. And it pays for the car/Fiero hobby since this makes car number twelve. Insurance and license is not cheap nowadays!
I've had about 10 Fiero's since 2005 and this one was too cheap to pass up. This one has a third gear syncro that is due for replacement, but I have another Getrag that I will put in. Runs and drives with good brakes. 216k miles no smoke and little oil consumption. The previous owner said he didn't think the engine had been rebuilt. He owned it for 19 years and daily drove it to his job until last few years. He claims to have changed oil every 3000 miles. Air filter was new. Paint will take a while since their are plenty of spots failing on the roof and hood along with a few other places. Repairs will take a while. We have three other Fiero's that are modified. I'm going to try to keep this one near stock if I can find some Beechwood items, especially the driver seat. Minor rust on drivers side upper trunk floor near wheel well. Pretty sure that is all the rust through. No salt on Oregon/Washington highways.
The repair I haven't done before is to replace a broken exhaust manifold stud. It is on the rear manifold at far right upper bolt. But I will be dropping the cradle to replace the transmission and will try the repair then.
Wondering if anyone has a set of black lace 88 wheels since that is what it came with. Might settle for gold lace, since they would look better with a black car, but were not available on a Formula as I understand.
Anyway that is the updates so far. Have been cleaning and removed the plastic cowl cover and painted some surface rust areas there and cleaned out 30 plus years of leaves, dirt, and conifer needles.
Thanks for looking.

[This message has been edited by bjc 350 (edited 08-02-2024).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2024 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice score! That will clean up nicely. I have a set of wheels, pm me your email

shem
HarryT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2024 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryTSend a Private Message to HarryTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your story sounds a little like mine. I retired at 62, went back to work at 72 for 2 days a week and now 13 years later am still maintaining a fleet of 65 golf carts, 12 service carts and a lot of members carts at a country club here in SC. I need the extra money and it keeps me in fairly good shape. Me and my spouse of 65 years still enjoy drives in the mountains in our Fiero and hope to keep up our life style for as long as we can.
Best of luck to you for many more years.
Harry
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2024 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a hell of a score! Good on you^^
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2024 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bjc 350:
Anybody have any Beechwood interior like drivers seat?

Remember to use 'The Mall' and post 'Wanted-To-Buy' for the interior parts you need and perhaps sent a PM to member Larry Hubert as he has a collection of Fieros and Fiero parts plus I believe he is around 80-year-old and still working too!

Gen-Z-Garage : Episode 14 - Visiting Larry Hubbert's Fiero Depot! by 82-T/A [At Work]
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/100589.html

Larry Hubert:
Part of the problem is that when people PM me on here or on FB and even Direct emails they do not use their true names or they have multiple names on all of the different venues which gets rather confusing. There are times that the same person has used a different name at the same time looking for the same part on all 3 venues. It is very hard to follow and also keep track of especially since I only do this part time with somewhat limited hours, since I still work a fulltime job just like most people on here.

That having been said, can you please tell me more about your Fiero needs and I promise you an answer. I always do my best to get back to everyone who contacts me ASAP. I always send HiRes Pix of the actual parts I will be sending, so there is no regrets or surprises when they get their order in their hands and see that it is exactly as stated. I have many satisfied customers worldwide acquired over the many years I have been selling Fiero parts and I specialize in 88's. I sincerely hope that this clears thing up a bit and if I can be of any help, please contact me on Facebook Messenger (Larry Hubbert), PM on Pennock's (Larry Hubbert) and/or direct at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM. Also please use your true name and/or provide me with the names you use on other venues in order to avoid any confusion.

Of course, don't forget MrMikes Fiero Kits
http://www.mrmikes.com/fierohome.htm

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 08-03-2024).]

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2024 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem, you have a PM.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock