Is it cammed or running like **** ? by Additivewalnut
Started on: 08-25-2024 09:23 PM
Replies: 5 (68 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-13-2024 01:26 AM
Additivewalnut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2024 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick should get a kick from this.

I bought a 1967 Caprice and attempted to do a Vice Grip Garage/Junkyard Digs and get it running for the first time since 1981. I failed. Or more accurately I found out the reason the car was parked in 1981 is because the 327 blew up. Go figure. I went and got a random 350 off marketplace and it had chrome valve covers so how could I pass it up? Got it running this afternoon and I can't help but notice that it sounds like it's got a cam in it! That being said, I don't know for sure... I've never had a cammed car, I don't know how they act. Is it actually cammed or is it running like **** ? It doesn't shake, it responds well to throttle... I think that means she's running on all 8?

Possible cam video
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2024 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Additivewalnut:

I bought a 1967 Caprice and attempted to do a Vice Grip Garage/Junkyard Digs and get it running for the first time since 1981. I failed. Or more accurately I found out the reason the car was parked in 1981 is because the 327 blew up. Go figure. I went and got a random 350 off marketplace and it had chrome valve covers so how could I pass it up? Got it running this afternoon and I can't help but notice that it sounds like it's got a cam in it! That being said, I don't know for sure... I've never had a cammed car, I don't know how they act. Is it actually cammed or is it running like **** ? It doesn't shake, it responds well to throttle... I think that means she's running on all 8?

Possible cam video

sounds like my heavily modified 289 (long story) so yeah its got a cam..not too big of one based on its nice and snappy throttle response and fairly decent idle quality.
probably an RV grind or something just a touch more aggressive.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2024 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cartercarbaficionado:

sounds like my heavily modified 289 (long story) so yeah its got a cam..not too big of one based on its nice and snappy throttle response and fairly decent idle quality.
probably an RV grind or something just a touch more aggressive.

I don't know.

I think it is the chrome valve covers.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh it's cammed and running beautifully. Don't change a thing.
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Oh it's cammed and running beautifully. Don't change a thing.

Couldn't agree more.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2024 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Additivewalnut:

He did, he did! (...except for the vertical video. )

Oh man, that brings back fond memories. My '67 Caprice had a cammed 396 with solid lifters... but big block or small block, a lumpy cam sounds heavenly.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but it's been quite awhile since I've checked this sub-section!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-14-2024).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock