WTB: Heads up Display from Grand Prix by Matthew_Fiero
Started on: 07-10-2024 09:17 AM
Replies: 3 (35 views)
Last post by: rbell2915 on 09-14-2024 07:24 AM
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2024 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a heads up display unit from a 1994 to 1996 Grand Prix.

I had one for so many years and now when I go to look into integrating this into the Fiero it's no where to be seen.

Thank you!
Matthew
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cartercarbaficionado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2024 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine just broke a few days ago (huge hole in the circuit board from a component failing) you can use a 2001 unit as it's a similar wiring to the 96 and much much easier to find. another option is a 93-94 pldsmobile bravada with the compass display which is an obd1 part so that should integrate right in with no issues. there's alot of driver information units that gm made that could work with the fiero ecu.
also just look for early w body dic units in general. like Berettas, Monte Carlo, even some Isuzu models
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2024 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cartercarbaficionado:

mine just broke a few days ago (huge hole in the circuit board from a component failing) you can use a 2001 unit as it's a similar wiring to the 96 and much much easier to find. another option is a 93-94 pldsmobile bravada with the compass display which is an obd1 part so that should integrate right in with no issues. there's alot of driver information units that gm made that could work with the fiero ecu.
also just look for early w body dic units in general. like Berettas, Monte Carlo, even some Isuzu models

Thank you for sharing this and I'm sorry to hear yours broke. Are you going to be replacing it?

I am running OBDII on a 3800SC so perhaps the 1997 to 2003 model would also work for me.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2024 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still need this? I visit the yard from time to time and can keep a lookout. I did grab one for the same project, the housing is massive. You'd likely need to remove everything so it's just the circuit board and the display without the mirrors.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock