Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  A man just won “Miss Netherlands” 2023 (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A man just won “Miss Netherlands” 2023 by Jake_Dragon
Started on: 07-09-2023 10:55 AM
Replies: 60 (918 views)
Last post by: fredtoast on 07-26-2023 02:17 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I don't think I have ever posted something in a thread marked as politics but I read so much stupidity here, I just have to chime in.
The other day, I saw a YouTube video of some court case in the States (where else?) where the parents of the children were trying to get a teacher fired because she was born a male but now identified herself as female. One of the parents had dressed up as a cat and said to the judge "I identify myself as a cat" to make a point how "ridiculous" the teacher was.

I'm sorry, but if anyone should be taken out of the gene-pool, it's those parents. First of all, there exists no biological pathway for a cat to be accidentally born as a human.

Well, of course there is!!

Here's imaging from the the world famous and universally accepted documentary...
The humanoid on the far left was once a cat and still exhibits a bit of feline characteristics.

IP: Logged
fredtoast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I don't think I have ever posted something in a thread marked as politics but I read so much stupidity here, I just have to chime in.
The other day, I saw a YouTube video of some court case in the States (where else?) where the parents of the children were trying to get a teacher fired because she was born a male but now identified herself as female. One of the parents had dressed up as a cat and said to the judge "I identify myself as a cat" to make a point how "ridiculous" the teacher was.

I'm sorry, but if anyone should be taken out of the gene-pool, it's those parents. First of all, there exists no biological pathway for a cat to be accidentally born as a human.

Well, of course there is!!

Sorry, but I have no idea what either of those images are. Could you post a link or explain what they mean?
Here's imaging from the the world famous and universally accepted documentary...
The humanoid on the far left was once a cat and still exhibits a bit of feline characteristics.

[/QUOTE]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but I have no idea what either of those images are.

Perhaps you have lived either a very a sheltered & deprived life or one of extreme upper caste indulgence?
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps you have lived either a very a sheltered & deprived life or one of extreme upper caste indulgence?

The reason does not really matter, does it?

Could I please have a link that explains what they are. When I enlarge the one with writing it becomes to blurry to read.

If you are proud of the facts you have found the you should be eager to post a link explaining what they are.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MJ, I'm just going to warn you right now. You and I don't always agree politically... but you know that we can all have a normal conversation with people like Patrick, or even Rinse... or even you and I debating something that we have opposite views on. Do not even bother to engage fredtoast.

I'm not entirely convinced that he isn't a retread from a formerly banned member, but he acts as though he's someone that just recently got access to the internet, and does not understand how to have a conversation. If you listen to me, I'll save you a lot of time and effort. Don't even bother engaging him. There is nothing, ever, that you could possibly say that would ever make him go "hmm." There are things that have been settled fact for decades that he continues to insist is not right. Think of him as a flat-Earther on everything political... or a pig in the mud that just likes to get dirty.

I've gotten better by trying to ignore him, but I've already wasted untold hours replying to his nonsense posts here in politics... time that I'll never get back and has no redeeming value.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

MJ, I'm just going to warn you right now. You and I don't always agree politically... but you know that we can all have a normal conversation with people like Patrick, or even Rinse... or even you and I debating something that we have opposite views on. Do not even bother to engage fredtoast.

I'm quite sure that MJ can take care of himself.

In regards to fredtoast, I don't have any problem with him. For whatever reason, O/T (and now P&R) has always had a right-wing slant. It never hurts to have some semblance of balance in political "discussions".
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

37454 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by fredtoast:

Could I please have a link that explains what they are.

Red Dwarf

The show had/has a cult following. I never particularly enjoyed the series, but my cat occasionally requests we watch an episode or two.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm quite sure that MJ can take care of himself.

In regards to fredtoast, I don't have any problem with him. For whatever reason, O/T (and now P&R) has always had a right-wing slant. It never hurts to have some semblance of balance in political "discussions".

I think "discussion" is the key word here. Fredtoast seems obsessed with scoring proverbial points, and there's never actually a discussion, but an attempt to get everyone to submit ... which is a very immature (and worthless) perspective. It's why I get frustrated because there's never actually "discussion" ... he likely views everything as throwing jabs, and actual discussion is a distraction from making someone submit, no matter how, or even if it's totally unrelated. A win is a win... which is ridiculous.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]
I think "discussion" is the key word here. Fredtoast seems obsessed with scoring proverbial points, and there's never actually a discussion.......

I found out on P&R; lesson learned!
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Red Dwarf

The show had/has a cult following. I never particularly enjoyed the series, but my cat occasionally requests we watch an episode or two.

Thank you for the reply. I don't mind people posting "joke" replies in these threads. I do it myself sometimes.

What is unfortunate is that a few people here are letting their emotions drive their posting instead of the subject of the thread. I have been trying to keep on the original subject, but the last 8 posts (the entire page) have been more about me than the original thread subject. We could have moved on much quicker if Maryjane had just explained that he (she?) was posting a joke.

[This message has been edited by fredtoast (edited 07-24-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fredtoast seems obsessed with scoring proverbial points, and there's never actually a discussion, but an attempt to get everyone to submit ... which is a very immature (and worthless) perspective. It's why I get frustrated because there's never actually "discussion" ... he likely views everything as throwing jabs, and actual discussion is a distraction from making someone submit, no matter how, or even if it's totally unrelated. A win is a win... which is ridiculous.

Boo hoo, he's apparently not a Trump fan. Come on Todd, be honest... if fredtoast leaned to the right, you wouldn't have expressed one word of criticism about him!
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boo hoo, he's apparently not a Trump fan. Come on Todd, be honest... if fredtoast leaned to the right, you wouldn't have expressed one word of criticism about him!

Nah man, I can't stand that kind of behavior. He's super bitter. He might just be less annoying because none of it would be directed at me.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

We could have moved on much quicker if Maryjane had just explained that he (she?) was posting a joke.

You're new here, and therefore you don't know the personalities of the forum members. There's a whole cross-section of people here... smart ones, not-so-smart ones, jokesters, dullards, bullies, reserved individuals, potty-mouthed louts, leaders, sheep, zealots of all stripes, etc. Maryjane is a guy, and I don't think he'd mind too much if I described him as a respected, much traveled, well-rounded elder statesman. He's only a few years older than me, so I hope I can get away with that description.

A few of us like to kid around, even in a "serious" discussion. You'll just have to roll with the punches until you figure out who's doing what to whom.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-24-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're new here, and therefore you don't know the personalities of the forum members.

Which is why I'm starting to think "Asperger's"

We can't use this image anymore, because the internet has been around publicly for the past ~25 years for the majority of Americans.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're new here, and therefore you don't know the personalities of the forum members. There's a whole cross-section of people here... smart ones, not-so-smart ones, jokesters, dullards, bullies, reserved individuals, potty-mouthed louts, leaders, sheep, zealots of all stripes, etc. Maryjane is a guy, and I don't think he'd mind too much if I described him as a respected, much traveled, well-rounded elder statesman. He's only a few years older than me, so I hope I can get away with that description.

A few of us like to kid around, even in a "serious" discussion. You'll just have to roll with the punches until you figure out who's doing what to whom.

We also have amateur Internet doctors who specialize in providing their medical and psychiatric diagnoses of other forum members who fall outside of the generally Trump-friendly, pro-Republican, conservative-sounding Socio-Cultural Milieu that leading cosmologists have identified as an Emergent Property of the Pennock's universe.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-25-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

We also have amateur Internet doctors who specialize in providing their medical and psychiatric diagnoses of other forum members who fall outside of the generally Trump-friendly, pro-Republican, conservative-sounding Socio-Cultural Milieu that leading cosmologists have identified as an Emergent Property of the Pennock's universe.

I make no joke about it. Asperger's syndrome is on the spectrum, and it's what JazzMan had. For people with Asperger's, it's often not JUST physical inference that they lack (ability to discern behavioral cues), but in some cases it affects behavioral inference through digital interactions as well. It takes a psychiatrist to legally classify someone, but most things are generally pretty obvious... and having worked in very specific areas of tech and research, I come across a LOT of people with Asperger's. Quite honestly, I'd say more than not have it. It becomes more prevalent and diagnosed in people who have computer and research based careers because they often lack interaction. People with daily face to face interaction generally do better because they learn to adapt to certain cues that they learn (rather than coming inherently).

Unfortunately, this doesn't always translate on the internet. Everyone is different, but some people "get" conversation, or they do not. There's a lot of reasons why people like Fred come on to a message forum and immediately become aggressive towards anyone with a differing opinion. It could be that Fred immediately saw his opinions challenged and needed to defend them "at any cost," sort of the "radical leftist idea." Or it could be that he doesn't pick up on inference, and in addition to not having much experience on message boards, he never bothered to allow himself to settle in, and treats this more like he would Twitter or Facebook... which has far more to do with a lack of nuanced understanding than it does perhaps Asperger's. I only mention it as a potential cause.

But for example... Patrick's arch-nemesis... MEM. Does anyone here actually think MEM is threatening? If you spent some time getting to know him, you'd learn that he's literally the conservative version of RayB. Both of them are people you'd WANT to have a beer with, despite your differences, because they'd probably be a blast. But an inability to discern personality is very much an indication of Asperger's syndrome (to a degree).
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But for example... Patrick's arch-nemesis... MEM. Does anyone here actually think MEM is threatening? If you spent some time getting to know him... you'd WANT to have a beer with, despite your differences...

I dunno... I suspect we'd both end up sitting for five in the box. (It's a Canadian thing.)

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dunno... I suspect we'd both end up sitting for five in the box. (It's a Canadian thing.)

You forget that I spent a lot of my early life up north... so I played hockey too... though I wasn't very good.

Also, I was made an honorary Canadian by these guys...

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2023 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its doesn't matter where you drink the beer, only that its cold.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2023 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2023 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Thank goodness for planned parenthood. Does not help the poor minors who are being denied treatment in some states, but at least the underprivileged can get help from PP.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay