Started on: 07-20-2023 11:14 AM
Replies: 198 (2239 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 09-02-2023 09:24 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2023 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CMT is ooofffeeeennnnddddeeedddd . GOOD

There is a reason small towns have very low crime rates, usually. And it AINT because we call in big-city 911.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-20-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been hearing some buzz about this song, Just looked at the lyrics, and listened to the song.

My take is "You city folk can do terrible things, and you do little to stop it but not in a small town..."

I guess it's promoting Vigilantism?

There have been many innocent victims of mob justice,(Google "Lynching") but I don't shed a tear if a violent, repeat offender POS "gets his" after being lightly tapped on the wrist by the justice system

Guess I'm too "Rorschach"...
Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Carjack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it's cool, well, act a fool if ya like

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough

Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they're gonna round up
Well, that **** might fly in the city, good luck

Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Full of good ol' boys, raised up right
If you're looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Ooh-ooh
Try that in a small town
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sure we hear of killings in the city

but when I was up in north fla
in a one traffic lite town
everyone knew billybob who got stabbed
at the local bar/juke joint
and the fool who stuck him too
much more in your face
when one knows the nuts involved

govination by nut con's is a disaster
they just let every gun nut carry no permit no rules
and the shootings are way up as a result

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 07-20-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the 21st century analog to the ‘60s protest songs. This is the coming tide, the new grass roots groundswell.

In another thread, someone mentioned a pendulum. The pendulum is near its amplitude and loaded with potential. There are a lot of people who have just had enough.

I recently said that we are reliving 1963-64. Who remembers 1968?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sheriff Grady Judd
Thank you.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:
I guess it's promoting Vigilantism?

Far from it. Is enacting no bail Vigilantism ?

When you call 911, authorities are minutes away. A gun is immediate.

We have different values than woke city folk.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

This is the 21st century analog to the ‘60s protest songs. This is the coming tide, the new grass roots groundswell.

In another thread, someone mentioned a pendulum. The pendulum is near its amplitude and loaded with potential. There are a lot of people who have just had enough.

I recently said that we are reliving 1963-64. Who remembers 1968?

I don't. All I encounter is apathy, indifference, resignation, a whole lot of disillusionment. Folks "goin' through the motions", alive but not livin'.
Maybe it's just like that here in the city. Were the youth so despondent in the 60's-70's? Very few can afford a "newish" car, a home, etc...
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2023 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't. All I encounter is apathy, indifference, resignation, a whole lot of disillusionment. Folks "goin' through the motions", alive but not livin'.
Maybe it's just like that here in the city. Were the youth so despondent in the 60's-70's? Very few can afford a "newish" car, a home, etc...

True story over the past year or so. We are a smallish town, 8-10 thou depending on where you draw the boundary. Had a guy keep coming here from the city. Breaking into cars and sheds, stealing what he could to haul back and sell for his next fix. Cops picked him up a bunch of times on the catch-and-release program. That went on for about 7-9 months. EVERBODY knew who this guy was, no shortage of security cam footage.

Nobody has seen him for about 2-3 months, and last sighting post on FB (we have a "community watch" type group) he was limping so bad he couldn't walk, had a broken arm, his face had met pavement apparently, and he was crying like a 3-year-old. Guess he fell down a flight of concrete steps or something. Easy enough to do when ya are so high ya can barely walk.

Funny thing is, those types of break-ins are way down across the board the past few months. Not just him. Guess the "watch those steps" message was received loud and clear.

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2023 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

True story over the past year or so. We are a smallish town, 8-10 thou depending on where you draw the boundary. Had a guy keep coming here from the city. Breaking into cars and sheds, stealing what he could to haul back and sell for his next fix. Cops picked him up a bunch of times on the catch-and-release program. That went on for about 7-9 months. EVERBODY knew who this guy was, no shortage of security cam footage.

Nobody has seen him for about 2-3 months, and last sighting post on FB (we have a "community watch" type group) he was limping so bad he couldn't walk, had a broken arm, his face had met pavement apparently, and he was crying like a 3-year-old. Guess he fell down a flight of concrete steps or something. Easy enough to do when ya are so high ya can barely walk.

Funny thing is, those types of break-ins are way down across the board the past few months. Not just him. Guess the "watch those steps" message was received loud and clear.

He is probably just in jail. What happened to all of his criminal charges?

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2023 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

1452 posts
Member since Jun 2023
Small towns have plenty of crime. This song is based on country rube make-believe.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

Small towns have plenty of crime. This song is based on country rube make-believe.

You live in the wrong small town.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are several things to address here.

The apathy is characteristic of the “big city”. I came to Phoenix over 50 years ago and lived out on the edge of town. There were cows wandering in the road just east of my high school and all the girls rode horses. Have you ever seen “The Last Picture Show”?

Phoenix is now the fifth or sixth largest city in the country, depending on what day it is. Now there is a freeway, some car dealerships and a few shopping malls where those cows used to roam.

When I got here, they were still talking about a murder that happened 30 year prior. A few years ago, my next door neighbor’s son was found dead behind the bushes near here.

In the ‘60s and ‘70s there was hope. There was a war, a draft, actual systemic racism, several political assassinations and LBJ, but we believed that people were basically honest and capable of learning, growing. I guess we were naive.

There were riots, and cities were burning for several reasons, some worthy, some not so worthy. The country is just as divided now as it was 60 years ago. We haven’t learned a GD thing.

I say we are reliving 1964 because we face similar challenges and we have important choices. I asked about 1968 because that was the peak, a dangerous time and a turning point.

By the mid ‘70s, music had changed from “The Eve of Destruction” to “Shake Your Booty”. The question changed from “Where is the selective service office?” to “Where can I get some cocaine?” How fast we forget.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
In the ‘60s and ‘70s there was hope. t

Your post is so true.

I have hope. Just like luck and opportunity, we can prod it along.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
... his face had met pavement apparently, ...

I like that !
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2023 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

https://youtube.com/shorts/...6pVGt0?feature=share

Look at this. Randye actually thinks there is no crime in the south because everyone has a gun.

That is just precious. I did not think there were still people this gullible. But, hey, if the right-wing echo chamber says it is true then it must be true, right?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look at this. Randye actually thinks there is no crime in the south because everyone has a gun.

That is just precious. I did not think there were still people this gullible. But, hey, if the right-wing echo chamber says it is true then it must be true, right?

No one said that, but they do think about it every time they break into someone's house or threaten someone.
Thank you Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2023 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

You live in the wrong small town.

provide me a list of all small towns with no crime.

I will match it with a list 10 times as long of small towns with crime problems. Throughout Appalachia and the rural south there is an epidemic of prescription opioid addiction. It is causing a lot of problems with crime.

So I will just wait for your list. What state do you live in Jake?

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2023 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

1452 posts
Member since Jun 2023

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

No one said that, but they do think about it every time they break into someone's house or threaten someone.
Thank you Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd

So Randye also believe that there are no guns in big cities. And no criminals ever get shot anyhwer but in the south.

You are even more precious than I thought.

https://www.bankrate.com/in...ry-statistics/#state

Burglary rate for the south............................4.0%
Burglary rate for the northeast......................1.7%
Burglary rate for New England.......................1.8%
Burglary rate in Grady Judds Polk County.........3.8%

[This message has been edited by fredtoast (edited 07-21-2023).]

BHall71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one is saying there is no crime in small towns. Once again its just your ignorant and incorrect ASSumption of what those think. Keep on ASSuming like you do, A$$clown.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2023 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BHall71:

No one is saying there is no crime in small towns. Once again its just your ignorant and incorrect ASSumption of what those think. Keep on ASSuming like you do, A$$clown.

Actually the entire premise of the song is based on the assumption that people do not even attempt to commit crimes in small towns. The claim is that citizens prevent it by "taking care of their own".

I happen to work in the criminal justice system in a very small town and I know this is 100% BS.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually the entire premise of the song is based on the assumption that people do not even attempt to commit crimes in small towns. The claim is that citizens prevent it by "taking care of their own".

I happen to work in the criminal justice system in a very small town and I know this is 100% BS.

Well that's good to know, we should all stay clear as it sounds like your justice system is in bad shape
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a perfect example of how Leftism propagates in the wild.

Now lets watch as Jim learns what makes Gila Monsters special.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's bizarre that you are quoting Jake and then talking about me but I stopped trying to make rational sense out of a Leftist's babble like yours a long time ago.

So Randye also believe that....

Each time you attempt to "interpret" what someone else has said here it just reveals more and more about your abundant personal deficiencies.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-23-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you say.

Talk is cheap, and what you've said on this Forum doesn't back up your claim.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually the entire premise of the song is based on the assumption that people do not even attempt to commit crimes in small towns.

Believe what you want to. Your wrong.

The claim is that citizens prevent it by "taking care of their own".

You clearly have no clue of what the song is about.

How many black lives matter riots did your very small town have. How many businesses were burned out of existence ? How many attacks on the law enforcement system were there ? How many cops did your town de-fund ?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Defund the police" is a slogan that has been seized upon as a rhetorical ploy to paint all Democrats as irresponsible—even the majority of Democrats who have come out against "Defund the police."

By and large, there hasn't been any implementation of "Defund the police" by cities around the nation.

I have two well researched articles that back up what I've just said:

"Biden Says ‘Fund the Police.’ Well, They Aren’t Exactly Hurting for Cash."
Jamelle Bouie for the New York Times; March 4, 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...ing-out-of-cash.html

"Cities Say They Want to Defund the Police. Their Budgets Say Otherwise."
Fola Akinnibi, Sarah Holder and Christopher Cannon for Bloomberg; January 12, 2021.
https://www.bloomberg.com/g...dget-police-funding/

The Bloomberg article includes some data visualizations.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2023 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Defund the **** -bugs" has been seized as a global concept by the radical left to get rid of them totally, but I doubt that was the original concept.

They have become a brutal ruling gang, no different than African warlords, and need to be "put back in their place". Defunding them (the same as Trudeau "defunding" the convoy supporters) is just one means of doing that. Most cops are more dangerous to have on the streets than any criminal. COPS are the #1 threat to your security.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-22-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 07-22-2023).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Great cartoon"

That makes me think that I should... that there is too much... that there isn't enough... that it would be better if... that if only "we"...

Yep.

Great cartoon.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-22-2023).]

BHall71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah an attorney, eh? Probably started off chasing ambulances. Ladies and gentlemen what we have here is one of those attorneys that represents the guilty and gets them off or lesser sentences. I.E. the scum of the earth.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah an attorney, eh? Probably started off chasing ambulances. Ladies and gentlemen what we have here is one of those attorneys that represents the guilty and gets them off or lesser sentences. I.E. the scum of the earth.

Originally posted by BHall71 Here:

Once again its just your ignorant and incorrect ASSumption... Keep on ASSuming like you do, A$$clown.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only in the tortured and twisted "logic" of a Leftoid.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-22-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 07-22-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
"Defund the police" is a slogan that has been seized upon as a rhetorical ploy to paint all Democrats as irresponsible—even the majority of Democrats who have come out against "Defund the police."

By and large, there hasn't been any implementation of "Defund the police" by cities around the nation.

I have two well researched articles that back up what I've just said:

"Biden Says ‘Fund the Police.’ Well, They Aren’t Exactly Hurting for Cash."
Jamelle Bouie for the New York Times; March 4, 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...ing-out-of-cash.html

"Cities Say They Want to Defund the Police. Their Budgets Say Otherwise."
Fola Akinnibi, Sarah Holder and Christopher Cannon for Bloomberg; January 12, 2021.
https://www.bloomberg.com/g...dget-police-funding/

The Bloomberg article includes some data visualizations.

Do you enjoy living with your head in the sand ?

No implementation of "Defund the police" by cities around the nation ?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My job is to prevent the abuse of power by the state. If you actually worked in the system you would understand.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My job is to prevent the abuse of power by the state. If you actually worked in the system you would understand.

They need you at the national level...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

They need you at the national level...

That would make him part of 'The State'.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock