Started on: 07-20-2023 11:14 AM
Replies: 198 (2238 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 09-02-2023 09:24 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

They need you at the national level...

We already have Merrick Garland.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-23-2023).]

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Small towns are disappearing and turning into small cities as both crime refugees from metro areas and the criminal element both flood into what were formerly small towns.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Small towns are disappearing and turning into small cities as both crime refugees from metro areas and the criminal element both flood into what were formerly small towns.

At one time, I was looking at some land just outside a small town in Arizona. Upon further study, I learned that it was cheap because the area had been overrun by meth heads and squatters.

There are a couple of remote areas in AZ and CA that are known (by some) as retirement havens for ex mobsters. There is very little crime there.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-23-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the crookedest cops work in very small towns
one bad leader is all it takes
one boss hog type
and your little village is a mini slum
something big citys do not tolerate
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think most of the discussion on this song misses the biggest problem I have with it.

It not only claims you can not commit a crime in a small town, but it also says that you can not exercise your right to free speech. Stepping on or burning a flag is nto a crime. It is protecyted speech. What Aldean is saying is that in small towns you will not only get taken out for committing a cirme, but you will also be taken out just for making a political statement that they do not agree with. the ULTIMATE cancel culture.

We send our armed forces around the world to protect our freedom, then have redneck rubes threaten us with violence if we exercise our right to free speech in a small town.

[This message has been edited by fredtoast (edited 07-23-2023).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

We already have Merrick Garland.

I understand now why his first name isn't Merit......

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-23-2023).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

I think most of the discussion on this song misses the biggest problem I have with it.

It not only claims you can not commit a crime in a small town, but it also says that you can not exercise your right to free speech. Stepping on or burning a flag is nto a crime. It is protecyted speech. What Aldean is saying is that in small towns you will not only get taken out for committing a cirme, but you will also be taken out just for making a political statement that they do not agree with. the ULTIMATE cancel culture.

We send our armed forces around the world to protect our freedom, then have redneck rubes threaten us with violence if we exercise our right to free speech in a small town.

Uh-huh...

Aint it funny how one side can burn and tear down flags and it is "free speech", and if the other side does the exact same thing it is a "hate crime".

Nnnaaaawwwwww. Dont work that way.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Uh-huh...

Aint it funny how one side can burn and tear down flags and it is "free speech", and if the other side does the exact same thing it is a "hate crime".

Nnnaaaawwwwww. Dont work that way.

Once again you have fallen for a huge "false-equivalency" logical fallacy that the right-wing propaganda machine uses to fool the rubes.. It is never "free speech" to tear down a flag belonging to someone else and burn it.

Both sides get treated the same on this issue.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once again you have fallen for a huge "false-equivalency" logical fallacy that the right-wing propaganda machine uses to fool the rubes.. It is never "free speech" to tear down a flag belonging to someone else and burn it.

Both sides get treated the same on this issue.

BULL KAKA

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BULL KAKA

BULL KAKA? Here's a recent example of someone facing consequences for trespassing on private property and destroying or vandalizing someone else's American flag.

So, NOT BULL KAKA in this case. Are there not others? Why would this case be unique? There's plenty of wackos around to be doing stuff like this.

* * * COPY & PASTE * * *

By Monica Watkins and Robinson Miles
Published: Jun. 12, 2023 at 3:42 AM PDT
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WFIE) - Evansville Police say a woman trespassed onto a business’s property, set the American flag on fire, and replaced it with a flag for ISIS.

Evansville police say they got a call Sunday morning about an arson in progress at the Spectrum building on Old Business 41 in Evansville. There they found 43-year-old Sierra Malloy, who they say had taken the American flag off the flag pole, burned it, and replaced it with an ISIS flag. EPD shared their body cam footage from the arrest.

Evansville police responded to a unique situation Sunday morning.

“We come across situations day to day that are, well it just never ceases to amaze us what we find,” said EPD Sergeant Anna Gray.

They say they found a Sierra Malloy burning the American flag. Body camera video from the arrest shows Malloy threatening, cursing, and using homophobic slurs towards police officers as they arrested her and removed the ISIS flag from the pole.

“If ya’ll don’t get fired, (beep) toast, ISIS will cut your (beep) heads off,” said Malloy on the body cam video.

“My head?” said an EPD officer.

“Yeah he’s going to cut your heads off,” said Malloy. “You don’t even know who I am, do you? Yeah you’re going to find out who I am.”

EPD says Malloy claimed to be a member of ISIS, and they say she was videotaping the American flag burning before law enforcement arrived.

Malloy is facing several charges including intimidation, criminal trespass, criminal mischief, and desecration of the flag.

Evansville police say despite how unique the situation was, officers do regularly deal with belligerent people, so this allowed them to keep their cool with Malloy.

“I think they were initially surprised but I don’t think it was anything overly unusual, just the disorderly part of it,” said Gray. “I mean, if you take away the fact that she was burning a flag, just the way she was talking to officers, and just kind of the bizarre behavior, we do deal with that quite a bit.”

Evansville police say mental illness as well as narcotics may have played a role in what happened. Malloy was in court Monday and the court found probable cause to believe she committed a felony.

14 News; Evansville, IND.
https://www.14news.com/2023...claims-be-with-isis/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-23-2023).]

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BULL KAKA

Clearly my point is still going over your head.

If that was your flag and I tore it down then you could prosecute me for the crime of vandalism. Same thing would happen if you came for my United States flag. Doesn't matter that you are supporting enemies of Unites States while I am being a true patriot. We would still be treated the same under the law.

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your missing my point...

BLM and Antifa and the rest of the left have spent 10 years ripping down Rebel flags with impunity. HOW many prosecutions have there been over it ? Google it. Couple show-arrests is about all.

Now do the same for Pride flags.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-24-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
That would make him part of 'The State'.

BHall71

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My job is to prevent the abuse of power by the state. If you actually worked in the system you would understand.

BHWAHAHA! Keep on kidding yourself. "The system" is a major part of the problem, I see why you are there.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your missing my point...

BLM and Antifa and the rest of the left have spent 10 years ripping down Rebel flags with impunity. HOW many prosecutions have there been over it ? Google it. Couple show-arrests is about all.

Now do the same for Pride flags.

I am not missing any point at all. Any person who rips down a Confederate flag from another persons private property can be charged with vandalism. Same as any person who rips down a Pride flag. There is no difference under the law.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

1452 posts
Member since Jun 2023

Originally posted by BHall71:

BHWAHAHA! Keep on kidding yourself. "The system" is a major part of the problem, I see why you are there.

What does this even mean?

If by "the system" you mean the "power of the State" then I oppose it, not support it. So not really clear what you are trying to say.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If by "the system" you mean the "power of the State" then I oppose it, not support it.

You write for SNL, don't you?
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You write for SNL, don't you?

Again I do not understand what you are trying to say.

I am a criminal defense attorney. Do you know what that is? You should because Trump has a lot of them.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am a criminal defense attorney. Do you know what that is? You should because Trump has a lot of them.

Serious question... does it bother you when politicians attack a particular politician who's running for office (that was a defense attorney) and say that the defense attorney is bad because they defended so and so?

This always infuriated me... because even though I cannot stand you, I recognize the importance of such a position. I am reminded by John Adams defense of the British Soldiers after the Boston Massacre... the single most important point in legal history in the United States outside of the ratification of the US Constitution.

Of course, you'd have no clue about this if you go to the old courthouse in Boston, because they say absolutely nothing about John Adams. The entire top floor is nothing but Woke / DEI nonsense... including one half that's dedicated to some dude named Crispus Attucs, and the other half that talks about Asian, Black, Hispanic, Gay voices, etc... none of which have anything to do with why the Boston Massacre is important in the first place. Crispus' life and background had no bearing or meaning to why John Adams did what he did. His life was no more or less important than the other colonists that were killed. In effect, it didn't matter who they were, because that wasn't the point. But liberal ideology destroyed the one important thing about the Boston Massacre and the subsequent trial... completely missing literally the only part of it that actually was important.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This seems to be a recurring theme.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am a criminal defense attorney.

PFF
System Bot
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Of course, you'd have no clue about this if you go to the old courthouse in Boston, because they say absolutely nothing about John Adams.

This is what I can never understand about right-wingers. Why is their only source of history looking at statues or old buildings?

Anyone who has ever taken a historical tour of Boston will hear all about John Adams. I can't comment on exactly what is in the Old Statehouse, but I guarantee that if you took a guided tour you would hear about John Adams. There are memorials to John Adams all over Boston. You have to have your head buried pretty far into the echo-chamber to miss them all.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

1452 posts
Member since Jun 2023

This seems to be a recurring theme.

Yes it is. But here is the issue.

When someone tells me they don't understand what I say I try to explain it to them.

When I tell you I don't understand you just run away and hide.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Culture War Skirmishes and 'Try That In A Small Town'

The song is about Values and Attitudes

If you don't like the song, don't listen
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Serious question... does it bother you when politicians attack a particular politician who's running for office (that was a defense attorney) and say that the defense attorney is bad because they defended so and so?

That drives me nuts every time it happens.

When was the last time it happened? What are some current or recent examples of it?
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

Culture War Skirmishes and 'Try That In A Small Town'

The song is about Values and Attitudes

If you don't like the song, don't listen

It is a direct insult to people like me who live in a small town. I am never going to take anyone out just for exercising their freedom of speech. And if some one lies about me like that I am not going to just "shut up and take it".

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

That drives me nuts every time it happens.

When was the last time it happened? What are some current or recent examples of it?

I actually see it more from Republicans toward Democrat politicians... but I can't really think of any specific examples right now (too lazy to look it up). I recall they also used this tactic against VP Harris as well.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

by fredtoast:
It is a direct insult to people like me who live in a small town.

Of course, the song isn't about YOU and if you're insulted by the values and attitudes - don't listen!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not missing any point at all. Any person who rips down a Confederate flag from another persons private property can be charged with vandalism. Same as any person who rips down a Pride flag. There is no difference under the law.

"Can Be" and "Are", are 2 totally different things.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course, the song isn't about YOU and if you're insulted by the values and attitudes - don't listen!

I live in a small town. The song claims to be about the values I hold. But it is a complete lie. I support freedom of speech. I am not going to take anyone out for exercising their Constitutional rights.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

1452 posts
Member since Jun 2023

"Can Be" and "Are", are 2 totally different things.

I know what those words mean. But apparently you don't.

https://apnews.com/article/...12fa754acd62c6d4511. . . The Latest: 3 arrested for stealing Confederate flag

https://abcnews.go.com/US/a...e/story?id=32070338. . . 2 Arrested After Woman Removes Confederate Flag from Outside South Carolina Statehouse

https://www.ocala-news.com/...rom-local-business/. . . Ocklawaha man arrested after stealing Confederate flag,

https://wgno.com/news/crime...ause-it-was-racist/. . . Harahan teen arrested for stealing Confederate flag because ‘it was racist’

https://patch.com/florida/b...e-flag-theft-case-0. . . Arrest Made in Confederate Flag Theft Case
PFF
System Bot
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The song claims to be about the values I hold. But it is a complete lie.

WOW, you really believe that Jason Aldean’s “Try That In A Small Town” song is about YOU and Jason's view is lying...

You need professional help!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to post a lot in O/T and P&R.

I have removed myself (for the most part) because I also believe that everyone has a right (at least in this country) to voice their opinion.

The incessant arguing about who is right, who is wrong and the name calling is very negative.
I don't need, or want that in my life.

Does anyone in this section of this Forum really believe that they will change someone else's mind?

America, as founded, is about the freedom for the individual to live their life on their own terms.

I consider myself a moral man, and try to live a moral life, as it is up to God to judge the actions of men.

I do find a lot of modern progressive actions repugnant, however, because many of their actions are immoral.

Our Founders, in my humble opinion, would not be enthused at the direction this country is heading in.

Carry on wasting your time......my time is to precious for me to continue to waste.

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW, you really believe that Jason Aldean’s “Try That In A Small Town” song is about YOU and Jason's view is lying...

You need professional help!

I live in a small town.

How does the song NOT refer to me.

If it does not refer to people who live in small towns then who do YOU think it is about?
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

1452 posts
Member since Jun 2023

America, as founded, is about the freedom for the individual to live their life on their own terms.

As long as the individual was a white male landowner. They were the only ones who had any say in making the rules, and everyone else had to live by them
QUOTE]Originally posted by olejoedad:

Our Founders, in my humble opinion, would not be enthused at the direction this country is heading in.

[/QUOTE]

The Founding fathers thought we were heading in the wrong direction when we started letting citizens actually vote for the members of the Senate.

Screw those elitist.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I live in a small town.

How does the song NOT refer to me.

If it does not refer to people who live in small towns then who do YOU think it is about?

The song is about criminals and people who do not tolerate criminals.

I am a criminal defense attorney.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Founding fathers thought we were heading in the wrong direction when we started letting citizens actually vote for the members of the Senate.

Screw those elitist.

You are correct.

Perhaps I should have phrased my statement differently.

Let's try this.....

America's founding principles were based on the people controlling the government, not the government controlling the people.
Revolutionary thought for those times, and even today...
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2023 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

19006 posts
Member since May 2004
Were they elitists due to their education, or the fact they owned property?

Education and property ownership is common now for the non-elitist masses.

Not so common anymore is deep thinking and common sense.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The song is about criminals and people who do not tolerate criminals.

It is not the crime part that bothers me so much. It is the intolerance of people exercising their right to free speech.

I wish these redstatenecks would make up their mind. First they claim they love freedom of speech, then they say you can't use it in a small town.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2023 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fredtoast

1452 posts
Member since Jun 2023

You are correct.

Perhaps I should have phrased my statement differently.

Let's try this.....

America's founding principles were based on the people controlling the government, not the government controlling the people.
Revolutionary thought for those times, and even today...

I actually have great respect for our founding fathers. Both the 1860's and the 1960's were worse than today. Their Constitution held up through all that crap, and I am pretty sure it will hold up for a long time more.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock