Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  The Great Barrington Declaration (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Great Barrington Declaration by olejoedad
Started on: 09-11-2023 07:26 PM
Replies: 65 (769 views)
Last post by: 1985 Fiero GT on 05-30-2024 04:39 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.thefp.com/p/i-f...t-censorship-and-won

The wheels of Justice turn slowly, but they do turn.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for posting that. It is a compelling story.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2023 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a little info just so everyone understands what is happening here.

This is not a ruling on the case in question. This is just a ruling on whether or not a temporary injunction should be in place while the case is being resolved. The standards for issuing a temporary injunction are lower than the standards required to make a final finding on the case in general. That is why you see the term "likely" used in the court's opinion.

Also there is a split between the Districts on this issue. The 9th Circuit has ruled differently in similar cases like Kennedy v Warren and O'Handley v Weber.

It appears that what this case will boil down to is the difference between "coercion" and "encouragement", and the line between the two is pretty vague. The government will argue that they never made any direct threats, but instead just encouraged the companies to do what was best for the country. The plaintiffs will argue that the "encouragement" was just "veiled threats". There appears to be a split among the Circuits. The 9th Circuit has ruled differently in similar cases like Kennedy v Warren and O'Handley v Weber than the 5th did here, but the facts are different, and it will probably be decided by the Supreme Court.

At this point I am not even going to hazard a guess as to what the final outcome will be. I just want everyone to know that this ruling really does not amount to much. It was decided based on the lower standard needed to get an injunction that the standard needed to actually win the case, and other Circuit Courts have ruled differently.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We both read the same words. I saw a story about an immigrant family that fled poverty and oppression to pursue the American dream and you saw a story about how the government might have the authority to suppress free speech.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2023 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

We both read the same words. I saw a story about an immigrant family that fled poverty and oppression to pursue the American dream and you saw a story about how the government might have the authority to suppress free speech.

So you only read the first 6 sentences while I read the entire article.

I think I am finally starting to figure out where you guys come up with your beliefs. You don't bother reading anything. You just make up a good story that sounds good to you. His father was a electrical engineer and "rocket scientist" in a free democracy. Dr. Bhattacharya was not raised in poverty or oppressed in any way. He was raised in a wealthy family and sent to the finest schools.

[This message has been edited by fredtoast (edited 09-11-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im surprised the racist leftist haven't tried to charge the signatories of the Declaration with treason and rico act.

But you are right, the wheels of justice does turn and it runs over the gestapo of the left.

The sad thing is that they are still out there and they are working to destroy the lives of innocent people. We need to keep pushing them away from the levers of power.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2023 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

But you are right, the wheels of justice does turn and it runs over the gestapo of the left.

That is not quite how I see it right now.

So far in this case the "rigth" has obtained a temporary injunction that is only in place until the case is resolved.

Meanwhile the "left" has gotten hundreds of members of the January 6 insurrection with many of them getting jail time some as long as 17 years. the "left" has also gotten FoxNews and Mike Lindell to pay hundreds of millions of dollars for lying about the stolen election. And, finally, there are the dozens of indictments against Trump and cronies.

Looks like the right is the one being crushed by the justice of the legal system.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

So you only read the first 6 sentences while I read the entire article.

I think I am finally starting to figure out where you guys come up with your beliefs. You don't bother reading anything. You just make up a good story that sounds good to you. His father was a electrical engineer and "rocket scientist" in a free democracy. Dr. Bhattacharya was not raised in poverty or oppressed in any way. He was raised in a wealthy family and sent to the finest schools.

Both of my parents—children of the violent partition of India and East Pakistan (now Bangladesh)—had grown up in poverty, my mother in a Calcutta slum. They immigrated to this country because they believed in the American dream. That belief led to the success my father ultimately found as an engineer and my mother found running a family daycare business.

The Biden administration, which has proven itself to be an enemy of free speech, will surely appeal the decision to the Supreme Court. But I am hopeful that we will win there, just as we have at every venue in this litigation. I am grateful for the resilience of the U.S. Constitution, which has withstood this challenge.

You are limited by your extreme authoritarian bias. As Americans, we love our God given freedoms and the U.S. Constitution. People like you will not change that.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

That is not quite how I see it right now.

So far in this case the "rigth" has obtained a temporary injunction that is only in place until the case is resolved.

Meanwhile the "left" has gotten hundreds of members of the January 6 insurrection with many of them getting jail time some as long as 17 years. the "left" has also gotten FoxNews and Mike Lindell to pay hundreds of millions of dollars for lying about the stolen election. And, finally, there are the dozens of indictments against Trump and cronies.

Looks like the right is the one being crushed by the justice of the legal system.

Hey, let me play your game too!

- I want to thank you for admitting that the Jan 6 committee set up a political show trial, driven by Leftist ideology in an attempt to cover their collective asses over a corrupt and illegal election process. -

See, I can put words into your mouth, just as you do to others on this Forum.

It's harder for me than it is for you, I'm sure, as I'm an honest person in word and deed.

(And i am much better at spelling and punctuation, as well)
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Im surprised the racist leftist haven't tried to charge the signatories of the Declaration with treason and rico act.

The sad thing is that they are still out there and they are working to destroy the lives of innocent people. We need to keep pushing them away from the levers of power.

for the very very con-fused dino

kings men right,who lost with rebels in 1776 on the left who won

1861 rightwing rebels lost leftest union won

1960's racist right lost leftest liberals won

post 2020 the revolting rumps lost the moderate center won
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12767 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Hey, let me play your game too!

- I want to thank you for admitting that the Jan 6 committee set up a political show trial, driven by Leftist ideology in an attempt to cover their collective asses over a corrupt and illegal election process. -

See, I can put words into your mouth, just as you do to others on this Forum.

It's harder for me than it is for you, I'm sure, as I'm an honest person in word and deed.

(And i am much better at spelling and punctuation, as well)

if not imaginary as most BS claims of election fraud how about a CONVICTION

WE COULD SETTLE FOR AN INDICTMENT THEN A TRIAL THEN CONVICTION

BUT YOU HAVE NONE

NO INDICTMENT NO TRIAL NO CONVICTIONS

while in the NON-imaginary real world the deplorable rumps are piling up CONVICTIONS

is it now time to drop the LYING about stuff that never ever happened

and admit the ONLY FRAUDS IN 2020 ON A MASS SCALE WERE BY AND FOR THE RUMP
AS THEY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE IN JAIL OR PRISON

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 09-12-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12767 posts
Member since Jan 2001

You are limited by your extreme authoritarian bias. As Americans, we love our God given freedoms and the U.S. Constitution. People like you will not change that.

THERE IS NO GOD TO GIVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE

MY ANCESTORS WHO REVOLTED IN 1775 GAVE YOU THE FREEDOMS AND GOVERNMENT

PEOPLE LIKE YOU WERE ON THE OTHER SIDE THE WRONG SIDE THEN AS NOW
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As always, rayb is a great source of ........well, something.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

MY ANCESTORS WHO REVOLTED IN 1775 GAVE YOU THE FREEDOMS AND GOVERNMENT

So you admit that you come from a family of traitors!!!!!!!!!!!.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

Because his ancestors were revolting?

<----<< (obligatory smiley)
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2023 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because his ancestors were revolting?

<----<< (obligatory smiley)

they won and created the country

you side the con's have a very long history of loss and failure
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2023 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
btw who funds this BS

bro's K

Sponsor of the Great Barrington Declaration

The declaration was sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), a libertarian free market think tank based in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.[40][41] AIER has published controversial studies with dubious conclusions, such as downplaying the risks of climate change,[15][42] and arguing that sweatshops are beneficial to their workers.[43][44] Byline Times journalist Nafeez Ahmed has described the AIER as an "institution embedded in a Koch-funded network that denies climate science while investing in polluting fossil fuel industries".

it hopes and preys on herd immunity something that never happened

but is there ever a real free market of ideas with scumbags sponsors paying for the results ?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2023 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12767 posts
Member since Jan 2001

only by rightwing royalists

most americans call them patriots why do you not ?
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2023 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

only by rightwing royalists

most americans call them patriots why do you not ?

I never said I didn't call them patriots. Your family became traitors the minute they stood up to a tyranical government that they thought didn't represent them. You call the people who were in attendance on 1/6 traitors, were they not also there because they thought the government was not representing them. The difference is the victors write/shape the history. So your traitorous family members, if not for the win, would have also been subject to the laws at that time. As should the 1/6'ers. And as we all know, history can be reimangined in any way that you want, just look at the last few years. So today's traitors may be tomorrows patriots.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2023 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never said I didn't call them patriots. Your family became traitors the minute they stood up to a tyranical government that they thought didn't represent them. You call the people who were in attendance on 1/6 traitors, were they not also there because they thought the government was not representing them. The difference is the victors write/shape the history. So your traitorous family members, if not for the win, would have also been subject to the laws at that time. As should the 1/6'ers. And as we all know, history can be reimangined in any way that you want, just look at the last few years. So today's traitors may be tomorrows patriots.

A fair and balanced viewpoint.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2023 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Victors write the history of the times.

Nice post, sir!
PFF
System Bot
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2023 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And as we all know, history can be reimangined in any way that you want, just look at the last few years.

This is not true at all. It is just the dream of the deniers. In this age of information there are tons of real facts out there and they are more available to the average person than ever before.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2023 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notice I did not say rewritten, I used reimagine. History doesn't forget, people and societies do. And you are correct, you can find anything about history on the internet today, but who's narrative of it's accuracy should always be considered.
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2023 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Victors write the history of the times.

Nice post, sir!

And this is a big reason why Critical Race Theory is so important.

How many of you know the story of The Freedmans Bank?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reviving an old thread with some new information.

https://imprimis.hillsdale....reat-covid-cover-up/
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So... recap...

- Federal Judge issued mandatory release of Fauci and other's e-mail accounts (re: records act and retainment of Federal email).
- Fauci openly denied the COVID lab-leak theory, and went on the circuit saying it wasn't so.
- Behind the scenes, in Fauci's e-mails, he and his fellow scientists were in fact convinced it was from the lab.
- Government worked with all the social media sites to actively cover up the truth.

Shock...
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any wonder a large segment of the population doesn't have much faith in our government institutions?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 01-16-2024).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reviving an old thread with some new information:

https://imprim...id-cover-up/

I won't say that Rand Paul's suggestions are wrong-headed.

I wonder if another shoe will drop.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any wonder a large segment of the population doesn't have much faith in our government institutions?

faith is for unreal things like religious myths or fables

governments run BEST on facts
AND DO VERY POORLY ON NON FACT BASED MYTHICAL BELIEF

AS RIGHT NOW YOUR BELIEF AND THE FACTS ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT

YOU BELIEVE IN A GOD
WHEN NO GOD EXISTS

YOU DISBELIEVE FACTS ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT
THAT IS WHY YOU SUPPORT A RUMP WHO IS AND DOES EVIL

WHEN FACT ARE CHECKED
GODS ARE FOUND TO BE MADE UP BY MEN
RUMP'S LIE
MADE UP BELIEF AND LYING LEADERSHIP
NEVER EVER PRODUCE GOOD GOVERNMENT

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Paul is suggesting another level of bureaucracy to protect us from bureaucracy. Typical move from Washington these days.

There is no proof that Fauci was convinced covid was the result of a lab leak, but pretty much anyone who knew that facts would recognize that it would have been an amazing coincidence if it was not a lab leak. To me it always seemed most likely that it was a lab leak. But this is a great example of how politics influenced the administrations message. When Trump tried to shift blame for the pandemic to the Chinese the message morphed into a claim that the lab leak was intentional (although no one from the Trump administration ever said that as far as I know). And Trump jumped the gun with his lab leak claim before there was enough substantial evidence.

The issue became more about politics than public health. The origin of the pathogen should not have had any effect on the way the United States responded to the pandemic. But instead the extremists on the right claimed that since the administration was lying about the origin then they were also lying about the policies needed to combat the pandemic.

BTW this is the first time I have seen a post by the mysterious FredToast that some of you claim is my alter identity. I can certainly see the resemblance in style.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

faith is for unreal things like religious myths or fables

governments run BEST on facts
AND DO VERY POORLY ON NON FACT BASED MYTHICAL BELIEF

AS RIGHT NOW YOUR BELIEF AND THE FACTS ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT

YOU BELIEVE IN A GOD
WHEN NO GOD EXISTS

YOU DISBELIEVE FACTS ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT
THAT IS WHY YOU SUPPORT A RUMP WHO IS AND DOES EVIL

WHEN FACT ARE CHECKED
GODS ARE FOUND TO BE MADE UP BY MEN
RUMP'S LIE
MADE UP BELIEF AND LYING LEADERSHIP
NEVER EVER PRODUCE GOOD GOVERNMENT

OMSatS

There you go again.

Tell us rayb, what do you trust?
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18345 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by BingB:

So Paul is suggesting another level of bureaucracy to protect us from bureaucracy. Typical move from Washington these days.

There is no proof that Fauci was convinced covid was the result of a lab leak, but pretty much anyone who knew that facts would recognize that it would have been an amazing coincidence if it was not a lab leak. To me it always seemed most likely that it was a lab leak. But this is a great example of how politics influenced the administrations message. When Trump tried to shift blame for the pandemic to the Chinese the message morphed into a claim that the lab leak was intentional (although no one from the Trump administration ever said that as far as I know). And Trump jumped the gun with his lab leak claim before there was enough substantial evidence.

The issue became more about politics than public health. The origin of the pathogen should not have had any effect on the way the United States responded to the pandemic. But instead the extremists on the right claimed that since the administration was lying about the origin then they were also lying about the policies needed to combat the pandemic.

BTW this is the first time I have seen a post by the mysterious FredToast that some of you claim is my alter identity. I can certainly see the resemblance in style.

Senator Paul has a lot more information about the situation than the general public, which includes the two of us. I suggest that if he states that court-ordered released emails show that Fauci knew about the origins, then he has the information to back up his claim that he has committed to print.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OMSatS

There you go again.

Tell us rayb, what do you trust?

nothing

unless studyed
tinkered with
taken apart
ect
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12767 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Senator Paul has a lot more information about the situation than the general public, which includes the two of us. I suggest that if he states that court-ordered released emails show that Fauci knew about the origins, then he has the information to back up his claim that he has committed to print.

no matter where when or why the bug cv-19 came from

Fauci killed far less people then the nut rightwing anti -Fauci cults

and those cults will CON-tinue to kill with the anti=jab fearmongering
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trusting in the works of mankind will always result in disappointment.

Disappointment usually results in anger, many times at ones self.

You sound very disappointed about everything.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trust always in the works of mankind... but always verify.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Trust always in the works of mankind... but always verify.

Trust does not require verification, therefore you aren't trusting.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SUPER FOOLISH ADVICE ^

ALWAYS VERIFY

TRUST IS A FLAW WITH OUT DATA
criminally easy to exploit

RELIGIOUS LEVEL BELIEVER ERROR
he uses faith = trust
but no facts behind ether

perhaps necessary in a religion or a trump cult [same thing ?]

and explains both totally and completely

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 01-16-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Trust, but verify" is the English language equivalent of a Russian proverb that emerged in the early 20th century.

Ronald Reagan picked it up and liked to say it in the context of nuclear weapons-related negotiations and agreements with the Russians.

I think it's an oxymoron.

I only said "trust" and "verify" in my previous remark because I wanted to be theatric with a Ronald Reagan riff.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2024 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 01-16-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock