"LOCK HER UP!" by BingB
Started on: 05-31-2024 12:29 PM
Replies: 28 (205 views)
Last post by: slicknick on 06-03-2024 08:35 AM
BingB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone explain to me why Republicans heads are exploding over criminal charges being brought against Trump when his entire campaign in 2016 was based on his promise to lock up Hillary? Trump even fired the director of the FBI because he refused to try and lock up Hillary.

Seems to me they are contradicting themselves, but maybe I am missing something.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:
I am missing something.

Yes, yes you are ! A brain I believe.

Trumps 2016 was not based on the promise to lock Clinton up.

Trump even fired the director of the FBI because he refused to try and lock up Hillary.

You lie ! Proof, evidence, link to scource ?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Trumps 2016 was not based on the promise to lock Clinton up.

I don't want to waste time on semantics. There was a chant of "Lock her up" at every campaign rally. Do you remember that?

Why was that chant acceptable if criminally prosecuting your political opponent is a threat to democracy?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do not have the capacity or the desire to understand.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

quibble to the max

or just a lie

very hard to tell from the rump cult now

we heard the chants
just as the jury did convict your CON

EVEN IF HE GETS PROBATION
SOMETHING RARE ON FULL TRIAL JURY CONVICTIONS
NO PLEA DEALS LIKE HIS

NO WAY HE CAN GET THRU THE TERM WITH OUT BREAKING THE CONDITIONS OF THE PROGRAM

IN FACT HE MAYBE IN CON-TEMP WITH TODAYS RANT
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Folks, the time for talking has passed. No further explanation is necessary.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.politifact.com/...onald-trump-has-it-/

Trump mentioned FBI Director James Comey, who decided that Clinton's actions did not rise to the level of prosecution. Trump said that Comey "let her off the hook while other lives, including General Petraeus and many others, have been destroyed for doing far, far less. This is a conspiracy against you the American people and we cannot let this happen or continue."

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1233 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Originally posted by williegoat:

Yes I do. I really do. Please, at least give me a chance. Tell me the explanation.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1233 posts
Member since Nov 2023

If the goat includes "posting on a message board" in "talking" then that means we won't be seeing any more of his posts.

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

POOR THINGS THEIR MINDS ARE GONE

if the cult member can retain theirs
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Willful ignorance. They know the difference between rhetoric and weaponizing the justice system against political enemies. They choose not to understand.

I could be wrong and they have the intellect of a bag of hammers. It is almost a tossup right now.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 05-31-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

Willful ignorance. They know the difference between rhetoric and weaponizing the justice system against political enemies. They choose not to understand.

"Rhetoric", by its very definition, is intended to persuade the audience.

Trump's rhetoric was in favor of the president imprisoning his opponent.

Why is that acceptable? It is the exact same policy that the right is now claiming is a "threat to democracy".
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why is that acceptable? It is the exact same policy that the right is now claiming is a "threat to democracy".

That there is either willful ignorance or disengenuity. I am leaning towards disengenuity.

Is all political rhetoric to be taken at face value? Or just the rhetoric of your political opponents when it suits you?

Do you know the difference between policy and rhetoric?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is all political rhetoric to be taken at face value? Or just the rhetoric of your political opponents when it suits you?

Yes all rhetoric should be treated the same. That is exactly why I asked you why Trumps was acceptable?

Why should Trumps rhetoric be treated differently.

Do you know the difference between policy and rhetoric?

Yes I do. Rhetoric is designed to support and influence policy.

What do you think the difference is?

Surely you are not going to try and argue that Trump's rhetoric was acceptable just because that policy failed? trump tried just as hard to convict Hillary as biden did to convict Trump. Trump even fired Comey because he would not prosecute Hillary.

Problem was that trump just did not have the evidence to convict Hillary while Trump is so dirty it is easy to convict him.

A lot of Republican Federal judges are going to be involved in the appeals of all these Trump cases. Republicans still can't deal with the fact that a lot of Trumps campaign challenges wer dismissed by Republican judges. It will be interesting to see how they react if Trump AGAIN loses appeals in front of Republican judges. At some point you have to accept that Trump is just a crooked liar or go to war with the government.

Before he was ever elected President both his charity and his university were shut down by the courts because they were scams. He paid millions in damages. That makes it a little harder to swallow his claim that he is just a poor innocent victim of a corrupt system.

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2024 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes I do. Rhetoric is designed to support and influence policy.

What do you think the difference is?

Surely you are not going to try and argue that Trump's rhetoric was acceptable just because that policy failed? trump tried just as hard to convict Hillary as biden did to convict Trump. Trump even fired Comey because he would not prosecute Hillary.

Problem was that trump just did not have the evidence to convict Hillary while Trump is so dirty it is easy to convict him.

A lot of Republican Federal judges are going to be involved in the appeals of all these Trump cases. Republicans still can't deal with the fact that a lot of Trumps campaign challenges wer dismissed by Republican judges. It will be interesting to see how they react if Trump AGAIN loses appeals in front of Republican judges. At some point you have to accept that Trump is just a crooked liar or go to war with the government.

Before he was ever elected President both his charity and his university were shut down by the courts because they were scams. He paid millions in damages. That makes it a little harder to swallow his claim that he is just a poor innocent victim of a corrupt system.

You clearly don't know the difference between rhetoric and policy.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am missing something.

Yes, yes you are ! A brain I believe.

BingB does not have the capacity or the desire to understand.

Yes I do. I really do. Please, at least give me a chance. Tell me the explanation.

BingBat, You should know by now, my Wife and I cared for a mentally needy lady for over 25 years, as a live in. She became family, and is to this day. My Wife worked for the Texas State Hospital (every State has a State Hospital) which deals with the mentally needy including certifiable insane individuals.

Perhaps, because of my experience, I can recognize you have a mentally needy brain. Your continual lying is a clue.

Can someone explain to me why Republicans heads are exploding over criminal charges being brought against Trump when his entire campaign in 2016 was based on his promise to lock up Hillary?

Trump never promised to do that, never ever ! On the other hand, Bragg campaigned, promising to prosecute Trump.

The Leftoid NY POST :

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg appears on the verge of bringing an unprecedented criminal case against former President Donald Trump — after crowing on the campaign trail that he’d be the best person to do it.

Fani Willis, the Georgia District Attorney, vowed to 'get' him during her campaign trail.

That is a lie.

Trump never said that !

Trump never even tried to prosecute Clinton. Trump fired Comey, as well as FBI official, Peter Strzok, former FBI lawyer Lisa Page, and acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe for multiple reasons including being leaders in the "swamp". The FBI works at the pleasure of the President. He allowed the FBI to appoint a Special Councils to investigate himself. Robert Mueller.

Again, Trump never even tried to prosecute Clinton. It is fact that she deleted 33,000 emails after her emails were subpoenaed by Congress. It is also a fact the Clinton's "Clinton Foundation" was collecting millions upon millions of dollars while she was Secretary of the State. Since Trump won, not a dime. Since Biden won, not a dime. He should have appointed a Special Prosecutor.

Trump added that there were “opportunities” to go after the former secretary of state, before concluding, “But I did not want to, and I thought it would be a terrible thing for our country. ... That would have been a horrible thing to do.”

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 06-02-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I gave the correct definition.

If it was wrong then you would have explained why.

But since you couldn't you posted this tripe instead.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lock her up.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trump never promised to do that, never ever !

These were campaign speeches. he was making promises of what he would do as President. One of the most poppular choices by his crowds was imprisoning Hillary Clinton. Trump did everything he could to convince these people that hillary would be "locked up" IF HE WAS PRESIDENT.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06...y-clinton/index.html

During campaign rallies in 2016, Trump sometimes paused his remarks as his supporters engaged in chants of “lock her up,” giving the chants time to continue. On other occasions, he explicitly repeated those words himself.

“For what she’s done, they should lock her up,” Trump said after the crowd chanted “lock her up” at an October 2016 rally in North Carolina.

“‘Lock her up’ is right,” he said at an October 2016 rally in Pennsylvania.

“Hillary Clinton has to go to jail, OK? She has to go to jail,” he said in a June 2016 speech in California. “She has to go to jail,” he repeated in an October 2016 speech in Florida. And at a presidential debate in October 2016, after Clinton said, “It’s just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country,” Trump responded, “Because you’d be in jail.”

“You should lock her up, I’ll tell you,” he said at a January 2020 rally in Ohio. At an October 2020 rally in Georgia, after the crowd chanted “lock them up” in relation to the Biden family, Trump said, “You should lock them up. Lock up the Bidens. Lock up Hillary.”
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lock her up. ~ Williegoat 2024
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19785 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Lock them all up.
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is also a fact the Clinton's "Clinton Foundation" was collecting millions upon millions of dollars while she was Secretary of the State. Since Trump won, not a dime.

Took me less than a minute to find a financial statement showing over $13 million in contributions in 2020.

https://www.clintonfoundati...port_public_2020.pdf

Where exactly did you here that claim, and why did you believe it?

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 06-02-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Took me less than a minute to find a financial statement showing over $13 million in contributions in 2020.

That is about a third of what Trump took in last Thursday night.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19785 posts
Member since Mar 2009
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19785 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Oh, and lock her up.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yet you incorrectly used it. Rhetoric is much more than to "support and influence policy." Most rhetoric has nothing to do with policy.

Your argument is based on a false premise.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2024 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your argument is based on a false premise.

How could it be otherwise? His mere existence is a false premise.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2024 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What planet's definition did you get that from, ?

rhetoric

[ ret-er-ik ]
Phonetic (Standard)
IPA
noun

(in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast.
the art or science of all specialized literary uses of language in prose or verse, including the figures of speech.
the study of the effective use of language.
the ability to use language effectively.
the art of prose in general as opposed to verse.
the art of making persuasive speeches; oratory.
(in classical oratory) the art of influencing the thought and conduct of an audience.
(in older use) a work on rhetoric.

slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2024 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
“If she were to win, it would create an unprecedented Constitutional crisis that would cripple the operations of our government,” he said. “She is likely to be under investigation for many years, and also it will probably end up – in my opinion – in a criminal trial. I mean, you take a look. Who knows? But it certainly looks that way.”

“She has no right to be running, you know that,” Trump said. “No right.”

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock