Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Rinse would be a little disappointed (Green Tax Credits) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rinse would be a little disappointed (Green Tax Credits) by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 07-16-2024 04:45 PM
Replies: 67 (702 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 10-21-2024 05:11 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2024 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

MAX IS NEXT YEAR Okay. In June
and it is low
as our star is in a slight down cycle with about 1/2 normal spots ???

SEE THIS CHART FROM NASA

https://services.swpc.noaa....c/solar_cycle_charts

last time the cycle was this low it was very COLD
LOOK UP THE YEAR WITHOUT SUMMER I did. That was in 1816. 200+ years ago. Means nothing to me.

AS THAT IS THE FACT THAT PROVES gw/cc IN REAL TIME
WE DID NOT COOL THIS TIME
WE JUST GOT LESS HOT THEN SOME PREDICTIONS What?!

IP: Logged
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2024 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DURING THE LAST 20 YEARS

many worse case temperature predictions were missed

at the same time the solar cycle was reduced in spot numbers
spot size and numbers are related to solar output
low output = less spots = cooler earth
1816 also had a huge volcano but was really cold
current dip low cycle is about 1/2 as spotted as normal
we should cool and not setting records
but
that CC /GW thing with the extra CO2
IS KICKING IN LIKE IT OR NOT
WE ARE WARMER THEN WE SHOULD BE IN A DOWN CYCLE

NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2024 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
Wow! That's home "down home" Tennessee / Appalachian phraseology right there Cooter...

Oh god, here comes the Barney Fife of semantics policing again. What can we do for ya, officer? Somebody guilty of a typo, or incomplete edit? Need us to change our word usage? Restructure our sentences?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2024 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NewDustin:
Could you elaborate on this, or specify where you think I've done misrepresented an argument against me? This accusation has been leveled against me a few times here, but I've yet to have someone point out where or how I am doing it.

Well now, I did not say you misrepresented an argument against yourself. My intent was to point out how you claimed the article used a straw man argument yet did not refute it with evidence which disproved it.

Those were not opinion pieces that I linked you to, they were meta-analyses from primary authorities in the field of climatology. I could throw NOAA in there too, if you want, or really any international scientific body recognized as an authority in climate.

Primary authorities in the field of climatology ? NASA ? My my. Do we fund NASA to study inner space ? Their funding comes from those who want to enact the global warming doctrine. GFDL (AGU) ? They do not impress me, however, give me the numbers from NASA and AGU.

As for barometric pressure, both organizations address changes in barometric pressure at length and in the context of global warming, you just didn't look beyond the articles I linked to.

If you say so. Show me.

Not sure what the purpose of that link was, but if you're referring to Georgetown, Texas, that very much proves that there are dumb ways to go about energy policy. Given that there are several countries getting huge portions of their energy from renewables, I don't think this example is very damning outside of "Texas cities shouldn't try to grift ERCOT with energy production schemes they haven't run by their citizens."

Wow. I live in Texas. ERCOT is not against green energy. They are not for fossil fueled energy. I am not against green energy nor for fossil fueled energy. The purpose of my link was to point out that largely (your word) depending on "renewables" is not a good idea.

The mounting pressure to decarbonize is causing many cities, states and companies to take a hard look at their electric power sources.

Though the shift is leading the electric sector toward more alternative resources, carbon-free ambitions remain largely ambitions. But six U.S. cities have reached their goals of not just a carbon-free power mix, but a 100% renewable one. Those cities range from less than 1,000 people to around 50,000 and stretch from Vermont to Texas to Alaska. What got them there?

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2024 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Wow. I live in Texas. ERCOT is not against green energy. They are not for fossil fueled energy. I am not against green energy nor for fossil fueled energy. The purpose of my link was to point out that largely (your word) depending on "renewables" is not a good idea.

Though the shift is leading the electric sector toward more alternative resources, carbon-free ambitions remain largely ambitions. But six U.S. cities have reached their goals of not just a carbon-free power mix, but a 100% renewable one. Those cities range from less than 1,000 people to around 50,000 and stretch from Vermont to Texas to Alaska. What got them there?[/URL]

''Wholesale prices were kept at an artificially inflated level of $9,000 for about four days, an amount normally only hit momentarily, in fear of instability even after electricity demand dropped. Total Texas electricity costs on February 16 alone reached $10.3 billion, greater than the $9.8 billion spent in all of 2020.[22] The legislature allowed issuance of about $5 billion in bonds to pay for it, or $200 per Texan.[22] The then-CEO of ERCOT testified under oath that Governor Abbot had ordered power prices to stay at this level, which led to the bankruptcy of the Brazos Electric co-op.''

BRAZOS IS YOUR EL CORP

SURE TEXAS 9000.00 EL BILL FOR A FEW DAYS POWER

GOOD JOB ? RWNJ'S !!!!
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well now, I did not say you misrepresented an argument against yourself. My intent was to point out how you claimed the article used a straw man argument yet did not refute it with evidence which disproved it.

Got it, I took that as you saying I was guilty of it. My goal was to point out examples of straw man from that article; it uses it repeatedly throughout, and is a very good reference for "what is straw man." The point of straw man is to obfuscate the argument and force your opponent into defending a position they never took. I don't need to address his arguments against stances that don't exist or arguments nobody is making..but also I provided quite a bit of evidence...did you not see that?

Primary authorities in the field of climatology ? NASA ? My my. Do we fund NASA to study inner space ? Their funding comes from those who want to enact the global warming doctrine. GFDL (AGU) ? They do not impress me, however, give me the numbers from NASA and AGU.

You're welcome to suggest better sources. It would be more productive than just poo pooing NASA. I don't want to play citation whack-a-mole. I'm also not sure what further numbers you are asking for.

If you say so. Show me.

Feel free to take my word for it, Google it, or assume I made it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow. I live in Texas. ERCOT is not against green energy. They are not for fossil fueled energy. I am not against green energy nor for fossil fueled energy. The purpose of my link was to point out that largely (your word) depending on "renewables" is not a good idea....
...Though the shift is leading the electric sector toward more alternative resources, carbon-free ambitions remain largely ambitions. But six U.S. cities have reached their goals of not just a carbon-free power mix, but a 100% renewable one. Those cities range from less than 1,000 people to around 50,000 and stretch from Vermont to Texas to Alaska. What got them there?

That's not what I'm saying! I don't have any opinion on ERCOT's (or your) stance on energy efficiency or renewable energy. I was saying that city in particular had some scheme to overproduce and resell the excess energy to ERCOT, and they closed their citizens out of the review/decision-making process, and that's why they became a bad example. I agree there needs to be something to supplement renewables at this point, that's why I said "mostly renewables." My choice would be nuclear to fill that gap, if I had any say. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

[This message has been edited by NewDustin (edited 10-15-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're welcome to suggest better sources. It would be more productive than just poo pooing NASA. I don't want to play citation whack-a-mole. I'm also not sure what further numbers you are asking for.

Neither NASA nor GFDL had any numbers. Stormfax does.

Whack-a-mole is the game. Let's rename it "debate".
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neither NASA nor GFDL had any numbers. Stormfax does.

Whack-a-mole is the game. Let's rename it "debate".

Stormfax is an aggregation website. The primary source for the information Stormfax is using is the NOAA. Both the NASA and GFDL articles linked to the same NOAA findings and their updated counterparts. If you prefer the Stormfax interface I'm good with it; it's the same data.

That data shows a significant increase in the number and intensity of storms.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for giggles, compare STORMFAX v NOAA data for 2017.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/da...s/tracks-at-2017.png

https://www.stormfax.com/huryear.htm

🤔

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you prefer the Stormfax interface I'm good with it; it's the same data.

That data shows a significant increase in the number and intensity of storms.

I do not see that. I see it as different year, same zhit. Weather. What 'ya gonna do ? Some days it shines, some days it does not.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36645 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Just for giggles

Which hurricanes are the worst ? The ones named after woman, or men. Inquiring minds want to know.
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which hurricanes are the worst ? The ones named after woman, or men. Inquiring minds want to know.

random chance

name sets are announced far in advance

your inquiring is the stuff internet BS is made of
I do note the anti-data spin
of many con's posts
your boy's are con-vinced somebody is out to get you

maybe the english common names go north and indian or spanish go south
what about arab names
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just for giggles, compare STORMFAX v NOAA data for 2017.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/da...s/tracks-at-2017.png

https://www.stormfax.com/huryear.htm

🤔

Did you scroll to the bottom of that?

Original Data is from
The Deadliest, Costliest, and Most Intense United States Hurricanes 1900-2000
[Revised and expanded 2024]

Are you wondering who published that? Spoiler: it's the NOAA

Edit: ...and if you were wondering where the expanded counts came from and guessed "also the NOAA" well you'd be correct!

NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2024 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin

579 posts
Member since Jan 2024

I do not see that. I see it as different year, same zhit. Weather. What 'ya gonna do ? Some days it shines, some days it does not.

Ok, so on that hand we have you, and on the other hand we have the NOAA, NASA, the rest of the alphabet and all the Dr's too. And Bill Nye, though I liked it better when he made music videos.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2024 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, so on that hand we have you, and on the other hand we have the NOAA, NASA, the rest of the alphabet and all the Dr's too. And Bill Nye, though I liked it better when he made music videos.

No, on one hand we have bad hurricane years, and on the other hand, not so much. Today, and then.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-18-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2024 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, on one hand we have bad hurricane years, and on the other hand, not so much. Today, and then.

so do you support margery trailer park green saying the storms are con-trolled and directed ?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2024 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you wondering who published that? Spoiler: it's the NOAA

Edit: ...and if you were wondering where the expanded counts came from and guessed "also the NOAA" well you'd be correct!

I was simply pointing out the discrepancies between the two information sources.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2024 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was simply pointing out the discrepancies between the two information sources.

I was pointing out there are no discrepancies because it's the exact same data, just presented in a different format. Stormfax is open that they're using NOAA data, so using Stormfax to challenge NOAA data doesn't work.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2024 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin

579 posts
Member since Jan 2024

I'm not denying your interpretation of the data, I'm just pointing out that it is at odds with the interpretation of the folks much more authoritative than yourself. If you look back at what I posted, there is statistical analysis, meta-analysis of studies, and clear trends in the data presented; there's a very clear backing to their argument. What you are saying appears to be "at a glance this all looks the same to me."

Originally posted by ray b:
so do you support margery trailer park green saying the storms are con-trolled and directed ?

I'm all for it. More politicians should be open about their kooky conspiracy theories.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2024 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was pointing out there are no discrepancies because it's the exact same data, just presented in a different format. Stormfax is open that they're using NOAA data, so using Stormfax to challenge NOAA data doesn't work.

You didn't bother to look at the discrepancies, did you?

I'm not challenging NOAA data, but I am saying that NOAA and STORMFAX data are different.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2024 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You didn't bother to look at the discrepancies, did you?

I'm not challenging NOAA data, but I am saying that NOAA and STORMFAX data are different.

I did, and I addressed it in the link I provided. The NOAA 'additional data' link I provided leads to the NOAA's National Hurrican Center and Central Pacific Hurrican Center's 2017 data. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, you'll see the exact same image you linked to, in it's original context. The page I linked to contains all of the storm counts that image is showing. If you add them up you'll see that they are the same as what Stormfax has on their site. I checked for 2017 specifically since that's the year you chose. The reason the numbers add up is because Stormfax is citing that data. There is not a discrepancy; you appear to have misread the image and not checked the source it came from.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2024 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not denying your interpretation of the data, I'm just pointing out that it is at odds with the interpretation of the folks much more authoritative than yourself. If you look back at what I posted, there is statistical analysis, meta-analysis of studies, and clear trends in the data presented; there's a very clear backing to their argument. What you are saying appears to be "at a glance this all looks the same to me."

The interpretation of the folks much more authoritative than myself ? Authoritative ? They are paid whores.

The Kung Flu. The CDC issued many directed rules. Masks did not work. The CDC succumbed to the Teacher's Union's wishes in the CDC's guidance. Authoritative means little to me.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pivoting back to hurricanes.....

https://www.realclearenergy...of-hand_1065317.html
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The first example of attribution science dates back 20 years to an academic paper that purported to show the European heatwave of 2003 was linked to climate change.

Ah yes. 20 years ago. When the Global Warming folks got caught placing their heat measuring devices in spots which would give inflated data. Also when the UN IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) got caught in the email scandal which admitted the supposed phenomena was fake.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The interpretation of the folks much more authoritative than myself ? Authoritative ? They are paid whores.

The Kung Flu. The CDC issued many directed rules. Masks did not work. The CDC succumbed to the Teacher's Union's wishes in the CDC's guidance. Authoritative means little to me.

I've offered to cite just about any academic body, so my question is: All of them? Every major government's research arms, all major scientific/educational institutions, all credible research bodies...they're all paid off?
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin

579 posts
Member since Jan 2024

Speaking of bought and paid for, have you looked into who funds the National Center for Energy Analytics, and pays for this author's articles?

Edit: Maybe he's friends with this guy.

[This message has been edited by NewDustin (edited 10-21-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've offered to cite just about any academic body, so my question is: All of them? Every major government's research arms, all major scientific/educational institutions, all credible research bodies...they're all paid off?

Only the shadow knows.

NewDustin, police departments were told to stand down during the rioting of the George Floyd protests from 2020 - 2022.

Cite any academic body you wish. I will read it.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2024 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36645 posts
Member since Jun 2003

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-21-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors