Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  What would it take for Trump to accept a loss? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What would it take for Trump to accept a loss? by NewDustin
Started on: 07-23-2024 11:38 AM
Replies: 55 (616 views)
Last post by: BingB on 08-01-2024 11:11 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NewDustin:
Are you familiar with first-past-the-post vs more proportional voting systems?

No.

There are some fantastic rabbit holes to go down. We absolutely messed some Central/South American countries up playing democracy laboratory with them, but we ended up with a large body of knowledge about how to impact faction (parties) via voting system.

Interesting.
IP: Logged
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
If only that were true. If only it really was just "one more time", but as we all know, you will continue to incessantly and insanely rant your Neo-Marxist / totalitarian gibberish with ALL CAPS, incomplete sentences, misspelled and misused words and incoherent nonsense like a deranged magpie.

why are you so very close to the way of ruling used by isis and putin ?

you are in a CULT WOKE UP
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

13306 posts
Member since Jan 2001
BTW the polls are shifting
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

BTW the polls are shifting

Global warming!
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

All that believe law matters. The legislature sets law.

Did you just exclude the entire judiciary in "anyone who cares about the law"? It seems like you did.

In amy case, you know perfectly well that the courts have final say on any issue's legality. Don't be over here pretending like you don't know any better: Ive already picked up that you do.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you just exclude the entire judiciary in "anyone who cares about the law"? It seems like you did.

No !

In amy case, you know perfectly well that the courts have final say on any issue's legality. Don't be over here pretending like you don't know any better: Ive already picked up that you do.

The final say ? The Supreme Court of the United States. There was not enough time for most cases to reach SCOTUS. Only one did, which was dismissed due to lack of standing.

NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The final say ? The Supreme Court of the United States. There was not enough time for most cases to reach SCOTUS. Only one did, which was dismissed due to lack of standing.

Then the lower courts' decisions are the law of the land in all of those cases. Anyone who respects the law of the land would defer to those decisions.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2024 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin

502 posts
Member since Jan 2024

No.

Then I get to do my favorite thing: Help someone hate the 2 party system better! It tooke me a whole damn semester to wrap my head around this, but this YouTuber does a really good job in just over 5 min!

There's a lot more, and you can directly determine 1 party or hundreds from electoral system.

[This message has been edited by NewDustin (edited 07-28-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2024 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then the lower courts' decisions are the law of the land in all of those cases. Anyone who respects the law of the land would defer to those decisions.

Ah, I see. You are okay with a tort of yours not being able to get the full measure of justice ?
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2024 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All that believe law matters. The legislature sets law.

Some election laws were changed by Governors, some by election officials.

No changes in laws made any difference because they applied to both sides equally.

All relevant court cases that had any merit were either decided by the SCOTUS or denied cert becuase they agreed with the lower court. There were no cases that were not decided due to "time".

There was never any evidence that the 2020 election was rigged in any way. Yet Trump and his followers will still not accept this. They reject the rulings of the courts and think whatever Trump says should be law.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2024 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:
No changes in laws made any difference because they applied to both sides equally.

Hey guys, I've got this illegal thing that I've been doing for years... pay no mind to it. But now, I'm going to really quickly change the laws illegally, without state congressional oversight or approval. I know you guys (Republicans) have never done this before... but pay no mind, because Fred says the cheating is totally fair... even though I've got a 6 month head start on the cheating, and I'm passing this law just so that I can make temporarily legal the thing which is normally illegal... it's all good because now three months before the election, you can go mobilize and do it too. If you guys (Republicans) don't also want to cheat, well... that's on you!

Originally posted by BingB:
All relevant court cases that had any merit were either decided by the SCOTUS or denied cert becuase they agreed with the lower court. There were no cases that were not decided due to "time".

There was never any evidence that the 2020 election was rigged in any way. Yet Trump and his followers will still not accept this. They reject the rulings of the courts and think whatever Trump says should be law.

Michigan:
- https://www.washingtonexami...-law-absentee-ballot
- https://www.detroitnews.com...-invalid/4699927001/
- https://trendingpolitics.co...e-ballot-order-knab/

Pennsylvania:
- https://www.cbsnews.com/pit...voting-law-decision/
- https://thefederalist.com/2...were-broken-in-2020/

Wisconsin:
- https://www.reuters.com/wor...lections-2022-07-08/
- https://www.breitbart.com/p...s-violate-state-law/

Georgia:
- https://www.gpb.org/news/20...ke-da-race-will-move
- https://thefederalist.com/2...ection-laws-in-2020/

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 07-29-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2024 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah, I see. You are okay with a tort of yours not being able to get the full measure of justice ?

No? I am okay with respecting the legal hierarchy of the Constitution, though. I'm confused...are you not?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2024 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.- -... ... --- .-.. ..- - . .-.. -.-- / -. --- / .-- .- -.-- / .. / -.-. .- -. / ... ..- .--. .--. --- .-. - / --- .-. / ...- --- - . / ..-. --- .-. / -.- .- -- .. .-.. .-.. .- / .... .- .-. .-. .. ... / - --- / -... . / .--. --- - ..- ... .-.-.- / .-. .- -- ...

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-30-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2024 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

.- -... ... --- .-.. ..- - . .-.. -.-- / -. --- / .-- .- -.-- / .. / -.-. .- -. / ... ..- .--. .--. --- .-. - / --- .-. / ...- --- - . / ..-. --- .-. / -.- .- -- .. .-.. .-.. .- / .... .- .-. .-. .. ... / - --- / -... . / .--. --- - ..- ... .-.-.- / .-. .- -- ...

Rams

I don't think you have to worry. The polls that show Kamala "up" came too soon, too quickly. It doesn't "feel" legitimate. Remember that many of these pollsters are owned by foreign investors, or even by majority-liberal organizations. There's no accounting for manipulating the data... it's not a vote, it's not something held to a standard or law. I don't deny she has probably gotten a bump, but it seems impossible that all these people would be voting for Trump, and then magically all of a sudden want to vote for Kamala Harris. Either people really are this retarded, or the polls are being manipulated... both before (to show Biden how bad he's losing), and after (to encourage support for Kamala).

Last I checked, the polymarkets still show Trump winning handily... and a lot of that can ALSO be influenced by polling influences. People don't realize that polling does not have the psychological effect it did previously. There was evidence that some of this was going on during Trump / Clinton in 2016... or at least that they favored certain areas to influence the polling. I figure they're probably pulling out all the stops at this point, and just don't care anymore.

As they say, when an enemy is nearly defeated, there is no limit to what they might do to try to survive. Democrats no longer care about maintaining that image of impropriety... they will do anything, and stop at nothing to manipulate the vote and stay in power. They realize that Trump, now twice burned, will scorch Earth the framework they've built to manipulate the country. They view this as an existential threat.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2024 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kamala is DITz
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2024 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

even though I've got a 6 month head start on the cheating,

Actually Republicans had a much bigger head start because they had been employing ballot harvesting techniques ever since the 2016 lection in North Carolina. And I am noyt ttalking about internet theories tossed around by sore losers who can not deal with reality. I am talking about widespread voter fraud that ACTUALLY HAPPENED. There were multiple criminal convictions for voter fraud and they held a new election.

There was no "cheating" involved in the rule schanges in 2020 because they applied equally to both sides. Since history has proven that Republicans embrace ballott harvesting then they were at NO DISADVANTAGE ro democrats.

Recap: Republicans have more recent history of voter fraud. Democrats did nt breal ANY ELECTION REGULATIONS in 2020. That is why when the courts ruled that these laws were improperly changed there were no new elections. There was no benefit to the Democrats. The rules applied the smae for both sides.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock