Started on: 08-31-2024 09:02 AM
Replies: 201 (1474 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 09-16-2024 09:08 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Yellow-88:
Let me repeat. "Any one who has been to Arlington National Cemetery and came away unchanged has no understanding of why it's considered Hallowed ground."

No I never served but somehow I understand what it means to those who did.

Do you now ? I don't think so. Do you know anyone who served ? Have you asked them what they think of this leftoid delusion ?

Originally posted by BingB:

I have no problem with him doing this with these families.

It is when he started using the footage on Truth Social to attack Biden that it became a problem. It was the only reason he filmed it. The fact that he immediately used it proves this.

Hours after Harris' post, Trump posted a series of videos to X depicting eight family members of seven of the killed service members criticizing Harris' comments about the military and vigorously defending Trump as supportive.

What happened to their families was a terrible tragedy, but they act like they are the only families ever to lose somebody in military service. The death of these 13 brave soldiers is not a national holiday. I don't know why they think their sacrifice is so much more than all the other families that lost loved ones in military service that they deserve a special day.

Cough cough, Memorial Day.

Interesting. Your AI software picked right up on that. That paragraph comes from an article written by my 11 year old neighbor, and published in the local News Paper.
The point is this; An 11 year old understands the meaning of Arlington National Cemetery, and a man hoping to be Commander in Chief, does not.

To sum up the purpose of this thread, Arlington Notational Cemetery is not just a cemetery, it's a symbol, a National monument dedicated to remembering who we are as a Nation. The perfectly polished marble tomb of the unknown solder, the perfectly polished soldiers who guard it and the rituals and ceremonies performed there remind us that we did not become a free nation easily.

No, your 11 year old neighbor does not fully the meaning of the Arlington National Cemetery.

This thread was supposed to be about Donald Trump's inability to understand the meaning of what Arlington National Cemetery is.

Donald Trump by his actions violated both legal and ethics norms. Once again setting a dangerous example for future American to follow.

What legal norms ? Are you the Minister of Ethics ?

Yes. It was absolutely used for political gain. How can you not understand this?
https://nymag.com/intellige...on-60-explained.html

Hours after Harris' post, Trump posted a series of videos to X depicting eight family members of seven of the killed service members criticizing Harris' comments about the military and vigorously defending Trump as supportive.

You know the saddest part of all of this.

Yes. Leftoids are attacking actions the deceased died for, the right to express yourself.
IP: Logged
Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Todd, I have no idea of the age of forum member, Yellow-88. If he is indeed 80+ years old (or anywhere even close to that), why are you being so downright disrespectful. Is this how you were were taught to treat your elders? I thought you were better than this. Can you not disagree with someone's beliefs without making it personal, and being so nasty about it? I know there are other forum members here who enjoy behaving in this manner, but it's almost like you're now trying to impress them with the hostility of your posts.

How old am I? Who am I? I'll tell you this. I started as a weird little "retard" kid growing up in Green Manorville. My first book was about 2 little kids named Dick and Jane but I didn't finish it because the first 3 words seemed like all I would ever need.

Those words where; LOOK! LOOK! SEE! Apparently I was right because those words guided me through 5 professional carrier level positions. In retirement they still work just fine.

Nowadays "retard" is politically in bad taste so my 11 year old neighbor friend has a more sophisticated title. Her writing is so pure and her vision so clear that she has become my go to consultant when I get really stuck.

I'd gladly share some beers with anyone on this forum and with Donald Trump as well. Based on what I SEE in him, I just can't trust former President Donald Trump as a leader in this scary new world.
Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yellow-88

818 posts
Member since Feb 2005

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

He also suggested that everyone else here doesn't understand intellectual thought, and that he comes from a research background, whereas everyone else on here lacks these concepts. .

That is an incorrect statement.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2024 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Yes. Leftoids are attacking actions the deceased died for, the right to express yourself.

No one is telling Trump he can't say or do anything.

They are just asking that he show some respect to Arlington National Cemetary. A place like that should not be dignified. It should not be used as the setting for Donald Trump to tell blatant lies about how no one dies in Afghanistan for 18 months under his watch.

That is disgraceful. It is an insult to the memory of the brave men and women buried in ANC.

BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2024 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

2184 posts
Member since Nov 2023

I have no idea what this has to do with Trump using the video from section 60 for political purposes.

The videos of the family members were in their home, not at the cemetery. I don't know why you posted this, but thanks for more proof that this was all just a planned political stunt from the Trump campaign.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2024 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

2184 posts
Member since Nov 2023

What legal norms ?

32 CFR 553.32 (c) Memorial services and ceremonies at Army National Military Cemeteries will not include partisan political activities.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does the Code of Federal Regulations say about flag burning ?

What will the gestapo at the Arlington National Ceremony do ? Evict the deceased ? Not allow survivors to visit ?
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2024 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What will the gestapo at the Arlington National Ceremony do ? Evict the deceased ? Not allow survivors to visit ?

So enforcing the rules to maintain the honor and dignity of Arlington National Cemetary makes these public servants the "Gestapo"?

I remember when the Republican party used to claim that they respected the law.. They were the law and order party. Now it is "Screw the rules if the Donald wants to break them".

No wonder Republicans have been getting their asses kicked in so many state and national elections since they elected Trump as president.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So enforcing the rules to maintain the honor and dignity of Arlington National Cemetary makes these public servants the "Gestapo"?

No. The rules were made by the gestapo. They are merely regulations your next President can undo. Those who have loved ones interred there should have the right to hold a political rally. Their loved ones died for the right to free speech.

I remember when the Republican party used to claim that they respected the law.

What law did they break ? Was Trump again arrested ?

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

32 CFR 553.32 (c) Memorial services and ceremonies at Army National Military Cemeteries will not include partisan political activities.

The problem is, you view Trump in every sense as purely political. But he's also a former President, and Presidents get invited to events all the time, just as he was invited to this one. There was nothing "political" about Trump going to this event that was hosted by the family, and done through the proper channels. If you replaced Trump with Obama, you'd feel totally differently... but you'd be wrong to feel that way. Trump being an active candidate does not change that in the least.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2024 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was nothing "political" about Trump going to this event that was hosted by the family, and done through the proper channels..

He took film footage from the gravesides in section 60 and used it for a political ad attacking Harris on Tik Tok. crew

There could not be a more clear definition of "political" than filming a campaign ad.

PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2024 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

2184 posts
Member since Nov 2023

No. The rules were made by the gestapo. They are merely regulations your next President can undo.

There is no Gestapo in the United States.

The regulations are in place now and Trump is required to follow them.

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 09-03-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad Here:

Pot, meet kettle.

Ha! Instead of that drive-by post Joe, why not supply a quote that would back up your insinuation. Find a post of mine, where out of the blue, I trash someone on this forum for no reason.

Sure, I readily admit that I can (and often do) respond to incivility with incivility... and I know that it irks the hell out of the usual suspects here. They resent it when a meek mild-mannered Canuck gets all uppity with them.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

37454 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work] Here:

He's (Yellow-88) stated several times that he's 80, and emphasized that everyone else younger than him is essentially "young and inexperienced" and that because of this, they don't fully appreciate the wisdom of his knowledge, and that his information as he understands it is truly the correct information. He also suggested that everyone else here doesn't understand intellectual thought, and that he comes from a research background, whereas everyone else on here lacks these concepts. I found that rather interesting, particularly because I personally know a lot of people on this forum, and they are quite accomplished.

Todd, has Yellow-88 ever criticized/attacked you, as an individual? I'm trying to understand why you take it so personally when another forum member simply expresses how they feel about themselves and others in general. You've often stated in no uncertain terms that you view yourself very highly. Great, more power to you. Shall the rest of us now do our best to try and tear you down?

IMO, if someone is 80+ years old and they're posting at an online forum... geez man, cut them some slack! I'm only 12 years behind Yellow-88, so I'm hoping I'm at least as together as he appears to be at his age... if I'm fortunate enough to make it that far!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-03-2024).]

Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if you saw the video of the families that INVITED President Trump but everything that you heard on NBC, CNN, or whatever crap media you prefer has been proven to be 100% false!
They put out a video in response to Kakula Harris's stupid tweet. It's all over YT if you care to see it.

The Democrats have made a mess of my country! In fact here in Detroit, they just nabbed 10 Venezuelan gang members breaking into homes and assaulting people. All illegals from the border! Thanks democrats! It's even worse in Colorado and New York! The way I see it, the only fair way to settle this is a civil war. Patriots against democrats.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Todd, has Yellow-88 ever criticized/attacked you, as an individual? I'm trying to understand why you take it so personally when another forum member simply expresses how they feel about themselves and others in general. You've often stated in no uncertain terms that you view yourself very highly. Great, more power to you. Shall the rest of us now do our best to try and tear your down?

IMO, if someone is 80+ years old and they're posting at an online forum... jeez man, cut them some slack! I'm only 12 years behind Yellow-88, so I'm hoping I'm at least as together as he appears to be at his age... if I'm fortunate enough to make it that far!

In short, yes... multiple times. The insults to me don't really bother me personally. It's the arrogance that he came on here with. Chances are quite good that he's nowhere near as accomplished as he thinks he is (comparatively), but the "assumptions" he's made about everyone else on here. He gave off that, "Gather-round redneck trailer dwellers... I'm about to school you on the smarts." And that's what gets to me. As I've mentioned before... there are many, many very accomplished people on Pennocks. There's a movie producer, there's a former member of the National Security Council from the Pentagon, there's several spies... I know because I once was, and my Fiero wasn't the only one in the parking lot at headquarters (and I've talked to them personally). There's medical doctors, MULTIPLE researchers with patents and conference papers. Weirdly enough,.. he also tried to use reverse psychology by praising me as a genius and some other stuff to see how I would respond... but I just ignored it.

I'd like to correct you on the "highly" though. I've been somewhat accomplished in life (my own opinion)... a lot of it I've worked really hard for, but some of it I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when the "next big thing" hit... and I was swept up with it. But I certainly do not view myself as better than anyone else. That is an important distinction, and it bothers me to no end when I see others do that... and I get that impression from Yellow-88.

Now... I am arrogant, yes. It stems from me being a really good looking guy when I was younger. But that was ~24 years ago, I'm totally not a good looking guy now, haha... I'm old, beer gut (which actually comes from cheeseburgers), and my hair is starting to turn grey. But the self-esteem never leaves you.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 09-03-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rhodesia1977:

The way I see it, the only fair way to settle this is a civil war.

How'd that work out back home?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

37454 posts
Member since Apr 99

It's the arrogance that he (Yellow-88) came on here with.

Now... I am arrogant, yes. It stems from me being a really good looking guy when I was younger.

Maybe Yellow-88 was even better looking than you as a young guy. Perhaps his "arrogance" is more deserved than yours. Face it Todd, you're all washed up now. lol

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-03-2024).]

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
32 CFR § 553.1

Memorial service or ceremony. Any activity intended to honor the memory of a person or persons interred, inurned, or memorialized in the Army National Military Cemeteries. This term includes private memorial services, public memorial services, public wreath laying ceremonies, and official ceremonies.

https://www.merriam-webster...y/memorial%20service
memorial service
noun
: a commemorative service of worship held for a dead person

Visiting the gravestones after the memorial service is not part of the service therefore is not covered by 32 CFR 553.32 (c).
Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Todd, has Yellow-88 ever criticized/attacked you, as an individual? I'm trying to understand why you take it so personally when another forum member simply expresses how they feel about themselves and others in general. You've often stated in no uncertain terms that you view yourself very highly. Great, more power to you. Shall the rest of us now do our best to try and tear your down?

IMO, if someone is 80+ years old and they're posting at an online forum... jeez man, cut them some slack! I'm only 12 years behind Yellow-88, so I'm hoping I'm at least as together as he appears to be at his age... if I'm fortunate enough to make it that far!

82-T/A Please forgive me for any comments that I've made about you, that have been misinterpreted. Let me explain further.

My referral it you and your work was not a personal attack on you, rather it was a waring to others. In my conversations with intelligent people both young and old about AI technology, a common theme expressed is that AI is major step in the evolution of human intellect. It's the human that concerns them most. The feeling is that the humans that do "AI Work" must be absolutely unbiased in any way or we are in deep schit. One fear is that AI could accidently "learn" something from someone working intently with them. It seems that most views of AI is "SI-FI" stuff. As a kid, all the tech stuff young people today were born with, was absolutely Science Fiction .
Forums like this where way at the otter limits of holly wood.

The reference to you, is that you have clearly shown ridged bias.
That isn't criticism, it's the scary mirror.

On "Youth and Inexperience." Youth is relative. Experience increases as "youth" is used up. It's like a fixed account with no interest.
Mid life crises is a real thing. There is no age number on it. For some here, we've already been there and, I think others have not. If a young person sees being called inexperienced as an insult or attack, that person probably thinks he knows "everything" and thus will have difficulty advancing. The verb To Advance. To increase ones experience? Young, Inexperienced and just getting started! That's how I see it.

Old and Wise is the other end of that. Youth is pretty much used up but there's lots of "experience." If one see it like I see it, one accumulates a whole lot of it. The wisdom thing takes time. If I make it to 100, I want my memory and consciousness, that's the hard part, transferred into an android body. It's just SI FI now so .... it could happen. Comon Young and Inexperienced, let's get started!

I have never said that any one here is lesser than me in intellect, knowledge, formal education, position of wealth, stature or achievement. I have stated that I started life as a retarded kid. I became to be who I am by learning to LOOK. And by learning to SEE. Again, I'd gladly share some beers with any one here and feel right at home doing it.
Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yellow-88

818 posts
Member since Feb 2005

Maybe Yellow-88 was even better looking than you as a young guy. Perhaps his "arrogance" is more deserved than yours. Face it Todd, you're all washed up now. lol

Cool! I get a new label. Usually that one goes on young guys so thanks for the shot of youth.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thankfully, our laws are generally well written and precise. Each word in a statute has a particular meaning.

I know that you will be unable to grasp that concept and realize that all of your histrionics over this issue are, as usual, misplaced.

HINT: Even the smallest word in a statute can, and frequently does, have very significant meaning.

Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In short, yes... multiple times. The insults to me don't really bother me personally. It's the arrogance that he came on here with. Chances are quite good that he's nowhere near as accomplished as he thinks he is (comparatively), but the "assumptions" he's made about everyone else on here. He gave off that, "Gather-round redneck trailer dwellers... I'm about to school you on the smarts." And that's what gets to me. As I've mentioned before... there are many, many very accomplished people on Pennocks. There's a movie producer, there's a former member of the National Security Council from the Pentagon, there's several spies... I know because I once was, and my Fiero wasn't the only one in the parking lot at headquarters (and I've talked to them personally). There's medical doctors, MULTIPLE researchers with patents and conference papers. Weirdly enough,.. he also tried to use reverse psychology by praising me as a genius and some other stuff to see how I would respond... but I just ignored it.

I'd like to correct you on the "highly" though. I've been somewhat accomplished in life (my own opinion)... a lot of it I've worked really hard for, but some of it I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when the "next big thing" hit... and I was swept up with it. But I certainly do not view myself as better than anyone else. That is an important distinction, and it bothers me to no end when I see others do that... and I get that impression from Yellow-88.

Now... I am arrogant, yes. It stems from me being a really good looking guy when I was younger. But that was ~24 years ago, I'm totally not a good looking guy now, haha... I'm old, beer gut (which actually comes from cheeseburgers), and my hair is starting to turn grey. But the self-esteem never leaves you.

It sounds like your off to a truly great start. Congratulations on your achievements. Don't stop and, from the Old Man, be careful.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2024 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Old and Wise is the other end of that. Youth is pretty much used up but there's lots of "experience." If one see it like I see it, one accumulates a whole lot of it. The wisdom thing takes time.

We have an old proverb in Swedish: "Visdom finns i huvudet inte i skägget"

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The regulations are in place now and Trump is required to follow them.

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
32 CFR § 553.1
Visiting the gravestones after the memorial service is not part of the service therefore is not covered by 32 CFR 553.32 (c).

Doug, there is also 553.1 (d)

(d) Private memorial services may be closed to the media and public as determined by the decedent's primary next of kin.

It is clear that BingB and Yellow-88 have Trump derangement syndrome. Those like them are the only ones who are offended by the reminder of the Biden/Harris incompetency.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rhodesia1977:

Not sure if you saw the video of the families that INVITED President Trump but everything that you heard on NBC, CNN, or whatever crap media you prefer has been proven to be 100% false! .

Nothing from the media has been proven false.

If I am wrong then tell me what was reported by the media that was false.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing from the media has been proven false.

BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

32 CFR § 553.1

Memorial service or ceremony. Any activity intended to honor the memory of a person or persons interred, inurned, or memorialized in the Army National Military Cemeteries. This term includes private memorial services, public memorial services, public wreath laying ceremonies, and official ceremonies.

https://www.merriam-webster...y/memorial%20service
memorial service
noun
: a commemorative service of worship held for a dead person

The rule covers "private memorial services". And there was more than just a visitation to the graves. There was a ceremony where Trump placed flowers on the graves. That was the footage they used in the Tik Tok video.

BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

2184 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Doug, there is also 553.1 (d)

(d) Private memorial services may be closed to the media and public as determined by the decedent's primary next of kin..

This has nothing to do with the controversy because the service was closed to the media.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

2184 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Originally posted by randye:
Thankfully, our laws are generally well written and precise. Each word in a statute has a particular meaning.

I know that you will be unable to grasp that concept and realize that all of your histrionics over this issue are, as usual, misplaced.

HINT: Even the smallest word in a statute can, and frequently does, have very significant meaning.

No misunderstanding at all.

Filming a political ad is a clear example of political activity.

If you have something to say why not say it instead of posting cryptic commenst that mean nothing?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe! Haha... that makes no difference how I view or feel about myself. I'm married though, and take those vows seriously. It's gotten much easier to keep those vows as I've gotten older as I'm not getting hit on anymore (it's been a while). Which is totally OK for me. I'm not in horrible shape, to be clear, haha... maybe 20 pounds more than I should. But I do owe it to myself and my family to be healthy.

In my conversations with intelligent people both young and old about AI technology, a common theme expressed is that AI is major step in the evolution of human intellect. It's the human that concerns them most. The feeling is that the humans that do "AI Work" must be absolutely unbiased in any way or we are in deep schit. One fear is that AI could accidently "learn" something from someone working intently with them. It seems that most views of AI is "SI-FI" stuff. As a kid, all the tech stuff young people today were born with, was absolutely Science Fiction .
Forums like this where way at the otter limits of holly wood.

Ignoring all the other stuff because I really don't care. That other stuff is a you problem to sort out.

On this though...

AI is literally just math. This is why I included a link to that Coursera training class, which should be free. Honestly... it's worth taking for anyone who doesn't already have a solid grasp of what AI is and is not. Here is the link again, there's no shame in learning this just because I am the one sending the link. I took the course too when I first got into AI: https://www.coursera.org/le...67c0071e94640aed6654

Man... I don't know how much I want to get into this... so please watch the course, rather than spreading craziness. AI isn't some homogenous thing. It's an over-arching concept that has multiple components to it, which includes things like Machine Learning, Deep Learning, etc. If anything, it is the study of well-placed statistics. That is, everything that AI does, is in some sense a replication of that which a human already does well. And this is key... AI can ONLY do things that a human can ALREADY do. It cannot do things that a human has never done before. This will likely always be a roadblock for it... meaning that a human personally has to constantly push the envelope of science and innovation, because an AI cannot. It can add totally random concepts together and create new innovations ... but those are based on existing concepts.

Furthermore, such as with math... when we delegate all of our faculties to automation, we as humans forget how to do the most basic things. I can't for the life of me build a fire without a match. And I cannot do calculus without a calculator. These are generally bad things... the fact that I remember the quadratic equation is simply because it was beat into me as a child, but other than dumb stuff like Pythagorean's Theorem, or **** like SohCahToa, I have to use a calculator. But at my age, I've drawn a line to the point where I refuse to rely on "crutches" for things I should reasonably be doing myself. Like writing papers. It is for this reason I largely detest a lot of AI implementation. I believe a lot more strongly in things like "augmented AI," which for example, is the red squiggly line that occurs under misspelled words in some browsers and Microsoft products. The alternative is full AI where the "system" writes everything.

If you want to judge me on my perceived "bias," I have literally no bias whatsoever in AI development, except for the bias of believing that AI should have zero bias. It's not for me to make a decision of what is right or wrong in say, content retrieval. If the internet is made up of all pictures of white people... that's what you're going to get. If half the internet is gay, that's also what you're going to get. It doesn't mean that I think it's right or wrong, but it's illogical and fallacious to intentionally bias content. If anything, it's almost a "filarial" concept in my opinion to think that one MUST modify content to appease different groups.

Obviously, I'm not a moron, and there are limits. For example... in our society (U.S. law) we cannot and should not have the ability to produce illicit material (that is images or content that's strictly prohibited by law). Clearly, a private company can do whatever they want... so if they want to build an image learning model of 90% so called "minorities," then that's their prerogative, and I could care less. There's a duty to society though if these same people are the purveyors of content to unsuspecting masses... in my opinion, bias should not come from delivery of content, but from the person consuming it. For things that are illegal, you have tools called "Guardrails," which makes use of stuff like a Vector Database and modifications to Retrieval Augmented Generation (pulling from external data rather than a foundational model), etc. Otherwise, my opinion is that society should learn to use AI to "augment" their lives, like an Alexa. It should not be used to control their lives.

There, I've probably wasted my time. So please stop pretending like the fact that I do AI means that all trans people are going to be killed or the Third Reich is somehow coming back. And this whole thread is retarded, and its premise is exceptionally biased.
PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The rule covers "private memorial services". And there was more than just a visitation to the graves. There was a ceremony where Trump placed flowers on the graves. That was the footage they used in the Tik Tok video.

The ceremony had no partisan political activity. Even if true, the political activity you are alleging took place happened after the ceremony. Case dismissed.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 09-04-2024).]

Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

randye brings up a excellent point about words. Earlier in this thread it was said that my young friend doesn't know the meaning of ANC. She does. Look carefully at her choice of words. ".... it's not easy to become free." Knowing her, I'm sure she spent some time choosing those words. The verb to become implies action. To be is more passive. She understands that "freedom" requires constant action. She knows that even " ...perfectly polished..." requires constant vigilance to keep it that way.

My young friend's article goes far beyond "How I spent my summer vacation." Again, this young woman has become my go to consultant when I get really stuck.

This one is from "our" upcoming book. "Great Sprit shares it's dreams only with those willing to listen. Learn to listen and learn to see, because Great Sprit's Dreams are memories of the future."

I think she a great chance of achieving "wisdom" any years from now. The bottom line is that, words have meaning.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The ceremony had no partisan political activity. Even if true, the political activity you are alleging took place happened after the ceremony. Case dismissed.

A political ad was filmed at the gravesite. That is the very definition of "political activity".

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One would think that if there was anywhere in Arlington that prohibits photography, they would state it in their policy.

https://www.arlingtoncemete...l/Media/Media-Policy

Photography

Photography is permitted within the grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. Photographers who are members of news organizations need to make arrangements for a media escort by contacting the ANC Public Affairs Office at 703-614-0024.

We ask media and cemetery visitors to respect the solemnity of Arlington National Cemetery by refraining from taking pictures of or filming someone who is visibly mourning. Please ask for permission to film or photograph those visiting a gravesite.

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doug85GT

9671 posts
Member since May 2003

A political ad was filmed at the gravesite. That is the very definition of "political activity".

If you saying no political activity is allowed at Arlington. If you are, you are wrong.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you saying no political activity is allowed at Arlington. If you are, you are wrong.

Here is what I say.

So what exactly are you saying is allowed? When and where?

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2024 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is what I say.

So what exactly are you saying is allowed? When and where?

Already addressed. There were no political activities during the services and ceremony exactly as the law states.

I posted the full video of the wreath laying ceremony. Feel free to watch the entire thing and point to where you believe political activity took place.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Easy answer to what rules were being broken. A political ad was being filmed at the gravesides in sec 60.

This guy has a pretty smug tone of voice considering he does not know what he is talking about.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2024 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

2184 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Already addressed. There were no political activities during the services and ceremony exactly as the law states.

In what world is "filming a political ad" NOT "political activity"?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock