Started on: 09-18-2024 12:05 PM
Replies: 18 (269 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 09-27-2024 11:11 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2024 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Error with tracking citizenship puts nearly 100,000 Arizona voters’ eligibility in limbo

The eligibility of nearly 100,000 registered voters in Arizona is up in the air because of an error in state systems uncovered just before the scheduled sending of mail ballots, Secretary of State Adrian Fontes announced on Tuesday.

The state incorrectly marked these voters when they registered to vote as already having provided documented proof of U.S. citizenship, when really, it’s unclear whether they have, Fontes said.

There is no point in explaining this to the children. Either you care or you don't.

------------------
"Ain't no rest for the whiskers."

34.45260465579319, -112.53790558034461

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2024 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Error with tracking citizenship puts nearly 100,000 Arizona voters’ eligibility in limbo
There is no point in explaining this to the children. Either you care or you don't.

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what exactly you're upset about here. This only impacts Arizona residents who have a driver’s license from the State of Arizona, and have had the same driver’s license since 1996. A few direct quotes from this article:

The voters affected by this particular error are people who first obtained their Arizona driver’s license before October 1996 and then were issued a duplicate replacement before registering to vote sometime after 2004, according to Fontes.

It’s unclear why no one noticed the error sooner, Fontes said, but it’s been occurring for roughly two decades and over four administrations.

There is no evidence of widespread noncitizen voting.

The roughly 97,000 voters who were incorrectly marked in the state’s voter rolls lean more heavily Republican, Fontes said, and many are between 45 and 60 years old.

Is the idea that they're stealing the vote in 2024 by having done insufficient ID checks on a bunch of Republicans in 2004, then sleeping on it for two decades?

[This message has been edited by NewDustin (edited 09-18-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2024 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so the Gop wants to stop 100k of citizen's from voting ?

in case a few are not properly with proof
instead of finding and charging a few who are not citizens and do actually vote

so you want 100,000 citizen's not to be allowed to vote even if registered for years ?

typical voter obstruction by the con's
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2024 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GOP wants only US citizens to vote, as they have maintained for decades.

Contrast that with the actions and rhetoric of the DNC.

Now, who is the real threat to democracy?
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2024 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

the one stopping 100,000 people from voting

and not doing the bit harder job of catching the very very few illegals who voted

so 1000 people are stopped to prevent one single illegal non citizen
from voting or 10,000 to 1 that is insane
you could have a point IF there were real proven numbers of illegal who are registered to vote
you boys looked hard and several times an found very few to less then that
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2024 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In this particular instance the discrepancy happened over a 20 year period that included 2 Democrat and 2 Republican governors' administrations. The original driver's licenses in question were issued under a Republican governor. The issue was discovered, and is being resolved, under a Democrat governor. I don't think this particular issue has anything to do with one party or the other, rather with poor public administration.

If what you are worried about is noncitizens voting, what about the direct statement in this article that it there's no evidence of it here?

Given Willie's use of "funny business" and his history of insisting on deep state conspiracy voting fraud in 2020, the apparent goal here doesn't seem to be addressing anything about the actual issue (a 20-year old mistake that has benefitted Republicans if it has benefitted anyone), but rather an I'll-take-anything-I-can-get-without-even-reading-it approach to developing a narrative that the 2024 election was also stolen from Trump. Soon we'll have the folks insisting there's some sea creature-sized revelation coming, but we all know how that ends.
BingB

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-18-2024 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Translation "I have no idea what it says but my right-wing propaganda sources told me it was proof that the democrats are trying to steal the election"

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

Translation "I have no idea what it says but my right-wing propaganda sources told me it was proof that the democrats are trying to steal the election"

Yawn.

Your words have no meaning.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yawn.

Your words have no meaning.

He meant the Dumbs did not want to ensure a safe election.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

Nearly 100K Arizonans could be impacted by error in voter registration system

Richer says the majority of the affected voters are most likely U.S. citizens: they just don't have documented proof. The largest group of them are Republicans, followed by independents and Democrats. Most of the people affected are between the ages of 45 and 60, and over 60% of them are in Maricopa County.

The recorder's office wants these people not to be allowed to vote on a full ballot – which includes federal, state and local elections – but instead, a federal-only ballot which includes only federal elections, the president, U.S. senator and U.S. House of Representatives.

"The Secretary argues that it is too close to the election to implement such a change and that it would be unduly burdensome on voters and deprive them of their voting rights. That is why we are going to the courts. To get a clear answer," Richer wrote on X.

"Every single one of these voters has met the minimum criteria in swearing an affirmation, under penalty of perjury that they would have to do, to vote in every election across the United States of America. Only Arizona has this, what I think is an unreasonable extra burden on its voter," Fontes said. "This happened because we have policies that are being driven by conspiracy theories. And we have for a long time."

So, now you can see that Richer and Fontes are conspiring to punish conservatives for daring to require proof of citizenship for voter registration.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

20749 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Like I said:

There is no point in explaining this to the children.

PFF
System Bot
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, now you can see that Richer and Fontes are conspiring to punish conservatives for daring to require proof of citizenship for voter registration.

Willie...Stephen Ricter is a conservative:
"Stephen is a lifelong conservative who has spent years working at conservative organizations, including the American Enterprise Institute and The Federalist Society, to advance conservative ideas. Stephen believes that free markets, individual rights, a constitutional democracy, and the rule of law are critical to societal success."

The conservative Maricopa County Recorder wants the people impacted to not be allowed to vote on a full ballot.

The liberal Secretary of State wants to allow these people to vote.

So the Conservative County Recorder is now suing the Liberal Secretary of State to stop these people from voting.

How is this them conspiring to punish conservatives?
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin

498 posts
Member since Jan 2024
Again, this has been going on for 20 years. Is the assumption that Fife Symington is on it, as well as Jan Brewer and Doug Ducey? Were all of these Republican candidates also in it to punish conservatives?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not going to waste my time explaining Arizona politics. I already said that three times in this thread.

Richer is a "RINO" who was eliminated in the primary.

I don't care what you think you know. I have been following this circus for decades.

You are not my problem. Have fun.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not going to waste my time explaining Arizona politics. I already said that three times in this thread.

Richer is a "RINO" who was eliminated in the primary.

I don't care what you think you know. I have been following this circus for decades.

You are not my problem. Have fun.

My goal isn't to force critical thought, just encourage it. If standing next to water is your thing, you do you.

[This message has been edited by NewDustin (edited 09-19-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2024 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last Friday, the AZ supreme court issued a decision: https://www.azcourts.gov/Po...DECISION%20ORDER.pdf

Here are several news articles. Take your pick:

AZMirror https://azmirror.com/briefs...y-registered-voters/
PBS https://www.pbs.org/newshou...vote-the-full-ballot
Fox https://www.fox10phoenix.co...ballot-2024-election
NY Post https://nypost.com/2024/09/...enship-coding-error/
NBC https://www.nbcnews.com/pol...ull-ballo-rcna172081

I wasn't going to follow up here, for obvious reasons, but then I figured there might be some who actually care about the news.
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2024 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2024 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2024 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

20749 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Trump Gets Edge in Key Arizona County as Democrats Lose 15% of Their Voters

The drop in Democratic voters, combined with steady Republican gains, has given Trump and the GOP a 21 percent advantage in the state's most populous and politically influential county. This increase in the GOP's margin could be pivotal in determining the outcome of Arizona, a key battleground state that helped decide the 2020 election​.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock