Started on: 09-19-2024 09:59 AM
Replies: 92 (1215 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-26-2024 03:13 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

There you have it. You are an admitted troll.

If pointing out idiotic arguments is being a troll, then I'm guilty as charged.

And if you think that you are going to tell me what topics I'm permitted to comment on here... dream on.

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

And yet here you are. Arguing over politics in a country you don't even live in.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-19-2024).]

IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I'll wait for Cliff Pennock to weigh in with the real reason, (if he chooses to).

The real reason for what? For being banned? I have no idea, you will have to ask the people who rated him negative.

I would like to add though that if a person is being speed-banned (when a person gets banned before his ratings bar shows up), it's always justified. Let me explain. The rating bar becomes active when you have 50 ratings. There are several reasons for that which I won't get into now. But, if at any time before that, you have raked up so many negative ratings that even if every single rating from then on would be positive you'd still get banned when the counter reaches 50, the system speed-bans you. In all honesty, that's quite the feat. It boils down to having received hardly any positive ratings while receiving a butt load of negative ratings.

So in fact, BingB didn't get speed-banned because of the number of negative ratings, he got banned by the lack of positive ratings. If people say that people were ganging up on him and that's what got him banned, then I always call BS. Because it really takes only a few positive ratings to make sure you do not get speed-banned (or banned at all for that matter).

Most of you in this thread have waaaaay more negative ratings than BingB has. But each of you has enough positives to offset that. Negative ratings are easy to come by. But really, so are positives. Just go visit the TD&Q section or the GFC section (which is what PFF is really about) and be helpful. BingB apparently chose to mostly (only?) hang out in the P&R section.
NewDustin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

The rating bar becomes active when you have 50 ratings. There are several reasons for that which I won't get into now. But, if at any time before that, you have raked up so many negative ratings that even if every single rating from then on would be positive you'd still get banned when the counter reaches 50, the system speed-bans you. In all honesty, that's quite the feat. It boils down to having received hardly any positive ratings while receiving a butt load of negative ratings.

So in fact, BingB didn't get speed-banned because of the number of negative ratings, he got banned by the lack of positive ratings. If people say that people were ganging up on him and that's what got him banned, then I always call BS. Because it really takes only a few positive ratings to make sure you do not get speed-banned (or banned at all for that matter)...

...Negative ratings are easy to come by. But really, so are positives. Just go visit the TD&Q section or the GFC section (which is what PFF is really about) and be helpful.

This is great information and I really appreciate the context. I'm off to gather positive ratings and avoid BingToasting myself
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So in fact, BingB didn't get speed-banned because of the number of negative ratings, he got banned by the lack of positive ratings.... Because it really takes only a few positive ratings to make sure you do not get speed-banned (or banned at all for that matter).

I knew BingB was going to be negged by a core group here in P&R who can't tolerate any challenge to their political beliefs. I did my best to help keep BingB afloat... but alas, I have but one vote (despite being accused many times here over the years of having multiple PFF profiles).
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I knew BingB was going to be negged by a core group here in P&R who can't tolerate any challenge to their political beliefs. I did my best to help keep BingB afloat... but alas, I have but one vote (despite being accused many times here over the years of having multiple PFF profiles).

I wish I had this information previously. I would have been more inclined to rate him positively for the points he brought up that did bring value
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NewDustin:

I would have been more inclined to rate him positively for the points he brought up that did bring value

You'd give him a positive for 1% value?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10443 posts
Member since Aug 2007

I knew BingB was going to be negged by a core group here in P&R who can't tolerate any challenge to their political beliefs.

I'm not part of the core and don't care what anyone thinks of my political beliefs. If he creates yet another account, I'll be the first one to welcome him back with a negative.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
You'd give him a positive for 1% value?

I think that's an unfair proportion; there is absolutely value to a dissenting voice in these conversations, and he occasionally contributed more than talking points. I was thinking expressly of this section of the forum though, and considering that he was being a tool in FieroGuru's Mall post, and wasting people's time with questions he didn't apparently need the answer to...I dunno. Maybe. Either way it would have been nice to have the information (not that it's anyone's fault I didn't).
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...and considering that he was being a tool in FieroGuru's Mall post

I hadn't seen that thread. It's debatable IMO whether or not he had actually reached the level of being a "tool" there, but questioning the value of goods in a Mall post perhaps wasn't the brightest or most polite thing to be doing.

Originally posted by BingB Here:

Thermoforming is not rocket science. Especially small stuff like this with no sharp corners. If these sell for over $1K I would think someone would start making them again.

Not many people would be willing to pay $1K, but I bet there would be several buyers at a lower price point.

I will be watching with interest. I don't like pop-up headlights, but I will be driving my car a lot at night so I need something that is functional as well as better looking.

Seriously, if that post was over the line, then 90% of us need to be reciting our Hail Marys.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Toast was a dirtbag and earned his place alongside furgal and sourmash.

Still, I have never given anyone a negative rating and probably never will. I say "probably" because I suppose it is possible that someone could commit an act so heinous that I would be bound by duty to help with the housecleaning. But so far, no one here is any more than tiny blinking lights.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I knew BingB was going to be negged by a core group here in P&R who can't tolerate any challenge to their political beliefs.

I would like to add though that if a person is being speed-banned (when a person gets banned before his ratings bar shows up), it's always justified. Let me explain. The rating bar becomes active when you have 50 ratings. There are several reasons for that which I won't get into now. But, if at any time before that, you have raked up so many negative ratings that even if every single rating from then on would be positive you'd still get banned when the counter reaches 50, the system speed-bans you. In all honesty, that's quite the feat. It boils down to having received hardly any positive ratings while receiving a butt load of negative ratings.

If people say that people were ganging up on him and that's what got him banned, then I always call BS. Because it really takes only a few positive ratings to make sure you do not get speed-banned (or banned at all for that matter).

So as it turns out your imaginary "usual suspects" / "core group" are NOT the principal / proximate cause of another of your comrades being banned.

As Cliff explained, you have to have a "butt load of negative ratings" when even just a few positives can't save you before you hit 50 total ratings.

"that's quite the feat"
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been trying not to respond to this because I realize it's upsetting you so much. But again, what do you consider the "core group" Patrick? There are maybe 5 of us here... Old Joe, myself, Randye, Willie, and Blackrams... and Willie says he doesn't neg. He had nearly 50 dislikes... as Cliff said, an overwhelming number of his ratings were all negatives. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you're so focused on the delusion that it's his politics we don't like, and not the way he interacts. There's several posts on this site outside of P&R where he's pissed people off with nothing to do with politics in the slightest. I will state again, this is the THIRD account he's had on here where he's been banned. And... there are MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE other sites where he's been banned also. This is a constantly reoccurring theme for him... that's outside of our little world.

Have you ever been told that story by your parents... about the guy who keeps getting fired from his job and keeps blaming every boss he has? How... if the same thing keeps happening to a person time and time again, it might just be him that's the problem? This is one of those situations. You seem so convinced that evil Republicans are canceling Democrats on here... but you can't even tell me who the last left-leaning person on here to get banned was... aside from FredToast, ToastGuy (or whatever it was), and BingB... which is the same exact person. Matter of fact, the last two people who were banned from here were both right-leaning... Sourmash and MEM.

Again, you're so convinced that there's some conspiracy here, that you never just stopped to think... maybe Fred is the problem.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Again, you're so convinced that there's some conspiracy here, that you never just stopped to think... maybe Fred is the problem.

Maybe Dustin can educate him about critical thinking.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He had nearly 50 dislikes... as Cliff said

That's not what Cliff said at all.

Originally posted by randye:

As Cliff explained, you have to have a "butt load of negative ratings" when even just a few positives can't save you before you hit 50 total ratings.

"that's quite the feat"

And how many are a "butt load"? You don't know, and I don't know. That's Cliff's business, and I'm not seeking that info.

I've been trying not to respond to this because I realize it's upsetting you so much.

Why do you make the erroneous assumption that because I express myself on a public forum that I'm "upset"? You've done this countless times over the years. I'm quite capable of expressing an opinion just fine without being "upset". And no, I'm not heavily medicated either. I've expressed how I feel about the situation. You're free to disagree as you see fit.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's not what Cliff said at all.

Let's do some common sense here. I said, "He had nearly 50 dislikes,"

Cliff said,

"I would like to add though that if a person is being speed-banned (when a person gets banned before his ratings bar shows up), it's always justified. Let me explain. The rating bar becomes active when you have 50 ratings. There are several reasons for that which I won't get into now. But, if at any time before that, you have raked up so many negative ratings that even if every single rating from then on would be positive you'd still get banned when the counter reaches 50, the system speed-bans you. In all honesty, that's quite the feat. It boils down to having received hardly any positive ratings while receiving a butt load of negative ratings."

... and, "...it really takes only a few positive ratings to make sure you do not get speed-banned."

Let's deduce some things here:
- If you have raked up so many negative ratings, you are speed banned once the counter reaches 50.
- It really takes only a few positive ratings to make sure you do not get speed-banned.
- ... it's quite the feat (to do what BingB did)
- It boils down to having received hardly any positive ratings while receiving a butt load of negative ratings

You seem still convinced... (erroneously), that it's all because he was left-leaning.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great discussion. Let's test these theories the next time he signs up.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MEM was an anarchist, sourmash was a neo-NAZI and furgal was just an angry little twerp.

Although furgal claimed to be a conservative, he constantly demonstrated otherwise. He was clueless.

Sourmash, furgal and toast all had the same behavioral issues.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It boils down to having received hardly any positive ratings while receiving a butt load of negative ratings

...which is pretty easy to do if one limits themselves here almost exclusively to political "discussion" (and I use that term loosely).

You seem still convinced... (erroneously), that it's all because he was left-leaning.

Please Todd, if the ultra right-wingers were judged as harshly in this forum, at least one of your forum buddies would've been gone from here years ago.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Maybe Dustin can educate him about critical thinking.

My success rate on the forum is spotty.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin

498 posts
Member since Jan 2024

I hadn't seen that thread. It's debatable IMO whether or not he had actually reached the level of being a "tool" there, but questioning the value of goods in a Mall post perhaps wasn't the brightest or most polite thing to be doing.

I might be touchy about it because I've used Guru's write ups and information more than anyone else's so far, and I respect the hell out of him running a Fiero performance business and giving back to the community. Crapping on him making money off the sale of a rare item rubbed me all kinds of the wrong way. It's not like he's here scamming people.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2024 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I might be touchy about it because I've used Guru's write ups and information more than anyone else's so far...

Fieroguru is indeed a wonderful resource of information, and is a most valuable member of the Fiero community.

Crapping on him making money off the sale of a rare item rubbed me all kinds of the wrong way.

IMO, what BingB posted could hardly be described as "crapping on him"... but then I'm probably jaded, because over the years I have witnessed absolute world-class crapping on fellow PFF members here in P&R, and prior to that, O/T.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-21-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people show toxic traits and then wonder why they get a negative or even banned. One of life's great mysteries.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please Todd, if the ultra right-wingers were judged as harshly in this forum, at least one of your forum buddies would've been gone from here years ago.

I’m concerned. If you consider me an ultra right winger, what do you consider MEM, Efrugal, Uhlsnstan, Sourmash, etc.? Again, we literally treated them the same. Other than Fred, tell me the last left-leaning person that was banned, and how long ago that was…?

Exactly…
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stan and rayb are like two sides of the same coin. I would have rented a theater just to have them on stage together.

We wouldn't even need a moderator, just a bartender.

I have been a fan of Tom Waits since I was in high school.

Jordan Peterson on Tom Waits: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Azs5FnunbeY

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-21-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tell me the last left-leaning person that was banned

Tell me the last left-leaning person that deserved to be banned.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Zombies, they all think the same things, like it's a disease.
TDS, the third and final stage, brought back to live again in agony, the madness of commie thought.
Rabid is infected, contaminated, his brain being consumed by commie grubs wriggling inside his noodle, devouring any rational reasoning, an empty husk, a hollow coconut, an empty gourd.
Living in America, confused by what the msm tells him is real, lied to every day, his iQ deficit impeding any recognition of reality, it's all so hopelessly sad.
' Remove the head, or, destroy the brain ! ' ~ Shaun of the Dead
Alligator bait, stumbling, crawling around in the municipal parks, unable to outrun the ambitious prehistoric amphibians with appetites.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Zombies, they all think the same things, like it's a disease.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FredToast / BingB / Jim / all the fake names... that guy was a real ******* across the board.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can agree to disagree on Fred... but following your own restriction, he wasn't even supposed to be included among the candidates.

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work] Here:

Other than Fred...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-21-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2024 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can agree to disagree on Fred... but following your own restriction, he wasn't even supposed to be included among the candidates.

What was the point in even asking me this? I can’t even remember the last time we banned a left-leaning person. Maybe Boondawg… but it wasn’t me, and it was probably for all the other stuff he posted. That was like 7 years ago. We’ve banned at least 6 right leaning people since then. Again, what did you hope to gain by asking me this? This does not seem to be helping your argument.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2024 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2024 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick Here:

[/QUOTE]

I mean, that's an easy one... FredToast. The guy was an ******* . The overwhelming preponderance of the website thought he was an ******* too. Not only that, he's been banned on multiple websites, where politics isn't even discussed... a football site, a Mitsubishi Eclipse site, etc. Seems you're the ONLY one that doesn't think so. Not only that, he managed to get himself banned three times on here. Why do you keep going in circles. He's one left-leaning person amid a half-dozen right-leaning people over the past few years. You can get over it. The loss of FredToast is another message forum's gain (haha). I'm sure we'll see him again. He's too narcissistic to accept a loss. We'll probably see a new person with a bunch of dumb questions in Tech... he'll try to be super nice, it'll be totally obvious, and he'll be right back in here again. He'll get banned again because he has literally nothing to offer outside of his political opinions.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2024 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I mean, that's an easy one... FredToast.

Okay, let's try this one last time.

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work] Here:

Other than Fred...

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Other than Fred...

Your right Patrick... I can't remember the last time we banned a left-leaning person. It's been years.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's all in context... right? No one really gets angry at Rayb... I don't know if it's because people either brush off what he says, or they know he's just wild like that, and you learn not to get worked up by what he says. Rinse was determined, but he was if anything else, ALWAYS respectful and I could have real conversations with him, which I appreciated very much.

It is all in context. I do brush off what Rayb says, because I can not decipher his words. He did not give me a decoder ring. ALSO BECAUSE HE IS ALWAYS YELLING. Good on him.

rinselberg, Love him, miss him. Boondawg, miss him too. Neptune, miss him. 84fiero123, love and miss him too. Patrick ? Love him too except he BingBs too much.

Patrick always complains about the opinions different from his own. BingBoy would at least attempt to offer up a reason for his own disagreement of our opinions.

Bing Bob wanted to get people agitated because he himself has stated his only goal is to troll.

E Ghads ! Patrick and BingBot are the same person, , .

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36509 posts
Member since Jun 2003

JAZZMAN
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

JAZZMAN

If I remember correctly, he wasn't even banned for his politics. Cliff banned him because he decided to "take his ball and go home", and started deleting all the useful tech threads that he had ever posted. If you pull up one of his posts, he's still got a mostly green bar.

Talk about sour grapes.

I still wonder how he's doing. Guy had issues (even by his own admission.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-23-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

JAZZMAN

I don't think Jazzman was ever banned because of us... I think he removed himself from the equation and ASKED Cliff to Ban him. He basically went totally nuts and asked Cliff to remove everything he'd ever done, and when Cliff said he couldn't do it, then he went methodically through and deleted every single one of his posts... especially the ones that were helpful and useful to everyone.

The problem with Jazzman, unfortunately, was (as he self-admitted) that he had Asperger's syndrome, but to a degree that he really didn't understand the behavior of people... and he got really upset from his interactions. I'm not trying to attack people with Asperger's... there are plenty of people on here with it, but as with anything, it's a spectrum. Many people on Pennock's that have it, are still able to infer subtle nuance (which is even harder on a message board), or have been diagnosed and taught to identify behaviors with which to recognize whether people are mad, happy, sad, whatever.

It's been a while. I don't EVER recall having a problem with him, and to that point... I remember he had like many hundreds of positives (like, into the 500s), with no red on his bar. There was one time he became super mad at me... I mean, extremely irate. It was from a meme that I posted. I found a picture of a silhouette of someone playing Saxaphone amidst the backdrop of a sunset at a beach and palm trees. I added text to it that said... "THERE IS NO JAZZ IN THE TECHNICAL SECTION."

Meaning that, he was all business in the tech section. It was literally something that I did in just a few seconds, and thought he might think it's funny. I don't know what he assumed from it (he didn't say), but he totally lost his **** and got really, really angry with me. I mean, I barely remember it... but I remember trying to tell him that it was just a joke, and not sure why he was mad. He had a really hard time identifying intent and behavior from people. It's a shame... he was generally well liked.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your right Patrick... I can't remember the last time we banned a left-leaning person. It's been years.

Well there you go... proof positive that it's the non-lefties that cause the most trouble here and need to be escorted off the premises.

The problem with Jazzman, unfortunately, was (as he self-admitted) that he had Asperger's syndrome, but to a degree that he really didn't understand the behavior of people... and he got really upset from his interactions.

And there were certain individuals here who took full advantage of that and wound JazzMan up on purpose... over and over and over again. He eventually cracked. It was cruel behavior by those who engaged/indulged in it, and disgusting to witness.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well there you go... proof positive that it's the non-lefties that cause the most trouble here and need to be escorted off the premises.

I do like, if I may... how you found yourself on the wrong side of that argument, and then quickly turned it around by saying the exact same thing I said and pretending like that was your point all along. 

And there were certain individuals here who took full advantage of that and wound JazzMan up on purpose... over and over and over again. He eventually cracked. It was cruel behavior by those who engaged/indulged in it, and disgusting to witness.

I don't really remember it, honestly... I was pre-occupied with everything else going on in my life, and my participation on Pennock's at that time was spotty... but I'll take your word for it. The thing though, these are skills we learn as children... or at least hope to. Unfortunately, Jazzman had a difficult time adjusting, and some people... regardless of politics, will see someone that doesn't respond well and tend to poke them (for whatever they tend to get out of it). It's not right... but it does happen.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock