Started on: 09-19-2024 09:59 AM
Replies: 92 (1215 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-26-2024 03:13 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I do like, if I may... how you found yourself on the wrong side of that argument, and then quickly turned it around by saying the exact same thing I said and pretending like that was your point all along.

Patrick, maybe you should be a politician!

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do like, if I may... how you found yourself on the wrong side of that argument, and then quickly turned it around by saying the exact same thing I said and pretending like that was your point all along.

Ha, I knew you'd come up blank (or make something up) trying to answer your own question that I rephrased.

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

Tell me the last left-leaning person that deserved to be banned.

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work] Here:

Other than Fred...

And I'm still waiting to hear who the heck this "we" and "us" is that you keep referring to. Is this like some kind of rogue vigilante group that you believe you represent?

For the record, Patrick... you've been here long enough to know that we've banned a few more right-wing people than we have left-wing people.

Ulhanstan, Sourmash, MEM, and dozens of others. We've actually been far more supportive of people on the left than we have on the right. This is a difference... and I think you need to understand this. Most of us on the right have no problem enforcing our sense of decorum for people with whom we mostly agree with. We generally find certain things totally unacceptable, and we ALL support getting rid of someone who violates that. On the left though, the people on here never hold others to account... only when it's someone on the right.

He (Fred/Bing) was almost exactly like Sourmash, and you had no problems helping us get rid of him.

Again, you've ignored all the important questions... there are significantly more right-leaning people that we've banned...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-23-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2024 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Ha, I knew you'd come up blank (or make something up) trying to answer your own question that I rephrased.

See, this is the problem with me calling you out. You'd hoped that I wouldn't notice... (but of course I did). So I called it out because it was funny, and now you view that as an affront to your ego, and so of course you have to respond and get right back into it again as if you never intended.

So let me correct you, and not try to do it funny this time.

This post: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../HTML/001222.html#p9
and this post: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/001222.html#p12
and this post: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/001222.html#p17
and this post: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/001222.html#p26
and then even after Cliff told you otherwise, you made this post: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...ML/001222-2.html#p43
and then this post: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...ML/001222-2.html#p57

... none of which were quoted in your above response, or you seem to be including in your scenario. I'll summarize them for you. You basically suggested that the "RWNJs" have unparalleled power, and consistently vote off people who disagree with them, and that every left-leaning person who disagrees with them gets voted off.

Of course, I educated you to the fact that the preponderance of people who have been voted off (not including the 3x Fred) were all right-leaning. When you yourself couldn't think of a single left-leaning person who had been banned in this half-decade, you turned it around as if to suggest that from the very beginning you never meant that, and then responded with the right-leaning people deserving it (which they did... and why we all collectively banned them, as a group).

And I'm still waiting to hear who the heck this "we" and "us" is that you keep referring to. Is this like some kind of rogue vigilante group that you believe you represent?

I mean, I've already answered this...

Here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/001222.html#p24
Here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...ML/001222-2.html#p51
... and several others answered it.

But I'll answer it again:

"WE" are the people who rated him... you know, the majority who voted him off. I also include it to mean the people whom I PM back and forth on Pennock's.

Love you, Patrick.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2024 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

23875 posts
Member since Aug 2002
In this back and forth that Patrick has had going on... I've come to the realization that Pennock's is a microcosm of what actually happens in all political message boards... and the thing I want to specifically tease out is... Republicans / Conservatives seem to be far more tolerant of different view points.

On Democrat-Leaning websites... they almost always have a Democrat-Only policy... meaning that if you express any right-wing views, you're kicked off immediately and ridiculed.

On Republican-Leaning websites... they always want and support having Democrat individuals on those sites. There exist no "Republican-Only" message forums, but there are MANY Democrat-Only message boards.

Twitter was a perfect example of this... de-platform and silence conservative voices, while only allowing liberal discussion. So much for democracy.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 09-24-2024).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2024 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
JAZZMAN

Originally posted by Raydar:
If I remember correctly, he wasn't even banned for his politics. Cliff banned him because he decided to "take his ball and go home", and started deleting all the useful tech threads that he had ever posted. If you pull up one of his posts, he's still got a mostly green bar.

Talk about sour grapes.

I still wonder how he's doing. Guy had issues (even by his own admission.)

James was JazzMans's real name. I have met him a few times, at Fiero rallies. Very nice guy. James deleted all his posts, which had great advice and pictures, in tech except one. Saying he deleted them all "at cliffw's request".

At one time he did post that he could not be banned due to his green bar. I would always biatch back at him when he demanded to control the theme of political posts. Even with threads which evolved into politics.

JazzMan even started "non political" twins of threads of discussion trends here. The political threads would run ... many pages. James's non political threads would get maybe three responses.

I just reached out to the North Texas Fiero Club, asking how James the JazzMan is doing.

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And there were certain individuals here who took full advantage of that and wound JazzMan up on purpose... over and over and over again. He eventually cracked. It was cruel behavior by those who engaged/indulged in it, and disgusting to witness.

Why would people want to take advantage of JazzMan ?

...wound JazzMan up on purpose... over and over and over again.

My my.

How many times will you get slapped in the face before you plead for them to stop slapping you. He was the kind of guy that hated political discussions but participated anyways. Then complained. Over and over and over again. Or, was that you ?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Why would people want to take advantage of JazzMan ?

Perhaps ask yourself that very question. You were by far one of the worst offenders. It's bizarre how you so often express concern about JazzMan's well-being, when you did your level best while he was here to drive him over the edge.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

37454 posts
Member since Apr 99

You basically suggested that the "RWNJs" have unparalleled power, and consistently vote off people who disagree with them, and that every left-leaning person who disagrees with them gets voted off.

This discussion has focused too much on members actually being banned. My earlier comments are more on target.

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

I've seen the way your (Todd) posts have soured recently when responding to NewDustin and Yellow-88. It won't be long before they're no longer welcome to post in P&R by the usual suspects. They have the audacity to rock the RWNJ boat. This doesn't sit well with the old boys network.

I see the same scenario played out here over and over. You and the other RWNJs here taunt anyone who doesn't share your narrow view of the world, and when you start getting back what you've been dishing out, you cry foul. It's the same old pattern.

Fortunately, NewDustin is still posting in this sub-section, but where has Yellow-88 been lately? He's active in the tech sections... but he appears to have vacated P&R. I wonder why.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This discussion has focused too much on members actually being banned. My earlier comments are more on target.

Apology accepted.

Fortunately, NewDustin is still posting in this sub-section, but where has Yellow-88 been lately? He's active in the tech sections... but he appears to have vacated P&R. I wonder why.

He hadn't posted in a long time, and came back after what seemed like a long Hiatus. He came into every thread early upon his return with a... "Hello subjects, the master of all has returned... gather-round while I explain the world to you." I know he has a lot to offer, but respect is earned... from each person individually... not something that just exists simply because you want it so. He's realized this wasn't the greatest approach, and has kind of toned it down. Not everyone is a great communicator, nor am I, and I'm totally at ease with my failings...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apology accepted.

Ha! Sure thing.

He (Yellow-88) came into every thread early upon his return with a... "Hello subjects, the master of all has returned... gather-round while I explain the world to you."

You can't tolerate someone else displaying any form of self-confidence? You'd prefer he grovelled?

He's realized this wasn't the greatest approach...

Oh?

...and has kind of toned it down.

Yeah, leaving P&R entirely I suppose could be interpreted by some as "toning it down". IMO, Yellow-88 leaving P&R has more to do with him wishing to avoid further unnecessary confrontation. What a surprise, eh? After all, it's such a welcoming atmosphere in P&R for everyone of all political persuasions.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can't tolerate someone else displaying any form of self-confidence? You'd prefer he grovelled?

I think you know me enough, at least... to be honest about what my intentions are, even if you don't like the direction they go. I clearly have a high self-esteem (possibly undeserved), but I absolutely do not have a problem with others who are also self-confident, only those who are arrogant in a way that's demeaning to others... such as calling everyone else literally young and dumb, or talking about having such great experience and then saying everyone else (and assuming everyone else) is ignorant or "lower" in experience than he is. On many car forums, traditionally, you'd have a type of "good ole boy" who could barely afford the car they had, and spent all the money they DIDN'T have on said car, meanwhile neglecting their home and living in a shanty. That's not the case here on Pennock's, today. As I've mentioned in those threads, you have some seriously accomplished people on this message board, many of which are far less forthcoming about their past than I've been. So, as I explained several times, it's not that he values himself and his experience, but that he assumed everyone else was trailer trash that really bothers me.

So, are we good? Or would you like to bring up another member and we can start going on and on about that?

Yeah, leaving P&R entirely I suppose could be interpreted by some as "toning it down". IMO, Yellow-88 leaving P&R has more to do with him wishing to avoid further unnecessary confrontation. What a surprise, eh? After all, it's such a welcoming atmosphere in P&R for everyone of all political persuasions.

Yeah, it seems you never stop, and it becomes a merry-go-round of bickering about anyone and everyone you can possibly think about so long as someone is willing to ride with you.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, as I explained several times, it's not that he values himself and his experience, but that he assumed everyone else was trailer trash that really bothers me.

It's amazing how you believe you can read other member's minds... in this case, Yellow-88's. Speaking for myself, I certainly never got the impression that I was viewed by him as "trailer trash".

Yeah, it seems you never stop...

And I won't... as long as I feel other PFF members are being harassed/bullied by a core group of extremists here.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2024 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Film at eleven.

(There's a blast from the past)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay