Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Why don't Liberal websites have a comments section, and Conservative websites do?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Why don't Liberal websites have a comments section, and Conservative websites do? by olejoedad
Started on: 09-19-2024 03:47 PM
Replies: 18 (192 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 09-24-2024 10:03 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find the contrast between the Liberal and Conservative website comments policies interesting.

Any thoughts as to why they have different policies?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NewDustin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I find the contrast between the Liberal and Conservative website comments policies interesting.

Any thoughts as to why they have different policies?

I've never realized that this was a trend, but you're right...there really does seem to be a trend.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't visit either camp's websites. I am aware however, that comment sections (for online news articles, etc) often attract dissenting opinions. With the vileness often associated with these comments, perhaps it's no surprise the Liberal websites had to shut down their comments section?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why don't Liberal websites have a comments section, and Conservative websites do?

With all due respect... Duh?

The libs don't want to hear, you know, logic.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

With all due respect... Duh?

The libs don't want to hear, you know, logic.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think news article comments sections are bastions of rationality and logical discourse.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I first noticed it about five years ago when PBS turned off the COMMENTS section on their website.
It wasn't too long until other Liberal outlets followed suit.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they wanted your opinion, they would tell you what it is !

' Yeah ! They sure don't like American's opinions '
' Yeah well, Kamala can eff off and die, somewhere offshore, in a communist island paradise,
given a big parade that everyone had to attend. '
' Eff Kamala ! '
' Yeah ! Ditch the Witch in '24 ! '
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2024 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the worst sites I've ever been on, have been ones that are left-leaning. Rayb introduced me to one of the message forums that he frequents... I think it was called Anarchy Sailing. I PM'ed Ray about it several times, and he told me to check it out. So I did... and within a week, I'd been doxed, and people were threatening to kill my family. Haha... I don't even know what I had said that got them so upset, but I think I was trying to disprove Trump being a Russian asset. The moderator eventually deleted all my posts at my request, and locked the threads where I had been doxxed, and deleted that content.

But the hardest message board to get on, is Democratic Underground. They are extremely... I mean EXTREMELY cautious about anyone being on there. I didn't know that you HAD to be a Democrat, I just assumed it was a good politics message board. After the first post, I got banned... and I think I mentioned something about having voted for Bill Clinton, but the Democrat party changed too much.

This is ironically, the only message board that I currently discuss politics. I have two friend circles where we e-mail each other throughout the day... and most of them are very left-leaning. We get a little heated at times, but we've been friends for over 20 years... so no one takes any of it personally. Even on X/Twitter, I don't do any politics at all... my entire feed is Dungeons & Dragons, video games, and for some reason I follow a group of Trans Furries that are all into working on cars. One of them is called "Pontiacs are for the Queers" and I follow him, and then as a direct result, all the other trans / furry people who also like and work on cars started popping up on my feed. Haha...
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2024 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Along with the theme of this thread ...

https://americanmind.org/sa...tion-of-free-speech/
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
I don't visit either camp's websites. I am aware however, that comment sections (for online news articles, etc) often attract dissenting opinions. With the vileness often associated with these comments, perhaps it's no surprise the Liberal websites had to shut down their comments section?

Damn. Liberals will cut off their nose despite their face ?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would only left leaning sites restrict comments on their published words?

I read both left and right leaning publications, and the comments when available, and the vitriol of the left leaning comments on the right leaning sites is shocking.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why would only left leaning sites restrict comments on their published words?

I read both left and right leaning publications, and the comments when available, and the vitriol of the left leaning comments on the right leaning sites is shocking.

This is a fact. If one were to make an honest assessment, the left is just meaner.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

This is a fact. If one were to make an honest assessment, the left is just meaner.

LOL
honest is not a Gop thing

the rightwing lying got to much

no real expert thinks the trump ever won the most votes in 2016 or 2020
in 16 he gimmicked the state vote
in 20 he did not
both times he lost the raw counts of the peoples votes

current polls say 5+ points behind as a rump should be

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

LOL
honest is not a Gop thing

the rightwing lying got to much

no real expert thinks the trump ever won the most votes in 2016 or 2020
in 16 he gimmicked the state vote
in 20 he did not
both times he lost the raw counts of the peoples votes

current polls say 5+ points behind as a rump should be

Fortunately for America, we don't use the popular vote on a national level to determine the outcome of the Presidential election.

The Founders were smart to put the Electoral College in the Constitution.

Now we need to repeal the 17th Amendment and go back to the State Legislatures appointing the Senators from their respective states.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sealions do not think they are a problem todd

sealions are rightwingers who go on https://sailinganarchy.com/
and think they know better then the people there about life the universe and everything

we see that they are lying so they are sealions

I sent you there to learn not teach
to read some not try to con-vert
but you were spectacular

btw that site has more 1%ers doc's real lawyers CEx AS DOES REAL LIFE SAILING
THEN ANY CAR CLUB ie only a few poor working types like me
hint very very few poor people own boats even fewer sail

but you had to try to tell them
too bad they scrubbed the posts
as that would be a good example of what NOT to do
they do not like con's there at all

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

13304 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Fortunately for America, we don't use the popular vote on a national level to determine the outcome of the Presidential election.

The Founders were smart to put the Electoral College in the Constitution.

Now we need to repeal the 17th Amendment and go back to the State Legislatures appointing the Senators from their respective states.

sorry but so undemocratic
it needs to be saved for later

NO

just

NO

the will of the people should never to reverted to the governments CON-TROLL
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2024 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

btw that site has more 1%ers

I could send you to a site that has real 1%ers, not your stratified class system.
But you would never get in. You have to prove your eligibility.
They have a few Leftists there, but everybody knows how to act.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2024 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I could send you to a site that has real 1%ers, not your stratified class system.
But you would never get in. You have to prove your eligibility.
They have a few Leftists there, but everybody knows how to act.

BS I posted a link to the site

any sailor can join no class system
they discuss every thing from dink's to super yachts

todd who I sent there to read and learn
had to try to correct them
that failed as he said rather spectacularly
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2024 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll let someone else explain it to you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock