Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  This bothers me more than it should... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This bothers me more than it should... by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 09-20-2024 09:11 PM
Replies: 48 (677 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 10-03-2024 08:04 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I'm not following the rest of the thread, but substantiative means "serving to support or corroborate" (in a discussion)... which was my intended use.

You know what it means. I know what it means. Nevertheless, cliffw appears to have a problem with its use.

IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2024 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You know what it means. I know what it means. Nevertheless, cliffw appears to have a problem with its use.

Come on Cliffw, you're making us all look bad! Haha...
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2024 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you jump on a minor video by the number 2 guy

but the constant lying by the rump has no effect
or are you any means necessary inc lying to the sheep kind of guy ?

btw joe has done far better then the rump did in real numbers
stocks are higher more jobs more income by any measure
still we see the lying about the election by the rump
he cheats you fail to notice both on his wife and the nation on his taxes
his corp-rats are con-victed in his home state and you claim foul use of the laws
he rapes and gets convicted you fail to notice
about the only thing the guy did not do was a random shooting

trump totally screwed up the corp-rat covid payments
millions paid to scammers
you claim his people can't catch massive election frauds ?
they were in charge but were incompetent as was the leadership all the way to the top

incompetent is the rump brand broken bankrupt when not cheating the banks and the city state and nation on taxes

and none of that bothers the con's at all
but a car video does ?

SAD
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2024 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

you jump on a minor video by the number 2 guy

but the constant lying by the rump has no effect
or are you any means necessary inc lying to the sheep kind of guy ?

btw joe has done far better then the rump did in real numbers
stocks are higher more jobs more income by any measure
still we see the lying about the election by the rump
he cheats you fail to notice both on his wife and the nation on his taxes
his corp-rats are con-victed in his home state and you claim foul use of the laws
he rapes and gets convicted you fail to notice
about the only thing the guy did not do was a random shooting

trump totally screwed up the corp-rat covid payments
millions paid to scammers
you claim his people can't catch massive election frauds ?
they were in charge but were incompetent as was the leadership all the way to the top

incompetent is the rump brand broken bankrupt when not cheating the banks and the city state and nation on taxes

and none of that bothers the con's at all
but a car video does ?

SAD

It's always good to see your contributions to a thread, ray b.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2024 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come on Cliffw, you're making us all look bad! Haha...

You and Patrick are just like my Wife. Blaming your problems on me.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2024 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You and Patrick are just like my Wife. Blaming your problems on me.

So, I've started working out, and now I'm going to the gym where my wife goes. She's been doing cross-fit for like 3 years now, and I haven't lifted **** since I came back from Afghanistan like almost 5 years ago. I've only gone three times, and all three days, I'm having to use the exact same weights as my wife... which is super humbling, and she's just plowing through them... I'm scared of her now... hahah, and I'm not a small guy.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've started working out, and now I'm going to the gym where my wife goes. She's been doing cross-fit for like 3 years now, and I haven't lifted **** since I came back from Afghanistan like almost 5 years ago. I've only gone three times, and all three days, I'm having to use the exact same weights as my wife... which is super humbling, and she's just plowing through them... I'm scared of her now... hahah, and I'm not a small guy.

Todd, I got in worse physical shape than you, when I retired from a physically demanding job. I had to develop the mind set of re-hab, so I could redevelop the physical ability I want.
Yellow-88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2024 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow-88Send a Private Message to Yellow-88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tim Walz: https://x.com/meidastouch/s.../1837182668016091495

If you didn't want to go to it, it's an X post from Walz that shows him tinkering on his 1979 IH Scout. He basically tells you that he's going to show you how to fix the cruise control in his Scout. While he's supposedly "working" on his car, he tells you about how bad Trump and Vance are. There's a particular comment in there that he makes that really irks me... he says, "You won't see Trump or Vance working on their car like this, because they'd just pay someone to do it for them..." Remember that line...

So in reality... Walz doesn't actually fix the cruise control at all. He disconnects the throttle linkage, says some stuff about the cruise diaphragm (though he doesn't refer to it and doesn't know what it's called), and then removes the air filter, shakes it around a bit, and puts it back... saying, "keep your air filter clean." All the while, at no point does he actually fix the cruise control... and in the process of trying to be technical, they actually splice his video, hoping you don't notice. It's clear they'd taken several cuts and tried to make 1 good one... probably because he screwed up since he didn't know what he was doing (even though he never actually did anything).

So remember again what he said at the beginning... criticizing Trump and Vance to pay people to work on their cars. Well, it turns out... Walz never actually worked on his car. I found an article (which I don't have now, you'll have to take my word for it), where he bought the car (painted black at the time) from a coworker, and then paid his friend and his friend's son to totally restore it for him. The only thing HE did was install an 8-Track player he got from eBay and replaced an alternator with the help of his friend (which all of us know, is like two bolts and a wire connector... and right at the top and in front of the engine, like... a 2 second job, and still got help).

It bothers me because here he's trying to pretend like he's some super car guy that works on his car and knows how to get his hands dirty... but instead, never actually did any of the work himself... and yet, criticizes Trump and Vance for literally doing the same thing he did. Meanwhile, all the people that have no clue how a car works, are like... what a man....

It's more of what I've come to expect from him, completely fake, more or less a charlatan.

That kind of thing used to bother me big time about Si Fi movies but I'm starting to get over it.

The ad is not aimed at actual car guys, it's aimed at wannabe car guys who have no clue about cars but admire those who do.

Tim walz does own a vintage truck. Good enough for the people the ad is aimed at.

It's a political ad not a how to do it video.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2024 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Yellow-88:

That kind of thing used to bother me big time about Si Fi movies but I'm starting to get over it.

The ad is not aimed at actual car guys, it's aimed at wannabe car guys who have no clue about cars but admire those who do.

Tim walz does own a vintage truck. Good enough for the people the ad is aimed at.

It's a political ad not a how to do it video.

I guess that's true.

The same with me on the Sci Fi videos. I remember there was some movie I saw somewhere... a plane had been hijacked by some super secret covert agency that doesn't really exist, and they hid a sophisticated bomb on the plane. This was a Hollywood movie, not just some Amazon Prime B movie.

The crew of the plane discovered the bomb in the cargo area. They opened up a suitcase and what was being shown was an 8088 full sized computer with the lid off. It showed a (I presume) Seagate ST-225 RLL/MFM hard drive with the cover off (so the hard drive was going insane while trying to read bad sectors while not in a vacuum). And there were of course, full length 8-bit cards on the motherboard... etc. And the crew looked at it and said... "This is the most advanced bomb I've ever seen, it would take me months to figure out how to disable it..."

It was ridiculous... it might have been the movie Executive Decision... but I don't want to re-watch it just to see...

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 10-03-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock