Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  How is everybody doing down south? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How is everybody doing down south? by williegoat
Started on: 09-27-2024 06:39 PM
Replies: 40 (441 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 10-06-2024 09:22 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2024 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tampa/St Pete, Tallahassee, Atlanta?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Tampa/St Pete, Tallahassee, Atlanta?

Doing Ok.
Power went down about 6 PM yesterday and was just restored about 1 hour ago, so that was fast and saved me a some money on more generator fuel..
No property damage other than the usual tree limbs, trash, etc.
My younger brother's house didn't fare so well. He's on the beach and received approx. 5 ft. of storm surge in his 1st floor level. He also left his Prevost coach parked beside his house for some unknown reason and it is now a flooded total loss.

Just another week in Paradise.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
West GA. We dodged the bullet. During the storm we got about two inches of rain. A few gusts, but no damage to speak of.
South GA, especially Valdosta, got hit hard. There were over 100 buildings damaged, there. Some with people inside.

Just saw this, this morning. Western NC and East TN are devastated.

https://www.facebook.com/ph...cb.10233764720166098

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Niece lives in Sarasota Florida, on the Gulf Coast just south of Tampa, St Pete. Her whole immediate family were freaking out and she just said "it will be alright".

My Dad lives in Lake City Florida, 60 miles west of Jacksonville. He just yawned also.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2024 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Just saw this, this morning. Western NC and East TN are devastated.

This was a very BIG storm. The eye passed us in the Gulf over 100 miles off the coast, (Tampa area) and the wind, rain and storm surge, (TS level), was a lot bigger then we've seen in decades.
NO, I am not buying into the "climut chunge" lunacy. We've had bigger storms before.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

This was a very BIG storm. The eye passed us in the Gulf over 100 miles off the coast, (Tampa area) and the wind, rain and storm surge, (TS level), was a lot bigger then we've seen in decades.
NO, I am not buying into the "climut chunge" lunacy. We've had bigger storms before.

show political faith over facts is a common RW trait

I bet your bro has a LOT of insurance on the fancy ride
and the feds gov ins for flood that others subsidize on his island home

they crow about being independent and self reliant
but take advantage of the government when and how they can

waters hot storms are stronger
but no need to inconvenience the island dwellers with facts
or the real cost if uncle sugar will pay
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2024 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

13304 posts
Member since Jan 2001
btw I have no state or fed subsidized ins at all
I just built a 200 mph roof 1 and 1/2 inch of screwed and glued ply base 3 times the code
every other steel sheet doubled and lapped at top by 6 ft with extra long screws
so 4 layers of steel every other peak sheet with the other just doubled at the ridge
with 1/2 SS cables to the slab 23k lbs safe load just to be sure
all widows and doors lagged bolted steel inc the garage

but then I do not like to mess with mother nature
I had two boats stay at anchor in andrew with out major damage
because I had 8 anchors on each one lost 4 but 4 held
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2024 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

The way this conversation basically went:

Randye: Hi everyone, hope you're having a good day.
RayB: Your false God hates you, your RWNJs lie.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2024 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

you sure do not like the truth

if randye did not attack the cause of the intense more frequent higher end storms
or allude to big bills to flood ins in a Gop public socialize the loss but private profits
and maybe a fancy camper too in the mix

he could post in reg non political but needed to attack
''NO, I am not buying into the "climut chunge" lunacy. We've had bigger storms before.''
with the recorded water levels saying NOT TRUE setting new records all along the coast
but the trolls for the rump never note other trolls BS
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2024 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The devastation further north is horrific.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2024 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

The devastation further north is horrific.

careful or you could notice something against RWNJ dogma to note

yes it was and expensive in lives also
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2024 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you sure do not like the truth

if randye did not attack the cause of the intense more frequent higher end storms
or allude to big bills to flood ins in a Gop public socialize the loss but private profits
and maybe a fancy camper too in the mix

he could post in reg non political but needed to attack
''NO, I am not buying into the "climut chunge" lunacy. We've had bigger storms before.''
with the recorded water levels saying NOT TRUE setting new records all along the coast
but the trolls for the rump never note other trolls BS

Nobody was talking to you. Nobody was talking about you. Nobody even mentioned you. Nobody "attacked" anyone or anything.

It quite literally requires nothing for you to spew more of your pathetic resentment and hatred toward other members, (and their families), here.

SICK.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-01-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2024 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nobody was talking to you. Nobody was talking about you. Nobody even mentioned you. Nobody "attacked" anyone or anything.

It quite literally requires nothing for you to spew more of your pathetic resentment and hatred toward other members, (and their families), here.

SICK.

yes the pompous attitude is just like the trump

and private profit with socialized risk is so Gop

I would love to have an ocean front home
but understand the high risk of flooding
and limited ability to protect those locations
so have a home I can protect from the wind
in a location that will not flood at current sea levels
''Most people don't realize that until recently,
oceanfront housing was only for the very poor.
Rich people and land planners (such as they were) in the 1800s
were a lot more in tune with nature's power than those
in the 1900s and 2000s

(plus there's the whole 'open sewage running downhill' thing...)

without any socialized government insurance scams
few rich would want beach land

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 10-02-2024).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2024 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your astute observations.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2024 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TLDR

Fsck off, ray. Go and piss someplace else.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2024 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Fsck off, ray. Go and piss someplace else.

100%. What a bad place and time to be crass and churlish.

I personally know a number of folks whose homes were destroyed -one's from Ashville and their whole town was destroyed. This was BAD. Rubbing political stances in people's faces right now doesn't serve any non-petty purpose. Nobody is going to be targeted with that and think "Gee, this guy being cruel really changed my mind!"

I even agree that this summer needs to be a topic of conversation in the overall discussion about climate change -we set all kinds of records all over the place- but let everybody check in and give them time to be safe before you have a go at them, ya know?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

https://americanmind.org/sa...n-america-in-crisis/

Bless my soul, is this article romanticizing the response to Katrina? The one that is universally held in contempt for the days-to-weeks long delayed response from both the military and FEMA, and the complete lack of preparedness? Also, how did the author miss the 6,500 National Guard troops that were mobilized immediately for Helene? I guess they don't count?

I any case, I would hope we didn't respond anything like the way we did to Katrina, given our response there triggered multiple investigations, the resignation of the FEMA director at the time, and significant reform to disaster management. Imagine we learned nothing from a historically bad response to a hurricane, and ran in with the military every time.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NewDustin:

Bless my soul, is this article romanticizing the response to Katrina? The one that is universally held in contempt for the days-to-weeks long delayed response from both the military and FEMA, and the complete lack of preparedness? Also, how did the author miss the 6,500 National Guard troops that were mobilized immediately for Helene? I guess they don't count?

I any case, I would hope we didn't respond anything like the way we did to Katrina, given our response there triggered multiple investigations, the resignation of the FEMA director at the time, and significant reform to disaster management. Imagine we learned nothing from a historically bad response to a hurricane, and ran in with the military every time.

Something that I was talking about the other day with one of my buddies... before FEMA, there existed the "Civilian Defense."

I know we all remember seeing stuff about them, even if we didn't live during that time... the grey hats with the two triangles with the big CD and Geiger counters. They were primarily assembled to support based on the threat of potential nuclear war... but another point was to also protect civilians from natural disasters. My understanding is that the Civilian Defense was literally made up of civilians who had been enlisted in some way to support the natural disaster / atomic threat. It was... how do you say, "organized" by the Federal government (how it should work / structure), but was managed separately by the individual states, in the exact same way that the National Guard currently is. In addition, the Civilian Defense would operate independently from the Federal government as the governors would command them in the same way they do for the National Guard.

At some point, this slowly turned into "FEMA" ... and in 1979, it became official. The emphasis was taken away from the states, and brought up to the Federal level.

I have no metrics to show whether or not CD handled disasters better than FEMA does... but I'm not hearing a lot of positive stuff that FEMA does.

There are entire "junkyards" full of FEMA trailers, and nearly 50k worth of plastic burial caskets that are rotting out in the sun and deteriorating... and everything they do seems to be either wasteful, too late, poor management, or just woefully unprepared.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something that I was talking about the other day with one of my buddies... before FEMA, there existed the "Civilian Defense."

Those of us who were kids in the fifties and sixties remember the Civil Defense and hiding under our desks.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-04-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NewDustin:

You miss the point of the article.

Why am I not surprised?
PFF
System Bot
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something that I was talking about the other day with one of my buddies... before FEMA, there existed the "Civilian Defense."...

...At some point, this slowly turned into "FEMA" ... and in 1979, it became official. The emphasis was taken away from the states, and brought up to the Federal level.

I have no metrics to show whether or not CD handled disasters better than FEMA does... but I'm not hearing a lot of positive stuff that FEMA does.

There are entire "junkyards" full of FEMA trailers, and nearly 50k worth of plastic burial caskets that are rotting out in the sun and deteriorating... and everything they do seems to be either wasteful, too late, poor management, or just woefully unprepared.

I had very little knowledge of any of that, but I agree with the waste and seeming very unprepared. The whole system of turning to FEMA for predictable disasters seemed bizarre to me. We know CA is going to catch fire, and we know Florida is going to keep sinking, yet it seems to me we're always caught at least a little off guard by these things. Relying as much as we do on a questionably effective federal disaster response to deal with these things we know are coming seems inefficient to me.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NewDustin

498 posts
Member since Jan 2024

You miss the point of the article.

Why am I not surprised?

If the purpose of the article is not to critique a slow U.S. military response to Helene -explicitly in contrast to the response with Katrina- and that the current administration should have used the military more "sufficiently" -as it was used in Katrina- to respond to the disaster...then I'd love for you to tell me what it was. That's what I'm responding to, and I'd hate to be confused
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pro Tip...

Reread the article, slowly.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pro Tip...

EVEN BETTER IDEA

NEVER FOLLOW LYING LINKS POSTED BY RWNJ'S

fact national guards are the troops deployed by state governors in the their states

and we see the real results of fla gov rape of home ins rules
the great and powerful rhonda has screwed the home owners totally and completely
and the ins corps will pay a very small fraction of the storms true costs only after many years of lawsuits
rhonda in the best Gop traditions sold out to ins corp moneys
now only the deep pocket Gop guys will have the funds to fight the long hard battle
most people will get cents not dollars on their claims

laws are no help the last 3 storms under the new rules
every false claim by people results in quick hard law enforcement
BUT NO CORP-RAT FRAUD AND THERE WAS A LOT ON ALMOST EVERY CLAIM
HAS EVER BEEN INVESTIGATED LET ALONE CHARGED

INS CORP'S REWRITE EVERY CLAIM ALL ARE CUT DOWN WITHOUT INSPECTIONS
BY UNKNOWN UNRECORDED UNQUALIFIED UNLICENSED OFFICE WONKS
WHO NEVER GO TO THE SITES TO TALK TO THE HOME OWNERS
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

13304 posts
Member since Jan 2001

I know we all remember seeing stuff about them, even if we didn't live during that time... the grey hats with the two triangles with the big CD and Geiger counters. They were primarily assembled to support based on the threat of potential nuclear war... but another point was to also protect civilians from natural disasters. My understanding is that the Civilian Defense was literally made up of civilians who had been enlisted in some way to support the natural disaster / atomic threat. It was... how do you say, "organized" by the Federal government (how it should work / structure), but was managed separately by the individual states, in the exact same way that the National Guard currently is. In addition, the Civilian Defense would operate independently from the Federal government as the governors would command them in the same way they do for the National Guard.

At some point, this slowly turned into "FEMA" ... and in 1979, it became official. The emphasis was taken away from the states, and brought up to the Federal level.

RHONDA SOLD THE HOME OWNERS OUT TO THE INS LOBBY

NO CORP-RAT FRAUDS ARE EVEN INVESTIGATED

WHY DID NOT YOUR HERO THE RUMP FIX IT
HE NEVER FIXED ANYTHING ?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

13304 posts
Member since Jan 2001
This is the current list of FEMA Urban Search and Rescue Task Forces deployed into the impacted states.

This is informational only and NOT an official list so some errors are possible.

Florida:
FEMA Blue USAR Incident Support Team and East IST Cache
Florida Task Force 1 - Type 1 (80 person) - State Deployment of State/Federal Shared Asset
Florida Task Force 2 - Type 1 (80 person) - State Deployment of State/Federal Shared Asset
Virginia Task Force 1 - Type 1 (80 person) - Federal Deployment
Virginia Task Force 2 - Type 1 (80 person) - Federal Deployment
Ohio Task Force 1 - Type 1 (80 person) - Federal Deployment
Tennessee Task Force 1 - Type 1 (80 person) - Federal Deployment
Texas task Force 1 - Type 1 (80 person) - Federal Deployment
Indiana Task Force 1 - Type 1 (80 person) - Federal Deployment
Florida Task Force 6 - Type 3 (45 person) - State Deployment
Florida Task Force 8 – Type 3 (45 person) – State Deployment
Mississippi Task Force 1 - Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) - EMAC Deployment
Vermont Task Force 1 - Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) - EMAC Deployment
Kansas Task Force 1 – Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) – EMAC Deployment
Ohio Task Force 1 – Type 1 Team (80 person)
Oklahoma Task Force 1 – Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) – EMAC Deployment
Florida Task Force 4 – Type 3 Task Force (45 person) – State Deployment

Georgia:
Maryland Task Force 1 - Type 3 (45 person) - Federal Deployment
Missouri Task Force 1- Type 3 (45 person) - Federal Deployment
Utah Task Force 1 – Type 3 (45 person) – Federal Deployment

North Carolina:
North Carolina Task Forces 1 through 11 all activated at various capacities for state level deployments
Massachusetts Task Force 1 - Type 3 (45 Person) - Federal Deployment
New York Task Force 1 - Type 3 (45 Person) - Federal Deployment
New Jersey Task Force 1 - Type 1 (80 Person) - Federal Deployment
Pennsylvania Task Force 1 - Type 3 (45 Person) - Federal Deployment
Illinois Task Force 1 - Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) - EMAC Deployment
Illinois Swiftwater Rescue 1 – Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) – EMAC Deployment
Michigan Task Force 1 - Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) - EMAC Deployment
Massachusetts Task Force 1 – Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 Person) – Federal Deployment (this is in addition to their Type 3 team)
Alabama Task Force 1 – Type 1 Swiftwater Team (18 person) – EMAC Deployment
Indiana Division 201 – Type 2 Swiftwater Team (11 person) – EMAC Deployment
California Task Force 8 – Type 3 (45 person) – Federal Deployment
Wisconsin Task Force 1 – Type 1 Swiftwater (18 person) – EMAC Deployment

Tennessee:
Colorado Task Force 1 - Type 3 (45 Person) - Federal Deployment
Nebraska Task Force 1 - Type 3 (45 Person) - Federal Deployment

South Carolina:
All state and local Technical Rescue/Swiftwater Rescue resources activated at various levels to support response
Louisiana TF 2 – Type 1 Swiftwater – (18 person) – EMAC
Louisiana TF 3 – Type 3 Task Force – (45 person) – EMAC
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pro Tip...

Or you could say what you think it is I've been missing. I see no point in being coy.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YOU ARE ABOUT AS FAIR AND BALANCED AS fox news

the big Gop ins reform was to change who pays the lawyers
from the ins corp-rats to the citizen when there is a dispute

gee surprise look at the small payments and all the new lawsuits
thanks to fake ins reform by rhonda our creep govinator
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And yet, DJT still has a very good chance of being POTUS. Get some sleep...
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always good to see you express your thoughts, ray b.
PFF
System Bot
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2024 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkS:

And yet, DJT still has a very good chance of being POTUS. Get some sleep...

Libbies!

I will..
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2024 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BOHICA
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2024 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RHONDA SOLD THE HOME OWNERS OUT TO THE INS LOBBY

NO CORP-RAT FRAUDS ARE EVEN INVESTIGATED

WHY DID NOT YOUR HERO THE RUMP FIX IT
HE NEVER FIXED ANYTHING ?

Ray, what's going on man... this response had literally nothing to do with my question about Civil Defense.

And you also replied to my earlier post twice (a week apart), but with a completely different response each time.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2024 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ray, what's going on man... this response had literally nothing to do with my question about Civil Defense.

And you also replied to my earlier post twice (a week apart), but with a completely different response each time.

As I said above, BOHICA bud. Milton is on his way.
You're far enough inland that property damage should be nil or slight for you but power may / will go out.
NewDustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2024 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewDustinSend a Private Message to NewDustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're far enough inland that property damage should be nil or slight for you but power may / will go out.

Man, I'm just reading about this. That's really awful. Seriously, be safe all
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2024 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You too man... are you closer to the shore?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2024 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

volunteer efforts after the bad keys 30's storm that killed lots at the vets camp
Hemingway went there to find / bury vets bodys with other private volunteers

after the 60's storms I do not remember a big gov effort like after andrew national guards
do remember the crying where are the cavalry from officials after andrew until they did come 4 days later
I went back to work as they first appeared
I hand out flags and vests from my battered truck [boss parked in the eyewall area ]

btw the rump as usual is lying about FEMA the funds ect
example the 750 is a first payment not the only payment
there is more for those who fill out the forms

and it is TRUE that RHONDA screwed us and the ins ain't paying the full amounts NOW
even after the huge rate hikes with more to come
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2024 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

13304 posts
Member since Jan 2001
the feds did make the builders elevate new builds higher
for a very few years some areas are at several levels
many feet a part as they went up and back down

as many homes are door flooded with only a few feet water

I think a door flood blocker to seal up the first few feet
is a market item unseen
you ain't going to keep out a real high flood / surge
but lots of homes get trashed with just a minor inches flooding
not for flowing water like a river bank
just suburban areas and you got to prep
and seal up all the pipes and vents and power sockets
have no low sills and CBS ONLY no wood or siding
but many s fla are built that way now
and could save flood damage costing many thousands
with a few hundred in preplaning costs

am I reinventing a know thing [that somehow eluded me] ?

a reply
That's exactly what they do in Venice.
They have what is effectively a large, heavy companionway drop board system to block off the first few feet of doors on lower buildings.
When the king tides are forecast, you put the drop board in place and step over it if you need to go out.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2024 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You too man... are you closer to the shore?

Yup
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock