Got my Fiero Store 4 inch longer E-brake cables today by woodyhere
Started on: 03-20-2014 10:03 PM
Replies: 8 (844 views)
Last post by: Oneredfiero on 11-09-2014 10:36 AM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 11.25 brake conversion on my 87 GT. The cables are too short to hook up. I tried a 1 inch spacer (good suggestion) but with my lowered car they were still stretched tight. I talked with Justin at the Fiero Store. He had the same folks that make the stock cables make some that are 4 inches longer. It only cost me $45 for a set up fee. They are now available for the same price (about $22) as the standard length cables. Contact Justin, info@fierostore.com and he will get a set sent out to you. These look so much better than the stock replacement ones I got from a local auto parts store. Sad part is the Fiero Store cables were only a few dollars more than the poor quality auto parts store cables. The Fiero Store cables are heavy cables with the extra shielding just like stock. The quality looks excellent. These aren't for 88 Fiero's. They are for 87 and older. They could make them for 88's if they get a request. Justin was really nice to work with.
No excuse not to have good working E brakes any more!

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good.

I also have the LeBaron rotor brakes upgrade and thought longer cables would work better.
But 4" longer sounds a bit too long. Let us know how they fit/work once installed.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 inches may sound a little long but isn't. It allows the cable to be tied to the tie rod and kept well off the CV boot. I'm right in the middle of putting a cowl induction scoop on. I'll try to get the cables on this weekend. I took my old "new" cables and cut them, then put them back in place. I gapped them and measured the gap. 3 inches seemed a little tight, 4 seemed better. There is plenty of room for the longer cables.

------------------
woodys 427

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

woodyhere

399 posts
Member since Aug 2011
I just put the new Fiero Store E brake cables on my 87 lowered GT. They fit just fine. Nice loop when the car is on jack stands. Still a nice loop when the car is sitting on the tires. I had some time waiting for filler to dry so I put the cables on just to be sure they fit fine. No problems.

------------------
woodys 427

flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email to Justin this morning, but he hasn't responded yet. Sure hope he gets back to me soon........
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Good to hear there is a e-brake solution for the people with brake upgrades. I have the 12" corvette rotors with the 88 fiero calipers on the front of my car, and I have the rings and brackets for the rear, but have been holding off until someone came up with an e-brake solution.

------------------

jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered a set today.
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my longer cables installed today. They are PERFECT. Way easier than the mods I was going to do to make the stock length one work. Lot of +++ to you Woody for your effort in working with the Fiero store to get these made.

[This message has been edited by jaybug56 (edited 04-09-2014).]

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post pics of finished install. I am having problems with mine they seem to long.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock