SC Idler Pulley Help by ILVMYGT
Started on: 05-10-2016 08:46 PM
Replies: 1 (137 views)
Last post by: JumpStart on 05-11-2016 05:28 AM
ILVMYGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need some help with the grooved idler pulley for the supercharger. The pulley is not symmetrical. One side has a larger lip then the other side. How is it supposed to be installed?

I did not dissemble the donor motor so I don't know how it came apart. When I assembled it I put the larger lip to the engine, because I had not noticed any difference. I ask because the belt occasionally jumps to the outside on the crank pulley. I removed the pulley to see if there was something behind the pulley and found the difference. I flipped the pulley and put the larger lip away for the motor. I am just wondering which is the right way. Time to drive it a few hundred miles to see if there is a difference.

Thanks

------------------
88 GT 5 Speed Black with gray interior
3800 SCII Swap Complete.
Paint Complete
Detailing in Progress

IT RUNS!!
IT'S QUICK!!

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JumpStart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2016 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never read which way is correct but mine has the high side toward the battery and short side toward the engine/supercharger. I am 99% positive
that it has never been removed from the S/C.

Steve
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock