Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Rear Window Louver - Notchback ot Fastback?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rear Window Louver - Notchback ot Fastback? by hye_4_life
Started on: 09-12-2017 12:36 AM
Replies: 5 (518 views)
Last post by: hye_4_life on 09-17-2017 01:56 AM
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I've been conversing with another member here who is interested in a rear window louver I have but I'm having great difficulty determining if it is for a fastback or a notchback.

When I purchased it, the previous owner said it was for a fastback, which made sense considering he sold it in a lot with GT scoop quarter windows but after initial searching on the internet it was beginning to look like they actually might be a notchback because of the style. That being the case, I thought I'd try to install them on my fastback but couldn't successfully do so because it was interfering with the decklid and, unfortunately, I don't have the time nor the extra set of hands to try removing the decklid to try to install it again. Although I haven't seen a notchback in person in years, the general shape of it looks like it should fit a fastback (at least to me). It also has a couple differences than the other louvers I've seen of this style, (a) it has three slots to see through as opposed to the four all the others I've seen have, (b) it has one support going down the center of it as opposed to the two, dividing the louver into thirds like the others and lastly (c) no third brake light cut out.

I've tried searching the archives and Google but I didn't find much on this particular style. Any help identifying this style would be greatly appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it might fit both.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a two year old thread here that might have that very same louver pictured...

Looking for window louvers

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-12-2017).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say that based on the pictures in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/136501.html

Those are for the notch back.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 570
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As is could be problems because doesn't have high brake light showing.
86 and up needs high brake light working. Even ignore state legal... high brake light maybe only light SUV and trucks see before they rear end you.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/136501.html
looks like one of same type (3rd good picture.) but cutout for high brake

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2017 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Looks like it might fit both.

It looks like it. I wish I had access to a notchback to try it on. If I'm able to make some time I might try removing the decklid from my GT and try again

Originally posted by Patrick:

Found a two year old thread here that might have that very same louver pictured...

Looking for window louvers

Yup! That's the exact same louver in that thread! Too bad the Craigslist ad expired, it could have had some good information in it. Thanks for finding that thread, it's the only other louver like mine that I've seen on the internet so far

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

I would say that based on the pictures in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/136501.html

Those are for the notch back.

After doing some initial research that's what I was beginning to think too until I found a couple fastbacks with the same style louvers installed

Originally posted by theogre:

As is could be problems because doesn't have high brake light showing.
86 and up needs high brake light working. Even ignore state legal... high brake light maybe only light SUV and trucks see before they rear end you.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/136501.html
looks like one of same type (3rd good picture.) but cutout for high brake

It definitely wouldn't hurt to make a cutout for the third brake light, unfortunately I just don't have the time to make the modification especially since I don't plan on keeping it for my car. It does look like the one pictured in the thread except that one also has a fourth slot to look through (at least from what I can tell) whereas the one I have only has three (in addition to the third brake light cutout)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock