Short Stack intercooler radiator by Bubblhd90
Started on: 04-08-2018 01:23 AM
Replies: 4 (687 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 04-12-2018 09:59 AM
Bubblhd90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are into a 3800 SC swap with a ZZP short stack kit. We have hit a snag. Where to put the radiator? If anyone has done this or knows of someone who has, could you help us here? 3 core custom radiator installed to cool the 3800.

1986 GT Stock
1987 GT 3800 SC/ original getrag
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have the long 8" H 30" long rectangular unit, It mounts very nicely in front of the air dam and below the radiator. Thanks to photosucket the post pictures that I did on the Intercooler install is long gone

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car with a 3800 SC engine and ZZP short stack intercooler is about 175 miles away in the paint shop, but I believe that I used the same location fererenced in Dennis's post. I hope to have the car back in about 30 days but may be able to get a photo prior to that if it is really needed.

Nelson
Bubblhd90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2018 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You fellas were spot on and a big thank you. I fabricated two 1/8" steel brackets and mounted the radiator (it is 31 5/8" long) parallel with the A/C condenser. A third stiffening bracket runs from the bottom center by a clamp back to the engine coolant radiator bottom crossbrace. If I could ask one more question, What is the best method of getting power to the proflo pump when the engine is running?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2018 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If you have the long 8" H 30" long rectangular unit, It mounts very nicely in front of the air dam and below the radiator. Thanks to photosucket the post pictures that I did on the Intercooler install is long gone

My intercooler pictures are still here on the forum somewhere. I just added the fix to Firefox that enables viewing of all photobucket pictures once again. Just can't find the detailed install post

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock