'FieroStore Fuel Sending Unit Part #60912 by jimsxray
Started on: 09-22-2018 04:45 PM
Replies: 1 (231 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 10-01-2018 08:24 PM
jimsxray

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2018 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimsxraySend a Private Message to jimsxrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m trying to use the new FieroStore (Part # 60912) fuel sending unit with a 2.5L engine. I tried to reuse my original pump that is in good shape but it will not fit properly. The outlet on the pump does not align with the fitting at the top of the tank if the pump is properly sitting on its mount at the inlet end. Everything is welded together and therefore there are no adjustments possible.

I bought this unit because I didn’t want to kluge in another gauge sender that is not designed for this application.

The sender is advertised for the 2.8L application but they say it can be used in a 2.5L application by making a change in the wiring. They make no mention about a potential incompatibility with the pump. I would replace the pump with the 2.8L unit but the pressure is too high.

How difficult is it to put in an inline pressure regulator?

Does anybody have another work around?

By the way, this is a very nice unit although a little pricey. $180 with shipping.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2018 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe your pump was replaced in the past and it's not the correct one, even though it fit your old sender. Some pics would help.

Perhaps a trip to the auto parts store and have them show you the L4 pump (not yours) and the 2.8 pump next to one another. Might shed some light on the problem.

spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock