Door jamb switch by Anduril
Started on: 09-15-2020 10:07 AM
Replies: 3 (460 views)
Last post by: theogre on 09-17-2020 06:53 PM
Anduril

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndurilSend a Private Message to AndurilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't find anything in the how to forum so I apologize if this is there already.

I need to replace the one on the drivers side and of course unscrewing it will definitely screw up the wiring behind so...

Am I looking at pulling the seat so I can get in there, getting the fuse block out of the way and possibly getting the carpet and plastic along the door opening out of the way as well?
I can tell that visibility will be limited when connecting the two wires and I'd like to limit the number of sailor words I need to use.

Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just let wire(s) windup. switch remove only rotates ~ 1 to 3 turns.

or

use small normal wrench to turn and hold "Button" at little compressed so core won't twist.

If re-installing same switch, to either = what did.
If wire(s) windup, will self unwind to reinstall.
If hold button, then hold again to install.

New jam switches have "nut" loose and self adjust first the door or whatever is shut.

If wire(s) wind up, unwind wire(s) before install new one.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 09-15-2020).]

Anduril

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndurilSend a Private Message to AndurilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.

Never thought to push the button in a little to see if I could rotate it.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring etc inside them may fight but should allow that.
But needs push in some or might break contacts and you have find wire(s) behind small hole.

I just let wire(s) to windup.
wires self unwind if you reinstall old switch.
you unwind only when installing new switch so if you ever remove, wires don't twist hard.

Switch isn't water proof etc so many get crap problems and won't work. I clean many of them for doors.
But Jam switch for hood or trunk often totally break up and you have to find wires again or pull apart more to fix/find wires. Like Many have broken hood switch and never bothered to fix.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock