88 Formula Recall? oh noooo by Dflint
Started on: 09-21-2021 07:22 PM
Replies: 17 (481 views)
Last post by: Xenoblast on 09-26-2021 10:13 PM
Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2021 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question for you all i have an 88 Formula 2.8 auto and noticed that this car has not had the 88-C-24 recall done . this is the one with the PCV hose was moved , cover installed on manifold and decklid rubber piece is removed . What do you all think ? should i get it done or just leave it as is . I mean the car runs great and stays cool plus with the PCV hose going to the air cleaner the filter is cleaning the junk . I just want to hear from you all .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2021 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leave it alone.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2021 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dflint:

What do you all think ? should i get it done... ?

I'm sure your local Pontiac dealership would take care of this no problem.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2021 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Ha good one . I already called a dealership to see but i may just keep it as is . only thing i could think would be bad would the the PCV hose getting quite dirty inside or am i wrong?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2021 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I already called a dealership to see...

I'm curious... which GM subsidiary (obviously wasn't Pontiac), and what did they say? Or was there just laughter?

i may just keep it as is . only thing i could think would be bad would the the PCV hose getting quite dirty inside or am i wrong?

"Dirty"? How so?
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had my 86 GT in a car show last week and a kid asked, who made that car? I said, Pontiac. He asks, what is a Pontiac? Now I feel really old!
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even when Pontiac dealerships still existed, they claimed they had no records before 1990
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2021 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's like the jab except for your Fiero. It's all for looks and nothing good will come of getting it done. At best it will be as good as it was before but at worst something bad could go wrong.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2021 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

It's like the jab...

Please relegate these type of comments/opinions to O/T.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-23-2021).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2021 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was more to the recall than just the rebresther hose and manifold shield.

The danger with the hose is that it can pull out of the valve cover with engine torque or weak mounts. Being out of sight you may not know if its blowing oil out on the manifold until you see smoke or fire.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2021 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please relegate these type of comments/opinions to O/T.

My post was on topic. On the other hand, yours wasn't.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2021 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My post was on topic. On the other hand, yours wasn't.

Your response is rather disappointing to say the least.

The place for political zealots, religious fanatics, flat earthers and/or anti-vaxxers etc to spout their rhetoric is in the Totally O/T section of this forum, not in the tech area.

I was was hoping if I gave you a polite reminder, that you would take the hint. We don't need this type of subterfuge posted here.

It's like the jab except for your Fiero. It's all for looks and nothing good will come of getting it done. At best it will be as good as it was before but at worst something bad could go wrong.

reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2021 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your response is rather disappointing to say the least.

The place for political zealots, religious fanatics, flat earthers and/or anti-vaxxers etc to spout their rhetoric is in the Totally O/T section of this forum, not in the tech area.

I was was hoping if I gave you a polite reminder, that you would take the hint. We don't need this type of subterfuge posted here.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reinhart:

[/QUOTE]

Another of your off topic posts. I wasn't going to respond but since you post your gibberish in nearly every thread I thought it would be important to remind you to keep your posts on topic. If you can't do that then don't post. Also the ad hominim attacks just show you have no intelligent argument to make (surprise).
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's spelled ad hominem, and It's a good idea to know the definition before using it again.
Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly you might be able to find the parts needed from a parts car somewhere online if you really care about doing it. Id say it might cost $50 for both. might save a couple bucks on replacing the airfilters sooner if you plan to keep it for a long time.

I dont know if its just my car but the pcv seems to get out a lot of oil, like i clean the inside of it and within 10 minutes its already coated in oil in there, id imagine it would plug up the air filter decently quick
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2021 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xenoblast:

Honestly you might be able to find the parts needed from a parts car somewhere online if you really care about doing it. Id say it might cost $50 for both. might save a couple bucks on replacing the airfilters sooner if you plan to keep it for a long time.

I dont know if its just my car but the pcv seems to get out a lot of oil, like i clean the inside of it and within 10 minutes its already coated in oil in there, id imagine it would plug up the air filter decently quick

Thank you for staying on topic! i decided i going to leave it alone and just change the air filter more often when it gets oil on it .

As the rest of everybody above. stay on topic i honestly don't want to read whining . making a quick joke is fine but if it hurts your feelings then please don't respond and scroll on .

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2021 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another of your off topic posts. I wasn't going to respond but since you post your gibberish in nearly every thread I thought it would be important to remind you to keep your posts on topic. If you can't do that then don't post. Also the ad hominim attacks just show you have no intelligent argument to make (surprise).

Looks like I struck a nerve. Good.

Still waiting for an answer from the OP to my on-topic question(s) posted Here.
Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2021 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock