fuel pump relay by Fiero1234
Started on: 02-03-2022 01:45 PM
Replies: 10 (238 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 02-06-2022 04:05 PM
Fiero1234

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2022 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1234Send a Private Message to Fiero1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hello, how the fuel gauge does not work when I clean the tank and put a new pump in the tank, three black wires come out of the current gray and pink mass, it is supposed to be from the meter, too bad I did not check before mounting, now I have gone to the fuel pump relay and I see that 4 cables arrive but neither pink nor gray cable comes so I wanted to check the meter cable but now I'm lost Tomorrow I will take a better photo of the relay
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gjgpff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2022 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gjgpffSend a Private Message to gjgpffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hola,
You're looking for an intermediate connection, not the Relay. The cable from the fuel pump should connect to a three plug cable, kind of on the right side of the engine bay near the firewall, that's where the connection to the fuel level sender is. The fuel level cable is the pink one, which, I think is the middle connector. You can test your gauge by putting various resistors between the connector for the pink and the one for the black (ground) 90ohm resistance is full, 0 ohms is empty.

This three plug cable is what you disconnected the cable to the fuel tank from when you removed the fuel tank.

I found this video to be really useful when I fixed my fuel pump and sender:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Br1Jq9jEE

This is the link that contains my repair:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/145778.html

One key thing is that I really wish I had replaced the cable instead of cleaning the corrosion. Everything now works, but replacing the cable with the Racetronix Universal cable would have been a much better repair. Not sure if they ship to Spain or not.

[This message has been edited by gjgpff (edited 02-04-2022).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2022 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gjgpff:
You're looking for an intermediate connection, not the Relay.
Yes. Is C502 Weather pack connector below big bulkhead seals for ECM and other wires goes thru.
Fiero1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1234Send a Private Message to Fiero1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, when I removed the tank I already saw that there was no connector, I had to cut the three cables because it went from the tank to the engine without a connector and that is why I was looking for the relay behind the air filter, I have already seen two relays but not with the colos cables of the deposit there my doubt I will continue investigation thanks
Fiero1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1234Send a Private Message to Fiero1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1234

20 posts
Member since Nov 2021
ok, locate connector c502 I will check the meter cable to ground to see if the needle moves
Fiero1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1234Send a Private Message to Fiero1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1234

20 posts
Member since Nov 2021
I have disconnected c502 and I have put a cable from the pink one that is the meter to ground and the needle moves to less than empty. I thought that the needle would go to full and it went to less, so I suppose a problem with the meter or buoy is not in its place.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The gage reads full with 90 ohms resistance on the pink wire.

If your gage reads below empty the pink wire has 0 ohms resistance.

The float may be stuck in the down position in the tank, or there may be a sending unit or wiring issue.
gjgpff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gjgpffSend a Private Message to gjgpffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The gage reads full with 90 ohms resistance on the pink wire.

If your gage reads below empty the pink wire has 0 ohms resistance.

The float may be stuck in the down position in the tank, or there may be a sending unit or wiring issue.

Duh, sorry about that, I got the ohm values screwed up. olejoedad is right!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please edit your post to read correctly.
Fiero1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2022 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1234Send a Private Message to Fiero1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello I have a doubt if I put direct current
Just try a little on the pink cable of the gauge, it is supposed that the needle should go up, I say this to rule out the gauge of the box, someone would ask to try it, does anyone know
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2022 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pink wire has 12v on it with key on.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock