Front lubrication by Fiero.1984
Started on: 06-27-2022 06:27 PM
Replies: 3 (472 views)
Last post by: Fiero.1984 on 06-30-2022 07:37 PM
Fiero.1984

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero.1984Send a Private Message to Fiero.1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should be a very simple solution but I have looked multiple times for the grease fittings without finding all of them.

Haynes Fiero Manual shows 6 grease fittings on diagram 18.6. I have been able to locate only 2. Can someone post a photo of the fittings marked with a circle or arrow.

Thanks for you assistance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your 1st problem is Haynes crap books. Worse when use a PDF copy of very old version of Fiero book. All Haynes versions for all vehicles have big problems. Chilton isn't much better.

Even in the '70's Many OE and Aftermarket Rod ends and BJ don't have grease fittings. Don't even have plugged holes to install them.

In Fiero Front... At Best you have 1 for each BJ and Rod end total 6. 4 for rear.
Many replace 1 or more joints that don't have them.
Moog and some replacements have grease fittings and easy to find them.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some replacement ball joints do not have grease fittings....You should have grease fittings on the Tie-rod ends at the spindles, and grease fittings on the top of each upper ball joint and on the bottom of each lower ball joint. Here is a quick pic of the locations.

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 06-27-2022).]

Fiero.1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero.1984Send a Private Message to Fiero.1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cvxjet,

Thanks for the picture. It was exactly what I needed. I have found all of the grease fittings in your picture.

Hint: I had to remove the wheel to reach them.

Thanks again.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock