3800sc supercharger belt routing? by phil_d
Started on: 12-09-2022 11:39 PM
Replies: 2 (207 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 12-10-2022 02:18 PM
phil_d

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2022 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phil_dSend a Private Message to phil_dEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone explain to me why my supercharger belt is routed like this? This is my first car and I'm a rookie at all this stuff. I first noticed it when I ordered new belts and then took a look at the belt routing for 97 riviera.

thanks,
phil
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Corsair231

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2022 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corsair231Send a Private Message to Corsair231Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you will notice, your accessory mounting is different. I'm just getting into these cars so I'm not sure what else may have been changed but your alternator has been relocated. Changes to the accessory locations means the original belt routing may have to be modified and all of the S/C cars might not share the same routing to begin with.

Or it could be installed incorrectly.
Does the car run well?

If the tensioners are keeping tension and the flat pulleys run on the back of the belt and the grooved pulleys on the inside, it might be correct.

[This message has been edited by Corsair231 (edited 12-10-2022).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2022 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's routed incorrectly.
The tensioner spring housing is broken.
The S/C belt should follow the stock configuration on the outer grooves of the balancer.
The Accessory belt on the inner grooves of the balancer should be the only one needing modded when the P/S pump is removed and the alternator relocated.

Look at the picture of the OEM routing and compare to your setup - they are different.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 12-14-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock