Brake light issue by stevep914
Started on: 03-12-2023 03:56 PM
Replies: 42 (580 views)
Last post by: stevep914 on 03-22-2023 10:15 PM
stevep914

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2023 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevep914Send a Private Message to stevep914Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to put a final on this. I found the cause of my brake lights being on all the time. The two pin connector on the brake light switch at the pedal, while disconnected from the switch, tested hot BOTH pins with the ignition on, when one should not be hot until the depressed brake pedal completes the circuit. I still have failed to find out where that wire goes to that is creating the short. And pulling the 20 amp brake fuse had no effect. I rewired the whole brake light circuit, taped off the old unused wires, and now have normal brake light function. I did put a new 20 amp fuse into the circuit. Thanks again for all the input on this; had the car had stock wiring, this would have been a whole lot easier!
IP: Logged
stevep914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2023 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevep914Send a Private Message to stevep914Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stevep914

211 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Just to put a final on this. I found the cause of my brake lights being on all the time. The two pin connector on the brake light switch at the pedal, while disconnected from the switch, tested hot BOTH pins with the ignition on, when one should not be hot until the depressed brake pedal completes the circuit. I still have failed to find out where that wire goes to that is creating the short. And pulling the 20 amp brake fuse had no effect. I rewired the whole brake light circuit, taped off the old unused wires, and now have normal brake light function. I did put a new 20 amp fuse into the circuit. Thanks again for all the input on this; had the car had stock wiring, this would have been a whole lot easier!
stevep914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2023 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevep914Send a Private Message to stevep914Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stevep914

211 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Sorry for the double post- thought the first one didn’t go, and I did try to remove it!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock