Who rebuilds speedos? by longjonsilver
Started on: 07-08-2023 05:42 PM
Replies: 8 (306 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-12-2023 06:35 PM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2023 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2023 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum member JGunsett does a great job on Fiero gages, including the speedometer.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2023 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the problem with the speedo, provide some detail? What year, or is it backlit or non-backlit?

Jack
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2023 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks - i believe you did my tach for me. Works good. This speedo is from an 85 GT that i pulled from the wrecking yard. i converted my 84 to an 85 GT look alike, including the speedo.

the speedo either works good (?) or not at all. You never know what the result will be for that day, or when it will change. i believe it is backlit - its the 120mph unit.

jon

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 3800SC, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2023 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2023 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The speedometer gets its signal from the lower left connector, on the bottom of the dash. If it's either working good or not working at all, I would suspect something as simple as a bad connection.

Have you tried hitting it? 😄

Seriously, if you hit the dash from above, does that change anything?
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2023 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Seriously, if you hit the dash from above, does that change anything?

Spoken like a true Dutchman!
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2023 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

The speedometer gets its signal from the lower left connector, on the bottom of the dash. If it's either working good or not working at all, I would suspect something as simple as a bad connection.

Thanks Cliff. i will give the connector an inspection.
------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 3800SC, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

[This message has been edited by longjonsilver (edited 08-05-2023).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2023 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Spoken like a true Dutchman!

I'm a retired career electronics/telecom tech.

"Percussive maintenance" is truly a thing.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock