Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  A/C issues. "Tight" compressor. Belt slipping.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
A/C issues. "Tight" compressor. Belt slipping. by Raydar
Started on: 09-02-2023 11:11 AM
Replies: 36 (360 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 09-11-2023 07:08 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is an 88 GT. Doesn't matter how tight I get the A/C belt, it slips and squeals. I can re-tighten the belt, and it's okay for a few minutes, and then starts squealing again. (The adjustment is not slipping.)
The belt has been replaced. The one that came on the car broke.
With the engine off, I can turn the compressor fairly easily by hand, just by grabbing the clutch.
Long story short, it seems like the compressors is dragging, or having a difficult time turning, under power. It does not try to stall the engine, however.

Full disclosure... I had to remove the HVAC airbox to clean out the ductwork, heater, and evap core.
I was planning to let the refrigerant escape slowly, so as to retain all the oil. (Yeah... I know.) But instead, the schrader valve blew out and coated the entire right side of the compartment with A/C oil. Lots of it.
It gets better. The car had an R134A low side fitting, but the high side still had the R12 fitting, with no R134A adapter. So... what refrigerant was in it was in question. If it had been converted, what oil was even in it?
I decided to replace my "lost" oil with Ester oil, since that's supposed to be compatible with PAG and mineral oil. I figured that I had likely vented most of what was in the receiver dryer, since that's where the schrader came from. So I added ~2 oz. (This might be where I messed up.)

I vacuumed the system down, and it held just fine, so I entered the required amount of R134A; ~36 oz., and called it a day.
I should add that the A/C will run you out of the car. It cools better than the A/C in any of my other cars.

So... why does my compressor "drag"? Have I possibly got too much oil in the system? I haven't looked at high side pressure yet, but low side seems to be fine.
As I said, it seems to work fine, and cycles fine, other than the dragging.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-02-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, did the belt squeal before the Airbox work and recharge?

About the R134A fitting on the low side and not on the high, I ran into this issue where the high side adapter would not seal so we left that off and charged it Via the Low side port.
sdgdf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdgdfSend a Private Message to sdgdfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Looks like ChatGPT showed up to the thread to help you

That's real sketchy it doesn't show the url/destination when I hover over that link.

[This message has been edited by sdgdf (edited 09-02-2023).]

sdgdf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdgdfSend a Private Message to sdgdfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sdgdf

257 posts
Member since Sep 2012
This bot has shown up on multiple threads, it looks like its trying to inject malicious code:

<span id="SHOWHIDDEN84984" class="HTMLBodyLink" style="cursor ointer;" onclick="document.getElementById('HIDDEN84984').style.display='';document.getElementById('SHOWHIDDEN84984').style.display='none'"><!-- HIDE_CAPTIONSTART -->Click to see AI response<!-- HIDE_CAPTIONEND --></span>

Cliff needs to delete its posts.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sdgdf:

This bot has shown up on multiple threads, it looks like its trying to inject malicious code:

I checked the announcements. This is a "Cliff" thing.
It's supposed to answer questions, but all I've seen so far is it quoting verbatim, with slightly different spacing of phrases.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40859 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by jelly2m8:

Raydar, did the belt squeal before the Airbox work and recharge?

About the R134A fitting on the low side and not on the high, I ran into this issue where the high side adapter would not seal so we left that off and charged it Via the Low side port.

I'm not sure. Soon after buying the car, I realized that it had a white mold problem, due to a minor leak in the sunroof.
The first order of the day was to gut the interior, Including all the ductwork, and decontaminate everything. I didn't want to take any chances on it coming back.

Good info on the fittings. But even if the car had been converted to R134, I still probably needed to use Ester oil, I'm thinking. I couldn't assume that everything had been disassembled and flushed.

Thanks for your input.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Click to see AI response"

THEY TOOK MY JERB!

Check the air gap on the clutch coil, and make sure the two metal surfaces are clean, the air gap should be ~0.020".

Considering you had mystery oil (in terms of quantity and type) in before and added Ester oil, there is likely too much oil in the system. Most of it is probably going to settle in the compressor, accumulator, and under-car lines. If you can remove and drain those, then add 8oz of PAG or Ester, that would be ideal to make sure it's closer to spec.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

"Click to see AI response"

THEY TOOK MY JERB!

Check the air gap on the clutch coil, and make sure the two metal surfaces are clean, the air gap should be ~0.020".
there is likely too much oil in the system. Most of it is probably going to settle in the compressor, accumulator, and under-car lines. If you can remove and drain those, then add 8oz of PAG or Ester, that would be ideal to make sure it's closer to spec.

Doesn't some "live" in the condensor and evaporator, too? If I thought I could successfully drain it all without disassembling everything, I'd do it in a hot minute. I didn't think it was that easy.
I've got an air compressor. Maybe I could blow everything out. I was thinking that, since I added ~2 oz., maybe I could just remove *almost* 2 oz.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-02-2023).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2023 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doesn't some "live" in the condensor and evaporator, too?

Yes, but not as much as the others. You could drain and flush the whole thing to be sure, but some small amount of residual oil is fine.

I was thinking that, since I added ~2 oz., maybe I could just remove *almost* 2 oz.

Thanks!

This assumes the system had the proper amount to begin with (and wasn't R-12 525 viscosity mineral oil). The fact you pressed the schrader valve and it sprayed 2oz of oil everywhere would seem to suggest there's a LOT of oil in there.
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This assumes the system had the proper amount to begin with (and wasn't R-12 525 viscosity mineral oil). The fact you pressed the schrader valve and it sprayed 2oz of oil everywhere would seem to suggest there's a LOT of oil in there.

Shouldn't a good long vacuum evacuate the majority of the oil? say 20 mins under 30 or more inches of vacuum . I do respect your knowledge, just asking an honest inquiry.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you "put too much oil" and hydrolock the compressor would lock it not cause "Tight" compressor.

Likely the compressor is bad.
Or maybe you pulled the belt too tight cause cord layer failure. Many people think the belt need pulled like string for banjo etc. and quickly fail.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<span id="SHOWHIDDEN84984" class="HTMLBodyLink" style="cursor ointer;" onclick="document.getElementById('HIDDEN84984').style.display='';document.getElementById('SHOWHIDDEN84984').style.display='none'"><!-- HIDE_CAPTIONSTART -->Click to see AI response<!-- HIDE_CAPTIONEND --></span>

No, it's not injecting malicious quotes. It just puts its response inside a [ hide ][ /hide ] tag. The reason you don't see a URL if you hover over it is because it's not a link.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11757 posts
Member since Jan 99

Looks like ChatGPT showed up to the thread to help you

That's my mistake. It was working properly but I made a small change and made an small error causing the software to display the question instead of the answer.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jelly2m8:

Shouldn't a good long vacuum evacuate the majority of the oil? say 20 mins under 30 or more inches of vacuum . I do respect your knowledge, just asking an honest inquiry.

It actually doesn't, that's why you can add the oil to the accumulator and compressor before sealing the system up and drawing vacuum.

Here's a demo (HVAC but same principle as MVAC)

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't just press the schrader. I figured I could unscrew it a few threads and create a slow leak. Wrong-O!
Instead, it blew the core into the next county, and a green blast came out of the receiver-drier, where the valve core had previously lived. So there was a nice coating of oil and dye all over the right side of the front compartment, and the underside of the hood, and the jack attachment bracket, and...

And Ogre... I know that I *could* have hydrolocked the compressor, if it was trying to compress just oil. I just figured that maybe there was just enough oil to reduce the volume enough to not hydrolock the compressor, but to make the gas/oil mixture a lot harder to compress.
That was actually the gist of my question.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Once I get my blue car ready for RFTH, this is next on the list.
sdgdf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdgdfSend a Private Message to sdgdfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't just press the schrader. I figured I could unscrew it a few threads and create a slow leak. Wrong-O!
Instead, it blew the core into the next county, and a green blast came out of the receiver-drier, where the valve core had previously lived. So there was a nice coating of oil and dye all over the right side of the front compartment, and the underside of the hood, and the jack attachment bracket, and...

And Ogre... I know that I *could* have hydrolocked the compressor, if it was trying to compress just oil. I just figured that maybe there was just enough oil to reduce the volume enough to not hydrolock the compressor, but to make the gas/oil mixture a lot harder to compress.
That was actually the gist of my question.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Once I get my blue car ready for RFTH, this is next on the list.

What I research online, its called slugging if the compressor has too much oil. Nothing definitive about whether it can cause the belt to squeal. More likely its to do with the pulley or clutch? If you blew out that much oil 2oz isn't really a lot to add back in. If you change the accumulator its 4oz in a new one.

Someone I know, if they want to let the refridge escape slowly, they just loosen 1 of the nuts on the accumulator . They were in a rush on the weekend to get the a/c working and shops weren't open to capture.

[This message has been edited by sdgdf (edited 09-03-2023).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I research online, its called slugging if the compressor has too much oil. Nothing definitive about whether it can cause the belt to squeal. More likely its to do with the pulley or clutch?

The pulley spins fine, when it's not engaged. The clutch also seems to be doing it's job. I'm pretty sure it's not slipping. It's the belt that's slipping.
About the only time I drove the car before the "geyser" was on the way home, and maybe to town a time or two. Then I tore it all down.

Strangely enough, the seller told me that the A/C needed to be charged occasionally. I have never seen that. A year later, it's still so cold it will run you out of the car.
PFF AI Bot
Artificial Intelligence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PFF AI BotSend a Private Message to PFF AI BotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click to see AI response
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just had the PFF AI Bot regenerate its answer since the original answer it gave was just a repeat of the question (which was a bug in my program).
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2023 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, Cliff! Thank you!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I experienced this once on another vehicle that I owned. Apparently the person that owned it before me sold it to me with a "recent recharge". The reason that the compressor was locked up and the belt slipping was that when I put the gauges on the system to check the readings showed that it was way overcharged. Took out some R-134a and all was fine. IIRC it only takes about 2 cans of R-134a to be recharged to full. That might be the problem.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AeroDon had a solution for the unfixable squeal. Being a service tech for a diesel fleet, he found that a Freightliner belt solved the problem. It was a little meatier and filled the V groove of the pulley, giving it more contact surface. It didn't sit down into the pulley because it was thicker. Stock Goodyear number is 15730 for reference. It may be different on engine swaps.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

IIRC it only takes about 2 cans of R-134a to be recharged to full. That might be the problem.

R-134A cans are typically sold as 12oz cans, which would make 2 can 24oz or 1.5lbs, which is way too little. The Fiero's original R-12 capacity is 40oz or 2.5lbs, typical R-134A conversions use 80-90% of the original R-12 charge, which would be about 2-2.25 lbs. Three 12oz cans is 2.25lbs, which is about perfect, since you're probably not quite going to get all of the 3rd can in.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R-134A cans are typically sold as 12oz cans, which would make 2 can 24oz or 1.5lbs, which is way too little. The Fiero's original R-12 capacity is 40oz or 2.5lbs, typical R-134A conversions use 80-90% of the original R-12 charge, which would be about 2-2.25 lbs. Three 12oz cans is 2.25lbs, which is about perfect, since you're probably not quite going to get all of the 3rd can in.

I certainly won't dispute those numbers but I've always recharged from the large commercial cylinders using gauges. Lets also remember that a full system recharge also uses about 6 oz of Ester oil

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-08-2023).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Lets also remember that a full system recharge also uses about 6 oz of Ester oil

Should be 8oz, originally 525 viscosity mineral oil for R-12, whatever your compressor manufacturer recommends for R-134A.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

AeroDon had a solution for the unfixable squeal. Being a service tech for a diesel fleet, he found that a Freightliner belt solved the problem. It was a little meatier and filled the V groove of the pulley, giving it more contact surface. It didn't sit down into the pulley because it was thicker. Stock Goodyear number is 15730 for reference. It may be different on engine swaps.

I would be interested in this belt, that's something I was mulling, there's are 35 plus year old cars, those V-Groove pullies wear out, a thicker belt just may be the ticket.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jelly2m8

6231 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Man, I had 2.25 lbs of R134A put into my conversion with a new 3800 compressor, evacuated old ass stock system and that sucker blows so cold on Norm that I turn it down. Thank you for your knowledge^^
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jelly2m8, if you have an old belt and can find a diesel repair shop, they might be able to match it up. I thought I had one in the garage, but not. Don had said there was a slight difference in length or the thickness of the belt made it a little difficult to get onto the pulleys. That was for a 60 degree engine setup. The same belt might not work on an engine swap.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a great suggestion, there's a few truck centers here I use for different parts. No the belt won't work for my application but I do still work on others and I have a customer who has an AC belt squeal with one of the popular automatic belt tensioners sold on the forum and my thought is his pulleys are simply worn, a thicker belt should fix his issue.
PFF
System Bot
88TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came here to ask if any one has ever seen this on their A/C? I replaced all my switches parts etc but this was soldered into my old power supply. do I need this?
I am sure RWD knows, he has been a massive help in his posts about A/C.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the connector for the clutch coil on the compressor. The thing between the terminals is a diode.

Four Seasons 37201

https://www.4s.com/en/ecata...7201&type=p&search=s

https://www.amazon.com/Four...nector/dp/B000C2MAGI
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2023 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88TTops:

I came here to ask if any one has ever seen this on their A/C? I replaced all my switches parts etc but this was soldered into my old power supply. do I need this?

Yes, it is required for the plug. All Fiero's have them. It does look out of place though for sure.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2023 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was going to look into that. It appears that a couple of numbers got transposed. It should be a 15370.
37" sounds about right, since the stock belt is 37", according to the 22P. The number given was for a 73" belt. That... just didn't sound right.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2023 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88TTops:
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Yes that is Required.
All GM and many other have same Diode there to Stop Power Surges when the coil is turn off.

Dorman & others sell pigtail w/ the Diode.
Must be installed right or Diode blows & car will have problems.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 09-10-2023).]

88TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopsSend a Private Message to 88TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the connector for the clutch coil on the compressor. The thing between the terminals is a diode.

Four Seasons 37201

https://www.4s.com/en/ecata...7201&type=p&search=s

https://www.amazon.com/Four...nector/dp/B000C2MAGI

Thank you found out the replacement has it! Thank god!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, sorry about the transposition. Glad you got it figured out.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2023 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve, sorry about the transposition. Glad you got it figured out.

Not a big deal. Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it.
Seems like I remember Don talking about that. But I've slept a few times since then, so...

My new belt just arrived this afternoon, so I'll report back in, one way or the other.
Probably in a few days. Have some farm equipment repairs to get out of the way, first.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-11-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock