Oil gauge all over the place by bmyers
Started on: 10-04-2023 09:40 PM
Replies: 3 (173 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-04-2023 11:06 PM
bmyers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2023 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmyersSend a Private Message to bmyersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, on my '86 GT the oil pressure gauge bounces all over the place. After warming-up it SOMETIMES seems to work fine.

Is the oil pressure sending unit the likely culprit? From what I been reading here it seems upgrading to the '88 design is recommended. Is that still true and can anyone tell me why?

Otherwise, if you think the problem is not the sending unit, please advise.

Thank you.

------------------
Brian M.
1986 GT Auto

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sleek fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2023 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be the sender as they do fail and leak out the top. But before you change it I would install a tee fitting and a manual Guage and start it and compare pressures. if they don't match then replace the sender. sleek
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2023 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would have to put a mechanical gauge on it to verify that the pressure is good.
After you know the pressure is solid, then you can start looking in to the electronics.
Sender, wiring, gauge.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2023 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Make sure it's not something as simple as bad contact at the sender's connector. A pegged gauge indicates no electrical contact.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock