Interior roof lights by ausfiero123
Started on: 10-27-2023 08:06 AM
Replies: 17 (266 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-05-2023 07:45 PM
ausfiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ausfiero123Send a Private Message to ausfiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been have some electrical issues with the beast regards the interior lighting,basically,all the interior lights would not tirn off,the foot well lights,the over head centre light and the boot/engine bay light. The issue appears to be linked to the earthing system associated with these lights and after a bit of messing around,I gave up and just re-did the earthing specific to these lights and they are now all good. My issue is that I am not really happy with the way that I initially fixed the issue with the interior overhead roof light and I would like to get it working properly so I need to know, can anyone tell me please which A pillar the wiring to this light runs up so I can run a new clean earth up to the light? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the "wheel" to dim the dash lights.
If Turned full to 1 end, it turns on the Dome lights same as a Door open.

If foot light are on when shouldn't be...
Check Fuses. Double the Bat fuse.

see https://web.archive.org/web...rocave/sneakpath.htm

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wiring harness runs up the left hand A pillar.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2023 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a pretty car.
and I prefer notch backs.
so that is saying something

Everything you said suggest the BAT fuse.

But I guess to answer your question. the wires run up on the drivers side.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 10-28-2023).]

ausfiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ausfiero123Send a Private Message to ausfiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thankyou for your input,through various means I have managed to get all working as it should with a bit of time and very little mess. Thought I would add a couple more pics just for interest sake.[img]https://images.fiero.nl/userimages/a usfiero123/DSCF3323.JPG[/img]

[This message has been edited by ausfiero123 (edited 10-30-2023).]

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2023 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wait a gosh darn minute...
Why is your steering wheel on the wrong side?
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2023 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:
Because he's From: Melbourne Australia & require to have this.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2023 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by buddycraigg:
Because he's From: Melbourne Australia & require to have this.[/QUOTE]

No, not always. I have 3 Fieros, 2 in Aus and 1 in transit and none have been converted. You only have to convert to RHD if the vehicle is less than 30 years old at time of import.

Conversion is an expensive thing to do & I expect AusFiero123's car was originally imported before it turned 30. It has to be certified by an automotive engineer and most have a re-manufacturing plaque recognising this. The interesting bit is the steering rack. I believe the rack most conversion companies used was from a Volvo 245 RHD.

BTW, I don't believe there are any companies in OZ doing conversions on Fieros any more. I'd be interested to find out if there are, however.

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 11-02-2023).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2023 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

You only have to convert to RHD if the vehicle is less than 30 years old at time of import.

Mike (or ausfiero), which side of the steering column is the turn signal stalk located on a car "converted" to RHD? I suspect it's still on the left hand side.

When I got my RHD Subie, it was confusing as heck to me that the turn signal stalk was on the right hand side. Whenever I went to put the blinkers on, I kept activating the windshield wipers.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2023 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, the turn signal stays on the same side of the column. They just pick up the column, pedal box, instrument cluster and move it to the right side of the car. Good conversions, and AusFiero123's looks like a really good one, are hard to distinguish unless you know what to look for.

Turn signals can be confusing for someone from North, Central, and South America. I've got an old Holden Jackaroo with the turn signal lever on the other (left) side. Same for some of my other vehicles. But my old RHD CLK320 has the signal on the right. Go figger.

You can always tell a new driver from the US or Canada. They tend to turn on the wipers instead of signals at roundabouts by accident

Mike
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2023 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually have a question about the conversion: do they modify the main dash pad or install a new one?
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2023 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same top dash pad from what I can tell. Have to admit, I've never looked too closely. The map pocket and instrument panel swap positions so maybe the conversion company formed a new lower section.

Now you have me wondering. I'll pay more attention to the next RHD Fiero I see.

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 11-04-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2023 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started looking at the pictures and didn't think much of it... and then I said to myself... wait a minute... hahah...

I'm actually really impressed. Whomever did the conversion did a fantastic job. I mean, even down to the emergency brake lever and everything ... looking like it came that way.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try looking here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000004.html Great thread on how left to right conversions are done in Australia.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Try looking here...

What a shame that all those dozens of AusFiero's images have disappeared into the ether.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What a shame that all those dozens of AusFiero's images have disappeared into the ether.

Yeah, it is. AusFiero is still around and contributes or comments occasionally. Maybe he still has the pics and will edit the thread to reload them (if that’s possible).
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe he still has the pics and will edit the thread to reload them (if that’s possible).

It would be great if he still has the images, as it's such an unusual Fiero topic. And the thread's not archived, so it is indeed possible to edit his posts to replace those images if he still has them.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-05-2023).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW cool car.
I never thought about the turn signals vrs wipers on a right hand drive. LOL funny thing.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock